| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.07.23 17:07:00 -
[1]
Originally by: Chiara Lorn Edited by: Chiara Lorn on 17/07/2008 12:02:18 Thanks for the awesome tool, especially the update for the dx9 graphics 
Here's a couple of renders out of Cinema 4D, just trying to get it looking as close as the ingame graphics as possible Hyperion
and a "Navy" Issue  Hyperion Navy Issue
I'm out of practice with C4D just getting back into things how did you deal with textures?
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.07.24 12:05:00 -
[2]
Thanks, I'll take a look when I get in tonight. Drove myself mental last night I tried all sorts I was getting close and it increased my skill level but frustrating all the same.
Nice work on the malediction.
I guess everyone was inspired by clear skies to some extent. I'm currently modelling the insides of a Gallente ship. I'm doing it in a modular fashion.
I was thinking about setting up a website where anyone can post up models they've done of consoles, corridoors, offices, control panels, characters pretty much anything really. This would them form a free repositroy of models people can draw upon for their movies. Fling the bits together for a scene and away you go. Should cut down on production time. then the story makers can concentrate on stories.
The quality of model maybe a little dodgy sometimes but look at clear skies (don't get me wrong it was very well done) the environment isn't great but it didn't detract from the story.
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.07.24 13:02:00 -
[3]
I've just got broadband I'll try and get it on tonight. It's only a bare coridoor at the moment and my skill level is low.
However, I'm hoping that it's good enough for background and people can add to it. Hence the free open source thing.
You've also highlighted the other reason for creating a repository time. I'm busy or get bored and don't follow things through same as most. The Evol project was such a monster it lost its way (I heard its back on track). Clear Skies took forever to create.
Now if someone wants to spend a couple of hours one night creating a model then thats great. They don't have to subscribe to a huge project. People can also put requests in for voice actors, sound samples, 2D work anything really.
The quality may not always be there but I reckon it'll grow over time. Some one may even take one of my models and retexture it. It's all good.
I'll start the web frame work this weekend. All thats needed is an EVE skin on a postnuke framework.
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.07.27 17:54:00 -
[4]
Got most of it sorted apart from...
Amarr DX9 textures they seem to be different from the other races. The old textures I can get on there without an issue.
Issue 1 I can't get the orientation correct on the model I'm assuming the UV co-ordinates need manipulating.
Issue 2 Multi-texture models. The Apoc for instance has three poly selections and there are two textures.
I'm seriously struggling in C4D to get them on and as above orientated correctly.
Any hints or answers would be appreciated.
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 14:12:00 -
[5]
Thanks.
Chiara helped me out with another way of doing it but all tips help. I've learnt loads trying to get on top off this stuff. I try all the advice given as it improves your overall skill level. I must've analysed the whole thread in detail about ten times lol.
Chiara asked me about the bugged models also. I'll try exporting them tonight. I'm planning on hosting all the textured models if I can at some point.
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.07.30 11:25:00 -
[6]
I was trying to extract the troublesome modules.
I even tried grnreader and other tools out there. Somehow I managed to break Triexporter. It crashed every time I tried to open it.
I deleted some registry entries which did the trick and now I can only open .tri files.
Will be building a new computer next week so I'll be starting from scratch. Any ideas on a fix in the meantime would be great.
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.07.31 11:05:00 -
[7]
I believe the reason for the problematic ships is because they have an animation component. Probably a bone stuck in there.
There is a huge thread on the same site you get grnreader form on how to use tools to extract grn files with animation structures. I don't have 3d studio max so someone may want to have a go at the at.
Linkage /start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.09.10 16:53:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Pyrotesea I haven't read through this whole topic, but are people able to open the .stuff files? if so how are you doing it?
or alternativeley I've had this for ages not sure who created it.
stuff /start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.09.11 08:10:00 -
[9]
By the way anyone know if/where there is a model of the map? /start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.09.11 15:52:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Valan on 11/09/2008 15:52:26 Thanks you confirmed my fears :)
I don't fancy doing it manually. It's gonna have to be a reduced version. /start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Valan
The Fated
|
Posted - 2008.10.03 16:45:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Valan on 03/10/2008 16:45:18 The reason that you won't find anything is that you're looking at a permaban for doing it. You'll get a slap for disclosing how to do it.
I believe thats why CCP changed to Granny and changed the code to prevent it as there used to be a model hack.
Suggest you forget it if you want to continue playing. /start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game four years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |
| |
|