| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Troezar
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 22:38:00 -
[1]
Just watching this on E4 (in the UK) very funny clips of the stuff I remember as a kid.
Classics like The Jungle Book but weirder stuff like Bod and The Magic Roundabout and Ivor the Engine. Remember Secret Squirrel?
What are your favourites? (this will show you age )
|

Trura Krokar
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:07:00 -
[2]
Well, I enjoy Robotech. Haha, yes I know you mean traditional cartoons from america but they never really caught me because it seemed like they had no plot whatsoever. It was just random episodes.
But I will say I remember Transformers: Beast Wars and loved watching that, lol.
|

Troezar
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:13:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Troezar on 08/10/2005 23:13:20 Thundercats, I'm sure that was Japanese or similar. Some of the far eastern stuff was cool but a bit odd at times
Btw the top 100 can be found Linkage
|

MonkeyDrummer
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:22:00 -
[4]
Bod was and still is a fav of mine and my kids love it now Mr ben was also really cool
|

Edidid
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:24:00 -
[5]
Voltron, that Ewok cartoon (forgot name), and Dungeons and Dragons...the entire season they were trapped inthe sewer maze (good memory i guess, didn't even remember that until i read the first post o.0 ).
|

Valisk
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:26:00 -
[6]
CLOPPER CASTLE FTW!!
DAB Eve Division |

Oxymoronic
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:28:00 -
[7]
GUMMIE BEARS   
|

H0ot
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:31:00 -
[8]
Fraggle Rock
and
Bill And Ben the Flowerpot Men
|

Troezar
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:40:00 -
[9]
Clopper Castle, where the hell did you drag that from?! I can barely remember the name! *scoots off to Google it*
As it also covers animated stuff, I loved the Clangers, used to call school puddings Clanger planet Oh and Charlton and the Wheelies "Ello little lady" bet that brings a few memories back
|

Artemis Drake
|
Posted - 2005.10.08 23:49:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Troezar Edited by: Troezar on 08/10/2005 23:13:20 Thundercats, I'm sure that was Japanese or similar. Some of the far eastern stuff was cool but a bit odd at times
Btw the top 100 can be found Linkage
HO! Thundercats are the best 
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 01:44:00 -
[11]
Nothing, ever, will be Roadrunner as a plain old classic cartoon.
And you can't put any modern anime in the "cartoon" category. Generally its not silly enough, and not the right style. -- Proud member of the [23].
|

Wendat Huron
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 02:16:00 -
[12]
That french one which started in the stone age and had the same basic archetypes well into the settling of the stars, entertaining and sometimes educational.
Anyone for the name?
|

gizli
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 03:08:00 -
[13]
i watched carebears, seriously,
but best movie today is Ice Age :p i prolly watched lion king a coupple of hundred times thou....
-------------------------
Mwahahahahahahhahah!
_____ (\_/) | ___|-(-.-)- - |_| Damn rabbit
|

Sevarus James
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 03:09:00 -
[14]
Edited by: Sevarus James on 09/10/2005 03:11:01 The best 'cartoon'. different of course then anime'.
There is only ONE cartoon that is tops............Anything from the old school "looneytoons" from Warnerbrothers.
That includes all of yosemite sam's bits, The Roadrunner and of COURSE Wiley E. Coyote.
"Just don't say Sylvester"........"budicannotsay Sylvethter, George!" -paraphrased from childhood memory.
 "No power in the 'verse can stop us now!" |

Omber Zombie
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 03:33:00 -
[15]
Duckman, Futurama, Family Guy, Danger Mouse, Inspector Gadget, Astro Boy (the original, not the new one), there is a lot more. -----------
blog |

kessah
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 04:08:00 -
[16]
south park, the contraversy is diamond. --------------------------------------------------------
|

Mimiru
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 05:34:00 -
[17]
Clerks: The Animated Series 4tw.
I want mim and I want it now |

xecutey
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 06:35:00 -
[18]
mine when i was young is "mr ben" and also "button moon", finally "james and his magic torch. Also "thundercats" and "ghostbusters" i liked when in high school and really should not of been watching them at that age.
|

Admiral Keyes
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 06:42:00 -
[19]
Originally by: H0ot Fraggle Rock
and
Bill And Ben the Flowerpot Men
The good ole days 
|

ThaMa Gebir
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 06:44:00 -
[20]
OMG I cant believe someone has asked this but here goes:
1, Jayce and the wheeled warriors. c.a. 1985-1989
2, Sharkie and george <-- classic
3, Cities of gold (the one with a gloden condor a few kids used to fly around in all controlled by a gold medallion iirc) long time since I've seen it. Approx 15 years. 
4, Hmmm Gummi bears and others I cant remember right now.

|

Valisk
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 09:34:00 -
[21]
Originally by: ThaMa Gebir
1, Jayce and the wheeled warriors. c.a. 1985-1989
Oh wow! I used to love that show. Thanks for reminding me! 
DAB Eve Division |

DarK
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 10:23:00 -
[22]
Originally by: ThaMa Gebir
OMG I cant believe someone has asked this but here goes:
1, Jayce and the wheeled warriors. c.a. 1985-1989
2, Sharkie and george <-- classic
3, Cities of gold (the one with a gloden condor a few kids used to fly around in all controlled by a gold medallion iirc) long time since I've seen it. Approx 15 years. 
4, Hmmm Gummi bears and others I cant remember right now.

I have to agree with this post.
Jayce and the wheeled warriors Thundercats Cities of gold
Also a huge fan of the 90's marvel cartoons(in particular silver surfer, spiderman, x-men)
Phantom 2040 was a good show, despite being on only for a short time.
Used to watch ulyses 31 too, and a bunch of other I've forgotten.
Makes me cry when people my age (20) dont know these shows! So uncultured:\
|

Nero Scuro
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 10:42:00 -
[23]
Roger Ramjet. Hehe, I loved that thing.
But yeah, Duckman, Southpark and ANYTHING by Tex Avery (or looney toons in general). _________
|

Star Commander
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 11:28:00 -
[24]
Trap Door, Count Duckula, Chorlton and the Wheelies, Jamie and the Magic Torch, plus any Looney Tunes cartoons 
|

Dray
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 11:58:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Dray on 09/10/2005 11:58:29 Clangers ftw, number one program for me when i was a kid, according to my mother i use scream blue murder because she couldnt get me one of the little scooters they used to drag the pot to the soup dragons gaff. Undoubtly my best memory of tv as a kid, plus they are good backup in a knife fight.
|

Magic Trev
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 12:28:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Magic Trev on 09/10/2005 12:28:56
Quote: 94. Qu33r Duck
wtf was that and why havent i seen it!? 
Originally by: Eris Discordia Size doesn't matter, it's what you do with it?
|

Deadeye Dave
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 14:22:00 -
[27]
Family Guy 4TW, can't wait till we get season 4 here in the UK.
|

MrFuji
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 17:06:00 -
[28]
Edited by: MrFuji on 09/10/2005 17:06:59 hehe, Ullysses 31 was kewl (from what i remember), so was Samurai Pizza Cats! Awesome....
|

KingsGambit
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 17:26:00 -
[29]
I only caught the last 25 but my family taped it so I fast forwarded through some of the others. I was disappointed with a lot of the results, but glad to see "The Simpsons" deservedly get the No.1 slot. No animated show has come near to it's 16 year reign, and it's still going strong. Homer is probably one TVs greatest characters.
I thought Ren & Stimpy and South Park being so high was laughable, I doubt they'd even be in my Top Animated Anything list, though admittedly the latter was financially succesful at least. Scooby Doo should have been higher just because, and so should the Looney Tunes.
My favs from childhood were He-Man, Thundercats, Dungeons & Dragons, Cities of Gold, Dogtanian and Danger Mouse. Glad to see them all get a good mention! It inspired me to get the D&D DVD box set from play.com at 1am last night! I already have all 6 He Man DVDs but can't find the others  -------------
|

Kaeten
|
Posted - 2005.10.09 17:42:00 -
[30]
only cartoons I watch are Simpsons and Futerama
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |