| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Spawck
|
Posted - 2005.12.31 19:55:00 -
[1]
Since the patch, many of the NPC pirates will break a target lock, or not let you lock at all. What is the best module to use to prevent this from happening? I frequently target in the 60-70 Km range, so I need something that will work at a distance.
Thanks for your help in advance.
|

Chronus26
|
Posted - 2005.12.31 20:42:00 -
[2]
You must be refering to Guristas. RMR added the ability for Guristas to use target jamming on you. Look into ECCM (Electronic Counter Counter Measures) these are used to boost your sensor strenght to compensate for the jamming effect. -----
|

Maya Rkell
|
Posted - 2005.12.31 20:54:00 -
[3]
I found, using a BS, that it was better just to ride those jamming periods out, since they were infrequent. In a cruiser, your millage may vary.
Warning: above post may contain traces of sarcasm. "Corpse cannot be fitted onto ship. Only hardware modules can be fitted." |

Cade Morrigan
|
Posted - 2005.12.31 20:59:00 -
[4]
I don't find it worth fitting anti-ecm gear. Even when I'm out in my frigates I just wait out the jamming then lock and kill the jammers asap. Typical jammers are the frigates that are based on the Griffin hull.
|

Spawck
|
Posted - 2005.12.31 21:50:00 -
[5]
Yes, it is the Guristas pirates that do this. I am using a BC (ferox) most of the time when I encounter them, but have the same problem in my Raven. I think I will try and locate the jammer pirates and see if I can destroy them first. I don't like the idea of giving up a slot just to keep a locked target.
Thanks for the suggestions.
|

Spawck
|
Posted - 2006.01.01 02:15:00 -
[6]
Well, I installed and "Omni positional ECCM sensor system 1" module. It gives a 52.5% increase to all sensor type strength. It did no good what-so-ever.
Where did I go wrong? I was using a Ferox. Which ECCM type module do I need to install?
Thanks again
|

Maya Rkell
|
Posted - 2006.01.01 02:27:00 -
[7]
It's chance-based. You will reduce, but not eliminate, jamming by using those modules.
Warning: above post may contain traces of sarcasm. "Corpse cannot be fitted onto ship. Only hardware modules can be fitted." |

Cade Morrigan
|
Posted - 2006.01.01 15:43:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Spawck Well, I installed and "Omni positional ECCM sensor system 1" module. It gives a 52.5% increase to all sensor type strength. It did no good what-so-ever.
Where did I go wrong? I was using a Ferox. Which ECCM type module do I need to install?
Thanks again
Caldari boats use Gravimetric sensors so you'd want to boost that. But, as previous poster said, it is still chance based and you will still get jammed. You have a really big strong ship there, don't waste a slot for ECCM, just tank more and wait out the jamming and kill the jammers.
|

Inversa
|
Posted - 2006.01.01 17:53:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Inversa on 01/01/2006 17:56:15 As Gallente in Caldari Space. I let my drones have some fun until the jamming is over. And have you tried FOF Missiles, they don't need a targetlock from your ship to find there targets
|

Sergej
|
Posted - 2006.01.01 18:57:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Spawck Well, I installed and "Omni positional ECCM sensor system 1" module. It gives a 52.5% increase to all sensor type strength. It did no good what-so-ever.
Where did I go wrong? I was using a Ferox. Which ECCM type module do I need to install?
Thanks again
You're using ECCM, what you should be using is a backup array. ECCM is somethign oyu can use on other ships.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |