| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Plasmatique
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 16:07:00 -
[31]
Quote: ore thieves are good for missle practice 
a kestrel and cruise missles are my best friend.
*nods*
If it weren't for ore thiefs my positive security rating would just be out of control, that would be unacceptable
..................................... Proud Owner of a Navy Issue Raven
|

Kalhan
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 16:20:00 -
[32]
They are aready many threads on this. I keep on saying the same thing in all of them. How about I bump them all to the top so you can all read and I don't have to repoint out everything again.
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 16:22:00 -
[33]
nooooooooooooooooo please no, god no, not you.... not you....

----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Kalhan
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 16:28:00 -
[34]
lol should I get more?
|

Carbon
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 17:32:00 -
[35]
Quote: Edited by: j0sephine on 10/09/2003 16:05:25
"Ahem! Secure containers were never meant for mining, so PLEASE stop suggesting them as the obvious alternative to standard jettison cans.
They are meant for secure cargo drops, such as ammo and equipment, in remote space."
... 'Tis incorrect, pure and simple.
"CCP has decided to meet players halfway by implementing secure containers that can be bought on the market and have the advantage of being equipped with a password lock. These containers cost money and do not hold the vast amount of ore that the regular containers do. However, with good organization and frequent ore pickups using Industrial ships, they can be very useful for large scale mining operations."
(from the recent Support article on ore stealing)
Large scale mining operations.. they must mean an armada of three Probes! 
|

Saladin
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 17:52:00 -
[36]
Quote: ore thievery amazes me, mostly because I can't believe that people would be whiny enough to whine about it.
The very few times I mine, I use jet-cans. Mainly because I'm lazy, and only need to mine a certain amount of ore.
If someone comes along and steals it, I have nobody to blame but myself.
I *could* have used secure cans.
I *could* have mined to my hold.
I *could* have employed a hauler.
But I didn't. I know the risks, and I take the risks.
But I won't complain if someone sees the easy money they could be making...
Remember, if you stop people stealing from your jet-cans, they'll either hold them to ransom, or just destroy them.
there are many reasons to use secure cans, and anyone that doesn't bother should be prepared to take the consequences.
secure can mining has no risk at all.
jet-can mining has risk, but allows for far greater efficiency. The risk is a payoff for that efficiency.
Secure cans are a good idea. However the only one that comes close to being useful is the giant secure container (3900 m3 - wish it were more). The problem is that giant secure containers are bugged, you can't set a password for them, and as such they are not secure.
I saw some people complaining about an Ore Thief in Yulai yesterday. It was almost as entertaining as the Amarr Navy Colonel's chasing me :) My point is, if you are going to do jet can mining, do it in a system that not many people frequent. Don't do it in the highway hub. You can check this from you map settings by checking the number of players in the system. --------------------------- (c) Copyright Saladin, 2005. Any editing of this post by a third party will be in violation United States Internet Copyright law 46525 of 2003. |

Kalhan
|
Posted - 2003.09.11 15:28:00 -
[37]
The Corporation of Techell Bands together to stop Ore Thieves.
They seemed to have posted on the wrong forum so I thought I would help them out.
Here you go
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |