| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Deja Thoris
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 10:27:00 -
[31]
Originally by: XSKULLX
Originally by: Virxe nerf a phoon? they are really easy to gank as it is...can't tell ya how many ive killed. 
thats funny right there i dont care who you are.. oh and in the right hands the phoon aint easy to gank, ive held off 2 apocs and a geddon in my main characters phoon with 3 of them they couldnt break my tank and i whooped their arses that was with 4 1200mm scouts and 4 arb cruise launchers and a massive armor tank
---> --->
Doubtful (or they sucked BIG time)
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 10:31:00 -
[32]
Originally by: XSKULLX
Originally by: Virxe nerf a phoon? they are really easy to gank as it is...can't tell ya how many ive killed. 
thats funny right there i dont care who you are.. oh and in the right hands the phoon aint easy to gank, ive held off 2 apocs and a geddon in my main characters phoon with 3 of them they couldnt break my tank and i whooped their arses that was with 4 1200mm scouts and 4 arb cruise launchers and a massive armor tank
They were either:
a) low on sp b) skill-less noobs c) low sp skill-less noobs
or
d) you're lying
Sig removed. Image far too big. 120x400 pixels max. 24000 bytes max. -Kaemonn
Ohnoes, I've been nerfed :( |

Minxella
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 10:42:00 -
[33]
I took down a Fleet of dreadnoughts in mine, Whilst tanking senty guns. the revalation died after I turned on my first volley, I managed to tank the other 2 dreads for the next 10 mins while I popped them One by one. It was so much fun.
Typhoon RoX. Funny thing is that when the dreads were dead this dude turned up in a freighter and I prompltly popped him too and guess what he dropped a faction Dreadnought BPC. Man What a day that was ! |

Chuck Sausage
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 10:45:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Minxella I took down a Fleet of dreadnoughts in mine, Whilst tanking senty guns. the revalation died after I turned on my first volley, I managed to tank the other 2 dreads for the next 10 mins while I popped them One by one. It was so much fun.
Typhoon RoX. Funny thing is that when the dreads were dead this dude turned up in a freighter and I prompltly popped him too and guess what he dropped a faction Dreadnought BPC. Man What a day that was !
There is just one flaw in your logic. Freighters don't drop cans.
|

Minxella
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 10:48:00 -
[35]
Your worried about a frieghter dropping a can ? (I've changed it to a transport ship, thanks :)) |

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 10:53:00 -
[36]
Freighters do drop cans when popped by Typhoons. It's a little known hidden bonus on the phoon.
Sig removed. Image far too big. 120x400 pixels max. 24000 bytes max. -Kaemonn
Ohnoes, I've been nerfed :( |

Nat K
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 14:48:00 -
[37]
IM confused... Frieghters dont drop cans? Where does the loot go when they go pop?
|

Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 14:59:00 -
[38]
Phoon boy: Do not try and nerf the Phoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. TomB: What truth? Phoon boy: There is no Phoon. TomB: There is no Phoon? Phoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the Phoon that needs nerfing, it is only yourself.
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 15:00:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa Phoon boy: Do not try and nerf the Phoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. TomB: What truth? Phoon boy: There is no Phoon. TomB: There is no Phoon? Phoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the Phoon that needs nerfing, it is only yourself.
pwned
Sig removed. Image far too big. 120x400 pixels max. 24000 bytes max. -Kaemonn
Ohnoes, I've been nerfed :( |

DaMiGe
|
Posted - 2005.12.06 15:18:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa Phoon boy: Do not try and nerf the Phoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. TomB: What truth? Phoon boy: There is no Phoon. TomB: There is no Phoon? Phoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the Phoon that needs nerfing, it is only yourself.
and we have a WINNER!! 
---> My vids <--- latest movie = the lottery |

Randuin MaraL
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 10:36:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Cilppiz Dont nerf me phoon...
Aye.
Never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die. MEDUSA veteran, Khumaak Award winner, the man in an ogre space suit |

Berak FalCheran
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 11:04:00 -
[42]
aside from the nosphoon, this ship is useless as it is
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE IT 6 TURRETS, CHANGE THE BONUS, OR JUST REMOVE THE SHIP FROM THE GAME
Originally by: Malthros Zenobia In short: Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
|

Ras Blumin
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 11:11:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Lygos The obvious reason it's so popular is that it's cheap
It isn't, most expensive + least useful tier 2 bs :|
p - l - u - r |

Dexter Rast
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 11:15:00 -
[44]
everyone loves the underdog, and the phoon is just that, if ccp were to make it a bit more specialised then it would be a boring ship --------------------------------------------- Please use a signature that conforms with the EVE-Online forum rules for signatures - Jacques' |

Kaylana Syi
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 14:01:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa Phoon boy: Do not try and nerf the Phoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. TomB: What truth? Phoon boy: There is no Phoon. TomB: There is no Phoon? Phoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the Phoon that needs nerfing, it is only yourself.
QFE, QFT, OWNED!
Originally by: "Oveur" I don't react to threats any better than you do
|

Kaylana Syi
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 14:02:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Ras Blumin
Originally by: Lygos The obvious reason it's so popular is that it's cheap
It isn't, most expensive + least useful tier 2 bs :|
its a tier 1 bs btw 
Originally by: "Oveur" I don't react to threats any better than you do
|

Kaylana Syi
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 14:04:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Berak FalCheran aside from the nosphoon, this ship is useless as it is
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE IT 6 TURRETS, CHANGE THE BONUS, OR JUST REMOVE THE SHIP FROM THE GAME
sorry but I disagree... I like the phoon as is and dream of the day it gets a tracking instead of the optimal bonus, and a 5th turret point. As it is now I can live with it, and do live with it.
Originally by: "Oveur" I don't react to threats any better than you do
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 14:47:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Kaylana Syi
... I like the phoon as is and dream of the day it gets a tracking instead of the optimal bonus, and a 5th turret point. As it is now I can live with it, and do live with it.
We know, and we're still waiting on the uber phoon setup to end all phoon setups.
But seriously, are you a roleplayer? Because only a roleplayer can love a ship that is so hopelessly outclassed in every department by every other battleship.
/testy, trying to fight the urge to rant about phoons again
|

Deja Thoris
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 15:10:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Testy Mctest
/testy, trying to fight the urge to rant about phoons again
Whats to rant about?
We've seen in this thread it can whup the entire Amarr Navy while saving Timmy from the well at teh same time.
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 15:15:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Deja Thoris
We've seen in this thread it can whup the entire Amarr Navy while saving Timmy from the well at teh same time.
For the second time today, I bow to your wisdom.
Hehehe....timecards.
|

Alex Harumichi
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 15:19:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Testy Mctest
But seriously, are you a roleplayer? Because only a roleplayer can love a ship that is so hopelessly outclassed in every department by every other battleship.
/testy, trying to fight the urge to rant about phoons again
Well, not quite. Let's see...
- it's better looking than the Dom - it has more grid than the Dom - it has more launchers than the Dom - it's the fastest battleship out there - it's... tubular. That's the ticket. - it has, like, drones and ****
(ssssh, yes I know it sucks, just trying to think on the positive side here ;)
|

Naughty Boy
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 15:24:00 -
[52]

It should lose the optimal bonus and get a free peanuts bonus/battleship skill level. You know, for Timmy.
Sincerly Yours, The Naughty Boy. --- Spreadsheet - Damage @ range. |

Spy4Hire
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 15:25:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Kilostream Edited by: Kilostream on 05/12/2005 21:18:00 Top Tip: CCP, stop people wanting to fly the Typhoon by making it look like a giant flying dog turd.
Oh......you did that already =]
I fly a Typhoon... it's a very good ratting ship (Arty & Cruise/Torp) and definately frightening in PvP (many dangerous setups for anti-HAC/inty poppage).
And every one to leave my hangar has an appropriate scatological name. T.U.R.D. happens to be my flavor of the day.
|

Dexter Flashman
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 15:35:00 -
[54]
I heard 'Skippy The Bush Phoon' the animated series was coming to channel 4 this winter.
|

darth solo
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 15:44:00 -
[55]
im sure i was pretty usefull in a phoon with PDUs in low, shield tank in med and 800s and NOS in high...
the tempest all done it all so much better though.
d solo.
|

Kaylana Syi
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 16:05:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Testy Mctest
Originally by: Kaylana Syi
... I like the phoon as is and dream of the day it gets a tracking instead of the optimal bonus, and a 5th turret point. As it is now I can live with it, and do live with it.
We know, and we're still waiting on the uber phoon setup to end all phoon setups.
But seriously, are you a roleplayer? Because only a roleplayer can love a ship that is so hopelessly outclassed in every department by every other battleship.
/testy, trying to fight the urge to rant about phoons again
Look, I will not give you my phoon setup(s) for pvp. It's as simple as that. No I am not a roleplayer I just know my matari ships and have enough skill points to put them both to use. I have been flying Matari Battleships since November 2003, take it as beating on my chest or just a statement to qualify my flight time with them - your choice. Sorry, but if you lack what it takes to make the phoon a pwncycle then look elsewhere to figure out how to use it wisely. I just think you are mad because it takes an extroidinary amount time to make a 75mil ship open up a can of whoopass, unlike the other teir 1s which can be pwnmobiles with as little as a few months to get 4mil sp. You want to turn this thread into a flame me again then do so but what you say doesn't mean anything to me nor your very convoluted thoughts of the Typhoon. It is a good ship, period. While I am not saying it can't use some love, I welcome updates, but not everyone blobs and not everyone cares about alliance wars so please don't try to pass your ideas of suckage and imbalanced on the rest of us.
/me is reminded of rogue rants in WoW forums everytime people start dissing the phoonii
Originally by: "Oveur" I don't react to threats any better than you do
|

Imhotep Khem
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 16:26:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Shanzem hmmmm HIGH 4x Large Nos 4x 800MM (named) Large guns
Meds Warp disrupter (20km) Stasis webby Tracking Disrupter MWD
low
Tech II Med, Large Rep (named) 1600mm plate Harners.. (Ken, Therm, Explo) CPR or Gyro Tech II
ROFL, ROFL...ROFL.
Now that would be an pwnM06i13 ____ If your not dyin' your not tryin'. |

Naughty Boy
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 17:54:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Imhotep Khem ROFL, ROFL...ROFL. Now that would be an pwnM06i13
does it even fit... 
Sincerly Yours, The Naugthy Boy. --- Spreadsheet - Damage @ range. |

Menelak Faf
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 17:57:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Naughty Boy
Originally by: Imhotep Khem ROFL, ROFL...ROFL. Now that would be an pwnM06i13
does it even fit... 
Sincerly Yours, The Naugthy Boy.
Not by about 5000 grid
SoonÖ is relative. |

Leet Al
|
Posted - 2005.12.07 20:23:00 -
[60]
Any ship that can support the name "Attack Sausage" is cool in my books. Not to mention all the fun slang that comes with using the word 'phoon.' Bombphoon, Vampphoon, Blazephoon, Snipephoon, Dampphoon, Doomphoon, Tankphoon, Platephoon,.. the list goes on. It's just a fun ship. I think that's why it's a love/hate thing between the 'hardcore' and 'casual,' but it's just my opinion.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |