| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kahz Niverrah
We Are So Troubled Everyone Runs Screaming Moar Tears
12
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 15:55:00 -
[1] - Quote
There's a line of beer from Stone Brewing called Arrogant Bastard. It's a phenomenal beer, but it has a very strong flavor that some people can't handle. The bottle reads:
Quote:This is an aggressive ale. You probably wonGÇÖt like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territoryGÇômaybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you itGÇÖs made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps youGÇÖre mouthing your words as you read this.
While enjoying said beverage recently, it occurred to me that EVE is a lot like this beer. EVE forgoes traditional MMO concepts and instead strives to be something greater, even if that means alienating some of their potential customers. And for that, CCP, I salute you. Please never change.
That is all.
I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main. |

Kahz Niverrah
We Are So Troubled Everyone Runs Screaming Moar Tears
12
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 15:56:00 -
[2] - Quote
Also, for those who have not yet had the pleasure: http://www.arrogantbastard.com I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main. |

Lord Ryan
True Xero
76
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:01:00 -
[3] - Quote
More of a FatBastard myself. -á"Nerf it cause I can't fly it". I want to fly a badass Mon Calamari stlye-ácruiser painted to match my Tron clothes. |

Handsome Hussein
86
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:09:00 -
[4] - Quote
tbh Arrogant Bastard is a terrible beer, you need a dead palette to enjoy it. But that applies to EVE as well. Leaves only the fresh scent of pine. |

Kahz Niverrah
We Are So Troubled Everyone Runs Screaming Moar Tears
12
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:10:00 -
[5] - Quote
Handsome ******* wrote:tbh Arrogant Bastard is a terrible beer, you need a dead palette to enjoy it. But that applies to EVE as well. You have proven my point, sir. I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main. |

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
72
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:11:00 -
[6] - Quote
Handsome ******* wrote: you need a dead palette to enjoy it.
I don't see how being color-blind would affect my enjoyment of beer...
I'm messing with you. I think the word you were looking for was "palate". |

Handsome Hussein
86
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:14:00 -
[7] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:I'm messing with you. I think the word you were looking for was "palate". Thanks. Next time try for more troll.  Leaves only the fresh scent of pine. |

Average Joseph
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
3
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:14:00 -
[8] - Quote
I think EVE is a great first MMO, though. If you can handle it you'll be able to take on just about any kind of game. If you fail you'll still probably approach other MMOs more critically. |

Tear Miner
Republic University Minmatar Republic
10
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:14:00 -
[9] - Quote
The jig is up! You do realize that beer is pretty much just an ad campaign for a-hole beer snobs, right? Honestly it takes like garbage, I'll take a beer in Belgium over that junk any day.
You sir, have been had. |

Kahz Niverrah
We Are So Troubled Everyone Runs Screaming Moar Tears
13
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:18:00 -
[10] - Quote
Tear Miner wrote:The jig is up! You do realize that beer is pretty much just an ad campaign for a-hole beer snobs, right? Honestly it takes like garbage, I'll take a beer in Belgium over that junk any day.
You sir, have been had. To be honest, I've never seen an ad for arrogant bastard in my life. There are some fantastic beers that come out of Belgium, and there are some terrible ones. Region is probably the worst metric you could use to determine a beer's quality. Taste, obviously, is the best, and taste is subjective. I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main. |

Tear Miner
Republic University Minmatar Republic
10
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:21:00 -
[11] - Quote
Kahz Niverrah wrote:Tear Miner wrote:The jig is up! You do realize that beer is pretty much just an ad campaign for a-hole beer snobs, right? Honestly it takes like garbage, I'll take a beer in Belgium over that junk any day.
You sir, have been had. To be honest, I've never seen an ad for arrogant bastard in my life. There are some fantastic beers that come out of Belgium, and there are some terrible ones. Region is probably the worst metric you could use to determine a beer's quality. Taste, obviously, is the best, and taste is subjective.
You're a walking ad, my friend. |

Kahz Niverrah
We Are So Troubled Everyone Runs Screaming Moar Tears
13
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:24:00 -
[12] - Quote
Tear Miner wrote:You're a walking ad, my friend. Mentioning a product in an analogy equates to advertising? Got it. I'll remember that next time. Thanks. I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main. |

Carceret Rinah
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
4
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:26:00 -
[13] - Quote
Tear Miner wrote:Kahz Niverrah wrote:Tear Miner wrote:The jig is up! You do realize that beer is pretty much just an ad campaign for a-hole beer snobs, right? Honestly it takes like garbage, I'll take a beer in Belgium over that junk any day.
You sir, have been had. To be honest, I've never seen an ad for arrogant bastard in my life. There are some fantastic beers that come out of Belgium, and there are some terrible ones. Region is probably the worst metric you could use to determine a beer's quality. Taste, obviously, is the best, and taste is subjective. You're a walking ad, my friend.
Now that you've mentioned it, I have an insatiable craving for Belgian beer. Thanks a lot, you ad-hole. |

Kumq uat
Mercurialis Inc. RAZOR Alliance
42
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:28:00 -
[14] - Quote
I don't always drink beer, but when I do,I prefer a hefeweizen |

Trainwreck McGee
Ghost Ship Inc.
99
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:45:00 -
[15] - Quote
You are all pussies
Warm smoked oatmeal stout or gtfo CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool |

Kahz Niverrah
We Are So Troubled Everyone Runs Screaming Moar Tears
13
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:46:00 -
[16] - Quote
Trainwreck McGee wrote:You are all pussies
Warm smoked oatmeal stout or gtfo I'll be the first to admit I'm not man enough for smoked beer. Tried it on many occasions, just couldn't develop a taste for it. I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main. |

Selinate
77
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:49:00 -
[17] - Quote
Asked my friends if they wanted to play this game. They hate the idea of it. Can't say I blame them, sometimes... |

Tyraeil Starblade
Eleutherian Guard
5
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:51:00 -
[18] - Quote
I enjoy all beer made by good brewers.
Let me be as diplomatic as possible instead of some arrogant bastard. |

Handsome Hussein
86
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:55:00 -
[19] - Quote
All I have to say is that I'm lucky enough to live in a craft-brewing state. Leaves only the fresh scent of pine. |

Kumq uat
Mercurialis Inc. RAZOR Alliance
45
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:56:00 -
[20] - Quote
Hard to find a smoked beer here in the states. Shiner did one for awhile but no longer sell it. Not that I am a huge beer person but it sounds interesting enough to try. |

Jokerface666
Ever Flow Northern Coalition.
78
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 16:58:00 -
[21] - Quote
Kahz Niverrah wrote:There's a line of beer from Stone Brewing called Arrogant Bastard. It's a phenomenal beer, but it has a very strong flavor that some people can't handle. The bottle reads: Quote:This is an aggressive ale. You probably wonGÇÖt like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territoryGÇômaybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you itGÇÖs made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps youGÇÖre mouthing your words as you read this. While enjoying said beverage recently, it occurred to me that EVE is a lot like this beer. EVE forgoes traditional MMO concepts and instead strives to be something greater, even if that means alienating some of their potential customers. And for that, CCP, I salute you. Please never change. That is all.
i fully support this product and service! ------------------------------w00t w00t rapetrain------------------------------ |

engjin
The Konvergent League Shades of Gray
8
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 17:39:00 -
[22] - Quote
Kumq uat wrote:I don't always drink beer, but when I do,I prefer a hefeweizen
lol |

Lord Ryan
True Xero
76
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 17:53:00 -
[23] - Quote
Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse only good beer! Has to be on tap, bootles of imported beer tend to be off. Corona will do if have to have a bottle.
Only one maybe two downside(s) to Eve Online MMO. And fixing it is easy as ABC or 123. First fix would be to remove 'M" from Eve Online, you know the M "M" O. Second fix would be to remove CCP from Eve Online. Come to think of it removing the online part of Eve Online would be cool too! -á"Nerf it cause I can't fly it". I want to fly a badass Mon Calamari stlye-ácruiser painted to match my Tron clothes. |

Kumq uat
Mercurialis Inc. RAZOR Alliance
49
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 18:01:00 -
[24] - Quote
Corona? Really? I find I really don't like it. It tastes flat and flavorless. |

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
197
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 18:29:00 -
[25] - Quote
Lord Ryan wrote:Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse only good beer! Has to be on tap, bootles of imported beer tend to be off. Corona will do if have to have a bottle.
Only one maybe two downside(s) to Eve Online MMO. And fixing it is easy as ABC or 123. First fix would be to remove 'M" from Eve Online, you know the M "M" O. Second fix would be to remove CCP from Eve Online. Come to think of it removing the online part of Eve Online would be cool too!
Perhaps we should remove the alcohol content from beer as well while we are at it... To kill the enemy and break their toys!
It's not so much a mission statement,-áit's more like a family motto. |

Jenshae Chiroptera
100
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 18:32:00 -
[26] - Quote
Average Joseph wrote:I think EVE is a great first MMO, though. If you can handle it you'll be able to take on just about any kind of game. If you fail you'll still probably approach other MMOs more critically.
EVE as a first MMO? Then you will be bored by almost all the other games. CSM do you think? No matter the changes, high sec people chose the safests. Lots of stick and they will leave. Half the problem is the players in null sec; we do not want to be there with you. |

Handsome Hussein
87
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 18:37:00 -
[27] - Quote
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:EVE as a first MMO? Then you will be bored by almost all the other games. This is true, I have no plans to try other MMOs. Leaves only the fresh scent of pine. |

Lord Ryan
True Xero
76
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 18:42:00 -
[28] - Quote
Ranger 1 wrote:Lord Ryan wrote:Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse only good beer! Has to be on tap, bootles of imported beer tend to be off. Corona will do if have to have a bottle.
Only one maybe two downside(s) to Eve Online MMO. And fixing it is easy as ABC or 123. First fix would be to remove 'M" from Eve Online, you know the M "M" O. Second fix would be to remove CCP from Eve Online. Come to think of it removing the online part of Eve Online would be cool too! Perhaps we should remove the alcohol content from beer as well while we are at it...
You sir deserve a good podding! -á"Nerf it cause I can't fly it". I want to fly a badass Mon Calamari stlye-ácruiser painted to match my Tron clothes. |

Ryllic Sin
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
1
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 18:56:00 -
[29] - Quote
Eve forgoes very few traditional MMO concepts, in most respects it is barely any different to playing most MMOs on a PvP server (even more so MMOs that allow looting), as an alleged sandbox is very limited.
Its most distingusihig feature is the high number of pretentious types that think what is a fairly simple game, is "complex" or different. |

Kumq uat
Mercurialis Inc. RAZOR Alliance
49
|
Posted - 2011.11.04 19:07:00 -
[30] - Quote
Ryllic Sin wrote:Eve forgoes very few traditional MMO concepts, in most respects it is barely any different to playing most MMOs on a PvP server (even more so MMOs that allow looting), as an alleged sandbox is very limited.
Its most distingusihig feature is the high number of pretentious types that think what is a fairly simple game, is "complex" or different.
Alt/10 |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |