| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Dray
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 06:33:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Hllaxiu
Originally by: j0sephine "but can it be done? has anyone done it(if so how)."
Yes, Devvon had recently encounter with a Deimos, to pretty much that effect.
warp core stabs kill you >>;
I see you're finding out something us Hydrans learned a long time ago, Klingons can't fly anything involving under range 8. 
Blast from the past, Star Fleet Battles ftw, and the Hydrans....
Gatling pulse ftw 
I picked up this ace book today everyone rates it as a must buy for the budding military genius, tho ive decided to rename it as "Sun Tzu's art of the bloody obvious" |

danneh
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 08:21:00 -
[32]
I killed a Eagle in my plated thorax.
|

Glassback
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 08:29:00 -
[33]
Thorax Setup.
An proved setup from Fight Club. This was a 1on1 fight, close range (it's up to you to make it that way) which he initiated.
2005.07.05 15:06:00
Victim: Super DreamMerchant Alliance: Unknown Corporation: Fight Club Co Destroyed Type: Sacrilege Solar System: PF-346 System Security Level: 0.0
Involved parties:
Name: Glassback (laid the final blow) Security Status: 3.4 Alliance: Unknown Corporation: Fight Club Co Ship Type: Ogre I Weapon Type: Ogre I
Destroyed items:
Type: Quad Modulated Light Energy Beam I (Fitted - High slot)
Type: Quad Modulated Light Energy Beam I (Fitted - High slot)
Type: Quad Modulated Light Energy Beam I (Fitted - High slot)
Type: 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher (Fitted - High slot)
Type: 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher (Fitted - High slot)
Type: Medium Peroxide I Capacitor Power Cell (Fitted - Medium slot)
Type: Small Capacitor Booster II (Fitted - Medium slot)
Type: Cap Booster 150 (Cargo) Quantity: 10
Type: Stalker F.O.F. Heavy Missile I (Fitted - High slot) Quantity: 24
Type: Stalker F.O.F. Heavy Missile I (Fitted - High slot) Quantity: 24
So, this is the setup for the Thorax that beat a HAC...Smile Highs 4xLight Neutron Blaster I 1xLight Electron Blaster I Meds 10nm Micro Warp Drive x5 Prot Webber Low Therm, Kin, Exp Hardeners 1600mm Nano Fibre Plate T2 Med Arm Rep.
8 Ogre Drones
Cheap as chips for me, pricy for him.
|

Silvitni
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 08:30:00 -
[34]
Yup, thorax can own a HAC, if proper fitted....
Know of 2 cases, where a thorax has killed a zealot and a vagabond
linky: http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=215330
|

Aeesha
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 10:37:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Glassback Thorax Setup. So, this is the setup for the Thorax that beat a HAC...Smile Highs 4xLight Neutron Blaster I 1xLight Electron Blaster I Meds 10nm Micro Warp Drive x5 Prot Webber Low Therm, Kin, Exp Hardeners 1600mm Nano Fibre Plate T2 Med Arm Rep.
8 Ogre Drones
Cheap as chips for me, pricy for him.
Any properly setup HAC will wipe the floor with that thorax-setup.
|

Maddi
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 10:43:00 -
[36]
Simple answer is yes. A plated rax can take down most ships that donŠt show great care vs it. I got a Vagabond down while I had 75% armor left but he had npc setup on so it doesnŠt really count. My corpmate took down a pvp vaga the next day in a rax without loosing too much armor. I had a close fight with a dual 1600mm plated rax but his setup wasnt really good cause he had to sacrifice too many lows for pg modules. The biggest issue in a rax vs hac is really your drones and fit, if you got drones that go for a low resistance on the hac then you got a good chance of beating them and vs hacs like deimos you can beat them pretty easy if you fly your ship right and got a good webber. So the bottom line is if you see a rax while in a hac or any ship for that matter you should really think about how you engage cause if he gets close you are in great danger of loosing your ship. I lub my suicidal rax
|

Randay
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 10:54:00 -
[37]
that sacrilege probably begged for death after being fitted that way. ------------------------------------------- "Det hőr kan betyda krig!" |

Aeesha
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 11:08:00 -
[38]
/agrees with randay
|

Tadis
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 11:34:00 -
[39]
The 1 v 1 where the Thorax beat the Deimos... kinda hard to say it was 1 v 1 as there was indeed a wing pilot. Also I noticed the Taranis (i think) was using a tracking disruptor, as was the thorax. The combined effect of these 2 x TD' would have severely spit roasted the Deimos.
Slightly unfair representation as a result.
But yes its still possible. I was very close to having a Cerberus in my Thorax the other day. And have beaten a Zealot pilot before (he lacked the all important med nos for some reason).
Thats why so many fly the thorax, for 1/10 the price of a deimos heh.
|

Eyeshadow
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 11:38:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Tadis The 1 v 1 where the Thorax beat the Deimos... kinda hard to say it was 1 v 1 as there was indeed a wing pilot. Also I noticed the Taranis (i think) was using a tracking disruptor, as was the thorax. The combined effect of these 2 x TD' would have severely spit roasted the Deimos.
Slightly unfair representation as a result.
But yes its still possible. I was very close to having a Cerberus in my Thorax the other day. And have beaten a Zealot pilot before (he lacked the all important med nos for some reason).
Thats why so many fly the thorax, for 1/10 the price of a deimos heh.
aye but a plated deimos will kick the crap out of a thorax 99% of the time
My Latest Vid: Linky |

Dash Ripcock
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 11:40:00 -
[41]
Of course you can, a Thorax armed with a pack of Bezerkers can cause a Deimos a lot of problems, especially if the Thorax has an enormous amount of armour to chew through and capacitor-draining weapons. People forget that the Deimos generally uses a lot of capacitor getting to its target and a lot killing it - the idea being that the target dies quickly enough that the Deimos doesn't drain its batteries.
If you can aim for the weakest part of a Deimos - its explosive resistance and its capacitor - then it is fair to assume that a Thorax can take down a Deimos. It's the same with any paper, scissors and stone strategies, know what you're up against and fit against it. That said in the majority of situations a Thorax will be fitted to carry out the same kind of attack that a Deimos does, and that usually results in a dead Thorax.
The Firing Range |

Masta Killa
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 11:45:00 -
[42]
I once saw a celes ferox mwd/ab really fast around Inflatable Teen's gankazealot and it almost killed him... We could barely believe how the f**k he did that  --------------------------------------
Hail Stian Allaince and the emperor who can't spell. ;]
|

Pandora Gilligan
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 12:02:00 -
[43]
wow this topic has taken off. to give a bit more detail on my problem, the guys i could well have to fight very soon are -5 or lower pirates so know what there doing and have the skills. the HACs that i've seen them in are and ishtar and an eagle. what do you think to my chances against these ships. i've also seen one in a raven any ideas how i could go about taking on that. p.s. i have 2 mill sp and not all of that is in useful skills
|

kessah
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 12:18:00 -
[44]
u wana beat a hac in a rax huh?
stick a racial jammer on
4 small nos 1 med nos, mwd, 1600mm plate or go 800 plate with more nossing power, ive beaten a munin with this. Tho i had his snipe spot bookmarked so when he warp to me he was like 3km from me.
--------------------------------------------------------
|

Tadis
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 12:20:00 -
[45]
Everyone always says use explosive on a Deimos... but every Deimos fits a explosive hardener... leaving what as the best dmg type against it? you got it, EM. 0% shield resist and 60% armour (similar to explosive). Praetors ftw against Deimos :) (yes very rarely you come up against a Deimos without a explosive hardener but I've yet to see a killmail of a Deimos pilot who didnt).
Note this is my personal opinion and is object to my rather redundant brain.
|

Chode Rizoum
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 12:35:00 -
[46]
rax sure is deadly...
Blastereagle vs Rax
Eagle vs Rax
Centuria > whoot? Centuria > you stalking me? :) -- Nafri > then I a bird pooed on my head AND ON MY MEAL -- http://www.subroc.net/teddybears/ |

Okoru
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 12:55:00 -
[47]
I remember seeing a video somewhere where a rax killed a zealot. I have no doubt in my mind that a properly set up rax could beat a bad HAC pilot. If the pilot was better, I might put my money on the HAC. (Can't fly them, fly the rax tho, <3 it)
-
P.S. Why is it that almost all rax's (mine included) feel compelled to fit a 1600mm plate?  --- What I say has nothing to do with my corp.
|

Jane Vladmir
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 13:01:00 -
[48]
Yes and pretty easily.
|

Crellion
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 13:36:00 -
[49]
Edited by: Crellion on 08/09/2005 13:38:36 Beware rail Eagle or even Moa with mwd. Faster than you usually due to your plate and faster than your Heavy drones. If he stays between 10-20kms long enough you are dead meat :| [Obviously if you come against rail Eagle at more than 30km range you ll mostly be fine cause you ll have a fair chance of warping out in time :) / DPS is not that high but if you add 2x Heavy explosive missles to the mix .... you dont want to be there]
|

MECHcore
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 13:39:00 -
[50]
some days ago i took a plated thorax down with my blastereagle ( med neutron T2 and maxed skills ) once in ma range it was down fast 
|

slothe
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 13:42:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Tadis Everyone always says use explosive on a Deimos... but every Deimos fits a explosive hardener... leaving what as the best dmg type against it? you got it, EM. 0% shield resist and 60% armour (similar to explosive). Praetors ftw against Deimos :) (yes very rarely you come up against a Deimos without a explosive hardener but I've yet to see a killmail of a Deimos pilot who didnt).
Note this is my personal opinion and is object to my rather redundant brain.
even with an explosive hardner on it explosive damage is still its weakpont, then em, then thermal.
|

TheMoog
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 13:47:00 -
[52]
Not only I tanked, but I killed a T2 fitted zealot in a full T1 fitted Thorax, with some help from 2-3 T1 frigs. From what I've seen, I could have killed it alone, he was fitted for gank, and as soon as he was webbed, it was over -> dronage !!
I won't give name here, but the zealot pilot was experience an knew how to fight, I was sure to die... which I did soon after, taken down by his Thorax wingman !  
I'd like to try it out again sometime, in a less stressful situation ! 
|

Tadis
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 14:05:00 -
[53]
Just a note to say not many deimos fit plates tbh, most prefering to just harden and gank the rest. So including shields, EM imo is still better over a explosive tanked deimos (due to 60% shield resist) :)
|

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 15:00:00 -
[54]
oh its possible ;)
2005.06.21 14:11:00
Destroyed Type: Muninn Solar System: 9RQ-L8 System Security Level: 0.0
Involved parties:
Name: Admiral IceBlock (laid the final blow) Security Status: 1.2 Alliance: Unknown Corporation: Northern Intelligence Ship Type: Thorax Weapon Type: Light Neutron Blaster II
Destroyed items:
Type: 10MN Afterburner II (Fitted - Medium slot)
Type: 425mm AutoCannon II (Fitted - High slot)
Type: Standard Missile Launcher I (Fitted - High slot)
Type: Hobgoblin I (Drone Bay) Quantity: 2
Type: 425mm AutoCannon II (Fitted - High slot)
Type: 425mm AutoCannon II (Fitted - High slot)
Type: EMP M (Cargo) Quantity: 1294
Type: Defender I (Cargo) Quantity: 272
Type: Power Diagnostic System II (Fitted - Low slot)
Type: Power Diagnostic System II (Fitted - Low slot)
Type: Reactor Control Unit II (Fitted - Low slot)
Type: Standard Missile Launcher I (Fitted - High slot)
Type: Heavy Afocal Pulse Maser I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Stasis Webifier I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Explosion Dampening Field I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: J5b Phased Prototype Warp Inhibitor I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Medium Shield Booster I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Medium Nosferatu I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Type-E Power Core Modification: Shield Power Relay (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Heat Sink I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Medium Armor Repairer I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Explosion Dampening Amplifier I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Medium Energy Neutralizer I (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: Monopropellant I Hydrazine Boosters (Cargo) Quantity: 1
Type: EMP M (Fitted - High slot) Quantity: 2
Type: EMP M (Fitted - High slot) Quantity: 3
Type: EMP M (Fitted - High slot) Quantity: 3
"We brake for nobody"
|

Dirtball
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 15:01:00 -
[55]
I almost took out a wolf with a griffin once, trouble was I only have 1 minmatar jammer so I had to fit up a minmatar and 2 others, which prevented me from putting both a web and scrambler on which allowed him to get away.
I don't have a moral of this story, just that target jamming is funny cause it's so lame. --- I agree with everything Howard Dean says. |

Dave Tehsulei
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 16:09:00 -
[56]
Quote: Hardly "pwned", he almost had you, and it wasn't 1v1, you had an inty with you by looks of it, and say it is a taranis, they kick out alot of damage.
actually it was a crow kicking out next to no damage, any time a t1 ship beats its t2 eqiuvalent the t2 ship pilot is pwned in my opinion :p
|

Eyeshadow
|
Posted - 2005.09.08 16:09:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Tadis Just a note to say not many deimos fit plates tbh, most prefering to just harden and gank the rest. So including shields, EM imo is still better over a explosive tanked deimos (due to 60% shield resist) :)
iirc praetors do crap damage compared to beserkers. Ive never liked using praetors much and steer clear of them on my ishtar completely. Beserkers are just much much better in PVP in my experience
My Latest Vid: Linky |

Alias Eldritch
|
Posted - 2005.09.09 11:49:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Dave Tehsulei it can be done
helps to know what your up against tho
rax vs deimos
To be honest though this is not a true reflection of a rax takin down a HAC as the rax is aided by his buddy nossing and using missiles on the deimos in question which null and voids the topic question which is can a rax take down HAC's
|

R'adeh
|
Posted - 2005.09.09 13:40:00 -
[59]
I had an interesting fight against Purvy's Zealot during the last MC war. Unfortunately I lost, but it was close. Just don't be as stupid as me and move further away from him than 5-10k. If you bump him and keep him webbed you have a pretty good chance with the help of 8 heavy drones.
The new "adv. weapon upgrades" allows you to fit 3 active hardeners to further improve your 1600mm plate tank. Anyway, in my experience you still need lots of luck to beat a good HAC pilot. Oh, and stay the hell away from Ishtars, you will lose!! Infact, the Ishtar is the scariest ship imo...tanks like a mofo, NOS'es you and most probably jams you while drones make you go "poof" really fast...
In general though, the Rax is a very good ship to take on "bigger" targets

|

Cividari
|
Posted - 2005.09.09 14:51:00 -
[60]
Ive fought a Deimos on the test server, we both hit structure at the same time, but because Deimos' are kinda hard to come by i stopped shooting and pulled back my drones and got blown up. Only HAS a thorax shouldnt have any chance in hell against is the Ishtar and it is imho the real t2 rax and the deimos is more like a t2 Vigilant.
Wanted for crimes against a rich guy. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |