| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Anslo
The Scope Gallente Federation
3465
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 15:31:00 -
[31] - Quote
Eh, guess my understanding of Caldari culture is off then.
|

Stitcher
Re-Awakened Technologies Inc The 11th Hour Alliance
2392
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 15:32:00 -
[32] - Quote
Anybody who claims to understand Caldari culture is lying. Especially if they are Caldari. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Jennifer Maxwell
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
33
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 15:57:00 -
[33] - Quote
Stitcher wrote:Anybody who claims to understand Caldari culture is lying. Especially if they are Caldari. I couldn't agree with you more. |

Scherezad
Lai Dai Research Spacelane Security
1326
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:02:00 -
[34] - Quote
Oh, a network graph is an excellent idea for mapping cultural traits. I like that! |

Desiderya
Pyre Falcon Defence and Security Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
534
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:17:00 -
[35] - Quote
Stitcher wrote:Anybody who claims to understand Caldari culture is lying. Especially if they are Caldari. What a load of BS. Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise. |

Anatole Madullier
Alexylva Paradox
155
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:23:00 -
[36] - Quote
Funny enough a lot of the procurement and business intelligence classes I took at the Uni started off with a brief explanation about Caldari culture and history before moving on to business models.
Caldari culture and by proxy the Caldari as people were often painted ruthless, corporate, and uncaring.
I found the last thing to be very far from the truth. aÑÉ |

Scherezad
Lai Dai Research Spacelane Security
1327
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:26:00 -
[37] - Quote
Network graphs aren't networks? I feel robbed :( |

Stitcher
Re-Awakened Technologies Inc The 11th Hour Alliance
2395
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:28:00 -
[38] - Quote
Desiderya wrote:Stitcher wrote:Anybody who claims to understand Caldari culture is lying. Especially if they are Caldari. What a load of BS.
The alternative is that they're mistaken. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Anatole Madullier
Alexylva Paradox
157
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:32:00 -
[39] - Quote
Scherezad wrote:Network graphs aren't networks? I feel robbed :(
Actually doctor a network graph is a very good tool to map cultural traits and trace back behaviours that might have a common origin.
You could do this for the state, or you could overlay this on the entire cluster. It would provide some very interesting insight however I do feel it would all still be trying to look to the past instead of, as mentioned before, adapting to what the future might bring. aÑÉ |

Scherezad
Lai Dai Research Spacelane Security
1329
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:35:00 -
[40] - Quote
Anatole Madullier wrote:Scherezad wrote:Network graphs aren't networks? I feel robbed :( Actually doctor a network graph is a very good tool to map cultural traits and trace back behaviours that might have a common origin. You could do this for the state, or you could overlay this on the entire cluster. It would provide some very interesting insight however I do feel it would all still be trying to look to the past instead of, as mentioned before, adapting to what the future might bring. But where are the relation heuristics? :(
Oh.
Ohh.
I could just make some. |

Anatole Madullier
Alexylva Paradox
157
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:41:00 -
[41] - Quote
Scherezad wrote:Anatole Madullier wrote:Scherezad wrote:Network graphs aren't networks? I feel robbed :( Actually doctor a network graph is a very good tool to map cultural traits and trace back behaviours that might have a common origin. You could do this for the state, or you could overlay this on the entire cluster. It would provide some very interesting insight however I do feel it would all still be trying to look to the past instead of, as mentioned before, adapting to what the future might bring. But where are the relation heuristics? :( Oh. Ohh.I could just make some.
I believe at this point and time we are already using objective stereotyping to find relationships between "good" and "bad" Caldari, it is a place to start. aÑÉ |

Scherezad
Lai Dai Research Spacelane Security
1332
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:47:00 -
[42] - Quote
Good and bad Caldari? I'm studying graph branching algorithms.
Oh, right. Yes, that. I'm not much of a social scientist outside of the lab. Unless you'd like a discussion on drone social behaviour. |

Anatole Madullier
Alexylva Paradox
157
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:51:00 -
[43] - Quote
Scherezad wrote:Good and bad Caldari? I'm studying graph branching algorithms.
Oh, right. Yes, that. I'm not much of a social scientist outside of the lab. Unless you'd like a discussion on drone social behaviour.
Actually, how about we meet up for something like that, because I actually am interested in that. aÑÉ |

Scherezad
Lai Dai Research Spacelane Security
1332
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 16:56:00 -
[44] - Quote
Anatole Madullier wrote:Scherezad wrote:Good and bad Caldari? I'm studying graph branching algorithms.
Oh, right. Yes, that. I'm not much of a social scientist outside of the lab. Unless you'd like a discussion on drone social behaviour. Actually, how about we meet up for something like that, because I actually am interested in that. I can get you clearance for Dronehaus if you want to come see my babies :) |

Pieter Tuulinen
Pyre Falcon Defence Cadre XV-01A Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
2335
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 17:34:00 -
[45] - Quote
Stitcher wrote:Anybody who claims to understand Caldari culture is lying. Especially if they are Caldari.
I tend to find that thinking about being Caldari is a bit like thinking about breathing. The dissection of it interrupts it's continuation, somewhat. |

Desiderya
Pyre Falcon Defence and Security Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
535
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 19:08:00 -
[46] - Quote
I'd agree that explaining it to outsiders can be quite tough. Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise. |

Pieter Tuulinen
Pyre Falcon Defence Cadre XV-01A Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
2335
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 19:32:00 -
[47] - Quote
Desiderya wrote:I'd agree that explaining it to outsiders can be quite tough.
I like to think I know it when I see it, though. |

Lyn Farel
Kitzless
637
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 19:56:00 -
[48] - Quote
Those threads about being Matari or Caldari, and this hyper-obsession over cultural identity, often makes one wonder if the clear, artificial distinction between natives and strangers as an excuse to elude the crux of the matter in public, is not actually a way to build artificial walls behind which said natives willfully hide because they are themselves looking for what truly is to be a true Caldari, or a true Matari...
Mhhh. |

Erys Charantes
University of Caille Gallente Federation
36
|
Posted - 2013.11.14 23:56:00 -
[49] - Quote
Veikitamo Gesakaarin wrote:Erys Charantes wrote:To put it simply... People will believe, and proclaim, absolutely anything that supports their ends. Those taking the time to try and convince others such is not the case, are either lying, or deluded. A good thing then that I have no ends but my duty and obligations, and am one of the honest few with no agenda to hide or words to lie. As you say. |

Constantin Baracca
243
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 00:13:00 -
[50] - Quote
Lyn Farel wrote:Those threads about being Matari or Caldari, and this hyper-obsession over cultural identity, often makes one wonder if the clear, artificial distinction between natives and strangers as an excuse to elude the crux of the matter in public, is not actually a way to build artificial walls behind which said natives willfully hide because they are themselves looking for what truly is to be a true Caldari, or a true Matari...
Mhhh.
Do you like cognac? "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"
-Matthew 16:26 |

Desiderya
Pyre Falcon Defence and Security Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
535
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 00:34:00 -
[51] - Quote
Lyn Farel wrote:Those threads about being Matari or Caldari, and this hyper-obsession over cultural identity, often makes one wonder if the clear, artificial distinction between natives and strangers as an excuse to elude the crux of the matter in public, is not actually a way to build artificial walls behind which said natives willfully hide because they are themselves looking for what truly is to be a true Caldari, or a true Matari...
Mhhh.
No, we only do this to exclude the likes of you. Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise. |

Gwen Ikiryo
Perkone Caldari State
175
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 02:09:00 -
[52] - Quote
Desiderya wrote:Stitcher wrote:Anybody who claims to understand Caldari culture is lying. Especially if they are Caldari. What a load of BS.
While I won't attempt to judge if Hakatain-haan's statement is at all objectively correct, or attempt to profess any personal understanding as to what the true essences of Caldari Culture are and if indeed there is a "true" set of values from which all others are deviations (Or "Heresies", if you'll forgive the slightly crude analogy for which I intend no negative connotations), I will say that I have seen less sunsets then I have heard definitions of what it means to be "Caldari". And I mean from State-raised individuals, not foreigners.
Though obviously, the devil is always in the details, not the overall ideas. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
1608
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 05:14:00 -
[53] - Quote
In regards to foreign affairs, a "Good" Caldari just wants their State to be left alone with it's assets, people, and territory safe and secure.
"Bad" Caldari are those who wish to expand aggressively, to begin conflicts and wage war, to spread messages of hate and fanaticism and in a twist of poetic irony, become the very things that the Caldari originally found upsetting about the Federation.
As I always say. The story of Heth and the Provist is the story of trying to prove to the cluster that the Caldari are supreme, that they will succeed wherever the Federation has failed. Yet similar to the ancient tragic dramas, the only thing they managed to prove was that the Caldari were no less fallible than we were. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Incindir Mauser
Adhocracy Incorporated Adhocracy
279
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 05:37:00 -
[54] - Quote
Good Caldari. The one that pays me on time.
Bad Caldari. The one who has a corpse floating in the heat-less void for not paying me on time. |

Pieter Tuulinen
Pyre Falcon Defence Cadre XV-01A Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
2335
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 06:25:00 -
[55] - Quote
Whoa, watch out. We clearly have quite the badass here. |

Saya Ishikari
Akagi Initiative
41
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 07:44:00 -
[56] - Quote
Incindir Mauser wrote: Good Caldari. The one that pays me on time.
Bad Caldari. The one who has a corpse floating in the heat-less void for not paying me on time.
At the risk of trolling my own thread...
This message brought to you by... Rent a Thug! Rent a Thug, when you simply can't afford to lose anything of cobsequence in the attempt!
Rent a Thug!... "Whose you guys need hoit?"
We now return to our regularly scheduled programming. |

Anatole Madullier
Alexylva Paradox
157
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 14:22:00 -
[57] - Quote
Incindir Mauser wrote: Good Caldari. The one that pays me on time.
Bad Caldari. The one who has a corpse floating in the heat-less void for not paying me on time.
That beard is way to styled to be a good Caldari, are you sure you haven't been watching those Gallentean makeover shows beau? aÑÉ |

Lyn Farel
Kitzless
637
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 23:21:00 -
[58] - Quote
Constantin Baracca wrote:Lyn Farel wrote:Those threads about being Matari or Caldari, and this hyper-obsession over cultural identity, often makes one wonder if the clear, artificial distinction between natives and strangers as an excuse to elude the crux of the matter in public, is not actually a way to build artificial walls behind which said natives willfully hide because they are themselves looking for what truly is to be a true Caldari, or a true Matari...
Mhhh. Do you like cognac?
What ? Why ?
Desiderya wrote:Lyn Farel wrote:Those threads about being Matari or Caldari, and this hyper-obsession over cultural identity, often makes one wonder if the clear, artificial distinction between natives and strangers as an excuse to elude the crux of the matter in public, is not actually a way to build artificial walls behind which said natives willfully hide because they are themselves looking for what truly is to be a true Caldari, or a true Matari...
Mhhh. No, we only do this to exclude the likes of you.
I apologize if I hit a nerve... It was not intended. |

Constantin Baracca
247
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 23:24:00 -
[59] - Quote
Lyn Farel wrote:Constantin Baracca wrote:Lyn Farel wrote:Those threads about being Matari or Caldari, and this hyper-obsession over cultural identity, often makes one wonder if the clear, artificial distinction between natives and strangers as an excuse to elude the crux of the matter in public, is not actually a way to build artificial walls behind which said natives willfully hide because they are themselves looking for what truly is to be a true Caldari, or a true Matari...
Mhhh. Do you like cognac? What ? Why ?
Just wondering.  "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"
-Matthew 16:26 |

Lyn Farel
Kitzless
637
|
Posted - 2013.11.15 23:49:00 -
[60] - Quote
I am afraid that I am not much into alcoholic beverages and self-inebriation...
But I really do not understand what this has to do with the matter at hand ? |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |