
Lecavalier
|
Posted - 2003.09.10 22:32:00 -
[1]
Hehe Lola don't give him any bright ideas . My first day I was out mining/fighting pirates in a .8 system in my shiny new Imicus, literally bought 10 minutes earlier. I see an enemy I hadn't seen before (Acolyte I). I target, shoot once, and you can guess the rest....Back to Velatorville
OneTwoOne, you have a number of options open. Firstly, you will find some experienced player freelancers who belong to your starter corp. You can ask for info there, as they are usually more than willing to help anyone not begging for a handout. You may also find that one of your corpmates just happens to make an anonymous donation (especially if you aren't begging) that will be enough get you a fully fitted Level 2 frigate. The manual is out of date and in some cases misleading.
If you go ahead and finish the tutorial (not essential though, but I think if you delete your prefs.ini file in the EVE/Cache folder, the tutorial will automatically reset once you dock in a station, if yours is borked), then do the 4 or so missions for your starter agent, you'll have a little cash in the bank and can then decide:
1) To do some missions for the agent that you are referred to, you'll make a little cash and the latest rumor has it that soon(TM), agents will be providing access to items that you won't be able to get any other way
2) Go mine a bit to make some quick cash for your next ship (and you want one asap). The cheap frigates would be Imicus for the miner/fighter hybrid or maybe an Atron for a more pure fighting ship. You can get either pretty quickly. I was happily mining and killing lowbie pirates in a .5 system with my second Imicus my second play session. I sort of skipped the lower fighting frigates and went straight for a Tristan, so I can't offer you much in the way of useful advice on the lower ones. You'll have fun fighting in a Tristan though.
3) Go kill lowbie pirates in .8/.7 in your starter ship. Equip a better gun than your Civvy, and make sure you have your shield booster set to autorepeat. Fun, but you'll find it takes a bit longer to make the cash for your next ship. Velators aren't exactly the greatest fighter going...
4) You can trade minerals or commodity items between systems via the market to make money. You will need to have a reasonable bankroll to make any money at this initially and you probably have enough to learn your first day or two without trying this one.
Anyway, hope that helps a little and welcome to EVE!
|