| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 14:51:00 -
[1] - Quote
Well its only taken 5 years and the promise of shiny collectors edition in the news to have me crawling back to EVE.
Like an old mistress I just cant get enough!
2 Characters, basically first created in 2005! have about 5 million ISK to my name (a pauper) and some 1 million skill points.
Its gonna be a laugh when people start asking how I can be so lowly and penniless after some 9 years of the character.....
The worry is I wont remember how to play at all and am gonna get owned!
Looks a lot shinier then when I was last here! |

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
679
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 14:54:00 -
[2] - Quote
You'll be sorry, all the shiny stuff simply hides all the new and improved bugs......
I too am excited about trading playability for more lag and shiny pictures.....:( Petition for a Minimum bounty of 10 mil. Prevent useless bounties!
|

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 14:59:00 -
[3] - Quote
Technically I am one of the founding fathers, I remember coming in and I think it was Exodus Expansion was just being rolled out....there have been 17 since!!
Its odd when I look back and there were some hundred odd thousand folk online at that point, now its what, 2.5 million?
I went to WoW with some friends but I just found it a grind fest and tbh, I prfer the much more hyper real graphics of EvE, oh and engine light trails!
Still want a Thorax cruiser! |

Verunae Caseti
Viziam Amarr Empire
27
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 15:00:00 -
[4] - Quote
Rick Sarth wrote:Technically I am one of the founding fathers
No you're not. |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 15:07:00 -
[5] - Quote
Verunae Caseti wrote:Rick Sarth wrote:Technically I am one of the founding fathers No you're not.
I was joking, settle down. |

GreenSeed
531
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 15:28:00 -
[6] - Quote
Rick Sarth wrote:Verunae Caseti wrote:Rick Sarth wrote:Technically I am one of the founding fathers No you're not. I was joking, settle down. he wasnt, welcome back to EVE.  |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 15:34:00 -
[7] - Quote
GreenSeed wrote:Rick Sarth wrote:Verunae Caseti wrote:Rick Sarth wrote:Technically I am one of the founding fathers No you're not. I was joking, settle down. he wasnt, welcome back to EVE. 
Hehe, tbh I am most looking forward to Connect 4 in-game and eve radio lol |

ElQuirko
Jester Syndicate S0UTHERN C0MF0RT
1580
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 16:13:00 -
[8] - Quote
Rick Sarth wrote: Hehe, tbh I am most looking forward to Connect 4 in-game and eve radio lol
...wha'? Do you mean fukung and ship spinning, or? I don't speak your archaic language. Save the Domi model! Spacewhales should be preserved. |

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
2264
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 19:58:00 -
[9] - Quote
I'm noticing a trend towards a new player archetype - the noobvet.
Looking at corp history is going to be awfully misleading with 7,8,9 year old players coming back with the skills and knowledge of new pilots.
I find that without a good mob to provide one for them, most people would have no mentality at all. |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 20:01:00 -
[10] - Quote
War Kitten wrote:I'm noticing a trend towards a new player archetype - the noobvet.
Looking at corp history is going to be awfully misleading with 7,8,9 year old players coming back with the skills and knowledge of new pilots.
It was a laugh last time as was only about 2 years I was away and no one really noticed, apart from some older corp guys thinking it was odd, but I find simply stating "treat me as complete noob" works best.
Always works for the best. |

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
839
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 20:06:00 -
[11] - Quote
Redo the tutorials/career missions. It might sound silly but they have improved a lot and you will learn the basics again, and you will remember more as you keep going.
Welcome back  Phoibe Enterprises official recruitment thread The Eve Reader - -áAudio Recordings of Eve Chronicles
|

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
1269
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 21:16:00 -
[12] - Quote
NightCrawler 85 wrote:Redo the tutorials/career missions. It might sound silly but they have improved a lot and you will learn the basics again, and you will remember more as you keep going. Welcome back  Yep. If you just play the game from your knowledge of what it was like in 2005 or whenever, you'll miss out on newer features. You won't even know that certain things exist. The tutorials will introduce them to you. |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 21:25:00 -
[13] - Quote
first noobvet (TM) question,
can i reload the tutorial missions from the UI?
I played it last year briefly when my friend gave me an invite but was quite brief.
I would rather do it and take my time, mainly as i want to enjoy it.
|

Kult Altol
Confederation Navy Research Epsilon Fleet
545
|
Posted - 2013.07.02 23:57:00 -
[14] - Quote
Welcome back. Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium. WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ |

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
345
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 00:04:00 -
[15] - Quote
So which mega null sec power bloc are you coming back to worm your way into and rip off for trillions sometime around 2014?
|

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
842
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 01:20:00 -
[16] - Quote
Rick Sarth wrote:first noobvet (TM) question,
can i reload the tutorial missions from the UI?
I played it last year briefly when my friend gave me an invite but was quite brief.
I would rather do it and take my time, mainly as i want to enjoy it.
I think the option your looking for is in the Escape menu/General settings/Help/Show tutorials.
Phoibe Enterprises official recruitment thread The Eve Reader - -áAudio Recordings of Eve Chronicles
|

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 07:43:00 -
[17] - Quote
Val'Dore wrote:So which mega null sec power bloc are you coming back to worm your way into and rip off for trillions sometime around 2014?
To be honest, having 2 ISK to rub together by the end of the month would be a good start haha!
I found the tutorial tab on the menu bar, so will see about starting that up again tomorrow night.
Was funny to see my old Tristan Frigate that I have owned for some 8 years looking a lot more shiny than it did in 2007 :)
Must remember not to buy a cheap bulk hauler and a single mining laser again....The Horror! |

BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
5863
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 08:15:00 -
[18] - Quote
You can run tutorials in different starter system than the one you ran them from last time. There are a lot of new things going on. New crimewatch system, dueling system, new ships.. etc. I'm sure peeps in local will be glad to answer questions.
So what is your path in Eve.. industrial? PVE, PVP?
wb I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!-á Now... where's Ken? |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 08:26:00 -
[19] - Quote
BoSau Hotim wrote:You can run tutorials in different starter system than the one you ran them from last time. There are a lot of new things going on. New crimewatch system, dueling system, new ships.. etc. I'm sure peeps in local will be glad to answer questions.
So what is your path in Eve.. industrial? PVE, PVP?
wb
TBH I am not sure, when I created Rick sarth it was a bit, just mull along.
I never knew what I wanted to do or what to do with the character, I assumed in 2004 you would get a nudge along certain options I could pick, but found out it was a massive sandbox :)
So my char is a bit all over the place. My other char B'aolin Sarth is more commerce built but is a very basic char, used about 3 months, a friend explained that picking a certain skill set to start with was the plan.
So both of them could go either way, Rick sarth has more ploughed into gunnery and ship piloting if my very vague memory sits.
However main plan was to be either a battlecruiser rated pilot and have big gun back up, or I may go down the working in the background, elec warfare stuff.
Lots to read up on. |

Max Godsnottlingson
Bitter Veterans
149
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 09:09:00 -
[20] - Quote
Rick Sarth wrote:Well its only taken 5 years and the promise of shiny collectors edition in the news to have me crawling back to EVE.
Like an old mistress I just cant get enough!
2 Characters, basically first created in 2005! have about 5 million ISK to my name (a pauper) and some 1 million skill points.
Its gonna be a laugh when people start asking how I can be so lowly and penniless after some 9 years of the character.....
The worry is I wont remember how to play at all and am gonna get owned!
Looks a lot shinier then when I was last here!
Welcome back to the game Rick, another proof of the saying "You can take the player out of Eve, but never take the Eve out of the player!"
And that has come from somebody who regularly rage quits with the cry of "F**K this bag of S**te! I am leaving and will NEVER return."
Mwah! longest I have ever stayed away was about ten months, and most of that was due to recovering from major RL health issues.
What's that line from a song. "You can always check out, but never leave." Or something like that. Could have been written about Eve. |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 09:17:00 -
[21] - Quote
Max Godsnottlingson wrote:Rick Sarth wrote:Well its only taken 5 years and the promise of shiny collectors edition in the news to have me crawling back to EVE.
Like an old mistress I just cant get enough!
2 Characters, basically first created in 2005! have about 5 million ISK to my name (a pauper) and some 1 million skill points.
Its gonna be a laugh when people start asking how I can be so lowly and penniless after some 9 years of the character.....
The worry is I wont remember how to play at all and am gonna get owned!
Looks a lot shinier then when I was last here! Welcome back to the game Rick, another proof of the saying "You can take the player out of Eve, but never take the Eve out of the player!" And that has come from somebody who regularly rage quits with the cry of "F**K this bag of S**te! I am leaving and will NEVER return." Mwah! longest I have ever stayed away was about ten months, and most of that was due to recovering from major RL health issues. What's that line from a song. "You can always check out, but never leave." Or something like that. Could have been written about Eve.
The good old electronic Crack! I just want the big shiny spaceships hehe. |

Ammzi
Boob Heads Test Alliance Please Ignore
1382
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 09:23:00 -
[22] - Quote
You're an annoying noobvet.
There, I said it. quote CCP Spitfire
"Hello Im Blue,"
|

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 09:27:00 -
[23] - Quote
Ammzi wrote:You're an annoying noobvet.
There, I said it.
Glad you're getting it out of your system  |

Ix Tegeuse
Andomer Prospecting and Exploration Incorporated
0
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 13:39:00 -
[24] - Quote
Noobvet eh? Yeah, that's a fair cop. Some friends dragged me back this time to help them with jump-starting a new corp. Soon as I locked in, it got it's hooks in again. I've been playing on and off since 2006, but never consistently.
It's nice to meet you Rick. You make me feel infinitely better about my decision to return. Sort of.
God, starting with 1-2m in skills though? Whew. I don't think I could swing that. I'm at about 20m myself. |

Rick Sarth
The Scope Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 13:57:00 -
[25] - Quote
Once I have done the tutorials again I will feel better, logged in briefly last night, and the simple looking at skill points I have to spend had me scratching my head haha, so need to re-learn what I am doing, then find out how crap I still am at ship outfitting!
Maybe I should just stick to plan of becoming a small scale ship manufacturer :) |

Freakdevil
Aliastra Gallente Federation
21
|
Posted - 2013.07.03 14:31:00 -
[26] - Quote
Best of luck |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |