| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Osmund
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 12:47:00 -
[1]
I guess that this was a hole that needed plugging then. I thought that you were allowed to use an alt the same time as your main on the one account, I can't see anywhere where it says you can't. After today's downtime this is no longer possible. Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for two Eve subscriptions at the same time so I'm afraid I will have to cancel. I wanted to experience more of the game so used the alts at the same time. Now it looks like I would have to do all research / trading / combat etc on the same character. That is just too much to face. Well, I'm sure I wasn't the only person that logged in twice, I bet the concurrent usage total is down a bit now CCP. Ach well, off to find another MMORPG then.
|

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 12:48:00 -
[2]
I wish I could say shame to see you go, but I just can't to a filthy 'sploiter.
Sry 
[Now with MIND BULLETS!]
|

dantes inferno
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 12:49:00 -
[3]
??? ive never been able to use more than one character on a single account at once..any how bye bye can i have r stuff _____
"When mothers warned their children that the monster would get them, that monster was me. I was the nightmare that kept |

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 12:49:00 -
[4]
You could log in alts on the same account AT THE SAME TIME?
Ive never seen an mmorpg where you could do this, and if you could in Eve, Im glad theyve changed it.
As to concurrent users, very few people use alts on the same account for actually playing the game, since only one can train at a time.
Personally, the only Alt I have on any of my accounts is this one :)
Loading sig, please wait... |

rig0r
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 12:50:00 -
[5]
This has never been possible. Are you an ebil ***** ?
If I logon the same account using 2 EVE clients one of the two terminates. Has been like that forever.
|

Vasco DaGama
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 13:08:00 -
[6]
Indeed,
2 chars on the same account running on the same pc/laptop have never been possible. I never tried it on 2 pc's/laptops though.
Vasco DaGama
It's a beautiful day The sun is shining I feel good And no-one, no-one's gonna stop me now |

Koori
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 13:09:00 -
[7]
i know i'm the second person to ask for that but can i have ur stuff?
If it was possible to log in with 2 chars from the same account it was a temporary exploit/bug. We were never alowed to log in with 2 chars from the same account.
|

Nigoal Tragotan
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 13:25:00 -
[8]
I agree with everyone that is WAS an exploit, BUT that doesn't mean it's not a great idea. Atm having 2 characters on 1 account is pointless, since you can only trian 1 and training all your learning skills twice would be a waste of time. What would be wrong with being able to login 2 characters atst? It wouldn't hurt anyone would it? And then it would finally be worth putting some sp's on your second character as well.
CCP, could you please give the the reason why you wouldn't make that exploit a normal feature?
|

Sheriff Jones
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 13:27:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Nigoal Tragotan I agree with everyone that is WAS an exploit, BUT that doesn't mean it's not a great idea. Atm having 2 characters on 1 account is pointless, since you can only trian 1 and training all your learning skills twice would be a waste of time. What would be wrong with being able to login 2 characters atst? It wouldn't hurt anyone would it? And then it would finally be worth putting some sp's on your second character as well.
CCP, could you please give the the reason why you wouldn't make that exploit a normal feature?
I can think of one...think 40.000 people online.
|

MoLeH
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 13:29:00 -
[10]
Actually since RMR it was possible i managed to log into the same char twice on teh same pc at serveral points :S --------------------------------------
|

Clytamnestra
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 13:30:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Nigoal Tragotan I agree with everyone that is WAS an exploit, BUT that doesn't mean it's not a great idea. <snip>
No that's exactly what it doesn't mean. An exploit is never a great idea... moron.
--
|

Rodge
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 13:34:00 -
[12]
I have three accounts, and often log all 3 in at once on the one machine. Of course, I sometimes forget which ones I have logged in and try to log an existing account in again.
Before I even get to the character selection screen on the second client, my first client kicks me out to the login screen.
So I've never seen a time where you could login twice on the same account ever. And I've been playing for nearly 2 years now.
[ 2005.04.17 00:34:30 ] Nagilam > u better leave Rodge, u will not gank any1 else 2nite......
|
|

Chribba
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 14:10:00 -
[13]
afaik it kills the connection to the "first" login no matter if it's a local client or another computer.
and I've not managed to log on twice ever, but then I don't try logging on with the same account that often...
EVE-Files | EVE-Search | Get Email if thread updates |
|

Rutoo
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 14:41:00 -
[14]
You have never been able to.
It was probley a Bug that allowed it, i can see a script easily being installed server side that can allow certain accounts to do it, But the general accounts would not beable to
and it has been like this since beta (in beta you could have more then 1 character training though)
So Either a) suck it up and play with one Charater or b) transfer character to another account and play with 2 accounts like the rest of us.
if you do decide to leave, can my name be thrown into the pool for having all your stuff? ______________________________________________ Do not try to fight the lagg. Instead try to see the truth. There is no lagg |

Grainsalt
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 14:43:00 -
[15]
This has never been possible, if you managed it then you just got around the biggest leader of income to CCP.. Why else would you need multiple accounts...
BabyBlue:- "I propose CCP make USB powered genital electrodes compulsory for pod pilots, activated when hull < 5%. " |

zincol
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 14:51:00 -
[16]
You COULD log into the same char in 2 diffrent computers and 1 can lock and shoot while other impulses and warps ^^
funky and strange but was possible
Note : did not attempt this myself.
|

Burlock Ironfist
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 14:58:00 -
[17]
I would also like to enter into the 'can i have your stuff' draw please - im kinda skint at mo so would be a nice chance to get some isk.... 
Directing TDOJ Traffic since 18/12/2005 |

Del ReyII
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 15:05:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Chribba afaik it kills the connection to the "first" login no matter if it's a local client or another computer.
and I've not managed to log on twice ever, but then I don't try logging on with the same account that often...
Absolutley true Chribba, I logged into my account last night a second time on a different computer and it kicked my first login out. It has never been possible. This is a serious bug if it was possible.
|

Lunaticdie04
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 15:07:00 -
[19]
I did manage this once. I think it was after a patch when the servers were quite laggy so it could have a bug or the servers not communicating with each other saying I'm already logged on. Didn't try training anything though but I did get to meet my alt with my main and have a chat. Sad I know 
Can I also be added to the 'Can I Have Your Stuff' raffle, please.
|

dmaul raven
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 15:52:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Osmund I guess that this was a hole that needed plugging then. I thought that you were allowed to use an alt the same time as your main on the one account, I can't see anywhere where it says you can't. After today's downtime this is no longer possible. Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for two Eve subscriptions at the same time so I'm afraid I will have to cancel. I wanted to experience more of the game so used the alts at the same time. Now it looks like I would have to do all research / trading / combat etc on the same character. That is just too much to face. Well, I'm sure I wasn't the only person that logged in twice, I bet the concurrent usage total is down a bit now CCP. Ach well, off to find another MMORPG then.
Good luck finding a game which allows alts and multiple login. Oh, and good bye, can i have ur stuff and whatever  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|

Copine Callmeknau
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 16:00:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Osmund I guess that this was a hole that needed plugging then. I thought that you were allowed to use an alt the same time as your main on the one account, I can't see anywhere where it says you can't. After today's downtime this is no longer possible. Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for two Eve subscriptions at the same time so I'm afraid I will have to cancel. I wanted to experience more of the game so used the alts at the same time. Now it looks like I would have to do all research / trading / combat etc on the same character. That is just too much to face. Well, I'm sure I wasn't the only person that logged in twice, I bet the concurrent usage total is down a bit now CCP. Ach well, off to find another MMORPG then.
You want some cheese with that?
-------
With five million sheep in this army I seem to be the only one fit to command
|

Kurren
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 16:30:00 -
[22]
So long, can i have your stuff... and your alt's stuff too?
Filthy exploiter! Cancel away. *************************************************
I will never apologize for my honesty. |

Sharies
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 16:44:00 -
[23]
Well since your going can I have some of your stuff too?
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/moonshade.png
|

Ysolde Xen
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 17:15:00 -
[24]
If you have been able to log on 2 characters on the same account at the same time up until now, I'd consider that an exploit. Glad CCP detected and nuked it 
It doesn't work if you try 2 different PCs. I asked someone to skill for me a while back and as he logged on to my main, it booted my alt. He was in a different country to boot. -----
Just because you couldn't get a ship to do what you wanted doesn't mean it's a crap ship - it means you're a crap pilot of that ship.
|

Iroquois
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 18:30:00 -
[25]
Oh yada yada yada, this is a very important thing that you cannot log into both accounts at the same time.
Have said that, and with a perfectly honest bleeding heart, oh woe is you tone...please put me down as also wanting to have your stuff.
Thanks and...yada yada yada some more.
|

Embattle
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 18:54:00 -
[26]
When trying to log in with an alt on the same account once all it did was drop the main. ----------- Trolling - Ban - All I got was this silly Hat. |

Corvus Dove
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 19:04:00 -
[27]
I can see it as being possible from more than one computer, at least for a little bit...
But the devs declared it an exploit long ago. With it, they declared logging in one character to force the other to insta-log (we got some whines about losing this after Cold War hit) and evade logoff timers an exploit, as well.
So you were exploiting. Can I have your stuff? ------------------------------------ Join Channel MacroIntel! |

KompleX
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 19:10:00 -
[28]
Edited by: KompleX on 29/12/2005 19:12:29 Edit BBQ'd teh post.
|

Roga Midrennie
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 19:17:00 -
[29]
Edited by: Roga Midrennie on 29/12/2005 19:17:52 Edited by: Roga Midrennie on 29/12/2005 19:17:27
Originally by: KompleX Edited by: KompleX on 29/12/2005 19:12:29 Huh?
I just logged on two chars on the same account, on the same computer. I made a copy of the EVE folder and put that copy somewhere else on the comp, and booted the two clients at the same time. Worked fine.
I tried this right after reading your post. It didnt work.
|

Bluestealth
|
Posted - 2005.12.29 20:28:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Bluestealth on 29/12/2005 20:31:15 You could actually do this during the beta, and I shared my beta account with a friend who did not get in. We even played at the same time a few times, and had both characters training. I was not aware that this was possible after the game went live, and since a lot of people used the feature of logging in their alt to log out their main char when they got blackholed I think you must have been an abnormality. Eve is the only game that I have ever played in which you feel like you must have an alt character in order to acomplish anything. Recently, I have ditched my alt, and by changing the way I do things in game, I do not really miss him, of course now I rely on everyone else to build me everything :( .... That and I can't mine(what a loss :P)
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |