| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:28:00 -
[1] - Quote
Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period. |

Ramona McCandless
Standards and Practices Petition Blizzard
169
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:30:00 -
[2] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period.
-ú9 is not ridiculous. You should probably move to a country with fibre optic cabling and a good exchange rate. "You are even dumber than everyone says." - Kristopher Rocancourt
Tell The Others |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:32:00 -
[3] - Quote
Ramona McCandless wrote:ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period. -ú9 is not ridiculous. You should probably move to a country with fibre optic cabling and a good exchange rate.
haha good one. I agree, USA blows. |

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
2333
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:34:00 -
[4] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period.
You know how I know you don't know anything about servers.
The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the ho's and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' and I'll look down, and whisper 'Hodor'. |

Ken 1138
Paxton Industries Gentlemen's Agreement
48
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:36:00 -
[5] - Quote
I kinda have to agree to this, despite it being a rant. It would of made the live event in Luminaire more fun.
Plus who wouldn't want to see a cloud of 6000+ players in a battle?
The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
|

De'Veldrin
East India Ore Trade The East India Co.
1546
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:37:00 -
[6] - Quote
You do realize that CCP has one of the most advanced, complex, and powerful computer clusters in the entire gaming industry - right?
This should really be an axiom:
"As soon as CCP raises the concurrent player limit of a single grid to support N people, someone will try and bring in N+1, and then ***** because the server lags".
The issues you se are the result of human nature and player behavior, not any fault of CCPs. They could upgrade the entire cluster tomorrow to whatever the newest whizbang technology on the market is, and be full capable of supporting 4000 man battles, and next week someone would bring 5000 people and then ***** because it lagged. Eve Online: The full-contact sport for your brain. |

Prince Kobol
791
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:37:00 -
[7] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period.
show me another MMO can handle 2000+ player fights without any lag |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:39:00 -
[8] - Quote
Ken 1138 wrote:The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
YES! and a dual 580gtx wc'd with 16gb of memory on a 4.8ghz i7 ONLY running EVE and Mumble on the lowest graphics settings should NEVER lag, but last night I had several instances where the client completely locked up, greyed out, and had to be task manager killed.
It was borderline hilarious listening to the FC call out targets. He would call out targets, go get coffee, come back and call more, go put his kids to bed and come back and call more, and we would jerk around on coms while we waiting (30min per target) for everyone to die. |

Morganta
Peripheral Madness Clockwork Pineapple
1871
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:41:00 -
[9] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Ken 1138 wrote:The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
YES! and a dual 580gtx wc'd with 16gb of memory on a 4.8ghz i7 ONLY running EVE and Mumble on the lowest graphics settings should NEVER lag, but last night I had several instances where the client completely locked up, greyed out, and had to be task manager killed. It was borderline hilarious listening to the FC call out targets. He would call out targets, go get coffee, come back and call more, go put his kids to bed and come back and call more, and we would jerk around on coms while we waiting (30min per target) for everyone to die.
fix your computer
|

Zak Breen
Breen Enterprises
110
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:41:00 -
[10] - Quote
Prince Kobol wrote:
show me another MMO can handle 2000+ player fights without any lag
If you call a gigantic blob a fight....
Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of not knowing. http://www.di.fm/spacemusic |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:41:00 -
[11] - Quote
De'Veldrin wrote:You do realize that CCP has one of the most advanced, complex, and powerful computer clusters in the entire gaming industry - right?
This should really be an axiom:
"As soon as CCP raises the concurrent player limit of a single grid to support N people, someone will try and bring in N+1, and then ***** because the server lags".
The issues you se are the result of human nature and player behavior, not any fault of CCPs. They could upgrade the entire cluster tomorrow to whatever the newest whizbang technology on the market is, and be full capable of supporting 4000 man battles, and next week someone would bring 5000 people and then ***** because it lagged.
Hell with your method of thinking, I should go out and buy a Ferrari simply because someone will give me the loan (at 100% interest) simply because I can right?
CCP needs to make a game that doesn't lock up and slow down to the crawl taking a 1hr fight into a 7 hour fight.
Anything noted in here on CCP's defense is a mere excuse and nothing more. Obviously they aren't "advanced" enough to handle their own game. |

Radelix Cisko
Rayn Enterprises Test Alliance Please Ignore
107
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:46:00 -
[12] - Quote
I assume we were in the same battle and had only lag issues and long jump tunnels. Try a better computer or my year old AMD powered rig. |

Sakiya Shiratori
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
11
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:48:00 -
[13] - Quote
Bring back the old doomsday weapons! <_< .... >_>
Better servers/netcode will just lead to bigger blobs, fewer alliances, and more blues in nullsec. There was a time when we couldn't have 100vs100 battles without clustercrashes...
|

Signal11th
The Retirement Club
989
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:49:00 -
[14] - Quote
Prince Kobol wrote:ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period. show me another MMO can handle 2000+ player fights without any lag
I'm still struggling to see how the EVE servers can be classed as "handling" it either???
If handling it you mean like an asthmatic dwarf pushing a rather large boulder up a hill then yes I agree with you. When someone mentions "large fleet engagement in alliance due" I just pull out the comode and a 24 pack of lager and supplies for 12-14 hours. God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster. |

Katia Pwomperson
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
3
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:51:00 -
[15] - Quote
Ken 1138 wrote:I kinda have to agree to this, despite it being a rant. It would of made the live event in Luminaire more fun.
Plus who wouldn't want to see a cloud of 6000+ players in a battle?
The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
But then there would be complaints that the servers couldn't handle a 7000 player fight. |

KrakizBad
Section 8. Fatal Ascension
1356
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:53:00 -
[16] - Quote
Zak Breen wrote:Prince Kobol wrote:
show me another MMO can handle 2000+ player fights without any lag
If you call a gigantic blob a fight.... Indeed, the amazing strategic brawl that happened last night with pretty much even numbers where almost 200B went poof and people reshipped constantly, comms were buzzing, and the most fun I've had in weeks was just BAD GOONS BLOBBING.
Stay in empire, lose another myrm.  www.minerbumping.com - because your tears are delicious |

Signal11th
The Retirement Club
989
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:54:00 -
[17] - Quote
Katia Pwomperson wrote:Ken 1138 wrote:I kinda have to agree to this, despite it being a rant. It would of made the live event in Luminaire more fun.
Plus who wouldn't want to see a cloud of 6000+ players in a battle?
The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
But then there would be complaints that the servers couldn't handle a 7000 player fight.
Yes that would be classed as progress....
EDIT Funny as hell I just tried to post this and it bombed out....respect CCP. God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster. |

ElQuirko
Jester Syndicate S0UTHERN C0MF0RT
1425
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 15:54:00 -
[18] - Quote
YEAH CCP, YOU GUYS ARE SO LAZY AND AWFUL, YOU CAN TAKE YOUR UNIQUE AND REVOLUTIONARY PRODUCT AND SHOVE IT. Save the Domi model! Spacewhales should be preserved. |

Prince Kobol
791
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:01:00 -
[19] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Ken 1138 wrote:The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
YES! and a dual 580gtx wc'd with 16gb of memory on a 4.8ghz i7 ONLY running EVE and Mumble on the lowest graphics settings should NEVER lag, but last night I had several instances where the client completely locked up, greyed out, and had to be task manager killed. It was borderline hilarious listening to the FC call out targets. He would call out targets, go get coffee, come back and call more, go put his kids to bed and come back and call more, and we would jerk around on coms while we waiting (30min per target) for everyone to die.
You do realise that 16gb of Ram is a waste yeah..
|

Prince Kobol
791
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:04:00 -
[20] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period.
Dear the Martina, (aka Kittens, aka Mittens, aka Mittani)
Please control your pets from making themselves look like silly little children stamping their feet when they want more sweeties and mummy and daddy say no.
Many Thanks |

Jenn aSide
STK Scientific Initiative Mercenaries
2128
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:09:00 -
[21] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period.
We need a TMI button right next to the like button. |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:15:00 -
[22] - Quote
Prince Kobol wrote:ElementalWind wrote:Ken 1138 wrote:The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
YES! and a dual 580gtx wc'd with 16gb of memory on a 4.8ghz i7 ONLY running EVE and Mumble on the lowest graphics settings should NEVER lag, but last night I had several instances where the client completely locked up, greyed out, and had to be task manager killed. It was borderline hilarious listening to the FC call out targets. He would call out targets, go get coffee, come back and call more, go put his kids to bed and come back and call more, and we would jerk around on coms while we waiting (30min per target) for everyone to die. You do realise that 16gb of Ram is a waste yeah..
Because EVE is the only thing I do on this computer.
If only we could ban people of lesser IQ from posting.
If CCP cannot handle these battles all in one system then put a cap on these systems and force people to fight it out over many systems. MUCH better idea than TIDI *gag*
Distributed fighting over many systems > TIDI > Crashed CCP servers. (Since CCP can't buy servers to handle their loads) |

Grendell
Technologies Unlimited Superior Eve Engineering
696
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:22:00 -
[23] - Quote
Not to be disrespectful. But when EVE started people complained:
20 vs 20 combat, the servers got laggy. About a year later CCP managed to up that to 50 vs 50, people complained. Fast forward a few years they manage to get a few hundred players in combat with no lag, people complained. Today you can have 1000+ people with almost zero lag, people complain. Getting lag with 2,000+ people, somebody complains.
When it comes to massive player battles, CCP is at the head of the pack by a long shot. There isn't a game out there that can host a single 2,000+ person battle without lag. Were limited by technology. Not by CCP's will or piggy bank.
|

Mark Androcius
122
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:24:00 -
[24] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:If only we could ban people of lesser IQ from posting. i
That comment says enough really, only people with a low IQ actually think they have a higher IQ and therefore only people with an actual low IQ are most likely to post bs like this.
I must agree with you though, that there are some pretty dumb posts out there, some even belong to me, some even pretty recent.
But i much rather prefer to criticize things people can actually do anything about ( like being ridiculously fat, while not having any REAL medical reason for it ). If a man speaks his mind in the forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong? |

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
4250
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:25:00 -
[25] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Prince Kobol wrote:ElementalWind wrote:Ken 1138 wrote:The only lag should be what your system can handle not the servers.
YES! and a dual 580gtx wc'd with 16gb of memory on a 4.8ghz i7 ONLY running EVE and Mumble on the lowest graphics settings should NEVER lag, but last night I had several instances where the client completely locked up, greyed out, and had to be task manager killed. It was borderline hilarious listening to the FC call out targets. He would call out targets, go get coffee, come back and call more, go put his kids to bed and come back and call more, and we would jerk around on coms while we waiting (30min per target) for everyone to die. You do realise that 16gb of Ram is a waste yeah.. Because EVE is the only thing I do on this computer. If only we could ban people of lesser IQ from posting. If CCP cannot handle these battles all in one system then put a cap on these systems and force people to fight it out over many systems. MUCH better idea than TIDI *gag* Distributed fighting over many systems > TIDI > Crashed CCP servers. (Since CCP can't buy servers to handle their loads) You really haven't put much thought into this have you...  To carve a successful niche for yourself in EVE you need to be able to out sell, out produce, out fight,-á out run, or out wit your competitors. If you can do none of the above, your only option is to complain on the forums that somehow you are at a disadvantage using the exact same tool set-áas the rest of the player base. |

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
384
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:28:00 -
[26] - Quote
Since the OP seems to think its so easy I eagerly await his detailed solution that makes it all possible for no money and without requiring rewriting the base code from scratch.
However since we all know he cant do that Ill just settle for calling him a clueless moron instead. Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin
you're welcome |

Tetsel
Heretic Army Heretic Initiative
81
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:31:00 -
[27] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period.
Ha that thread again... long time no see o/
Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. Heretic Army's "Adult Movie" Star.
Twitter:-á-á-á-á@EVE_Tetsel-á-á-á@HereticArmy |

Maybelater Headache
Republic University Minmatar Republic
36
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:41:00 -
[28] - Quote
OP could try to do some PeeVeePee on a smaller scale- maybe he would like it much more? |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:45:00 -
[29] - Quote
I take it all you guys trolling this thread LOVE tidi. Cool well this is the game for you then!  |

Sentamon
1052
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:46:00 -
[30] - Quote
* Looks for another game that can handle a 2000 man battle* ... nope
... 1000 ... nope ... 500 ... nope ... 100 .. maybe
quit your crying ~ Professional Forum Alt -á~ |

Kult Altol
Confederation Navy Research Epsilon Fleet
388
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:49:00 -
[31] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Ramona McCandless wrote:ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period. -ú9 is not ridiculous. You should probably move to a country with fibre optic cabling and a good exchange rate. haha good one. I agree, USA blows.
Bwwwwwaa, show us on the globe where America touched you...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. A narrow mind is a focused mind.
|

baltec1
Bat Country
6886
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:49:00 -
[32] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:I take it all you guys trolling this thread LOVE tidi. Cool well this is the game for you then! 
I do.
But then, I remember what we had before... |

Berke Negri
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
83
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 16:56:00 -
[33] - Quote
Ranger 1 wrote:ElementalWind wrote:Prince Kobol wrote:
You do realise that 16gb of Ram is a waste yeah..
Because EVE is the only thing I do on this computer. If only we could ban people of lesser IQ from posting. If CCP cannot handle these battles all in one system then put a cap on these systems and force people to fight it out over many systems. MUCH better idea than TIDI *gag* Distributed fighting over many systems > TIDI > Crashed CCP servers. (Since CCP can't buy servers to handle their loads) You really haven't put much thought into this have you...  If CCP put a cap on systems then there would be no reason to fight at all. The only thing you would have to do is log in as many alts in that system as possible and "battle won" without firing a shot. which is basically what happened before tidi when the first side to crash a node could clean up the other side while they were all staring at black screens |

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1952
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 17:36:00 -
[34] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:I take it all you guys trolling this thread LOVE tidi. Cool well this is the game for you then! 
When I first saw this post I assumed you were too new to the game to remember a time before Time Dilation but having seen that you're an 08 I'm just embarrassed for you now. Titans were never meant to be "cost effective", its a huge ****.-á- CCP Oveur, 2006
~If you want a picture of the future of WiS, imagine a spaceship, stamping on an avatar's face. Forever. |

Lykouleon
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
817
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 17:42:00 -
[35] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote:Seriously, you promote MMORPG and you charge a ridiculous fee for it, but when we actually utilize the MMORPG aspect of the game and get in a 2,000+ man battle, all I end up doing it clicking once, switching to another monitor where I'm watching ****. I manage to achieve orgasm 4, sometimes 5 times before I even have to think about looking at the other monitor where EVE is and making another click, then I go to the bathroom to clean up, go fix some hot chocolate, do some laundry, come back, and realize I forgot EVE was still playing and look at the screen to see my previous target is almost dead, so I make a couple more clicks to target the next guy and go back to doing my chores.... you get the idea.
WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
*sigh* /rant. CCP fails period. I've got nothing positive to say about this post.
Reset SMA.
Toshiro Ozuwara > GOon cowards come fight Toshiro Ozuwara > Oh wait, you only camp when you got numberssss
I would fully support account bans by ccp for meta type stuff like this. |

Darvaleth Sigma
Progressive State State Section 9
292
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 17:44:00 -
[36] - Quote
When you go back to play Call of Duty, with 6 players a side in a clearly defined map that rarely exceeds half a square kilometre, and it lags to hell, remember this rant and think kindly of CCP. Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life! |

Mr M
Agony Unleashed
244
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 17:53:00 -
[37] - Quote
I orgasmed three times while reading this thread.
|

Darvaleth Sigma
Progressive State State Section 9
297
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 17:57:00 -
[38] - Quote
Mr M wrote:I orgasmed three times while reading this thread.
Thank you for telling us. Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life! |

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
284
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 17:57:00 -
[39] - Quote
ElementalWind wrote: WHEN WILL YOU INVEST IN SOME REAL SERVERS TO HANDLE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?
When will you stop being bad at life and invent technology that's better than what we already have? CCP's servers are pretty cutting-edge. The only way performance will get better with what's available today is if they finish refactoring the code - which they're already working on - or if space wizards suddenly bring CCP magic computers from the year 4058. |

Bl4ck Ph03n1x
Gangsters And Gentlemen Silent Ascension
40
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 18:08:00 -
[40] - Quote
The OP is a moron, but it still have a point: Huge battles are a pain. Null Sec warfare need to be redone, to encourage lots of small groups in place of a single blob. But we all know CCP, they just love their mindless sologanking and "epic 213907104802348 mens battle (on the same grid)". Don't feed the trolls. |

Steve Spooner
Mordu's Military Industrial Command Circle-Of-Two
83
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 18:11:00 -
[41] - Quote
I saw the stream. It was like tiny tengu ants swarming the slightly larger but still tiny apocalypse beetles. |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 18:26:00 -
[42] - Quote
Bl4ck Ph03n1x wrote:The OP is a moron, but it still have a point: Huge battles are a pain. Null Sec warfare need to be redone, to encourage lots of small groups in place of a single blob. But we all know CCP, they just love their mindless sologanking and "epic 213907104802348 mens battle (on the same grid)".
Exactly. |

Faeltagen
Stargate SG-1 Fatal Ascension
0
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 18:40:00 -
[43] - Quote
I think CCP was trying to save test's ass last night. 
The engagement started in j5a and the node was reinforced at around 10pm - 11pm. No tidi and no lag with 1700+ in system.
When the CFC moved into b-d and test followed, it was tidi at 10% for 5 hours and test got to save j5a with no lag.
I have the same sentiments as the OP. Why couldn't CCP reinforce b-d node as well. Only thing I can think of is moral support for test, because we know the inevitable is coming and they don't want to hemorrhage too many accounts.
/conspiracy theory on

|

Mr Mutombo
Zulu Uprising
2
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 18:45:00 -
[44] - Quote
ElQuirko wrote:YEAH CCP, YOU GUYS ARE SO LAZY AND AWFUL, YOU CAN TAKE YOUR UNIQUE AND REVOLUTIONARY PRODUCT AND SHOVE IT.
how is it revolutionary, fanboy? |

ElementalWind
JSR1 AND GOLDEN GUARDIAN PRODUCTIONS SpaceMonkey's Alliance
12
|
Posted - 2013.06.10 18:47:00 -
[45] - Quote
Faeltagen wrote:I think CCP was trying to save test's ass last night.  The engagement started in j5a and the node was reinforced at around 10pm - 11pm. No tidi and no lag with 1700+ in system. When the CFC moved into b-d and test followed, it was tidi at 10% for 5 hours and test got to save j5a with no lag. I have the same sentiments as the OP. Why couldn't CCP reinforce b-d node as well. Only thing I can think of is moral support for test, because we know the inevitable is coming and they don't want to hemorrhage too many accounts. /conspiracy theory on 
Exactly yet again.
I must admit, it was pretty lame how we ran into b-d instead of fighting where we were. Made no sense. to me. You would think CCP would enforce several systems in a given area. Not just ONE system. |
|

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
527

|
Posted - 2013.06.10 18:54:00 -
[46] - Quote
Quote:3. Ranting is prohibited.
A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.
Thread locked. ISD LackOfFaith Lieutenant Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department |
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |