| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

KIPPAN
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 01:50:00 -
[1]
Edited by: KIPPAN on 10/09/2003 02:05:16 Ore theiving is vital for ship production.
Here is why:
Drop mining (jettison ore into a can and continuing to fill it by dragging ore from the cargo hold) is the only practical way to mine the amounts of ore needed for ship production. Yet this method was not intended by CCP, or so they say.
Quote: The regular containers were designed to jettison unwanted items into space or to hold loot from blown up ships. They were designed so that any player could take from them because that was essential for them to function as they were intended.
If the jettison cans was only "intended" for getting rid of unwanted items, then why are they so damn large. No one can ever jettison more trash than they have in the cargo hold. The cargo canister would never have to be bigger then the ships cargo capacity.
Then why are they so big (I think they actually made them larger some patches back)? It's because if they weren't, it would be impossible for people to steal ore. Everyone would just use secure cans or haul it in when cargo bay is full.
So the reason you all can drop mine is to allow ore thieving, and because you need to drop mine to be able to produce ships, we need the ore thieves. Cool, aint it?
|

Darion MacVale
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 01:56:00 -
[2]
*gives Kippan a stick and points him towards a dead horse*
|

KIPPAN
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 01:58:00 -
[3]
Thanks for bothering :)
|

HostageTaker
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 02:14:00 -
[4]
For those that never bothered to read the Peek of the Week....
Pray Miner - CCP
Can you people post this link everytime someone whines about this sh|t?
Btw, I don't steal from people's cans... just here showing you that CCP did have this in mind when designing EvE, so quit your crying...
-HT
|

Lucas De'Thal
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 02:18:00 -
[5]
ore thieves are good for missle practice 
a kestrel and cruise missles are my best friend. ______________________________________________ Hellmar > sorry for the attitude, playing a n00b character through the current state just left me a bit bitter dev chat: Mar 18, 2004
hellmar> "you lot are just so clever you have a good history for out smarting us :-S " dev chat: Feb 12, 2004 |

Darkwolf
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 02:38:00 -
[6]
Quote: Btw, I don't steal from people's cans... just here showing you that CCP did have this in mind when designing EvE, so quit your crying...
If you'll read that yourself, you'll notice the "thief" in the example is someone who takes a person's ore at gunpoint, in low security systems. Essentially, a pirate. This action is both permitted and condoned by CCP. This is not "ore thievery" it is common piracy.
Secondly, ore thieves: Stop trying to justify your actions, and claiming you're "helping" the community. You know what you're doing is immoral, you know you're stealing. Suck it up and deal with it. Quit trying to turn yourselves into selfless martyrs, when you're nothing more than thieves.
Talk about flogging a dead horse.
|

KIPPAN
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 11:46:00 -
[7]
Yes, thieves are bastards. What I was trying to say is that you need them. It's because of them you are given an infinite supply of super large magic canisters that doesn't take up any cargo space, for free.
So next time your ore gets stolen you can thank them and embrace them (preferrably with a swarm of cruise missiles).
|

Alexia Te'Len
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 11:52:00 -
[8]
Without us Ore Thieves a lot of you Miner Escorts would just be sitting on your arses, doing less then you currently do. 
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 11:52:00 -
[9]
blah blah blah
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Miso
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 11:56:00 -
[10]
Jettisoned can=fair game.
Jettison - get rid of, discharge...
...therefore, the can is no longer yours and neither are its contents. All other arguments are irrelevant. FACT. -------------------------------------------- Dead
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 11:58:00 -
[11]
Now the ore thieves I respect are the ones that load up bestowers with WMDs and ABs and steal Bistot from Alliances
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

KIPPAN
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 12:05:00 -
[12]
Edited by: KIPPAN on 10/09/2003 12:07:06 Blah blah blah.
What amazes me is that people that thinks ore thieving is such a lame issue keeps on reading those topics and find the time to comment.
I quess the horse isn't quite dead yet :)
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 12:10:00 -
[13]
The horse has been dead, I just like treating it like a pinata and spraying all you guys with its entrails...
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Darion MacVale
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 12:14:00 -
[14]
Quote: The horse has been dead, I just like treating it like a pinata and spraying all you guys with its entrails...
Sticks and dead horses for everybody! It'll be a fiesta!!!
|

TALLICA
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 12:18:00 -
[15]
I'm a noob. I've only got the second level frigate and I'm busy mining away to earn the isk to buy the top of the range while I'm training for the skills to fly it. So I warp into an asteroid belt today and there's no one around, but there's two cargo containers. I take a look and they're full of ore. I didn't take any, but I hung around to see if anyone came back. When the guy did he told me to 'get away from my cans' then accused me of taking 2000 of his ore and called for back up from one of his corp mates(If I had wanted to steal ore I could have taken more than that as my cargo hold was empty). He has now threatened to kill me.
Sad.
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 12:27:00 -
[16]
tell him to **** off, if he ****s your ship up I'll buy you a new one.
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Zodiac Laserstorm
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 12:29:00 -
[17]
So then, are ore "pirates" annoying? I guess for those that don't want them, yes.
Did CCP want people to use jetsoned cargo cans to be used this way? Nope, they said so a million times by now.
Did any of those that complain about this EVER bother to read the whole reply CCP gives on this matter? Unlikely, as CCP did indeed answer to all of this. The CCs aren't ponly for unwanted obyects, dear friends (Kippan), they also hold the stuff that's left if your ship gets blown up.
So why the big discussion, anyhow? CCP said they never wanted it to be used this way. It's quite clear whoever does it still, does it on their own accord. How about simply NOT doing it then and not give "ore thieves" the chance? 
|

yarr
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 13:10:00 -
[18]
Quote: I'm a noob. I've only got the second level frigate and I'm busy mining away to earn the isk to buy the top of the range while I'm training for the skills to fly it. So I warp into an asteroid belt today and there's no one around, but there's two cargo containers. I take a look and they're full of ore. I didn't take any, but I hung around to see if anyone came back. When the guy did he told me to 'get away from my cans' then accused me of taking 2000 of his ore and called for back up from one of his corp mates(If I had wanted to steal ore I could have taken more than that as my cargo hold was empty). He has now threatened to kill me.
Sad.
Go back, and if you see any containers, fill up yer hold, and blow the rest back to the stone age. _____ sig |

Macumba
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 13:13:00 -
[19]
If you couldn't steal ore then what would people do with their alts?
"PVP = griefing" Papa Smurf |

KIPPAN
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 13:21:00 -
[20]
Zodiac, my friend, I stand corrected.
Pirate alert, Zodiac has so much gear on him that you would need 4-5 maxed out Bestowers to get the loot from him. :)
|

Zodiac Laserstorm
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 13:24:00 -
[21]
Sh, damn you, don't tell everyone!! I'm just in the noob corp as a decoy 
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 13:28:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Daesdemona on 10/09/2003 13:28:41
Quote: If you couldn't steal ore then what would people do with their alts?
so true.... now if I could play my alt at the same time as my main...
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Deadmetal
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 14:26:00 -
[23]
Ore thieves are an annoyance true... they set themselves up as future targets. true.. Just because someone uses a "jettison" container to stock mined product does NOT mean that it's up for grabs. Is it any less of a crime to have your car stolen locked or unlocked? No.. you may have been a boob to leave it unlocke thereby facilitating the theft.. but it's still a crime. If you use a jettison container you know you're taking a bit of a risk from ore thieves... they are still little shiites for taking it, and should be able to be targeted and fired upon just like regular pirates in game. Or find some willing corp that loves to make life miserable for these wastes of biomass. like the corp OTK  "Human Nature - If someone put a big red button in a remote mountain cave with a sign on it 'End of the world button!! Do not push!!.. the paint wouldn't have a chance to dry." |

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 14:38:00 -
[24]
ore thievery amazes me, mostly because I can't believe that people would be whiny enough to whine about it.
The very few times I mine, I use jet-cans. Mainly because I'm lazy, and only need to mine a certain amount of ore.
If someone comes along and steals it, I have nobody to blame but myself.
I *could* have used secure cans.
I *could* have mined to my hold.
I *could* have employed a hauler.
But I didn't. I know the risks, and I take the risks.
But I won't complain if someone sees the easy money they could be making...
Remember, if you stop people stealing from your jet-cans, they'll either hold them to ransom, or just destroy them.
there are many reasons to use secure cans, and anyone that doesn't bother should be prepared to take the consequences.
secure can mining has no risk at all.
jet-can mining has risk, but allows for far greater efficiency. The risk is a payoff for that efficiency. .
|

Koda
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 14:45:00 -
[25]
TALLICA:
If this happened in high security space, get the idiots to fire at you then sit back and watch CONCORD blow them away.
It's great entertainment. --------------
Share the love in the SNIGG Forums
|

Sourus
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 15:03:00 -
[26]
If I don't lock my car and some one "takes" it then I would have myself to blame. Police would just laugh in my face and so will the insurance company. They will just say: Next time use a f***ing secure con... I mean lock the damn car! Don't you even think about taking the car back. That is a capital offence.
|

KIPPAN
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 15:15:00 -
[27]
Quote: jet-can mining has risk, but allows for far greater efficiency. The risk is a payoff for that efficiency.
I totally agree with that. That is perfectly alright.
I'm just wondering what the risk the "ore thief" takes? Besides being hated. I doubt very much that ore thieves use their main char so that argument falls flat on its face.
All we are asking for is that there should be a risk in "ore theft" as well. Otherwise it's just griefing, and that's why this issue will never ever go away. Just count the topics this has generated.
|

Carbon
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 15:45:00 -
[28]
Ahem! Secure containers were never meant for mining, so PLEASE stop suggesting them as the obvious alternative to standard jettison cans.
They are meant for secure cargo drops, such as ammo and equipment, in remote space.
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 15:52:00 -
[29]
Quote: Ahem! Secure containers were never meant for mining, so PLEASE stop suggesting them as the obvious alternative to standard jettison cans.
They are meant for secure cargo drops, such as ammo and equipment, in remote space.
OK, you don't get it do you?
Secure cargo cans are there for us to do whatever we want with em, like with every other thing in EVE.
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 16:04:00 -
[30]
Edited by: j0sephine on 10/09/2003 16:05:25
"Ahem! Secure containers were never meant for mining, so PLEASE stop suggesting them as the obvious alternative to standard jettison cans.
They are meant for secure cargo drops, such as ammo and equipment, in remote space."
... 'Tis incorrect, pure and simple.
"CCP has decided to meet players halfway by implementing secure containers that can be bought on the market and have the advantage of being equipped with a password lock. These containers cost money and do not hold the vast amount of ore that the regular containers do. However, with good organization and frequent ore pickups using Industrial ships, they can be very useful for large scale mining operations."
(from the recent Support article on ore stealing)
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |