| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

CDLPeacemaker
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 04:54:00 -
[1]
Edited by: CDLPeacemaker on 18/10/2005 04:56:24 I think its about time CCP acctualy labled broken modules broken in game. I got a shiny new Manticore the other day and I was looking at lock time at an inty that I had ejected from in a safe. Well crap... too low. It was like 10+ seconds. Oh I know! Ill use an auto targeter I think to my self! Perfect. It will knock it down to 5 seconds on everything. Not insta lock but its better than 10 seconds and I Wont have to devote 3 of my 4 medium slots to sensor boosters!
Fast forward to the next morning. Ive got my manticore all setup and ready. So I head for the nearest .4 space to see what It can do to some pirates. I warp to a 4/10 complex gate and start waiting. In warps a wolf with a 5m bounty. I use my auto targeter and nothing. Well crap. Now im in trouble.... so I cloak. Maybe it was a fluke I think. Maybe he didnt declerate from warp all the way. Well he saw me and was heading right for me. Im still going too slow to advoid him so I uncloak and jam on the targeter. Nothing... 2 more times... still nothing. My 15 seconds for sensor recalibration are up! Maybe it was cause I was cloaked. (im locked and scrammbled by now) I press it again and the target blinks as targeted and then it disappears... my manticore is shredded. Out a limos, XT9000, and malkuth not to mention a few MAPCs. Well crap. Wtf happened. I talk to some mates and then one of them points out that the Auto Targeter is broken and wont do anything.... 
Well thats just Fing perfect. I had plenty of time to kill my target but *GASP* I couldnt target him because the mod I was using doesnt work. At all... I petitioned it and still waiting for an answer. Whilst still on the subject with my friends I further found that ECM Bursts dont work either. SOmething I normaly carry with me when I make a trip to 0.0 to get rid of an inty that has me scramed. Good thing I never ran into one! 
CCP. Change the description on Auto Targeters and ECM bursts (and anything else that just doesnt work). Make the description read as normal. But at the top and bottom how about a nice big 
*BROKEN*
|

ELECTR0FREAK
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 05:03:00 -
[2]
Damn. That sucks Peace, and I almost tested the auto targeter on my Manti last night... 
In all honesty, broken modules shouldn't be in the game. I dunno if the devs are aware of them being broken but as soon as its been established that a module isn't working correctly it should be disabled in the game to save people grief.
-Electrofreak Discoverer of the Missile Damage Formula |

Kaell Meynn
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 05:09:00 -
[3]
Hmm, signed.
|

Gierling
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 05:37:00 -
[4]
Auto-targeter works.
IT targets every target that has aggressed you.
Its just useless.
Bastards we are lest Bastards we become. |

CDLPeacemaker
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 05:38:00 -
[5]
Im pretty sure I was pretty agressed on the 4th push (was scrambled and getting shot at)
|

Jerod Nox
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 07:09:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Gierling Auto-targeter works.
IT targets every target that has aggressed you.
Its just useless.
It also targets nebula, large collidable structures, large collidable objects, cute little sock puppets, inflatable dates, plastic trash cans, small pieces of lint, etc...
So no.. it doesnt work.. it has *never* worked. Recent patch notes claim this module was fixed.. but it wasnt... absolutely nothing has changed.
Nox - Superior technology is superior choice.
|

ELECTR0FREAK
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 07:30:00 -
[7]
A bummer too, with its new 50km range I thought it might actually become useful...

-Electrofreak Discoverer of the Missile Damage Formula |

Joerd Toastius
|
Posted - 2005.10.18 09:41:00 -
[8]
On my understanding, it didn't work the first time because the target wasn't agressed, the second and third times because you were still waiting on sensor recalibration and the last time it may have worked but you died too quickly to find out
|

CDLPeacemaker
|
Posted - 2005.10.19 21:08:00 -
[9]
No. The first time It may have because there was no agression. On the 2nd and 3rd time I tried I was sensor recalibrating. On the 4th attempt it just plain didnt work. My 15 seconds of recal time were up and I could normaly target the enemy. I did this when it faild a 4th time and I got the lock.
My petition was accepted and I was refunded for my loss meaning that it WAS broken. I definatly stand by my suggestion to Mark broken things as broken!
|

Necrologic
|
Posted - 2005.10.19 21:22:00 -
[10]
So when you realised it wasn't working why didn't you lock him the old fashioned way?
|

TheKiller8
|
Posted - 2005.10.20 01:43:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Gierling Auto-targeter works.
IT targets every target that has aggressed you.
Its just useless.
Wow that's awesome
[ 2005.10.19 22:47:00 ] (combat) Burninator's Wolf strikes you perfectly, wrecking your cruise missile bays and disabling your weaponsystems [ 2005.10.19 22:47:04 ] (info) Automatic Targetting System has begun targetting a potential hostile threat. [ 2005.10.19 22:47:06 ] (combat) Burninator's Wolf places an excellent hit on your bridge, disabling most shipfunctions and setting your pod on fire.
|

Pottsey
|
Posted - 2005.10.20 05:44:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Pottsey on 20/10/2005 05:47:36 EDIT: Send in a bug report and get a few freinds to do the same.
It also targets nebula, large collidable structures, large collidable objects, cute little sock puppets, inflatable dates, plastic trash cans, small pieces of lint, etc... 90% of those problems are fixed. It now mostly only targets enemy ship but it does have a habit of only targeting the enemy ships it doesnĘt like. Meaning some donĘt get targeted.
So no.. it doesnt work.. it has *never* worked. Recent patch notes claim this module was fixed.. but it wasnt... absolutely nothing has changed. It used to work very well it was only during the nerf when I came up with the idea to use auto target to bypass the cloak recalibration locktime that it got broke. Instead of just nerfing it they broke it and left it broke, then later half fixed it.
_________________________________________________ Nominate famous people in Eve who had an impact on you. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |