| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Pesky LaRue
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 00:29:00 -
[31]
the game costs you like 50 cents per day - and you want to be compensated for a little bit of downtime? Pesky LaRue Minmatar Messiah Bringing Salvation To Your System Soon! ++ PRAY FOR PESKY ++ |

Felio
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 00:41:00 -
[32]
Originally by: M0RIARTY I was going to reply by asking the question, "do you have any idea of how complex it is to run a cluster the size of CCP's" But I just can't be arsed, I just have this advice, go buy a life or borrow one from someone ;-)
He can borrow mine, I don't use it.
|

Jaabaa Prime
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 01:01:00 -
[33]
If you have nothing else to do for 4 hours waiting for the server to come up ....
You forget that the server is often up after about 30 minutes, so when that happens, thats 30 minutes where they improve on their planned availability.
So after 8 days of what has now almost become normal service they can afford a 4 hour downtime and still be in plan. 
Every now and again something goes wrong, and TBH it's not as though it's daily or even weekly.
Get over it. -- Intergalactic Teeth Pullers "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein |

Khatred
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 01:23:00 -
[34]
I want to be reimbursed for the time I spend sleeping. I mean come on, I can't do anything while I sleep so if my life expectancy is around 70 years, since I sleep one third, I demand to be reimbursed 21 years when I am 70 years old
________________________________________________ The narrow minded and selfish people posting on EO forums made me bitter |

Summersnow
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 05:03:00 -
[35]
Originally by: jbob2000 Please, it was like 3 or 4 hours. On EST that like from 7 in the morning to 11 in the morning. Who the hell gets up that early?
I was actually up that early trying to start a new skill training.
I lost two hours training time because of the outage.
Now, that doesn't in and of it self bother me, the fact that CCP has never bothered to program any sort of training que that would have prevented it from hapening as well as saving me and I am sure a lot of other players a lot of grief trying to fit training end times around a real life work schedule does bother me.
Furthermore while CCP is patting themselves on the back over there 15K simultaneous online ( a number that would make any other MMOLG fold in embarasment ) they fail to mention how often the server is downright unplayable and offer nothing short of a too bad soo sad come back so we can screw you again policy when you lose ships or implants because of there servers inability to meet the demands placed upon it.
Furthermore, because CCP can't meet the demand they keep removing content and dumbing down the visuals to lighten the load on the comodore vic 20's they got running the game giving us a cheaper game experience.
I hate to say it but its time they reward the player base for that magic 15K they wanted and look at some serious performance upgrades and reintroduction of the bells and whistles.
|

Huppa Man
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 06:32:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Huppa Man on 12/09/2005 06:31:35
Originally by: Summersnow Furthermore, because CCP can't meet the demand they keep removing content and dumbing down the visuals to lighten the load on the comodore vic 20's they got running the game giving us a cheaper game experience.
Sorry but you have lost me - which game are you playing?
|

Idio T
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 07:25:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Summersnow Furthermore while CCP is patting themselves on the back over there 15K simultaneous online ( a number that would make any other MMOLG fold in embarasment ) they fail to mention how often the server is downright unplayable and offer nothing short of a too bad soo sad come back so we can screw you again policy when you lose ships or implants because of there servers inability to meet the demands placed upon it.
This is one overly dramatic mangina.
. Frigate about it! |

Kinsy
|
Posted - 2005.09.12 10:00:00 -
[38]
7-11 EST is 12-5 BST. Prime gaming time on a sunday.
Remember, if you can't log in, theres always the test server...had enourmous fun yesterday as part of a 10-man frig squad ganking BSes in FFA arena.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |