
Kular
|
Posted - 2006.02.16 20:21:00 -
[1]
I'll agree with Khaldorn, Eve is just another form of entertainment. Personally it has been a problem for me at times, or more so complicating a problem. I've switched majors twice in school, and each time I ended up failing/dropping a couple classes which lead to alot more free time which lead to alot more time on EVE. I switched because I didn't like the classes to start off, they we're good majors and if I worked hard I might have actually made it just fine, but personally I've always valued my "fun" in life and balance between work/stress and home/fun has always been high in the home department.
I also found that Eve isn't a source of my procrastination... as I found my self amazed at what I did when I tried to turn it off. I either play other games, browse the internet, or watch alot more TV... sometimes I just pace/sleep to waste time.... I just procrastinate. I eventually found the best way is to just get my "fix" early on a project like right when I get home, so I can spend the rest of my time working without my mind wandering.
As for going out with friends..... It's a tough choice.. do I drive 30 miles for a few beers and mild entertainment.. Most the time I say, **** it I'll just play Eve when I get back. Sometimes I say **** them, they wasted my time earlier... we all get along good though :>
The main issue I face is with my g/f who really dislikes EVE/Computer in general, but she's also kinda greedy in our time due to a distance relationship atm. I spend all my time with her when we can be together, but if I really need to log on for 30 min I'll ask her if its okay, or wait til shes asleep.
Also- Eve is one of the best addictions I think I can have, I don't drink that much, not into drugs/sex(1-girl man here) and I meet alot of interesting people in Eve and you can actually learn alot about life/people as well. Eve is a mini real world, where peoples behavior effects market/politics ect... and feelins about RL carry over and vise versa, so you can even use eve to model things in society... but thats a whole sperate topic I want to cover with using Eve as a testing ground for Theories in economics and psychology
For God, Empire, and Sarum! |