| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sphinxx
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 06:42:00 -
[31]
nice trailer Lookin for a deal on Caldari ships and other goods??? Please visit our site and make an inquiry as to what it is that you need and when we can provide you with it! What can we do to earn your business today? Offer you the best service and prices around on anything we offer! www.ebfrontieralliance.com |

Lord Zap
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 07:24:00 -
[32]
ROFLMAO, I have to agree with the majority of posts here. That trailer was great but bore hardly any resemblance to actually playing eve. Where were all the police and sentry guns owning those marauding frigates? Oh and has anyone seen a moa move like that? Still it should pull in the crowds if only for them to leave again when they are dissapointed with the over zealous police, lag and proliferation of the pink bat.
PS. I wouldn't like to go toe to toe with that Caldari titan :)
|

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 07:40:00 -
[33]
After having watched it a couple more times, I have to take back what I said, it's not sped up by a ridiculous amount. It's just that nobody has ever been in a battle that close-in. Well, I never have so far.
I'm guessing this was polaris or the GM's playing with boosted skills, because, other than the flyby's and snappy camera work, I can't see much evidence of speeding, except for maybe one: At 1:22 some guy fires of a barrage of missiles. I'm aware you can fire them off that quickly, but can you really make them target and turn so fast? My missile skills are underdeveloped, so mine currently act nothing like that. Or maybe it's just missiles I've never had.
Anyway, I still feel it is slightly misleading, unless you view the other trailers. If you changed the name to 'The Battle for <something> Outpost', and played it out like a corp war (which I guess it was) then it would be clearer.
It still looks kickass though. .
|

Frakture
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 08:01:00 -
[34]
Actually that music is included in the game, just not active(yet). =P
|

Astaroth
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 09:10:00 -
[35]
bah u all going on about the wrong thing... i wanna know what that uber cool lokin weapon was the Megathron was usin right at the end of it.
|

ga'ia
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 09:10:00 -
[36]
drunkenmaster, the combat seen is speeded up, thats no doubt about it, its not 3x LiF rifters with lvl 5 nav thats flying out there.
And btw, that statue is the POW ( http://www.eve-online.com/background/potw/03-july-01.asp __________________________________________________________ |

StarWolfer
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 09:10:00 -
[37]
"Damn i want to play that game, it looks alot better than eve !"
You'r too mean and you know it... Had to laugh about your comment though :-P
|

Venkman
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 09:11:00 -
[38]
I bet that music will be the official "war of the races" music - and that will be the time when they speed up everything...NOT.
BTW - I didn't see any wild shooting sentries either in the vid...
Venk. --- Dr. Peter Venkman and Gottfried the pet skunk
|

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 09:24:00 -
[39]
I think we should try to emulate this on chaos. most of us can drag up a cruiser or a frigate even with the old backup that's currently running.
It would be interesting to see how close we could get it.
ps. the more I view, the more I think it was all just done with close ups and fancy camera work.
And that BS weapon... <droooool> .
|

Miso
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 10:34:00 -
[40]
Well, it may be speeded up, but since when as it been an advertising perogative to tell the truth?
Nice trailer, should get bums on seats. Mission accomplished. -------------------------------------------- Dead
|

Ulendar
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 11:19:00 -
[41]
Very speedy.
Looks nice. If everything was really this fast i think people would have a hard time controling their ships.
On the other hand the idea of having faster moving missiles intreguad me!
Also what ive noticed is that what i saw in this trailer must have sertainly been choas content because on live half of these things are not in O_o
Now ofcourse these trailers are all with an eye towards the future but seriously...i think there is enough people already complaining about false advertising and whatnot. Eventhough something is planned or promised that doesnt mean it is actually there!
Originally by: cashman It's time for Eris to get a clue. CCP should make a statement about this.
It's the exact same things as what Zombie did, you may not attack in "safe-areas" (empire/within sentry range) without loosing your ship.
|

Nieda
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 11:25:00 -
[42]
Where do I sign up for beta of this game ? --------------------------------------------- 2004.08.12 14:50:32combatYour 720mm Carbine Howitzer I perfectly strikes Guristas Destructor, wrecking for 543.9 damage. |

Valeria
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 11:50:00 -
[43]
At one point in the trailer you will see a small ship ram a large Apocalypse, and the Apocalypse does the "swing around a bit because I was just rammed by a tiny ship" thing really, really fast, faster than the physics would allow it too due to it's mass. So it's definitly running at a higher speed than normal.
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes some nublar, wrecking for 1155.0 damage. |

V'cassLord Daeth
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 12:02:00 -
[44]
The clip is definatly sped up, and the add. is quiet limited...the combat sequence is so unimaginative and lacking in narrative..which is what eve is supposed to be about!...ooh..5 different...explosions...lol...is that all eve is about? Time to get a new addvertising team together...think IMAGE....if they want a battle sequence pull back the view a bit...get a panorama..and then follow the missle in for the kill!!! Remember Energy! content? Roleplaying....or is it all about the isk!
Edited by: V'cassLord Daeth on 18/07/2003 12:04:42
Edited by: V'cassLord Daeth on 18/07/2003 12:05:55
|

nails
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 15:26:00 -
[45]
I would love to see some player made music videos brought out of all of this. The players make better videos than the pro's any day. Plus they know what visuals/music are best for the game. I know hosting is usually not a problem with player MVs. Most people here have their own servers they can host stuff on. Players made tons of these for Tribes 2, and they were all sweet! ------------------
http://ota-corps.otaku.jp -- Anime l33t level
|

nails
|
Posted - 2003.07.18 15:34:00 -
[46]
Here is an example of what some people do to make a game look cooler. even if it's only 3 megs it gets the message across lol.
http://nails.otaku.jp/box/junk/shifter2aott640.asf ------------------
http://ota-corps.otaku.jp -- Anime l33t level
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |