| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 11:50:00 -
[1]
Blasters+MWD Blasters+AB Rails+AB Rails
Which combo is best on an Ishkur for Solo PvP, Small Gang PvP and Fleet Battles?
Free bumpage for all |

W0lverine
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 12:14:00 -
[2]
rails and AB all the way imo
|

slothe
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 13:36:00 -
[3]
Originally by: W0lverine rails and AB all the way imo
agreed
Say hello on our forum @www.aserea.com or join our public channel ingame "MLM Public" lordmix >... i helped a corp m8 pull it off |

Bazman
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 13:42:00 -
[4]
AB and Blasters tbh
I can't stand railguns on gallente assaults, how do you kill anything with those :P
|

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 14:08:00 -
[5]
Worth fitting a combination with some Nosferatu in it?
Free bumpage for all |

aqet
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 14:34:00 -
[6]
rails + ab..
af are 2 slow for blasters indys could porolly outrun u.
|

slothe
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 14:40:00 -
[7]
Originally by: R31D Worth fitting a combination with some Nosferatu in it?
i fit 3 125mm 1 small nos, and get in around 4/5 km
Say hello on our forum @www.aserea.com or join our public channel ingame "MLM Public" lordmix >... i helped a corp m8 pull it off |

jamesw
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 15:40:00 -
[8]
2 x nos, 2 x 75mm Gatling II MWD, scrambler, web Repairer, hardener, cap relay.
tackles + tanks like a leetle beetch (see it in action in my sig) -- jamesw Rubra Libertas Militia Latest Video: Vertigo in Stain |

Fierce Deity
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 16:06:00 -
[9]
rail/ab combo.
AF is too slow and heavy to fight effectively with blasters. in my experience the nos is a waste, tried a nos set up on my enyo and i never used it, i had a range of about 20k with some named 125's (iridium) and i faught a my optimal. i'm sure with anti matter it' a different story but i like being able to have a range on my targets eg. blasterax ------FD------
|

Cycerin Strikebeam
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 19:05:00 -
[10]
Use 75mm rails with antimatter and 400mm plate if you feel the need to get up close.
|

Claude Leon
|
Posted - 2005.07.31 20:01:00 -
[11]
Originally by: R31D Edited by: R31D on 31/07/2005 14:07:45 Blasters+MWD Blasters+AB Rails+AB Rails
Nosferatu?
Which combo is best on an Ishkur for Solo PvP, Small Gang PvP and Fleet Battles?
I totally agree with the rail combo. Your drones are going to be the key. Keep the Ishkur in optimal range and fire away with your rails. ===================================================
|

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 01:29:00 -
[12]
Originally by: jamesw 2 x nos, 2 x 75mm Gatling II MWD, scrambler, web Repairer, hardener, cap relay.
tackles + tanks like a leetle beetch (see it in action in my sig)
Great action of the Ishkur in that video (great video come to mention it). Anyway, thanks for all your help so far guys, more opinions welcome 
Oh, I really, really like the Ishkur now, thanks JamesW
Free bumpage for all |

Sadist
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 03:09:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Bazman AB and Blasters tbh
I can't stand railguns on gallente assaults, how do you kill anything with those :P
Believe me, blasters and AB on assault frigs just dont work. Esp. against LR inties and other rail assaults. Web = death. ---------------
Originally by: Dark Shikari "One Trit to rule them all, One Trit to find them, One Trit to bring them all, and in the veldspar bind them"
|

Alex Harumichi
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 08:28:00 -
[14]
Originally by: jamesw 2 x nos, 2 x 75mm Gatling II MWD, scrambler, web Repairer, hardener, cap relay.
tackles + tanks like a leetle beetch (see it in action in my sig)
Nice. I'll have to try something like this myself. The very idea of using 75mms, which most people consider crap guns, appeals to me. :)
|

jamesw
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 10:19:00 -
[15]
They dont hit hard, but they hit often and fast. Combined with the nos you can take on most frigates, and can tank a lot of damage providing you arent nossed by something bigger. -- jamesw Rubra Libertas Militia Latest Video: Vertigo in Stain |

Bazman
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 11:00:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Sadist
Originally by: Bazman AB and Blasters tbh
I can't stand railguns on gallente assaults, how do you kill anything with those :P
Believe me, blasters and AB on assault frigs just dont work. Esp. against LR inties and other rail assaults. Web = death.
I've had better results with Blasters, the key is to bait and trap your target. Easiest method is to warp to the gate they are at, and warp somewhere obvious, like a planet. The vast majority of the time he'll follow you to the planet at 15km, from there you just blast away. If some cheeky bugger tries to scram you at 15km and orbit, just send your drones at him or tank him and trundle to a gate.
|

Fuazzole
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 11:10:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Bazman
Originally by: Sadist
Originally by: Bazman AB and Blasters tbh
I can't stand railguns on gallente assaults, how do you kill anything with those :P
Believe me, blasters and AB on assault frigs just dont work. Esp. against LR inties and other rail assaults. Web = death.
I've had better results with Blasters, the key is to bait and trap your target. Easiest method is to warp to the gate they are at, and warp somewhere obvious, like a planet. The vast majority of the time he'll follow you to the planet at 15km, from there you just blast away. If some cheeky bugger tries to scram you at 15km and orbit, just send your drones at him or tank him and trundle to a gate.
I to can't stand rail's,..this baiting is the key
camp complex's were mwd is usless, stick close to buddie's when ganking were they can do the long range support and ive even tried the decloak at 2km to a much slower rail harpy staying under range of those puny guns(beware of web)
|

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 12:56:00 -
[18]
People don't like 75mm rails because they are so much worse than the other rails, but as I said in another post, they do more DPS than 250mm Artillery and how many Wolf pilots use that.....
Free bumpage for all |

DrunkenOne
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 13:57:00 -
[19]
Originally by: R31D People don't like 75mm rails because they are so much worse than the other rails, but as I said in another post, they do more DPS than 250mm Artillery and how many Wolf pilots use that.....
Actually I think it was as I said :). It seems pretty clear that the ishkur is close range. It already has defense vs longe range, mainly its drones. So fit mwd, nos, and blasters/75 gatlings. If its bigger/slower, get in close with blasters and *****it. If its smaller/faster, let it orbit you or do whatever the **** it wants while your 8-10 warriors pick away at him.
Originally by: Sochin
CCP has provided you with the tools you need to avoid crime. You're just too lazy/stupid to use them.
|

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 14:22:00 -
[20]
Originally by: DrunkenOne
Originally by: R31D People don't like 75mm rails because they are so much worse than the other rails, but as I said in another post, they do more DPS than 250mm Artillery and how many Wolf pilots use that.....
Actually I think it was as I said :). It seems pretty clear that the ishkur is close range. It already has defense vs longe range, mainly its drones. So fit mwd, nos, and blasters/75 gatlings. If its bigger/slower, get in close with blasters and *****it. If its smaller/faster, let it orbit you or do whatever the **** it wants while your 8-10 warriors pick away at him.
And I've given you credit for it in every other thread I've mentioned it. But I've also started to say that they do more DPS and I've mentioned it in other threads too 
Also, that was my general idea on how to fly the Ishkur but it's nice to know someone's tested it out for me 
Free bumpage for all |

slothe
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 15:29:00 -
[21]
oh and btw try mixing med drones with the light they do mre damage.
Say hello on our forum @www.aserea.com or join our public channel ingame "MLM Public" lordmix >... i helped a corp m8 pull it off |

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.08.01 21:15:00 -
[22]
Originally by: slothe oh and btw try mixing med drones with the light they do mre damage.
I'd try this but what would happen if you came up against an interceptor that wanted to stay out of web range. Would the mediums be doing any damage to him?
Free bumpage for all |

Alex Harumichi
|
Posted - 2005.08.02 10:30:00 -
[23]
Originally by: DrunkenOne
Originally by: R31D People don't like 75mm rails because they are so much worse than the other rails, but as I said in another post, they do more DPS than 250mm Artillery and how many Wolf pilots use that.....
Actually I think it was as I said :). It seems pretty clear that the ishkur is close range. It already has defense vs longe range, mainly its drones. So fit mwd, nos, and blasters/75 gatlings. If its bigger/slower, get in close with blasters and *****it. If its smaller/faster, let it orbit you or do whatever the **** it wants while your 8-10 warriors pick away at him.
I'd just like to say thanks, guys. This 75mm gatling + nosfe + mwd setup is the first Ishkur setup I'm happy with. I tested out an AB variant with 3 x 75mm gatlings and one nosfe on some missions, and it works there too (yes, I know Enyo is better on missions, but wanted to test). I hadn't even considered 75mms before this.
9 x t2 light drones also seem to put out decent damage vs frigates. Too bad they're still pretty expensive (600-900k per light drone, gah).
|

Grimwalius d'Antan
|
Posted - 2005.08.02 11:33:00 -
[24]
I think Im gonna experiment with 75mm's alot more now. I always wanted to find use for them, and James pretty much nailed it.
|

Stanis
|
Posted - 2005.08.02 13:38:00 -
[25]
Can you take other AFs in this setup?
|

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.08.02 13:50:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Stanis Can you take other AFs in this setup?
Yep, I've seen it used in a couple of videos
Free bumpage for all |

jamesw
|
Posted - 2005.08.03 02:40:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Stanis Can you take other AFs in this setup?
Yes, cruisers too. -- jamesw Rubra Libertas Militia Latest Video: Vertigo in Stain |

Stanis
|
Posted - 2005.08.06 00:42:00 -
[28]
Do u use med or light drones? or a combination of those?
|

R31D
|
Posted - 2005.08.06 19:29:00 -
[29]
Personally I'd use light drones only. That way your still doing good damage to interceptors who stay outside web range annd you also get more damage types crammed in (more important when you start to lose a couple)
Free bumpage for all |

Mao TseTung
|
Posted - 2005.08.06 21:35:00 -
[30]
jamesw's setup 4tw
Lieutenant Mao TseTung Caldari Assault Group "The pen and the sword are inexorably linked."
C.A.G. website http://bosie.proboards40.com/ |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |