| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Garresh
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
110
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:45:00 -
[1] - Quote
I have a hypothetical idea/food for thought. What if security status was only lost for shooting people in highsec, but kill rights were still given in lowsec? Honestly, nobody goes to lowsec to PvE, and a lot of others looking for PvP may not be able to go to lowsec that often due to the security status penalties. If this were changed, more people would go shooting in lowsec because they wouldn't have to grind up sec status again, while at the same time it would have no impact on highsec. Probably a stupid idea, but I was wondering what the average player thinks. This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
3166
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:47:00 -
[2] - Quote
I didnt realize there was a lack of being being shot in lowsec. Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings? |

Garresh
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
110
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:49:00 -
[3] - Quote
Hardly a lack, but I think it might drive more bears into lowsec to try PvP if they feel like they won't be penalized for it. Honestly, the entire idea of sec status loss for shooting people in lowsec seems kind of outdated anyways. Loss of sec status has no effect on lowsec, and low and high are two very different beasts anyways. This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Destination SkillQueue
Are We There Yet
4819
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:51:00 -
[4] - Quote
I go to lowsec for PvE. I have to because risk vs reward thingy and I've never noticed a lack of people trying to kill me. People so worried about sec status loss should go to wormholes or nullsec instead. |

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
314
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:52:00 -
[5] - Quote
"Honestly, nobody goes to lowsec to PvE"
YOU FAIL |

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
314
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:53:00 -
[6] - Quote
also, if bears want to go to lowsec and practice pvp, all they have to do is shoot the pirates. there is no shortage of us.
not to mention the sec loss for pvp in lowsec is insignificant, just don't pod and go kill a few rats on your way out, tou'll be fine. |

Daimon Kaiera
222
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:55:00 -
[7] - Quote
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:I didnt realize there was a lack of being being shot in lowsec.
You haven't seen me when I go to low-sec. Here by talk start if go able? |

Garresh
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
110
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:56:00 -
[8] - Quote
Chandaris wrote:"Honestly, nobody goes to lowsec to PvE"
YOU FAIL
Lol, I fail? 100% of my income is lowsec. I haven't been shot at in months. I can count on 1 hand the number of PvE ships I've lost, and I've been around for almost 4 years. When I go into FW territory it's a clusterfuck and people are shooting left and right, but that's the warzone. The rest of lowsec is very quiet in my experience. This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
1297
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 18:57:00 -
[9] - Quote
Yes. With or without the kill rights bit.
E: Podding should still cause sec loss in low though. Don't Vote for Malcanis
New Eden Training Simulation. -áIdea to improve NPE. |

Garresh
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
110
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 19:10:00 -
[10] - Quote
Brooks Puuntai wrote:Yes. With or without the kill rights bit.
E: Podding should still cause sec loss in low though.
I get get behind podding still resulting in sec loss. Anyways, guess I'm the only lowsec dweller who feels like sec status penalties in lowsec are silly. This Space Intentionally Left Blank |

Johan Civire
Dirty Curse inc.
583
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 19:20:00 -
[11] - Quote

Chandaris wrote:"Honestly  , nobody goes to lowsec to PvE  " YOU FAIL 
Here I fixs it for you. |

ErrorRon
The Drunken Empire Fatal Ascension
42
|
Posted - 2013.04.18 19:41:00 -
[12] - Quote
Garresh wrote:Hardly a lack, but I think it might drive more bears into lowsec to try PvP if they feel like they won't be penalized for it. Honestly, the entire idea of sec status loss for shooting people in lowsec seems kind of outdated anyways. Loss of sec status has no effect on lowsec, and low and high are two very different beasts anyways.
Loss of sec status has an effect in lowsec. You can freely engage pirates on gates without taking gateguns. That's a pretty big effect in terms of engagements in lowsec.  |

Captain Tardbar
NEWB ALERT
289
|
Posted - 2013.04.19 01:46:00 -
[13] - Quote
Garresh wrote:Hardly a lack, but I think it might drive more bears into lowsec to try PvP if they feel like they won't be penalized for it. Honestly, the entire idea of sec status loss for shooting people in lowsec seems kind of outdated anyways. Loss of sec status has no effect on lowsec, and low and high are two very different beasts anyways.
On occasion I will poke around in null sec but its a lot more empty then low and people call their friends most of the time.
So mostly I ninja Goon's belt rats and sit clocked afk and watch the friendly local chat at the gate bubble camp.
What I am trying to say Null offers that no sec loss.
Yet we don't see a lot of bears there (other than the people mad for being afk cloaked). "Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I hate the way you play and it makes me cry like a baby". If you fantasize about being immoral it means you enjoy being immoral deep down. |

Bi-Mi Lansatha
Tactical Universal Research and Development Caldari Industrialist Association
89
|
Posted - 2013.04.19 06:30:00 -
[14] - Quote
Destination SkillQueue wrote:I go to lowsec for PvE. I have to because risk vs reward thingy and I've never noticed a lack of people trying to kill me. People so worried about sec status loss should go to wormholes or nullsec instead. I am interested. I am training up a toon to fly T1 frigates for L1s in lowsec.
I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas,... or just your experience.
Thank you
|

Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
126
|
Posted - 2013.04.19 08:51:00 -
[15] - Quote
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:Destination SkillQueue wrote:I go to lowsec for PvE. I have to because risk vs reward thingy and I've never noticed a lack of people trying to kill me. People so worried about sec status loss should go to wormholes or nullsec instead. I am interested. I am training up a toon to fly T1 frigates for L1s in lowsec. I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas,... or just your experience. Thank you
What sort of missions are you looking at? There's a huge difference between FW missions and Empire agent missions.
If you're going to operate outside of the FW zones you will find most of losec pretty quiet but you will need to pay very close attention to local and d-scan all the time. |

Bi-Mi Lansatha
Tactical Universal Research and Development Caldari Industrialist Association
89
|
Posted - 2013.04.19 09:10:00 -
[16] - Quote
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
What sort of missions are you looking at? There's a huge difference between FW missions and Empire agent missions.
If you're going to operate outside of the FW zones you will find most of losec pretty quiet but you will need to pay very close attention to local and d-scan all the time.
Empire agents. I do PI in and travel through lowsec, but I move quick. Running missions would forcement into a different game style.
I am training up for a Slasher A/C... considerable different combat system than what I am use to. I plan on doing my best... and losing lots of ships and see where it goes.
|

March rabbit
epTa Team Inc.
634
|
Posted - 2013.04.19 10:08:00 -
[17] - Quote
well. for me SS is the most argument against attacking non-targets (neutrals). I hate to lose it and grind again because it's my style of Eve Online: be able to visit all the space and not ban me from some areas.
So i would be happy with removing SS penalty in low-sec. |

Old Fellow
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2013.04.19 11:46:00 -
[18] - Quote
Garresh wrote:I have a hypothetical idea/food for thought. What if security status was only lost for shooting people in highsec, but kill rights were still given in lowsec? Honestly, nobody goes to lowsec to PvE, and a lot of others looking for PvP may not be able to go to lowsec that often due to the security status penalties. If this were changed, more people would go shooting in lowsec because they wouldn't have to grind up sec status again, while at the same time it would have no impact on highsec. Probably a stupid idea, but I was wondering what the average player thinks.
I dont think this would change much, kill rights are only given for podding people, so this would make piracy in lowsec have no detriments. I would rather it stay as it is. |

Destination SkillQueue
Are We There Yet
4820
|
Posted - 2013.04.19 12:32:00 -
[19] - Quote
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:Destination SkillQueue wrote:I go to lowsec for PvE. I have to because risk vs reward thingy and I've never noticed a lack of people trying to kill me. People so worried about sec status loss should go to wormholes or nullsec instead. I am interested. I am training up a toon to fly T1 frigates for L1s in lowsec. I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas,... or just your experience. Thank you Don't fly missions anywhere, if you can help it. It's not a specially good source of income and won't teach you anything but bad habbits. It also gets extremely tedious very fast. I'd seriously rather have my balls nailed to a burning log then do missions at this point. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |