| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

nunnumunnur
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 17:54:00 -
[1]
Check out the front page or the downloads section
http://www.eve-online.com/
http://www.eve-online.com/downloads/
kewl
|

Ralimenua
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 18:03:00 -
[2]
Yum.
--------------=o0O+O0o=-------------- Grand Vizier and General Factotum
Hazara Khan's Haphazard Bazaar The Finest Camels in all EVE! O0o=------------------+------------------=o0O |

Graah
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 18:04:00 -
[3]
Nice. Bit much with all the exploding ship shots but that's a minor complaint.
Oh, and if you want people to to loose bladder control when they watch your trailer you need to put in some footage of a massive gangwarp :)
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 18:32:00 -
[4]
"you lot buried in the forums, reload the front page now and then." heh. thanks for the heads-up.
18.2 MB in 33 seconds... i lub my LAN.
I was going to mention the missing review / b0rked section, but it looks like it's been fixed, so nm. Nice new PoTW, too. I suspect that's gonna be one crowded tourist attraction for a while...
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Mr Popov
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 19:17:00 -
[5]
ok, now all you have to do is put this out to every game site you can think of. Please don't let this game die the way MCO did (not that I am worried about EVE or anything) by never advertising it in Mags, websites, etc. I have yet to see an EVE Online banner ad anywhere...
|

Morkt Drakt
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 19:33:00 -
[6]
If only frigates moved that fast...
ah if only...
|

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 19:48:00 -
[7]
Mr Popov, have you ever visited pc.ign.com? It's only one of the largest PC gaming websites on the Internet.. EVE banners and ads were running there for a long time. _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

Adrenalin
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 20:18:00 -
[8]
wow nice trailer. Too bad they had to super speed everything to make it look exciting =(
|

Ducat DesFlynne
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 20:30:00 -
[9]
Hmmm.
I don't know. If I had never played the game before, and got all hyped about what looks like lots of high paced action (based on this video), I have a tendancy to think I would be very disappointed when I finally purchased the game and played it.
It's practically false advertising.
Well, maybe that's too strong of a term. Let's say, "Gross Exaggeration".
|

Lola
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 20:56:00 -
[10]
Did you see all those griefers?
That music made me want to take drugs and dance. ----------------------------------------- Sig rented by Drethen Nerevitas. |

Rogue Noir
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 21:12:00 -
[11]
Hmm, I cant download it, I can only watch it in a crappy Iexplore media window. How can I dl it to my harddrive so it runs smoothly?(PC illiterate:( ) ----------------------------------------------- Shady trader, fence and gentleman extrordionaire.
Noir Enterprises Site |

Darlan Flame
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 21:25:00 -
[12]
We should totally go out of our way to make combat that badass.
|

Darkcraft
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 21:31:00 -
[13]
looks nothing like the game i'm playing... maybe i'm doing something wrong.. where was the mining???
|

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 21:34:00 -
[14]
It looks fantastic in the video, but it is nowhere near that fast. I could understand speeding it up a bit, but that's pushing the boundaries.
But it still looks fantastic. maybe one day, our ships *will* move like that...
I also noticed someone attacked a station. Hmm. .
|

Max Power
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 22:12:00 -
[15]
Mommy, why are those griefers shooting people?? lol
Top trailer. I propose all ships to be given 600 m/s speed increase.
|

ga'ia
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 22:17:00 -
[16]
OH MAN, i just watch the trailer, it owns.. As everyone could see everything was alot faster, this is something which eve currentely are missing. I would LOVE to have the game at almost that speed! Increasing all the numbers with the same ratio would still keep the game as it is now, but only much faster, the problem then is if the servers could handle it since it would pretty much mean the same increase in ratio of the serverload :/. Then you might think "yea...but then even newbies will be avaliable to dock in notime", not if CCP decrease the required docking range, set it -10000m, problem solved ;). Needs abit of balancing of it were to put in, but I LOVE IT, and I have no doubt the rest of you would either! __________________________________________________________ |

ga'ia
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 22:19:00 -
[17]
either = to (cant edit/delete my post cuz of the ' in my nick :(( ) __________________________________________________________ |

Valeria
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 22:47:00 -
[18]
It's a good trailer, though I don't think the music fits at all. You should have used In Flight 02 (Yum...), or maybe Gallentean 03 since you aren't using them in-game... they would have made the trailer even better.
Also, you are obviously trying to glorify combat when infact the real game consists of over-zealous cops, half the space full of sentry guns and heavy punishment for the players that do take part in combat. Also, what is it with everything flying so fast? It's obvious you are just playing the scenes at increased speeds, which of course makes combat seem even more exciting than it is.
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes some nublar, wrecking for 1155.0 damage. |

Molly
|
Posted - 2003.07.17 23:16:00 -
[19]
The trailer is good, but I miss the part where the pilot activates 3 mid slots modules in a fight, the game freezes then because of it, he logs on back again and is sitting in a pod. ---
"Molly > funny thing is, if they warn me for attacking in 1.0, why does a GM wish me luck doing so? Jash Illian > perverse sense of humor? Molly > lol Jash Illian > honestly tho, because he prolly doesn't know bships" |

Hippey
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 01:03:00 -
[20]
Yeah I also felt a little gypped when I saw te video. I mean I love EVE, but only because I understand it's not a twitch action game. For someone seeing this game, they'd expect even more twitch then Freelancer.
But.. it's marketing, and it'll get more sales then if it showest the TRUE combat speed.
And I agree.. if frigates DID move that fast, they wouldn't be as useless. ------------------------------------------- If you kill them, they will die!
Sport the war, war support The sport is war, total war When victory's really a massacre. The final swing is not a drill It's how many people I can kill! |

Frakture
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 01:16:00 -
[21]
Gallente 004 or Eve Rock 01 would have done this trailer much better. =P But the music stills fits in with the trailer.
|

Guilbert
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 01:28:00 -
[22]
well i like this trailer :) tho i liked the one with the pirate story much better :P
Mess with the best.. ..and die like the rest |

Helen Ripley
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 03:04:00 -
[23]
Can anyone explain to me why there is a giant statue and some weird outter space vine things in the video. I've been playing the game for a month and a half and I've never once seen a station with a giant statue on it. Or a giant space vine torny thingy.
Weird
Oh, and the video left out the exciting death-defying long hours of point and click mining.
(don't get me wrong though, i like the game, just a little puzzled by the video)
|

YuuKnow
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 03:09:00 -
[24]
I wish that that was really the in game music. It would be a nice addition. Maybe a setting on the option menu: "music style" "hipp hop, classical, or soothing"
Edited by: YuuKnow on 18/07/2003 03:10:36
|

Darlan Flame
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 03:56:00 -
[25]
I've seen the giant space thorn thingy. They're all at gates, and it's all just luck finding stuff.
|

Frakture
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 04:34:00 -
[26]
That thorn thing is a mysterious rock formation, i've seen one somewhere in amarr space. Mebbe i forgot the location of it. =P
|

Endureth
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 05:05:00 -
[27]
What game was that? I wanna go buy it.
-E
|

Naya
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 05:06:00 -
[28]
Looks pretty misleading to me. -Naya |

Jash Illian
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 05:28:00 -
[29]
The statue is in Amarr at the Royal somethingorother station.
I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann
Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante |

Muaddid
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 06:08:00 -
[30]
damn i want to play that game, it looks alot better than eve !
On vacations (need a new sig too) |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |