| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
225
|
Posted - 2013.07.14 20:13:00 -
[1] - Quote
So I have a few billion pocketed away from market trading and farming low sec 5/10's and other good PLEX's and I came up with an idea. I would like to try be a null sec hobo. I have 2 accounts and 4 Chars.
1. PVP Char 2. Orca Char booster 3. Main Char (scout, market, leadership, PVP & PVE) 4. Low skill scout char
My plan is to scout through WH's till I find a branch to deep null sec, I don't care where. I will move my Orca into a low pocket and base out of their while running null sec explorations. I will carry a couple of small POS in the Orca so that I can spring up fittings ect when it's safe to do so.
My ambition is to not have to rely on anyone except myself and too be honest I'm in it for the hobo aspect ie being an inconvience and annoying to the locals, I will aim to kill a few local bears if given the chance. Has anyone tried this before? What should I be aware of? I've got null sec experience so I'm not looking for bubbles ect, I'm more interested in learning about WH's and gypsy'n out of an orca.
I'm fussed about getting burned it's just for the LOLZ and too see how long I'll last. Kugutsumen - My signature insures that my post is always read by an ISD or Dev, does yours? |

Jimmy Morane
Aurora Novae Aetatis Expoit This Mf's
107
|
Posted - 2013.07.14 20:47:00 -
[2] - Quote
Great!
But if you want to really be a hobo then you need to get rid of all your money. Please feel free to transfer it to me.  |

Mark Androcius
156
|
Posted - 2013.07.14 21:03:00 -
[3] - Quote
Dude, Join a null sec indy corp or something, you'll be ding the same thing, but without the risk of being blown to bits. Null-sec people tend to not allow non-blue's in their systems. If a man speaks his mind in the forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong? |

Xen Solarus
Inner 5phere
469
|
Posted - 2013.07.14 21:08:00 -
[4] - Quote
The main issue is going to be finding a route back to lowsec once you're out in null, and there will be no guarentee that it would lead anywhere near where your orca is based.
Unless you setup a small base of operations in an unoccupied wormhole with a null static, that would certainly prove possible. I believe you can find those in C1 or C3 wormholes. You'd be able to use that position to travel to null daily and get back before the exit closes.
Good idea though and i hope you succeed! Post with your main, like a BOSS! |

Jenn aSide
STK Scientific Initiative Mercenaries
2319
|
Posted - 2013.07.14 22:14:00 -
[5] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:So I have a few billion pocketed away from market trading and farming low sec 5/10's and other good PLEX's and I came up with an idea. I would like to try be a null sec hobo. I have 2 accounts and 4 Chars.
1. PVP Char 2. Orca Char booster 3. Main Char (scout, market, leadership, PVP & PVE) 4. Low skill scout char
My plan is to scout through WH's till I find a branch to deep null sec, I don't care where. I will move my Orca into a low pocket and base out of their while running null sec explorations. I will carry a couple of small POS in the Orca so that I can spring up fittings ect when it's safe to do so.
My ambition is to not have to rely on anyone except myself and too be honest I'm in it for the hobo aspect ie being an inconvience and annoying to the locals, I will aim to kill a few local bears if given the chance. Has anyone tried this before? What should I be aware of? I've got null sec experience so I'm not looking for bubbles ect, I'm more interested in learning about WH's and gypsy'n out of an orca.
I'm fussed about getting burned it's just for the LOLZ and too see how long I'll last.
The best way to Squat (you're describing a squatter, not a hobo :) ) is with a Carrier (with a cloak) as a mobile "base". That way you can jump back to lose sec to resupply and transport loot. I do it with 4 characters, only 2 of which needs to be online at a time.
-Carrier as base -another char to scout/probe once you find a nice spot -a character with a pve capable ship -a cyno character in low sec.
So i send in my scout in a Recon ship (nano'd up so I can survive bublle camps) to scout out a nice quiet spot. When I find it, I jump in the carrier, then the scout fleet warps te carrier to a safe spot i made before hand and cloak the carrier and log off the scout, and log on my battleship pilot on the same account (who moved to the system in a tech 3 cloaky nullified ship, I use a tech3 because the BS pilot has some pricey implants).
Then I go to the carrier, get the battleship, store the Tech3 and go to ratting. I either leave the carrier cloaked or log it off. If i get an or officer spawn I log in the scout (for extra dps, I keep a BC in the carrier for it) and the carrier to assign fighters. If I get an escalation the scout jump in the tech 3 to scout and provide support etc etc etc.
It's plenty fun and I've lost oly 2 recon ships doing it while makking loads of isk. I've even done anomalies in upgraded systems when the owners were asleep/offline lol. |

arabella blood
Deep Core Mining Inc. Caldari State
74
|
Posted - 2013.07.15 06:45:00 -
[6] - Quote
I totally support this idea! A null Vagabond is the way to go. I would totally join in to an operation like that :) |

JAG Fox
GunStars
60
|
Posted - 2013.07.15 08:00:00 -
[7] - Quote
We are planning a similar lifestyle and call ourselves space nomads. Me and my bro and a few friends will be doing this.
We will be using a cloaky carrier, and a rorqual. Our plan is to jump from low sec to null sec then find C5 WH to get into wormhole space. One in a C5 we will move from WH to WH living the nomadic life. -áFox Pin-up
Kisses!Foxie. |

arabella blood
Deep Core Mining Inc. Caldari State
74
|
Posted - 2013.07.15 08:08:00 -
[8] - Quote
JAG Fox wrote:We are planning a similar lifestyle and call ourselves space nomads. Me and my bro and a few friends will be doing this.
We will be using a cloaky carrier, and a rorqual. Our plan is to jump from low sec to null sec then find C5 WH to get into wormhole space. One in a C5 we will move from WH to WH living the nomadic life.
You should keep a journal, or a blog of some sort documanting your travels. At least a list of WHs visited, and when you visited all make a medal :) |

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
3308
|
Posted - 2013.07.15 08:21:00 -
[9] - Quote
Make sure you constantly beg for isk aswell, otherwise you're not getting the authentic hobo experience. The guy who was sitting next to me in the first nullsec round table who had obviously not had a shower since before boarding his flight to Iceland, you really stank. You know who you are. |

arabella blood
Deep Core Mining Inc. Caldari State
74
|
Posted - 2013.07.15 08:31:00 -
[10] - Quote
Mallak Azaria wrote:Make sure you constantly beg for isk aswell, otherwise you're not getting the authentic hobo experience.
You mean "bums" Probably, as hobos are just traveling workers. |

Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
228
|
Posted - 2013.07.15 08:58:00 -
[11] - Quote
Hmm this is going to be fun I will put the plan into action today if I get the chance. Kugutsumen - My signature insures that my post is always read by an ISD or Dev, does yours? |

Victor Dathar
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
99
|
Posted - 2013.07.15 12:05:00 -
[12] - Quote
Looks like that Gypsy is going to face some Danger.
*Puts on Sunglasses*
Yeeeeaaahhhhhhhhh |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |