| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:16:00 -
[1] - Quote
I'd like to get the Amarr cruiser Tech II Zealot but it has a lot of skill requirements. Is it worth it, or should I go with the Navy Faction version? (I currently have the regular "Omen" version in dry dock).
Comments? Thanks! -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
316
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:22:00 -
[2] - Quote
It's the best Zealot out there.
More seriously, it helps to know what you expect to be doing with it. It's a long range / low sig fleet ship and not much use solo or for PVE unless you like using odd ships for the job. GÖÑ Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children GÖÑ |

Goose99
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
41
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:29:00 -
[3] - Quote
There's a huge gap between between Zealot and Omen, if that's what you meant. |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:34:00 -
[4] - Quote
Kitty McKitty wrote:It's the best Zealot out there.
More seriously, it helps to know what you expect to be doing with it. It's a long range / low sig fleet ship and not much use solo or for PVE unless you like using odd ships for the job. I mainly do PvE. I can already get the Navy Faction Omen so I might just stick with that when I start doing higher level missions... -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:35:00 -
[5] - Quote
Goose99 wrote:There's a huge gap between between Zealot and Omen, if that's what you meant. Yeah I noticed that and by the time I have all the skills to be able to fly it, I could afford something else.....  -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
320
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:36:00 -
[6] - Quote
If you intend to stick with Amarr for solo PVE and don't want a battleship you are better off aiming for a Legion to be honest. GÖÑ Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children GÖÑ |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:41:00 -
[7] - Quote
Cool, I'll check it out. Honestly, I'm still doing level 1 missions! hehehe I do have an Omen put up right now and am using a faction Amarr frigate ATM. -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
320
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 02:53:00 -
[8] - Quote
I can't really help much with PVE fits but there's plenty of info out there. The only thing I can say in terms of PVE fitting philosophy is to start off with as good a tank as you can manage, then with experience you can drop that down and refit to do more damage till you get a balance.
This way you lose less ships, even if it's a bit slower running missions.
Amarr aren't generally regarded as very good for PVE but once you get some skills behind you they are just fine really. The main limitation is they tend only to do Em damage (the laser ships anyway). HAM legion or even a Sacrilege won't have this problem. GÖÑ Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children GÖÑ |

Headerman
Quovis Shadow of xXDEATHXx
180
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 05:37:00 -
[9] - Quote
Hey dood, the Zealot is THE best heavy assault ship in the game, only slightly ahead of the Vaga 9which is also very good). The Navy Omen is also awesome to use, has extra PG and CPU like every other navy version.
They are best used in small/large gangs of similar ships, and not much use in PVE due to no defensive bonus.
Best ships for Amarr for L2's would be the Arbitrator due to it's great drone damage bonus. So easy to fit lots of tank and lots of cap and let the drones kill everything.
Another big plus with the Arbitrator is its very low cost [img]http://i53.tinypic.com/bebnf8.jpg[/img] |

Mavnas
The Scope Gallente Federation
2
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 05:58:00 -
[10] - Quote
Sowilla wrote:Cool, I'll check it out. Honestly, I'm still doing level 1 missions! hehehe I do have an Omen put up right now and am using a faction Amarr frigate ATM.
If you're careful the Slicer can do all level 2s, 3s, and some 4s, but it's slow. The Omen Navy Issue is annoyingly fragile in comparison because it's so much easier to hit.
Arbitrator is very skill intensive for what it does. I think everyone forgets that Drone Interfacing takes weeks to train to V, and drones kind of suck without it. |

kasai zenpachi
Seal Team Six
1
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 06:03:00 -
[11] - Quote
I love the zealot but its only good for pvp, armor hac's fleet of zealots are the best low sig and nice buff and crazy dps. If u r serious about pve for isk then train for a drake, you can solo l4 and is cheap ship then work on getting a tengu |

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
69
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 06:14:00 -
[12] - Quote
Mavnas wrote:Arbitrator is very skill intensive for what it does. I think everyone forgets that Drone Interfacing takes weeks to train to V, and drones kind of suck without it.
About 25 days from level 1 to level 5. Not the longest train in the world but a killer if you're not used to it. You CAN get away with just level 4 though (especially if you plan to stick to sub-caps). 
@Sowilla...
The Zealot is a T2 ship... which means it is a "specialty" ship. Look over the info on it and you'll notice that it has a few things going for it...
- enough CPU/Powergrid to comfortably fit the biggest cruiser-sized pulse lasers (allowing you to hit harder)... - bonuses to laser range and rate of fire (shoot farther and faster)... - higher resistances in kinetic and explosive damage (means you need less mods to tank well)... - it's still a cruiser and thus quite mobile (you can sorta speed tank)
However, the Zealot has a few bad qualities going for it...
- has no drone bay ( which means it has limited point defense against small ships) - has very few mid slots (limited utility abilities) - not very "flexible" (good at engaging stuff at range, sucks when engaging up close) - skill and ISK intensive.
tl;dr... you CAN use a Zealot for PvE... but it isn't recommended due the Zealot's relative inflexibility at dealing with different (and sometimes emergent) situations.
The Navy Omen... euh... it's a slightly better version of what the regular Omen SHOULD be. And compared to the Zealot, it's vastly more flexible (at the cost of not being able to hit out as far and fast). "Just because I seem like an idiot, doesn't mean I am one." ~Unknown |

Lili Lu
8
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 17:18:00 -
[13] - Quote
Zealot is a pvp ship.
Best advice, Arbitrator for level 2, Harbinger for level 3, Whatever Amarr BS floats your boat for level 4. Caveat being that is against blood raider and sansha rats. Guristas and Angels in particular will laugh when you tickle them with your mighty lazors. |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 18:14:00 -
[14] - Quote
Headerman wrote:Hey dood, the Zealot is THE best heavy assault ship in the game, only slightly ahead of the Vaga 9which is also very good). The Navy Omen is also awesome to use, has extra PG and CPU like every other navy version.
They are best used in small/large gangs of similar ships, and not much use in PVE due to no defensive bonus.
Best ships for Amarr for L2's would be the Arbitrator due to it's great drone damage bonus. So easy to fit lots of tank and lots of cap and let the drones kill everything.
Another big plus with the Arbitrator is its very low cost Is that a cruiser? It looks like it only has 2 turret slots and lower powergrid then my Omen. I've never used drones, are they good? -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 18:16:00 -
[15] - Quote
Kitty McKitty wrote:I can't really help much with PVE fits but there's plenty of info out there. The only thing I can say in terms of PVE fitting philosophy is to start off with as good a tank as you can manage, then with experience you can drop that down and refit to do more damage till you get a balance.
This way you lose less ships, even if it's a bit slower running missions.
Amarr aren't generally regarded as very good for PVE but once you get some skills behind you they are just fine really. The main limitation is they tend only to do Em damage (the laser ships anyway). HAM legion or even a Sacrilege won't have this problem. I like Amarr ships but yeah I see what you are saying. On my frigate I think it has like 125% damage increase for my pulse lasers lol -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 18:21:00 -
[16] - Quote
Mavnas wrote:Sowilla wrote:Cool, I'll check it out. Honestly, I'm still doing level 1 missions! hehehe I do have an Omen put up right now and am using a faction Amarr frigate ATM. If you're careful the Slicer can do all level 2s, 3s, and some 4s, but it's slow. The Omen Navy Issue is annoyingly fragile in comparison because it's so much easier to hit. Arbitrator is very skill intensive for what it does. I think everyone forgets that Drone Interfacing takes weeks to train to V, and drones kind of suck without it. Yeah I'm loving the Slicer! I chewed thru at least 20 pirates, taking only minimal damage to my shields! :) -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 18:22:00 -
[17] - Quote
ShahFluffers wrote: @Sowilla...
The Zealot is a T2 ship... which means it is a "specialty" ship. Look over the info on it and you'll notice that it has a few things going for it...
- enough CPU/Powergrid to comfortably fit the biggest cruiser-sized pulse lasers (allowing you to hit harder)... - bonuses to laser range and rate of fire (shoot farther and faster)... - higher resistances in kinetic and explosive damage (means you need less mods to tank well)... - it's still a cruiser and thus quite mobile (you can sorta speed tank)
However, the Zealot has a few bad qualities going for it...
- has no drone bay ( which means it has limited point defense against small ships) - has very few mid slots (limited utility abilities) - not very "flexible" (good at engaging stuff at range, sucks when engaging up close) - skill and ISK intensive.
tl;dr... you CAN use a Zealot for PvE... but it isn't recommended due the Zealot's relative inflexibility at dealing with different (and sometimes emergent) situations.
The Navy Omen... euh... it's a slightly better version of what the regular Omen SHOULD be. And compared to the Zealot, it's vastly more flexible (at the cost of not being able to hit out as far and fast).
Cool, thanks for the info! -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Mavnas
The Scope Gallente Federation
3
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 22:46:00 -
[18] - Quote
I used to joke that my Slicer was over-tanked for L4s, because really once I popped all the small ships, I could go out and replace my entire tank with heat sinks and not have to worry about it.
edit: big problem of course is that if you get webbed, you might die. I got pretty good at orbitting webbers at 15km and popping them before they did their thing, but that take some manual flying as well when there more than 2. So it's definitely not safe in all missions. And anything not weak to EM/Therm is just too much of a pain with small guns.
edit 2: I would definitely use a Slicer over an Arbi for level 2s though. |

Jennifer Starling
Imperial Navy Forum Patrol
48
|
Posted - 2011.10.11 23:23:00 -
[19] - Quote
Lili Lu wrote:Zealot is a pvp ship.
Best advice, Arbitrator for level 2, Harbinger for level 3, Whatever Amarr BS floats your boat for level 4. Caveat being that is against blood raider and sansha rats. Guristas and Angels in particular will laugh when you tickle them with your mighty lazors. This.
Zealots are pretty ships but they don't have drones so you're very vulnerable to being helplessly webbed while your pulses can't track the NPC spider drones or other webbers. Don't do this to yourself. For missions, Navy Omens are far more versatile and can deal very decent damage.
L2: Arbitrator, Harbinger, Retribution, Navy Omen L3: Harbinger, (Retribution), Navy Omen
|

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.12 00:34:00 -
[20] - Quote
Thank you both for the replies! The Navy Omen is starting to sound like a good ship so I think I'll go with that after my Slicer outlives its usefulness. :) -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Songbird
13
|
Posted - 2011.10.12 02:45:00 -
[21] - Quote
you should train up for the t1 zealot - so much faster. |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.12 13:33:00 -
[22] - Quote
I didn't know there was a Tech I Zealot. I'll have to look for it. :) -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Cryissa
Caldari Navy Operations
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.12 14:01:00 -
[23] - Quote
Drones are KEY. I have in my early days lost ships due to either no drones or the early drone training and using only Tech one drones.
I never do level 4 missions without good drone support so with that said I wouldnt use a ship without drones apart from the Tengu.
Just my 2 cents :)
|

Dunbar Hulan
The Flaming Sideburn's Art of War Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2011.10.12 16:51:00 -
[24] - Quote
A Retribution will easily do up to level 3 missions, something to think about. There it is. |

Jill Antaris
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
5
|
Posted - 2011.10.12 19:11:00 -
[25] - Quote
Cryissa wrote:Drones are KEY. I have in my early days lost ships due to either no drones or the early drone training and using only Tech one drones.
I never do level 4 missions without good drone support so with that said I wouldnt use a ship without drones apart from the Tengu.
Just my 2 cents :)
I hope you realize that the zealot got no drones at all. However it is generally one of the best anti frig ships in the game, by his high range, very high tracking at this ranges and solid damage projection at range.
The comments about spider drones sound pretty much like assumptions or 2. hand experience to me, since you can wipe 4 out of 6 spider drones before they even made it under the range of scorch(and yes they go 5km/s) and then melt the rest at close range with a proper fit(and no L4 fields more, even if silence the informant is trickier because everything webs and you have like 20 frigs in the 2. pocket). Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
The navy omen is a very big upgrade compared to the Omen, since it adds enough fitting to use heavy puls and enough lows to get a solid tank after 3-4 heat sinks.
The Zealot is even better, the mix of high speed, high range and solid damage is very nice in PVE. Legion is like 5 times as expensive for about twice the tank, a lot better capacitor and a bit better dps if you go with a 6 gun configuration. You can do L4 in a Zealot, however a BS(especially the amarr and sansha ones) are mostly a lot faster by the higher damage and range.
However a Zealot or Legion is very nice for plexing, wh or incurison PVE, where a BS is often not so handy by the massive sig or his limited ability to hit smaller stuff. |

Sowilla
Malleus Soul
0
|
Posted - 2011.10.13 03:28:00 -
[26] - Quote
Thanks for all the replies! I think I'll go with the Navy Omen and definitely get some drones. My frigate is kicking but for now, but all the info this thread has provided is certainly appreciated!  -=CEO & founder of Malleus Soul, contact me for employment info=- |

Aesiron
Deep Excavation Army of Dark Shadows
2
|
Posted - 2011.10.13 06:16:00 -
[27] - Quote
I myself am looking up to a Zealot. It would definitely be able to run level 4s a lot faster than a BS but with a lot more tank and DPS than the Omen. |

Tora Oni
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2011.10.13 07:03:00 -
[28] - Quote
The Zealot is a good PVP and sniper boat. The Navy Omen is a damn fine ship to PVE in. Has good bonuses to do some nice damage to rats. I normally fly Legions...... but when I am bored as hell and there is no PVP to be done in the holes, I take my Navy Omen and have some 'fun'. Can also be used for PVP....depending what you run into.  |

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
73
|
Posted - 2011.10.13 07:47:00 -
[29] - Quote
Sowilla... it just occurred to me that you might want to consider going for a Harbinger rather than a Navy Omen or a Zealot. Not only is it half the price and "forgiving" with SP (or lack of) but it it also has a bit of "flexibility" in dealing with different situations... all at the cost of mobility of course.
Battlecruisers use the same weapons, mods, and skills the cruisers do... and they pack quite a bit of "oomph" for their price. "Just because I seem like an idiot, doesn't mean I am one." ~Unknown |

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
491
|
Posted - 2011.10.13 08:31:00 -
[30] - Quote
Songbird wrote:you should train up for the t1 zealot - so much faster.
lol
+1
GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥ GÇö Karath Piki |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |