| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Audrea
|
Posted - 2005.08.30 10:53:00 -
[1]
I hope that for next patch the devs would add IRC addon which would allow me to connect to IRC servers such as efnet. it is nice way to spend the time while mining for example. I use mIRC a lot, and have psyBNC with lot of chans where I have a lot of things to do. If I could do it while being inside EVE, I wont have to switch windows all the time :) I hope the devs see the usefulness of this feature and add it :) it has to support ip, port, client side commands such as /nick etc and I hope also connection to SSL secure servers :) Would be nice it it will support mirc scripts too, but tahts too good to come true 
|

sonofollo
|
Posted - 2005.08.30 12:00:00 -
[2]
teamspeak ??? channel chat no need for IRC.
|

Audrea
|
Posted - 2005.08.30 16:07:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Audrea on 30/08/2005 16:13:38 I know what is Temaspeak and I use it sometimes, but it is by no means substitute to IRC!!! I have many friends who dont play EVE, and would really be nice to talk to them from within the game while mining, or en-route somewhere like 18 jumps away :)
EDIT: I also think its good idea because it would allow the addicts to stay in touch with the rest of the world 
And now that thinking of it, might be good idea if they could use the Skype SDK to integrate the ability to call and recieve call from friends :)
|

Audrea
|
Posted - 2005.08.31 11:34:00 -
[4]
bump :) I want devs to read it and note in their TODO list! Hehe
|

Agnar Koladrov
|
Posted - 2005.08.31 11:36:00 -
[5]
An ingame IRC service would indeed come in very handy. Having to switch to my console all the time is a pain in the butt. Yep nice idea 
|

Klaus Hauptmann
|
Posted - 2005.09.01 07:48:00 -
[6]
I fully sign that, as I'll find it tedious to have two chat systems open simultaneously (makes responding to calls for backup a problem, if you are just "idling" in a station).
What I would love more, is interoperability between IRC and EVE chat. Why not add a IRC frontend (after all, IRC supports authentication) so that you can connect to your corporation channel through IRC?
|

Arthurion
|
Posted - 2005.09.01 07:52:00 -
[7]
won't that be alot of dataload that floats through the CCP server making the lag bigger?
|

Audrea
|
Posted - 2005.09.03 01:03:00 -
[8]
It shouldnt increase dataload, beacuse people will be able to connect to their own irc servers such as efnet etc.. if anything, it would decrease dataload.
|

TuRtLe HeAd
|
Posted - 2005.09.03 07:56:00 -
[9]
Its simply not needed and Pointless, Its the same as having an EvE online Email ingame.
[email protected] ROFL
We have a multitude of chat windows ingame already and like the other person said, you have many other ways of using communicating. The Addition of IRC to EvE would acheive next to nothing.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |