| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Chizad
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 00:52:00 -
[1]
I have read several layouts for the Thorax reguarding NPC hunting, but how about PvP? I don't think those setups would work as well against a player. Then again I don't see the Thorax holding up too well against a player reguardless, unless you have hords of drones. Anyone have any suggestions on a Thorax layout that could hold out in a PvP fight? Thanks.
|

Chizad
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 00:52:00 -
[2]
I have read several layouts for the Thorax reguarding NPC hunting, but how about PvP? I don't think those setups would work as well against a player. Then again I don't see the Thorax holding up too well against a player reguardless, unless you have hords of drones. Anyone have any suggestions on a Thorax layout that could hold out in a PvP fight? Thanks.
|

Steini OFSI
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 00:59:00 -
[3]
You could try to fit it with 3 medium blasters 2 energy stealing devices (nosferatu or better), as for medium slots, one capacicator battery, mwd (get that blaster and energy stealers in quick), and a warp scrambler. For low slots, miriad of co processors (as you need) power diagnostics and magnetic field stabilizers.
Maybe change that cappacicator battery for a shield booster.
Anyway this is a theoratical setup, I have not tested it but I like to think em up.
Cheers
|

Steini OFSI
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 00:59:00 -
[4]
You could try to fit it with 3 medium blasters 2 energy stealing devices (nosferatu or better), as for medium slots, one capacicator battery, mwd (get that blaster and energy stealers in quick), and a warp scrambler. For low slots, miriad of co processors (as you need) power diagnostics and magnetic field stabilizers.
Maybe change that cappacicator battery for a shield booster.
Anyway this is a theoratical setup, I have not tested it but I like to think em up.
Cheers
|

Steini OFSI
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 01:07:00 -
[5]
don't forget drones
|

Steini OFSI
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 01:07:00 -
[6]
don't forget drones
|

slurr
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 01:51:00 -
[7]
Thorax really isnt meant to go 1v1 (I assume thats what your thinking of as pvp). Its a support ship. With its nice hybrid bonus, you can fit 3-4 nice 250mm rails (Protos obviously being best) aswell as a large group of drones (any kind can work, Hammerheads and Wasps stand out above the rest though), you can deal excellent damage (for a cruiser) well behind your gang-mates.
|

slurr
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 01:51:00 -
[8]
Thorax really isnt meant to go 1v1 (I assume thats what your thinking of as pvp). Its a support ship. With its nice hybrid bonus, you can fit 3-4 nice 250mm rails (Protos obviously being best) aswell as a large group of drones (any kind can work, Hammerheads and Wasps stand out above the rest though), you can deal excellent damage (for a cruiser) well behind your gang-mates.
|

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 06:24:00 -
[9]
3 protos, 2 150mm rails shield booster, medium cap battery, warp jammer/hardener 5x cap power relays or 5x magnetic field stabs _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 06:24:00 -
[10]
3 protos, 2 150mm rails shield booster, medium cap battery, warp jammer/hardener 5x cap power relays or 5x magnetic field stabs
Purchasing Complex Fullerene Shards, contact me ingame.
|

Quiz
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 07:49:00 -
[11]
I disagree with everything that is being said here, so I have to say something.
First of all, the top level gallente cruiser is not a support ship. 
If you want to go PvP, you should have close combat weapons as most fights happen up close, absolutely less than 20 km and probably down to 15 km or so.
The thorax has enough base powergrid to fit 5 heavy ion blasters which are one of the most damaging guns in the game.
If you have decent engineering skills, you have another 100-150 power. You will easily do over 100 damage up close it (per gun) and if you have good stabilizers and skills, I think 150 or more can be reached. Ive seen a battleship go from full shields to 40% shields in 15 seconds using this setup. The guns fire very fast.
If you can get up close, you will absolutely win a fight against someone using rails or other medium/long range weapons.
I would suggest putting 3 afterburners in the medium slots as getting close fast is very important. Once you are up close, you will rip your opponent to pieces easily. He will hit you a couple of times on your way in, but once you get very close he will have a hard time hitting you at all and you will get very good hits all the time.
Put magnetic stabilizers (preferably vortex, they are the best) in all the low slots.
Oh, and use 8 heavy combat drones if you have them. Let them attack him on your way to him. Thats 88 damage every 2 seconds, which will wear his shields down a lot and possibly cause him to lose focus on you a bit. :)
Try this setup with a mate and see what happens. Be careful, as you can easily be giving him armor damage within seconds. Gang him if you are not in the same corp to avoid police interference.
Good luck
|

Quiz
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 07:49:00 -
[12]
I disagree with everything that is being said here, so I have to say something.
First of all, the top level gallente cruiser is not a support ship. 
If you want to go PvP, you should have close combat weapons as most fights happen up close, absolutely less than 20 km and probably down to 15 km or so.
The thorax has enough base powergrid to fit 5 heavy ion blasters which are one of the most damaging guns in the game.
If you have decent engineering skills, you have another 100-150 power. You will easily do over 100 damage up close it (per gun) and if you have good stabilizers and skills, I think 150 or more can be reached. Ive seen a battleship go from full shields to 40% shields in 15 seconds using this setup. The guns fire very fast.
If you can get up close, you will absolutely win a fight against someone using rails or other medium/long range weapons.
I would suggest putting 3 afterburners in the medium slots as getting close fast is very important. Once you are up close, you will rip your opponent to pieces easily. He will hit you a couple of times on your way in, but once you get very close he will have a hard time hitting you at all and you will get very good hits all the time.
Put magnetic stabilizers (preferably vortex, they are the best) in all the low slots.
Oh, and use 8 heavy combat drones if you have them. Let them attack him on your way to him. Thats 88 damage every 2 seconds, which will wear his shields down a lot and possibly cause him to lose focus on you a bit. :)
Try this setup with a mate and see what happens. Be careful, as you can easily be giving him armor damage within seconds. Gang him if you are not in the same corp to avoid police interference.
Good luck
|

Thyro
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 12:57:00 -
[13]
yep yep yep ... BS shield at 40% after 15minutes... and u forget that u in your Thorax can be killed in between 3-7 seconds and just 5/6 blasts u are done in dust... so dont feel heroic about that and don't pickup a BS fight to test and try to blowup their shields :-) coz u will be podded long time before a BS be at 0% shields... :-P
Now... I usualy use the Heavy Laser B with RADIO M that usualy causes 192.7 damage in a target at 20-27Km... at 35-45Km can reach from 50-98.4 damage... and I don't have the gunner laser skill fully researched just! So I wonder if your have your hybr skills at maximum just to get around 100 points of damage... :-)
Regards :-P
|

Thyro
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 12:57:00 -
[14]
yep yep yep ... BS shield at 40% after 15minutes... and u forget that u in your Thorax can be killed in between 3-7 seconds and just 5/6 blasts u are done in dust... so dont feel heroic about that and don't pickup a BS fight to test and try to blowup their shields :-) coz u will be podded long time before a BS be at 0% shields... :-P
Now... I usualy use the Heavy Laser B with RADIO M that usualy causes 192.7 damage in a target at 20-27Km... at 35-45Km can reach from 50-98.4 damage... and I don't have the gunner laser skill fully researched just! So I wonder if your have your hybr skills at maximum just to get around 100 points of damage... :-)
Regards :-P
|

Thyro
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 13:13:00 -
[15]
Regarding the 1st question ... I suggs u the following...
mid slots... web-jam, anti-warp-jam and warp-jam or ... replace the anti-warp-jam with a shield booster.
web-jam prevents the target to move... well will move a bit but not at full speed
anti-warp-jam allows u to get way if the things get in red
warp-jam... well just jams warp so the target can't escape from u
Suggestion ... 1 to 1 with similar ships and without backup its a bad bad idea... however its up to u... could be challenge or a big risk
Protections just shield hardners or armor but check ur Thorax grid-cpu :-)
Take care
|

Thyro
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 13:13:00 -
[16]
Regarding the 1st question ... I suggs u the following...
mid slots... web-jam, anti-warp-jam and warp-jam or ... replace the anti-warp-jam with a shield booster.
web-jam prevents the target to move... well will move a bit but not at full speed
anti-warp-jam allows u to get way if the things get in red
warp-jam... well just jams warp so the target can't escape from u
Suggestion ... 1 to 1 with similar ships and without backup its a bad bad idea... however its up to u... could be challenge or a big risk
Protections just shield hardners or armor but check ur Thorax grid-cpu :-)
Take care
|

Zeidrich
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 16:31:00 -
[17]
Quote: You could try to fit it with 3 medium blasters 2 energy stealing devices (nosferatu or better)
Do you know something I don't know?
Because last time I checked, Nosferatu's drained 10 cap over 45 seconds, and have range of 1.2km. Is that even worth the fitting reqs?
|

Zeidrich
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 16:31:00 -
[18]
Quote: You could try to fit it with 3 medium blasters 2 energy stealing devices (nosferatu or better)
Do you know something I don't know?
Because last time I checked, Nosferatu's drained 10 cap over 45 seconds, and have range of 1.2km. Is that even worth the fitting reqs?
|

John Zeppe
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 16:32:00 -
[19]
Quote:
Quote: You could try to fit it with 3 medium blasters 2 energy stealing devices (nosferatu or better)
Do you know something I don't know?
Because last time I checked, Nosferatu's drained 10 cap over 45 seconds, and have range of 1.2km. Is that even worth the fitting reqs?
... No. 
For a Thorax I'd recommend 5 (Anode) Ion Blasters, medslots for defense (hardeners + a med booster), lowslots for rechargerate / damage.
|

John Zeppe
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 16:32:00 -
[20]
Quote:
Quote: You could try to fit it with 3 medium blasters 2 energy stealing devices (nosferatu or better)
Do you know something I don't know?
Because last time I checked, Nosferatu's drained 10 cap over 45 seconds, and have range of 1.2km. Is that even worth the fitting reqs?
... No. 
For a Thorax I'd recommend 5 (Anode) Ion Blasters, medslots for defense (hardeners + a med booster), lowslots for rechargerate / damage.
|

Ishtari
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 19:06:00 -
[21]
On chaos a thorax or any cruiser will kill a BS no sweat on a few conditions.
1) high slots rapid firing close range weapons, 2)med slots speed/shield boosting 3) low slots damage boosters
tactic to use is really easy: approach at full speed with orbit target at 1km command. Open fire as soon as possible and send drones in early. Unless the BS has close range weapons he ll be unable to track you. So almost no hits on you while you slowly rip him apart.
|

Ishtari
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 19:06:00 -
[22]
On chaos a thorax or any cruiser will kill a BS no sweat on a few conditions.
1) high slots rapid firing close range weapons, 2)med slots speed/shield boosting 3) low slots damage boosters
tactic to use is really easy: approach at full speed with orbit target at 1km command. Open fire as soon as possible and send drones in early. Unless the BS has close range weapons he ll be unable to track you. So almost no hits on you while you slowly rip him apart.
|

Daan
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 19:11:00 -
[23]
Edited by: Daan on 27/08/2003 19:11:43 I got a web on my bs bibi thorax
|

Daan
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 19:11:00 -
[24]
Edited by: Daan on 27/08/2003 19:11:43 I got a web on my bs bibi thorax
|

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 19:59:00 -
[25]
yeah you can deal damage close up, but get webbed and you're..uhm.. fried _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.08.27 19:59:00 -
[26]
yeah you can deal damage close up, but get webbed and you're..uhm.. fried
Purchasing Complex Fullerene Shards, contact me ingame.
|

Chizad
|
Posted - 2003.08.28 00:44:00 -
[27]
These are all interesting suggestions. I never had intentions of soloing a Battleship, however, if the situation presents itself, I may be forced into it one day and like to be prepared. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.
|

Chizad
|
Posted - 2003.08.28 00:44:00 -
[28]
These are all interesting suggestions. I never had intentions of soloing a Battleship, however, if the situation presents itself, I may be forced into it one day and like to be prepared. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.
|

Lartfor
|
Posted - 2003.08.28 01:07:00 -
[29]
A set up i was looking at was 3x 250mm rails, 1x heavy ion cannon, and 1x light nuetron cannon. Set it up with like 4-5 dmg mods, and your cooking. Some seriouse long range dmg (between 80-150 a shot), and some really seriouse close range dmg as well (110-200 a shot with heavy ion, 30-75 a shot with light nuetron). Add 8 drones in there, and i think this is a solid config that works realitivly well for most pvp situations. Med slot should include a EM hardener, shield booster and posibly a tracking comp.
|

Lartfor
|
Posted - 2003.08.28 01:07:00 -
[30]
A set up i was looking at was 3x 250mm rails, 1x heavy ion cannon, and 1x light nuetron cannon. Set it up with like 4-5 dmg mods, and your cooking. Some seriouse long range dmg (between 80-150 a shot), and some really seriouse close range dmg as well (110-200 a shot with heavy ion, 30-75 a shot with light nuetron). Add 8 drones in there, and i think this is a solid config that works realitivly well for most pvp situations. Med slot should include a EM hardener, shield booster and posibly a tracking comp.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |