| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

1of1
|
Posted - 2003.08.24 19:09:00 -
[1]
Hi, would appreciate a bit of help on this one...
I completed a mission for my Level 1 agent and went back to his station to pick up my reward. Though I didn't ask for any more work, the next job appeared in the 'Offered' section of my journal (this has happened several times today, but as I've been continuously doing missions I haven't really been bothered by it).
I was busy doing something else and then a little while later an Eve-mail came through from my agent - telling me he was disappointed that I'd failed the mission. My agent info also has me down as having failed one mission (even though I've completed every sodding cattle run and pyerite acquisition mission that gimp has sent me and gone back for more...) and my corp standing went down by 0.1-ish.
As I understood it, this was a bug that had been fixed. Am I wrong or is this a variant on the original problem (or a different problem entirely)?
And yes I have submitted a bug report but I would like to know of other players' experiences with this.
Cheers :) |

Treylon
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 02:37:00 -
[2]
yep, done 200+ missions for the Federation Navy with no failures. Got my first one today on a mission i never took. Apparently if you just talk to him at all after a mission is completed, the offerd but un-taken mission will count against you. The workaround is just not to talk to them once you've completed a mission and you want to stop for the day.
|

Papa Smurf
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 10:12:00 -
[3]
Enough reports of this symptom have been made that our Q/A has been trying to track this bug down, but to no avail as of yet.
I haven't seen how this could even be remotely possible from the code, so I'm pretty stuck when it comes to fixing this until they've found a way to reproduce this in a manner that I can diagnose.
So if you guys'n'gals find a sure way to reproduce this before they do, please do tell.
|

Rough Child
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 12:23:00 -
[4]
I had this bug some weeks ago.
The only thing I can report is: The task was to bring some mines to another station. I usually always check the mission in the journal before I asked him for a job. That day I didn't had much time so I closed the dialog without accepting.. in fact not even asked him for job. only start the conversation. Just the usually way.
Then relativly quickly I got the failed mission.. As far as I can remember I got this failed mission shortly after I closed the conversation.
The funny thing is I didn't even get the 50 Mines from him.. So I can't have accepted it. otherwise I must have had the mines. But I hadn't them.
Maybe all people had this Mine-mission buged??
Maybe this helped.
|

Angry Sheep
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 14:00:00 -
[5]
I have seen this as well - it is definatly happening.. a real pain
It's a Dog eat Dog World out there and I'm wearing Milky Bone underwear
|

1of1
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 14:04:00 -
[6]
I haven't had any 'mine missions' but I think it was a courier-type mission. I'll try to explain exactly what happened in the hope that it may be of some use in tracking down the problem. I should point out that this is my alt and that the problem was with my main character.
I'd just completed a mission (I believe it was a destroy-pirate-and-return-with-evidence mission as I had to take something back to the agent to claim my reward. I can't remember exactly as I did something like 30 missions yesterday). I spoke to the agent to get my reward and then found myself back at the initial screen you get when you first talk to the agent. Here I was presented with three options:
- Ask if he had any jobs - Ask him to locate someone - Ask him to raise my security status
At this point my journal was flashing. Clicking on it revealed that the Offered section had details of the next job in it (though I hadn't asked if any work was available). I read the details, then closed the journal and the agent dialogue box (probably by clicking on the X).
I was browsing the forums at the same time so I remained docked after this without doing anything else. A little while later (less than 10 minutes) I got the 'failed' e-mail from my agent.
That's as complete an account as I can provide. Don't know if it will be useful but let's hope it might be... |

Thallia
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 16:41:00 -
[7]
I think there is a misunderstanding in the agent talk.
If you don't want the agent to generate the next missions, at the window where he's thanking you for the last mission, don't click the "done" button, he already paid you anyway. Just close the window.
If you click the done button, you'll be presented with his menu (mission+services) and the next mission will already be generated, hence the failure some time later.
--
|

1of1
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 17:34:00 -
[8]
Quote: I think there is a misunderstanding in the agent talk.
If you don't want the agent to generate the next missions, at the window where he's thanking you for the last mission, don't click the "done" button, he already paid you anyway. Just close the window.
If you click the done button, you'll be presented with his menu (mission+services) and the next mission will already be generated, hence the failure some time later.
Yep, that's what seems to be happening but I can't imagine that it's meant to work like that. Guess we'll all just have to use the work-around until it's sorted. |

Aissa
|
Posted - 2003.08.25 20:10:00 -
[9]
I failed a mission with a 3hour limit in less than the time it took for me to undock, warp to the first jumpgate on the 12 jump route, and decide to relog at the jumpgate (~30s). Now I'm stuck with 1k frozen plant seed.
I had done the same mission earlier, but beyond that I have no clue why I failed.
Maybe some of the agent mission data isn't being cleared properly or isn't resetting to null?
~Aissa
Nomad, Dictionary and Encyclopedia of The Regulators |

Xylon
|
Posted - 2003.08.26 06:49:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Xylon on 26/08/2003 06:52:18 I just had the same thing happen to me. I was given the same mission three times tonight, the third time I accepted the mission, I immediately received a failure notification. It was as if the timer from the first time I received the mission was never reset after I accomplished it.
IÆm not happy that I now have a mission failure with an ôawesomeö agent because of a bug.
|

Varsuuk
|
Posted - 2003.08.28 01:56:00 -
[11]
Havent been in the game in 5 days, due to coding work I had to catch up on but since I was compiling a biggie I decided to look here :)
From what I recall noting, I BELIEVE this bug is tied or was to skill completion.
This may be out of left field, but I recall it happening to me only when a skill completed overnight or on the way doing the mission (in the latter case, I failed a mission 10 mins into it before I was 1/2 way thru the 14 jumps - and I didn't delay starting. It happened right after completing training a skill.
Even MORE on limb, this didn't happen in the farther past, I don't recall when emails stopped - could it be this bug reared its head around the same time? If so - that would be a good section of code to look at.
Ugh... just realized lol - my labs/factories ;( hehe...grrr I forgot to log on for those.
|

Sariana
|
Posted - 2003.08.29 11:54:00 -
[12]
As Thallia says, the next mission is offered as soon as you click the done button (or when you click talk to), and you can peek the next mission in your journal before the agent offers it to you - but - it turns out that he has already offered it, and you will get a sec. hit for not completing.
Now: Why not generate the offered mission one window later, when you click the "I need something to do" button? |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |