| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Zakgram
|
Posted - 2006.07.08 21:18:00 -
[31]
I gave up after taking about 2.5 reloads to kill a single Dakanas (mixture of Therm & Expl cruises) meant I had to warp out - and by the time I got repped and back in the entire group were there. Shield lasts about 20 seconds and with rep going about 30 and that's not long enough to get a single frig down to armour. Fortunately they hadn't managed to scramble me on either attempt.
Suffice to say was happy to take the near 1.0 standing loss with my agent. Next mission... right hand of....
|

Zakgram
|
Posted - 2006.07.08 23:23:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Zakgram
Suffice to say was happy to take the near 1.0 standing loss with my agent. Next mission... right hand of....
Grr... and after zzzazzzzzzzz guess what I got next. Go on.. guess. Yes! "We've detected an illegal settlement in..." sigh
|

RossT
|
Posted - 2006.07.09 10:35:00 -
[33]
Hi Peeps,
Ive just stepped into lvl 4 missions. I dont solo i normally play with a friend who flys a ferox. Now how can i set my megathron for this mission because it just happens its my first lvl 4 this one...
Do NOS's actually work in missions nvr had to use them only in pvp?
Ooo its abit weird posting on these forums i always read just nvr post. :)
Thanks
|

Krav
|
Posted - 2006.07.09 17:39:00 -
[34]
Originally by: RossT Hi Peeps,
Ive just stepped into lvl 4 missions. I dont solo i normally play with a friend who flys a ferox. Now how can i set my megathron for this mission because it just happens its my first lvl 4 this one...
Do NOS's actually work in missions nvr had to use them only in pvp?
Ooo its abit weird posting on these forums i always read just nvr post. :)
Thanks
Posting is fun you should do it more 
NPC's have a limited cap and recharge like normal ships. Heavy NOS on a frig doesn't work for very long because you deplete the cap and then there's nothing to NOS. NOS'ing a crusier, BC, or BS will last you a lot longer.
Have no advice on megathron's setup, because gallente just didn't stick with me. Its all Amarr now baby 
Ferox setup: well, since the later spawns will be as likely to aggro the ferox as much as the megathron, it will have to be tanked for l4s. That means passive shield tank, 2 hardeners and 3 Large Shield Extender IIs. Low slots include shield power relays for shield recharge rate.
Glad to help. Krav ===== Close encounter of the Hijack kind? Impossible. Unless it is as bad as I think... And if they were out to get m-- |

Mangus Thermopyle
|
Posted - 2006.07.09 22:10:00 -
[35]
I soloed enemy abound 5/5 in a shield tanked domi.
Its hard, but far from impossible. You need some faction stuff though (in my case, gisti xlarge shield booster and 2 37.5 shield boost amps).
|

TanSpectra
|
Posted - 2006.07.10 12:13:00 -
[36]
Edited by: TanSpectra on 10/07/2006 12:14:22 Um I solo this one in a normal raven. I lost a few ravens on it b4 I got a setup that worked.
The 2 resistence setups I use are 2 Inv II's and a kinetic II 1 Inv II kinetic II and a explosive II
after the third wave sometimes I warp out and fit a em hardner (this is possible because the last 2 wave arrive close enough together that you fight them both at once anyway)
Good resistence seems to be the key to the mission.
I use dg boost amps you really need that edge.
Allmost forgot use explosive ammo does more than kinetic even on thier shields.
|

Wrayeth
Tabula Rasa Systems The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2006.12.19 04:11:00 -
[37]
I can confirm that you can solo this in a t1 raven.
6 siege II 2 medium nos
1 Gist X-Type X-Large booster 1 Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier 2 Cap Recharger II 2 Dread Guristas Invulnerability Field
2 Ballistic Control II 3 PDU II
Lots of hammerheads
Ammo:
3/4 inferno torpedos for everything but the darkanas 1/4 bane torpedos for the darkanas (switch as needed)
Take out the battleships first. When there are no battleships left, take the heavy missile batteries from the initial spawn, then the cruisers. Ignore the frigs unless they're warp scrambling you or unless there are no larger ships left.
At the beginning, I normally break downwards to get some range from the spawn point, thus giving me more time to kill whatever pops in before it's in range to shoot.
Note about Darkanas: they die easily enough to bane torpedos; they're weak against explosive, whereas everything else is weak against thermal. 8 volleys of banes from 6 siege II's with 2 ballistic control II's will finish one off quite nicely. -Wrayeth "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"
Might As well Train Another Race |

Aramendel
Amarr Queens of the Stone Age Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2006.12.19 15:08:00 -
[38]
Just curious - what do you get as mission reward there? A random +5% implant?
|

Coerzium
|
Posted - 2006.12.19 21:18:00 -
[39]
Wondering that too... I'm on pt4 at the moment and just feel like I'm wasting my time with this - taking forever, no bounties and just the couple of mill reward at the end.
|

cyberamarr
|
Posted - 2006.12.19 21:42:00 -
[40]
you really should loot all the wrecks ... you will find gallente gavy tags that can be sold for several million isk on caldari navy staions. 40-45 mil iskies just from 1/5-4/5
|

Liquid Vision
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.12.20 00:38:00 -
[41]
Edited by: Liquid Vision on 20/12/2006 00:40:17 Man. . .and I thought I was the only one have problems with this mission.
However, I soloed it in a normal T2 Raven. You just have to fit the right things and shoot the right missiles.
6x Arbalest Cruise Launcher 2x Heavy Dimm Nos
1x Barton Cap Recharger 1x Shield Amplifier I 1x XL-Shield Booster (C5-L Emergency or w/e) 1x Kinetic Hardener T2 2x Invulnerability Field T2
2x BCU T2 3x PDS T2
5x Hammerhead in drone bay
Get there as fast as you can. Warp in and pop all the cruisers first and then start working on the Phoon/Tempest. The baby frigs can be nossed and then done in by your drones. Start warping off back towards a stargate/planet. Where most people screw up is they don't fit the right hardeners and take the right missiles. The Dakana's do a MASSIVE amount of EM damage. . .so invul hardeners are more important than explosive ones. Second, the Dakanas are weakest to explosive damage. . .so knock off the other ships with your thermal missiles and then switch to explosive for the Dakana.
I kill every spawn until the last two. By then the Freedom Patriots and Libertys are really kicking my butt and then the last fat group of Dakanas warps in. I knock off the cruisers and the Libertys (the Phoons) and then warp out. Then I go fit 2xEM hardener T2 and I come back and finish off the Dakanas when they can't hurt me as bad.
Only 1 warp out for that mission isnt bad at all considering no faction gear. Only ridiculous part is that they don't really give out bounties except for the turrets and the Libertys and the loot is only so-so (except for the tags which sell nicely). Give me my damn picture already! |

Alesandra
Caldari CAS Technologies and Logistics
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 15:27:00 -
[42]
I haven't tried this one recently, but would like to now given my current Raven setup....
6x Arbi Cruise 1x TB Hvy Nos 1x Hvy Dimin Nos
Gist B-Type XL SB Pith B-Type Amp DG invul T2 Invul T2 Ballistic T2 EM
3x T2 Power Diag 2x BCU II
RIGS: Bay Accelerator Calefraction
Also I am using a mix of Low-Grade and standard Crystal implants. (getting 1117 shields per cycle from my booster)
As most sensible ppl I do take BOTH thermal and Explosive missiles to this mission when I have done it in the past.... Would love to see how my new setup holds up... :)
|

Cupdeez
Vengeance of the Fallen Curse Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 16:49:00 -
[43]
Some people ***** me up.. I can run every lvl 4 missions with out a problem.. I never look to see how to run them i ask for a missions and hit accept and do it...
I don't use any fration, officer, or anything else that is very expensive.
My setup is all T2 Mods so the ship is expensive but not crazy expensive.
T2 Guns, T2 Invul, T2 PDU's, T2 10mn afterburner, T2 damage mod.
The longest LVL 4 missoins takes me about 1 hour and 30 mins to run but most of them take 30 mins.
Total ship and mods cost around 300 mil.
Signature filesize exceeds max limit of 24000 bytes. Mail us if you have questions -Eldo Davip |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |