| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.13 22:56:00 -
[1]
...just don't expect to make a profit if you don't already have the stuff.
Caldari Navy Raven (I don't think a normal one would hack it)
Hi's 7 x Tech 2 Cruise loaded with Devastators 1 x Heavy Nosferatu (A large explosive smartbomb might have been a good idea)
Med's Cap recharger II Caldari Navy Sheild Boost Amp Tech II Ballistic Deflection Field Gist B-type Ballistic Deflection field Gist X-type Explosion Dampening Field Gist X-type Extra Large Shield Booster
Low's 3 x Caldari Navy Ballistic Control Units 2 x Power Diag II's
Drones 7 x Valkyrie (I's, because my drone skills suck)
It is ESSENTIAL that you setup your ship BEFORE you accept the mission. From what I have seen the timer that controls the other spawns runs even when you are just docked in the station, so if you hang around you may find more than the original spawn at the start. You need to accept the mission, then launch and go there IMMEDIATELY.
Warp in, line up for a warp out (just in case) then kill the ships and missile batteries. Then target the gate (obviously as time is of the essence you should NEVER be sat on this mission with an empty target buffer, waiting for something to lock up). I kept a range of 80km to the gate.
The second spawn is small and easily dealt with, then immediately go back to the gate. Pull in your drones between each spawn so they don't get targetted. You should find the third spawn arrives with a tiny bit of the gate to go...I finished off the gate before switching. Once the gate is dead, start heading towards you warp point...this gives you some extra time for the next spawns, which arrive without much time in between. Obviously target the support frigs at a distance so you do more damage to them as they are microwarping towards you (question; why does THEIR microwarp work in deadspace?)
I will try to analyse my combat logs to see what there is and update this post.
Lastly, to those whinging about the reward from this set of missions, I deliverately collected and kept back ALL the tags. They sell to NPC demand in most stations, and I got;
29 Gallente Navy Command Sergeant Major Insignia I at 45,000 each 10 Gallente Navy Fleet Captain Insignia I at 50,000 each 7 Gallente Navy Fleet Colonel Insignia I at 499,999.99 each 42 Gallente Navy Fleet Colonel Insignia II at 750,000 each 23 Gallente Navy Fleet Major Insignia I at 100,000 each 17 Gallente Navy Sergeant Insignia I at 20,000 each 15 Gallente Navy Sergeant Insignia II at 25,000 each 31 Gallente Navy Sergeant Insignia III at 30,000 each 4 Republic Fleet Captain Insignia I at 50,000 each 5 Republic FLeet Commander Insignia I at 499,999.99 each 20 Republic Fleet Commander Insignia II at 750,000 each 7 Republic Fleet High Captain Insignia I at 100,000 each 9 Republic Fleet Private Insignia III at 30,000 each 3 Republic Fleet Private Insignia V at 45,000 each
Total from these tags...59,554,999.88 ISK. Personally I don't think 12 mill a mission is a bad rate, and that's not even including the rest of the loot and the actual rewards themselves.
Originally by: Avon Your sig is always a welcome sight... ...it means I've got to the end of your post.
|

Amateratsu
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 07:17:00 -
[2]
Nice Post, very interesting...
one question, How are you running 7 x Valkyrie (I's, because my drone skills suck)? Since RMR you can only control a Max of 5 Drones unless your flying a Capital ship...
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 07:52:00 -
[3]
Seven in the drone bay doesn't mean I have 7 in the air . The other two are spares in case of attrition...
Originally by: Avon Your sig is always a welcome sight... ...it means I've got to the end of your post.
|

Grenouille
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 07:58:00 -
[4]
i have a question for you if i may...
if we do lvl 4 missions in 2 ppl is the other guy that helps getting standing with that lvl 4 agent? Is he getting LP to him aswell? Does he has an advantage at all with that agent?
Many thanks!
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 08:06:00 -
[5]
No, no and no, unfortunately. Only the guy who hits "accept" for the mission gets any standing or loyalty points. Others will only get share in bounties and whatever loot they manage to hoover.
Originally by: Avon Your sig is always a welcome sight... ...it means I've got to the end of your post.
|

Buraken v2
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 10:06:00 -
[6]
Whats the fuss about this mission? just use a zealot and ure fine, though i use centum med rep and centum hardeners but still, cheaper then that raven.. :)
|

JonShannow
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 15:17:00 -
[7]
WD thought it could not be as hard as the nay sayers said it was, might take a bash at 5/5 with a corp mate tonight, got 4/4 to complete atm.
Jon.
P.S HA was short from Haine Alliance, had a guy called grey area was around when I last played, was wondering if it was you.
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 16:32:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Buraken v2 Whats the fuss about this mission? just use a zealot and ure fine, though i use centum med rep and centum hardeners but still, cheaper then that raven.. :)
You can kill a Darkana in a Zealot? And they say HACs are not overpowered...
Originally by: Avon Your sig is always a welcome sight... ...it means I've got to the end of your post.
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.14 18:36:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Grey Area on 14/02/2006 18:37:03
Originally by: JonShannow WD thought it could not be as hard as the nay sayers said it was, might take a bash at 5/5 with a corp mate tonight, got 4/4 to complete atm.
Jon.
With a support ship it's a doddle to finish the mission. I would stress that having a NAVY Raven is, I think, a big step up compared to the normal version. There were times I was down to 50% shield and quite low cap...for a normal Raven that would translate to "VERY low shield", plus, that extra launcher is 16% more damage you are doing, and even I wasn't killing ALL the later spawns before the next one arrived.
Might experiment swapping out the cap recharger for a sensor booster...the faster locking time could contribute quite a lot, plus I noticed my "run away" technique was causing me to be too far away from the later incoming spawns to lock them.
MOST important though is that timing advice...accept, launch, warp is the way to go...
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Darkekard
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 00:17:00 -
[10]
This shouldn't require much, if you are just trying to complete the mission, I believe all you have to do is kill a specific building, can't remember which one though. Kill that and bail. If you want what drops from it, kill it, drop BM, complete mission with agent, and then go back for the can.
|

mememem
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 04:46:00 -
[11]
I helped a freind with this mission... He had been trying it for a while, and by the time i got there, all the spawns were out. Was rather frightening jumping in on 17 or so bs all shooting the crap out of you.... So i jumped back out immediately, came back in a inti with ab and ran like buggery from the gate. All the npcs followed me, including a few frigs that could almost keep up with me. This allowed my freind to jump in in his vanilla raven, and gank the crap out of them all.
Loot was quite good compared to most missions... named stuff from 90% of cans.
|

Hotice
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 07:24:00 -
[12]
Why bother even doing this mission? You take a massive standing hit toward gallente empire. 6-8 of this mission will make you KOS to gallente navy. Risk doesn't equal the reward! It will take you 70+ missions to fix the standing lost from doing one of this mission. |

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 08:33:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Darkekard This shouldn't require much, if you are just trying to complete the mission, I believe all you have to do is kill a specific building, can't remember which one though. Kill that and bail. If you want what drops from it, kill it, drop BM, complete mission with agent, and then go back for the can.
That wasn't my ambition though. The point was, to see if it was possible to stick around and clear up all the ships and not have to warp out.
Originally by: Hotice Why bother even doing this mission? You take a massive standing hit toward gallente empire. 6-8 of this mission will make you KOS to gallente navy. Risk doesn't equal the reward! It will take you 70+ missions to fix the standing lost from doing one of this mission.
'cos it's fun, and I don't really travel to Gallente space anyway, and my Diplomacy skill gives me a bit of added protection.
Plus I'm figuring this whole "edition" of EVE is about making you declare for one side or the other, so I'm just playing along.
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Gun Kata
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 13:43:00 -
[14]
Grey Area - thanks for this update.
I am looking forward to having another go with this.
"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f*** how crazy they are." |

Buraken v2
|
Posted - 2006.02.15 22:57:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Grey Area
Originally by: Buraken v2 Whats the fuss about this mission? just use a zealot and ure fine, though i use centum med rep and centum hardeners but still, cheaper then that raven.. :)
You can kill a Darkana in a Zealot? And they say HACs are not overpowered...
yea, i use 4 HS and alot of patience :) and sometimes a wingman if I get the privilage.
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.16 17:13:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Grey Area on 16/02/2006 17:13:48
Originally by: Buraken v2 yea, i use 4 HS and alot of patience :) and sometimes a wingman if I get the privilage.
I would LOVE to see how you do this solo though...a wingman kind of defeats the point of the whole topic. I've done this in a CN Raven, but it was far from easy, and you just stroll up in a zealot and...well, it just doesn't seem right. So do me the honour of answering these questions;
1. What's the setup in terms of tanking? I thought Zealots were mainly armour tankers, but if you are using 4 HS....?
2. I accept that if you keep the speed up, the BS won't worry you so much as they cannot hit you...but surely you have to kill the cruisers?
3. Do you stick around until ALL the spawns have appeared? I mean, the gate takes 250,000 HP to kill, which even WITH your 4 heatsinks is going to take you a very long time indeed - and that's not allowing for any time you might have to spend killing the cruisers and support frigates (and those you MUST have to kill, or they are going to web you and then the BS will make you pay).
So, in general...give us a bit more detail please. I'm very curious to know if I'm risking a 2 billion ISK ship on this mission wqhen I could be doing it just as easily in a 250 mill one...
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.22 19:06:00 -
[17]
*bump* for the benefit of someone who was asking about it.
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

StoreSlem
|
Posted - 2006.02.22 23:57:00 -
[18]
I couldn't even do it with 2 accounts :o The last spawns spawned too soon after each other and a lot of them aggroed my 'soft' target, had to warp out when there was 2 1/2 wave remaining. Couldn't take on the rest as they'd all spawned by the time I could get back there.
"If you were experiencing a lag, it was not server related." |

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.02.23 23:44:00 -
[19]
That's the problem with a two ship setup...you always end up with a "softer" target, and the spawns that come in after you now target randomly. Corpmate and I had to run from this one because of that very reason, and you're right, if you are forced to leave you are pretty much toast on this one.
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Loca
|
Posted - 2006.02.25 20:19:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Loca on 25/02/2006 20:19:46 How many torpedos do you think are needed to take the gate down? I'm wondering if I can destroy the gate before the second spawn.
Thanks
EDIT: Sorry, just seen it in your post 
|

Buraken v2
|
Posted - 2006.02.26 01:04:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Grey Area Edited by: Grey Area on 16/02/2006 17:13:48
Originally by: Buraken v2 yea, i use 4 HS and alot of patience :) and sometimes a wingman if I get the privilage.
I would LOVE to see how you do this solo though
Sure i'll fraps it next time.
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.03.02 10:15:00 -
[22]
Just a note...swapped out the T2 Cap recharger for a sensor booster II, and did it again. Seemed a bit easier, because once I killed the first wave I strated moving off to range, and with the sensor boster I could target the incoming waves at up to 150km, giving me much more time to kill them. Also means I targetted those pesky support frigates a lot faster too.
Rather than the complicated setup for two ships, one using a dedicated shield transfer, I suspect two "standard" Ravens, both fitted for damage and a resaonable tank could walk this mission, as long as they followed the rules regarding timing. (i.e. don't hang about)
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Zuquar Bonaparte
|
Posted - 2006.03.02 19:05:00 -
[23]
iv allso solo,d this mission in a shield tanking machariel-wasnt so hard just cost a lot to fit for it:(
|

Toaster Oven
|
Posted - 2006.03.02 19:31:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Grey Area You can kill a Darkana in a Zealot? And they say HACs are not overpowered...
You can kill a Darkana in a Caracal. Does that make it overpowered too? 
|

VaderDSL
|
Posted - 2006.03.04 09:38:00 -
[25]
Thank you indeed Grey Area, hopefully this guide will enable myself and some corp mates to successfully complete this last mission, I must say these 5 missions have been the most fun I have had with lvl 4s in a long time :)
Plus uit is fun smartbombing 5 interceptors and making them all pop simultaneously
|

Princess Ghost
|
Posted - 2006.03.05 00:39:00 -
[26]
As said this is a real good mission its just a pity the rats dont have bounties.
I go in with my rattlesnake fitted with hardeners for all 4 types of damage 50% therm and kin 59.5% EM and a 64% Expl I'm using T2 siege and Banes (Ex Dam)
I have a raven fitted out with 4 hardeners 1 of each type all T2 and 6 T2 cruise with Devastator missiles (EXP Dam again)
These 2 take out the rats while I use a deimos to start on the gate (5x Heavy Ion II 3x energized adaptive nano 1 exp hardener)
The rattlesnake and raven take out the ships with no probs and help finish off the gate before the first wave of reinforcements arrives.
A side note the reinforcements have spawned on me after the gate has popped.
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.03.05 23:48:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Princess Ghost A side note the reinforcements have spawned on me after the gate has popped.
They always do...
I've done this mission with native (ie 0%) EM resistance, but then the CNR has a nice fat shield. Also, not all the incomign ships will target you...some will target your friends...I think two fo you shoudl be plenty to do this one...but (and I can't stress this enough) it is the TIMING that is crucial...get mission, launch, do mission. Do not faff around. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 ISK. Just get your butt to the mission site and do it.
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Markie
|
Posted - 2006.03.06 10:51:00 -
[28]
I have done this mission solo in a standard raven, yes it was a pain and I did warp a couple of times but no biggie.
Gisti shield booster 4tw.
ROA Recruitment
ROA Forums |

jarack
|
Posted - 2006.03.06 11:22:00 -
[29]
Sixth Spawn (t = +35 mins) 5 x Republic Fleet C-1 Support frigate 3 x Republic Fleet Darkana
what are these Darkanas anyway?
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2006.03.06 13:47:00 -
[30]
Markie...I'm impressed. I have the Gisti Shield booster too, but I didn't think a standard Raven would have the damage output to keep up with the spawn rate. Well done! How about sharing your whole setup for the rest of us?
jarack - Darkanas are Tempests with knobs on...quite hard to kill, fire Mjolnir Torps and generally are a pain in the ass.
Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |