| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Rodge
|
Posted - 2005.09.27 11:14:00 -
[31]
LOL, nice story!
And I thought Whispere was the unluckiest pirate in the game 
[ 2005.04.17 00:34:30 ] Nagilam > u better leave Rodge, u will not gank any1 else 2nite......
|

Lifewire
|
Posted - 2005.09.27 13:42:00 -
[32]
Quote: 3xTaranis 1xThorax 1xBlackbird 1xIncursus 1xKestrel 1xTristan
Keep working! I lost at least...
20 battleships 10 battlecruises 50 cruisers 100 interceptors 30 frigates 10 pods
...in 2 years of EVE. **** happens...as long you can cover the losses with the loot, everything is fine.
Try a Teddybear spawn or the Teddybear complexes in Pure Blind, Syndicate or empire. |

Mardonius
|
Posted - 2005.09.27 18:09:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Mardonius on 27/09/2005 18:12:37 Edited by: Mardonius on 27/09/2005 18:12:23
Originally by: Lifewire
Quote: 3xTaranis 1xThorax 1xBlackbird 1xIncursus 1xKestrel 1xTristan
Keep working! I lost at least...
20 battleships 10 battlecruises 50 cruisers 100 interceptors 30 frigates 10 pods
...in 2 years of EVE. **** happens...as long you can cover the losses with the loot, everything is fine.
Before that, I had lost
2xDominix 5xThorax 3xBlackbird
But that was covered by my winnings. The stuff I listed earlier was pure losses. But I'm sure I'll hit a good patch and someday find an afk hauler full of local expanders and be back on my feet soon enough.
EDIT: 100 Interceptors!!!  |

Lifewire
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 09:54:00 -
[34]
100 interceptors - minimum! Nearly all lost in 0.0.
Tackling the prey is a dangerous job, especially if your gangmates arent there yet and you have to keep the prey nailed for 1 or 2 minutes.
But on long term it will pay! Sooner or later you nail somebody with a good BPO or Zydrine in his hold. Since you control the combat and decide when it happens, pick your targets wisely. If you have a lot of cash, go aggro whenever you want. If you are low on ISK, reduce risks and take easy prey until you earned some cash.
As long you are not -5.0 you can make ISK very very easy: wait at a 0.4 gate in BS and when an indy jumps in, toast it. Once you get past -5.0 you can be attacked and your risk to get killed increases extreme! At this point you need really good tactics to make farming safe. Teamwork reduces risks. And teamwork offers you new options - for example to gank battleships in 0.4 at a gate which you cannot do alone, since setryguns will hurt you very much.
Try a Teddybear spawn or the Teddybear complexes in Pure Blind, Syndicate or empire. |

Fredbob
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 10:56:00 -
[35]
Lol nice lil story  ___________ ~Fredbob~
|

Goberth Ludwig
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 11:06:00 -
[36]
Mmm everyone knows solo pvp is a major isksink (personally i lost 2x arma and 1x scorp the last week alone) what I can suggest, as others said, is going for cheaper ships... cruisers, frigs... destroyers and even battlecruisers if u can find a setup that suits you :)
- Gob (also known as Admiral Goberius) |

Mardonius
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 17:34:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Lifewire As long you are not -5.0 you can make ISK very very easy: wait at a 0.4 gate in BS and when an indy jumps in, toast it. Once you get past -5.0 you can be attacked and your risk to get killed increases extreme! At this point you need really good tactics to make farming safe. Teamwork reduces risks. And teamwork offers you new options - for example to gank battleships in 0.4 at a gate which you cannot do alone, since setryguns will hurt you very much.
Yeah I used to do short range camps in my Dominix and prey on haulers. 3xSensor Boosters and a Warp Disruptor did the trick. If I had a gang mate only he'd be scouting the other side with a hauler.
The one time I ganked a hauler with local expanders I was solo and some douche took them before my hauler alt arrived and started lecturing me on how to be ruthless. 
A few days later I got instaganked by KR0M. I don't use a Dominix anymore. But close range camping a gate when you're -6.1 is retarded and I deserved to get ganked for that. |

Christopher Multsanti
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 17:40:00 -
[38]
I have to agree with previous comments in this post.
Taking very risky chances is fun and makes you a better pvp'er.
I personally know I could lose a lot less ships if I only engaged when I was garunteed a victory, but there is no fun in that and you don't learn anything.
All I can say is dont give up, an if your looking for a pvp corp, drop us a line.
Thorax FTW! |

Rasta Rocketman
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 18:52:00 -
[39]
oh yea, one more very important piece of advice.
When you get a good kill and some nice loot, always always always drop it off as soon as possible in a station, lest you forget you have it and lose your ship with the goodies inside.
I can't even count how many times, in my lust for blood, I got blown up with a cargo hold full of goodies I picked up from pirating. _______________________________________________
|

Dr jekyII
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 19:03:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Mesiah Scuro Patience it is a pirates best virtue (along with being able to yell 'yarr!' really loudly). If you think you won't win, don't fight. Piracy isn't about honor or bravery, it's about making as much money as possible.
Be patient, use the scanner, and only attack when you know you'll win.
sums it up for me !YARR ..ROW' ROW' U DOGS!!! my dad will beat up both ya dads |

Goberth Ludwig
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 22:02:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Mesiah Scuro Patience it is a pirates best virtue (along with being able to yell 'yarr!' really loudly). If you think you won't win, don't fight. Piracy isn't about honor or bravery, it's about making as much money as possible.
Be patient, use the scanner, and only attack when you know you'll win.
then u will never learn anything :S
- Gob (also known as Admiral Goberius) |

Panshin Bolo
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 23:41:00 -
[42]
Edited by: Panshin Bolo on 28/09/2005 23:41:50
Awesome read.
I remember a teddybear member say Zarquon Beeblebox lost BS after BS after BS and had a laugh about it afterwards, that's probably what lifewire meant by being twins. That should be the way to go for you Soul Queen, to just never give up.
|

Soul Queen
|
Posted - 2005.09.29 03:41:00 -
[43]
I would like to announce my retirement, from retirement.
Im back sweeping the belts but this time, as a proud member of MAFIA.
Unfortunatly, however, im underway (AGAIN!) and wont be able to log in untill the 15th.
YARRR!!
|

Razner Cerizo
|
Posted - 2005.09.29 05:07:00 -
[44]
Edited by: Razner Cerizo on 29/09/2005 05:11:25 Edited by: Razner Cerizo on 29/09/2005 05:09:58 Think youre bad?
My first fight, I locked an asteroid and was orbitting it for about 50 seconds before i started orbitting the target.
Managed to bumble my way straight into Unassociated Territory to pirate (It was closest place I saw on map...lol)
Ikvar challenged me to a duel, I accepted in a drunken haze, and then realized I wouldnt want to lose my implants and declined, which will surely get me hazed a lot on this forum for the next 4 years.
And to top it all off, IRL I managed to get my ass handed to me by a small 20 degree incline of mud.
Mud. Ffs.
edit - my loss count
Incursus x5 Rifter x 2 Vigil x 1 Rupture x2, one to sentries after killing a person in a caracal (I was experimenting with flagging, reading forums is the smart way, I do things the razner way) Maller x2, killed someone with a gank setup maller, only to have the belt NPCS eat me. The other one was me self destructing hoping to get AOE damage outside brutor treasury. Failure.
Getting Enyo tomorrow. Gimme a month or two and Ill be happily losing those in PvP, too.
>_<
Sure my monetary losses are like nothing compared to you, and I have gotten better. But man, the first few weeks are a doozy... Im off to a great "ship loss count" start, though. :D The kills far outweight the losses though. So much damned fun. Piracy ftw

|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |