| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Ticondrius
|
Posted - 2005.09.27 23:34:00 -
[1]
We broke the 16K player barrier this last Sunday...where's the offical announcement and count?
|

JarmenKell
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 01:31:00 -
[2]
was just woundering, its been over 24 hours, without an announcment,
i guese none of the eve staff were around,
|

Reiisha
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 03:31:00 -
[3]
Oveur or Kieron posted at the 15k that 'the next milestone will be 20k'. Or something like that.
Personally, i'd agree with not posting at every 1k increase.... 20k, 25k, 50k, 100k, etc.
Save Darwinia! |

Ticondrius
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 03:39:00 -
[4]
It used to be that the new record was posted every time it was broken. Many consecutive record breaking weeks were considered to be massive growth periods for EVE. Since Earth and Beyond shut down early last year, EVE hasn't experienced such an insane growth period.
I can only guess that the increase is due to the massive ad campaign CCP's running coupled with WoW players getting bored. As well as more people talking to more people about EVE...
|

Magnum III
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 04:39:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Ticondrius It used to be that the new record was posted every time it was broken. Many consecutive record breaking weeks were considered to be massive growth periods for EVE. Since Earth and Beyond shut down early last year, EVE hasn't experienced such an insane growth period.
I can only guess that the increase is due to the massive ad campaign CCP's running coupled with WoW players getting bored. As well as more people talking to more people about EVE...
Almost :) except I am a bored CoH player :) And CoH is so much better then WoW, I would think people who like WoW would love CoH.
But I am not getting bored of EVE, nope not at all.
So I think they will go to WoW then CoH then EVE and then stay here.
|

The Enslaver
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 06:28:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Ticondrius Since Earth and Beyond shut down early last year, EVE hasn't experienced such an insane growth period.
EVE has never seen such an insane growth period as the past month. Not even when EnB shut down. --------
FireFoxx80: If you think you can do a better job, go find yourself a datacentre to host a box, get a copy of Visual Studio, and STFU. |

Dimitri Chandler
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 06:31:00 -
[7]
I blame the video.
--------------------------------------------------
|

Necrologic
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 06:35:00 -
[8]
Everybody knows it's because of Istvaan!
|

CelticKnight
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 06:38:00 -
[9]
I havent stopped talking about EvE to all my mates since i got it 3 mnths ago :) 1 signed up another bought 2 accounts i went and got a second account...
everyone who used to love flying games is getting involved! Freelancer crawled away and died, (was reaally BIG here once..) CS:S kinda fell over..
Everyone loves EvE because of the fantastic job CCP is doing! :) Lovin the new content.. and its aparently just getting bigger....
Originally by: Oveur I can make 100 Trillion ISK with a single click.
|

Dimitri Chandler
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 06:41:00 -
[10]
crash that, I now blame Celtic --------------------------------------------------
|

sonofollo
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 08:59:00 -
[11]
various factors and publicity have created an exponential curve on eve lets just hope CCP move quickly to keep up with the growth. Esp on the hardware side of things
|

Ander
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 09:43:00 -
[12]
At least I know I've brought a few ebil pyr8's to this game :)
People have been complimenting me for the site I coordinate which brought them to the game. 10-20ppl so far since june.
http://www.eve-pirate.com |

Koopy
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 11:59:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Koopy on 28/09/2005 11:59:42 I don't know about the other players on at the time but I couldn't bare the lag, I couldn't even get out of the system it was that bad. So I just had to log off and do something else. If we keep getting 16k ppl on at once everyoneÆs going to get real sick of the lag REAL quick.
|

Dianabolic
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 12:05:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Koopy Edited by: Koopy on 28/09/2005 11:59:42 I don't know about the other players on at the time but I couldn't bare the lag, I couldn't even get out of the system it was that bad. So I just had to log off and do something else. If we keep getting 16k ppl on at once everyoneÆs going to get real sick of the lag REAL quick.
Read the 64bit dev blog?
|

Kathleen
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 12:14:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Kathleen on 28/09/2005 12:21:55
Ok so they don't want to announce every time the record breaks?
Perhaps a weekly "counter" could be placed on the main page and show the currect record each week then?
Personally I belive that this type of information increases moral and userbase interest, its exciting to see EVE grow like this and not everyone reads the forums to find out about these rapid changes 
If I came to this website knowing nothing about EVE and saw a counter stating that the game had 16k active users on a the same time; That alone would motivate me to check out the game. Why? Simply because its never been done before in any MMORPG, so there must be something special to EVE 
Users can only speculate about the new records, only CCP has the actual logs, to quote an unknown author "How will they know if we don't tell them?"
|

Azuriel Talloth
|
Posted - 2005.09.28 12:23:00 -
[16]
I think it's the video. Gave out some 14 day trial keys after posting it on another game forum.
"Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated." |
|

kieron

|
Posted - 2005.09.28 12:29:00 -
[17]
Yes, the old record was beaten once again, 16,153 accounts were logged in Sunday evening. Will this trend continue? We at CCP certainly hope so.
We are going to cut back on announcing each and every record broken. The run to 15k users was a big one. The next one will be 20k users. We might throw out a couple news items between 15k and 20k, but we don't want to go overboard. If we announce a new record every time it happens, even if it is an increase of 5 users and the news will become old very quickly and lose its effectiveness.
Oveur or I will make forum announcements when the record is broken again, but don't expect a big news item.
kieron Community Manager, EVE Online
|
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |