| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Hopey
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 08:25:00 -
[1]
Confusing, but BOY am I enjoying myself so far :D
first time in a while i haven't wanted to go to work tomorrow simply to get more time with a new game :)
|

Tricky Trixy
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 08:37:00 -
[2]
Hey Hopey 
Welcome to EVE, as you are already becomming aware you are now longer allowed a life as EVE is your life 
Seriously this game will consume u, its far to adictive lol. Should be a damn warning when u download or buy the game hehe.
Anyway if you have any problems or questions please feel free to contact me. ----- Trixy says "Keep ur friends close but ur enemies even closer" -----
|
|

Jacques Archambault

|
Posted - 2005.08.17 09:39:00 -
[3]
Welcome to the EVE Community!
Have fun exploring the different features that EVE has to offer - essentially, "the universe is your oyster". 
Feel free to post any questions you may have in here (and browse the other forums too ) - we have a great community that will be willing to help you out.
Also have a read of the EVE-Online Player Guide.
Jacques'
{The Forum Rules} | {Email Us!} |
|

Snooppari
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 13:10:00 -
[4]
Always delighted to see new fresh blood on EVE 
IF you need any assistance, feel free to contact me.. 
|

Hopey
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 17:04:00 -
[5]
heh, thanks for the warm welcome.
is EVE set in the Bizarro universe? since when is an MMOG community THIS helpful and friendly?
shouldn't someone have insulted me by now?
:D
really looking forward to getting home tonight and logging in, although, frankly, i have NO idea what i "ought" to be doing!
|

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 17:35:00 -
[6]
Errmm... try flying to Amamake or Mara to see the darker side of Eve. Just be careful when you do.
♥♥♥♥♥
|

Hal2
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 17:55:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Hal2 on 17/08/2005 17:56:54
Originally by: Hopey heh, thanks for the warm welcome.
is EVE set in the Bizarro universe? since when is an MMOG community THIS helpful and friendly?
shouldn't someone have insulted me by now?
:D
really looking forward to getting home tonight and logging in, although, frankly, i have NO idea what i "ought" to be doing!
2 things you should be doing
1. Finish your training missions 2. Finish your training missions
After that you'll have a better idea on what to ask next but need I say: finish your training missions.
Oh Yea and 3. read the manual EVE-Online Player Guide.
|

Verone
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 18:15:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Jenny Spitfire Errmm... try flying to Amamake or Mara to see the darker side of Eve. Just be careful when you do.
That's probably bad advice at present... 
Welcome to eve Hopey... buy a clone, some insurance, and go have fun. 
ERIS DISCORDIA 4 TEH WIN |

Golden Helmet
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 18:57:00 -
[9]
Welcome to the wide wide universe of Eve. Hope you like it here. Contact me in-game if you need advice, ships, equipment, stuff like that :)
|

Eddie Johnes
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 19:24:00 -
[10]
The Eve community is indeed very helpful and friendly, more so than in any other online games I've experienced. Does anyone fancy conjecturing why this is so? 
|

Robert De'Arneth
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 20:21:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Eddie Johnes The Eve community is indeed very helpful and friendly, more so than in any other online games I've experienced. Does anyone fancy conjecturing why this is so? 
CCP does advertise on B-net.
|

Hopey
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 20:34:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Golden Helmet Welcome to the wide wide universe of Eve. Hope you like it here. Contact me in-game if you need advice, ships, equipment, stuff like that :)
i'll certainly bug you for advice at some point, but i try and be a pretty resourceful player so (unless you have an old trading ship that's taking up space that you're actually TRYING to get rid of) I'll keep my begging and scrounging to a minimum :)
hehe, ran home at lunch time to get 30 minutes ingame   
|

Evad jr
|
Posted - 2005.08.17 21:25:00 -
[13]
You will find these boards more helpful than most other MMORPGs.
Welcome to Eve. The first few months can get a little trying, but push through it and you will be rewarded....
|

Berilac
|
Posted - 2005.08.18 02:21:00 -
[14]
I think it's cause we all rock so hard.
|

Jastra
|
Posted - 2005.08.18 11:34:00 -
[15]
Well, I'd echo the first poster, huge gap between what I'm doing and understanding why or how, but I'm having a blast, my head hurts from being up till 1:30am trying to get through the tutorial.
A good friend wants me to play SWG, and found EVE whilst researching the game, I may have some bad news for them, I'm utterly smitten, it's like playing Elite all over again, I spent the first two days with that not having a clue what I was doing, geez, how long ago was that!!..LOL
Happy Days :)
Alik.
|

Zyyrus
|
Posted - 2005.08.18 13:34:00 -
[16]
i agree withu on that one Hopey, i've been in here for about 2 months now i think, loved it from the time i finished the tutorial (bit long and boring, but i understand that it is neccesary, im not complaining), finished up with my trail account, and went straight for subscription without a question, must say EVE is the best MMORPG i've played yet EH! |

Arthurion
|
Posted - 2005.08.18 15:35:00 -
[17]
Yup YUp Yup, Eve is a very (let's not say complicated) deep game, so there's alot to learn and you really start having massive fun once you're a 'specialist' in one profession. this can take a while, alot of time to make mistakes, to learn, to evolve.
don't give up, it's fun
|

Avida Dollars
|
Posted - 2005.08.23 15:48:00 -
[18]
Welcome buddy, I'm in the same boat as you, drowning in the sea of information we have to learn and become comfortable with. Good luck to ya and maybe I'll see you out there in deep space, doubt it though (way to large for a chance meeting)
|

Zeid Linegod
|
Posted - 2005.08.24 03:21:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Zeid Linegod on 24/08/2005 03:22:19
Originally by: Tricky Trixy Welcome to EVE, as you are already becomming aware you are now longer allowed a life as EVE is your life  Seriously this game will consume u, its far to adictive lol. Should be a damn warning when u download or buy the game hehe.
I'm new also. I'v played Final Fantasy 11 mostly before this. When you go to log on to Final Fantasy 11 you get this little warning that I will quote for everyone, with one minor edit: "A Word to Our Players Exploring EVE is a thrilling experience. Durning your time here, you will be able to talk, join, and adventure with many other individuals in an experience that is unique to online games.
That being said, we have no desire to see your real life suffer as a consequence. Don't forget your family, your friends, your school, or your work."
I think the same can be (and should be) said for EVE.
|

Pabs
|
Posted - 2005.08.24 08:57:00 -
[20]
Man I have only played for about 5 hours, and I "liked" the game. Then I was wondering is the cost per month really worth it, answer "maybe".
Then I start reading the player guide and OMG, researching, manufacturing this game seems endless, then I read about using "Escrow" so now I think I "Love" the game and the cost is "well worth it"!!
Sorry to hijack this thread, but its seems the right place.
|

Andarvi
|
Posted - 2005.08.24 11:17:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Pabs Man I have only played for about 5 hours, and I "liked" the game. Then I was wondering is the cost per month really worth it, answer "maybe".
Then I start reading the player guide and OMG, researching, manufacturing this game seems endless, then I read about using "Escrow" so now I think I "Love" the game and the cost is "well worth it"!!
Sorry to hijack this thread, but its seems the right place.
Just a warning here.. 'researching' is not something for a new player. And you'll need a good idea about how the EVE market works (not to mention the skills and a good starting capital) before you can make money with researching or production.
|

Jastra
|
Posted - 2005.08.24 11:22:00 -
[22]
Hehe, yeah, but it's just nice to get an idea of how it works, I bought a Gallente shuttle blueprint and popped a few out, just to see how it works, the cost was fairly negligable.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |