| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Praxis Ginimic
Dark Knight Legion The Hydra Confederacy
450
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 16:52:00 -
[1] - Quote
I want to use this to solo C1 & C2 sites when our hole opens up to them and we don't have a fleet up. I have AWU 4, otherwise my fitting skills are perfect and I don't have t2 heavies or hams just yet (I'm mainly a gunner) but I do have t2 rockets/lml's.
Caracal, C2 solo
5 x malkuth heavy missile launchers
Medium shield extender II LASB 2 x adaptive invuln II 10mn experimental AB
DC II 2 x ball co II OD II
2 x EM screen 1 x therm screen
Also, because I do have t2 smalls I have been thinking of using a dual MASB rocket Hawk. The resist profile on that thing is just rediculous.
What do you think? |

Icarus Able
Traverse Holdings
70
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 17:32:00 -
[2] - Quote
will probs do C1s. But you may have trouble with some of the c2 sites. Depending how your piloting is. Hawk would probably work, wouldnt be very effecient but would be fun as hell |

Praxis Ginimic
Dark Knight Legion The Hydra Confederacy
450
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 17:32:00 -
[3] - Quote
lol. i pushed through an edit just as you posted... |

Icarus Able
Traverse Holdings
70
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 17:34:00 -
[4] - Quote
Well my original statement stands. Try it out. It might take a while but wil be fun. |

Praxis Ginimic
Dark Knight Legion The Hydra Confederacy
450
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 18:18:00 -
[5] - Quote
I think I just found a winner. Not super effective and I would have to get right up in the rats' faces but this would be fun at least.
[Thorax, C2 Blasters] Energized Explosive Membrane II Medium Armor Repairer II Capacitor Power Relay II Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M
Medium Anti-Thermic Pump I Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Hornet EC-300 x5 Salvage Drone I x5
|

Praxis Ginimic
Dark Knight Legion The Hydra Confederacy
450
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 18:19:00 -
[6] - Quote
I'm only going on and on about this because I don't really do a lot of PVE. I don't know what a good PVE fit looks like or what to expect in most cases and it takes all of me not to just slap a MWD scram and web onto everything I build. |

Axloth Okiah
Future Corps Sleeper Social Club
153
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 18:23:00 -
[7] - Quote
I'd recommend something heftier for C2s. A BC or faction cruiser. W-Space Realtor |

Praxis Ginimic
Dark Knight Legion The Hydra Confederacy
450
|
Posted - 2013.08.19 18:43:00 -
[8] - Quote
I can fly all the BC's well and T2 fit most of them but the higher sig radius requires a stiff tank while the smaller stuff can get away with less... at lest that is the way it seems to me.
I was in a C2 with the guys the other day and they all kept warping out to recharge cap and tank but even when they left my PVP fit Blarpy held its own on the field. I honestly think that if it were PVE fit I could have done those anoms by myself, which is why I started all this EFT madness.
Also, I got bored and went too hard at a kiting t1 frig in low sec, lost the blarpy ingloriously...came back to find another t1 kiter and lost my enyo...went back to find a loki, so I grabbed an experimental neut fit vexor that had him capped out and in structure before is friends showed up...lost that too.
After all this hilarity I need to start thinking about some PVE, that is why we are in the wh after all, lol |

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition Insurance Fraud.
307
|
Posted - 2013.08.20 11:36:00 -
[9] - Quote
Praxis Ginimic wrote:I can fly all the BC's well and T2 fit most of them but the higher sig radius requires a stiff tank while the smaller stuff can get away with less... at lest that is the way it seems to me.
I was in a C2 with the guys the other day and they all kept warping out to recharge cap and tank but even when they left my PVP fit Blarpy held its own on the field. I honestly think that if it were PVE fit I could have done those anoms by myself, which is why I started all this EFT madness.
Also, I got bored and went too hard at a kiting t1 frig in low sec, lost the blarpy ingloriously...came back to find another t1 kiter and lost my enyo...went back to find a loki, so I grabbed an experimental neut fit vexor that had him capped out and in structure before is friends showed up...lost that too.
After all this hilarity I need to start thinking about some PVE, that is why we are in the wh after all, lol Dual-rep harby. 'Nuff said. There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency. |

Silas Shaw
Coffee Hub
48
|
Posted - 2013.08.21 04:17:00 -
[10] - Quote
Praxis Ginimic wrote:I think I just found a winner. Not super effective and I would have to get right up in the rats' faces but this would be fun at least.
[Thorax, C2 Blasters] Energized Explosive Membrane II Medium Armor Repairer II Capacitor Power Relay II Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M
Medium Anti-Thermic Pump I Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Hornet EC-300 x5 Salvage Drone I x5
cruiser weight ships have very little buffer. they get eaten if they get a couple of bad hits from the C2 battleships. also: you want a MWD. some of the BS spawns are almost 100 out from where you'll end up when the trigger dies. |

Praxis Ginimic
Dark Knight Legion The Hydra Confederacy
456
|
Posted - 2013.08.21 04:36:00 -
[11] - Quote
Ya, I was talking with one of the guys this morning who said that some of the rats in the harder C2 sites will web/neut from 70km. Blaters are certainly out of the question. C1 maybe but not higher than that. I'm working with the caracal fit. My missile support skills are only at 3, some at 4, and I get 66km range with t1 heavies. It has a low shield buffer at just over 4k but a fantastic shield boost and good cap. I think that once I round out my missile supports and get t2 heavies it will do alright, too slow to run them solo but still... alright.
I have read that 150dps tank and at least 100dps down range will be enough to handle C2's solo and all the fits posted above will do well over that while cap stable at over 50% but the caracal is the only one with the range to hit at around 70km. Looks like I will just have to suck it up and pony up for a BC. I am a low sec PvP'er so flying anything worth more than 40 mil fit is just against everything that feels comfortable. Honestly, not having at least a point and buffer feels wrong. |

Vassal Zeren
Uncontrollable Innovations
73
|
Posted - 2013.08.22 18:25:00 -
[12] - Quote
Praxis Ginimic wrote:Ya, I was talking with one of the guys this morning who said that some of the rats in the harder C2 sites will web/neut from 70km. Blaters are certainly out of the question. C1 maybe but not higher than that. I'm working with the caracal fit. My missile support skills are only at 3, some at 4, and I get 66km range with t1 heavies. It has a low shield buffer at just over 4k but a fantastic shield boost and good cap. I think that once I round out my missile supports and get t2 heavies it will do alright, too slow to run them solo but still... alright.
I have read that 150dps tank and at least 100dps down range will be enough to handle C2's solo and all the fits posted above will do well over that while cap stable at over 50% but the caracal is the only one with the range to hit at around 70km. Looks like I will just have to suck it up and pony up for a BC. I am a low sec PvP'er so flying anything worth more than 40 mil fit is just against everything that feels comfortable. Honestly, not having at least a point and buffer feels wrong.
250 dps tank and about 250 dps I would estimate. If you are going to speed tank you should at least be able to use a T2 AB. As for 40 mill bar, in C2 sites you make 20 mill per, so you have paid off your 40 mill ship in 2 sites. Cost is not the issue. You want survivablilty. Some people are just frivolous with their tanks but what you have will be melted without some expert piloting. It would certainly get dicey. A HAC can solo C2's with ease. I would recommend that if you want something small but durable and fun. Otherwise BC's are the most forgiving ships. Drakes are of course king. A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver. |

Svodola Darkfury
Heaven's End League of Infamy
246
|
Posted - 2013.08.23 05:42:00 -
[13] - Quote
When wormholes first came out I ran C2 sites in wolf-rayets with an Enyo and a Salvager in the remaining high. A-type small armor repairer does the trick.
Svo. CEO of Heaven's End; Seller of Wormholes. |

Jack Miton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
2277
|
Posted - 2013.08.23 06:14:00 -
[14] - Quote
if you can fly a caracal, you can fly a drake. get one, |

Praxis Ginimic
Dark Knight Legion The Hydra Confederacy
463
|
Posted - 2013.08.23 15:32:00 -
[15] - Quote
I can indeed fly a BC & my drake fit is solid. Funny story. I had 2 sitting in far off high sec systems.
I made a run for one of them when a hole opened up only a few jumps out then got distracted by rl and logged off. The next day it was either 40 jumps through low sec our 8 through high sec. I didn't really have the role for a solo 40 jump roam and the drake really isn't my first choice for solo anyway so I went with the high sec route. Only to late did I realize that our led me through a 1.0 system... Lost it to the navy with 1 jump to go.
But there is light, I have another and sooner or later a hole will open up within reasonable distance.
Edit: our I guess I could go buy one |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |