| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Yarek Balear
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 10:59:00 -
[31]
EVE isn't WOW - and thank god for that !
Redirecting skill points into another skill is completely unrealistic - it's like someone doing a degree in botany and deciding they are now a qualified doctor ! Ridiculous idea, please don't do it...
As for the OP, asking for people to sign his post, but not to post any negative comments - get real m8. If this happened all the time, then all the idiot posts might get taken seriously and the game would turn into a complete mess... You trained in something you no longer have a use for - get over it - I've done the same but I accept the realism of it....
|

Alliaanna Dalaii
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 11:02:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Yarek Balear You trained in something you no longer have a use for - get over it - I've done the same but I accept the realism of it....
I can make shinny things... umm yay ? Sp well spent   
Alliaanna
Official Follower of =-= Royal Hiigaran Navy =-= |

Kryss Darkdust
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 11:13:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Mic Helin For people that obviously don't speak English....... I said ôAnd people that agree with me can sign here.ö I never said to people that disagree to sign here. And i don't need your comments just type "signed". It shouldn't that hard.
Things are never that easy on a "discussion forum". I can assure you this will never happen, simply from a logistics stand point and from examples like Sony's Star Wars Galaxies. Rule number 1 of MMOG's, never, ever, under any circumstances make any changes to the game that will alter it too much too fast. Change has to always be slow and subtle so you can monitor what it does to the game.
/not signed.
|

Anjerrai Meloanis
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 12:28:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Yarek Balear
Redirecting skill points into another skill is completely unrealistic - it's like someone doing a degree in botany and deciding they are now a qualified doctor ! Ridiculous idea, please don't do it...
Considering the skills you train are just uploaded into your brain i dont see how its any more unrealistic to reprogram your brain to do something else. Dont talk about realism in a game where Warp Drives exist.
Travelling at 13.5au/s is "unrealistic". Travelling at the speed of light is unrealistic, let alone that fast. Its like, about 50,000 times the speed of light?
Anyways, i dont see how you would balance such a skill redirection. As many have said, you could level 5 all your skills into one section. uh.
|

Gaelzor Falmite
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 13:09:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Anjerrai Meloanis
Originally by: Yarek Balear
Redirecting skill points into another skill is completely unrealistic - it's like someone doing a degree in botany and deciding they are now a qualified doctor ! Ridiculous idea, please don't do it...
Considering the skills you train are just uploaded into your brain i dont see how its any more unrealistic to reprogram your brain to do something else. Dont talk about realism in a game where Warp Drives exist.
Travelling at 13.5au/s is "unrealistic". Travelling at the speed of light is unrealistic, let alone that fast. Its like, about 50,000 times the speed of light?
Realism can be applied to a fictional reality with boundries, rules, laws, etc. I guess you could say realism in a fictional reality is how well the end product conforms to the boundries and laws of the fictional reality. My point is, you have to apply realism to games, otherwise why not have us all fly around in BSs shaped like pink teddy bears? Yarek's point was completely rational.
Princess Vespa: Yogurt, the wise. Dot Matrix: Yogurt, the all-powerful. Barf: Yogurt, the magnificent. Yogurt: Please, don't make a fuss. I'm just plain Yogurt. |

EvilDoomer
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 18:13:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Mic Helin Don't u just wish that you could reuse your invested time ????????
When i was a noob i trained mining lvl5, refining lvl5 and other useless skills. I haven't touched a roid for last 6 month or so. And every time i see those skills i think of how much time i wasted just because i didn't know what i can do in EVE and was looking for myself. It makes me cry. I wish CCP would let us reuse those skill points and put them into a skill that you need or want. Because it takes so damn long to wait to enjoy the game to the fullest. I'm sure a lot of the players would agree with me.
CCP please look into it. And if possible make it happen.
And people that agree with me can sign here.
NO WAY! just think I take my 32mil sp and redirect all to only combat. then next week take all my 32mil sp and redirect to mining.
Would defeat all the years of training I did.
Thanks
EvilDoomer
Chicago Mobsters In-Game Channel:DAMOB
|

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 18:39:00 -
[37]
i would like it to happen one time, like if ccp gave us one special one-time only offer that you could respecc all your skillpoints.
things has been changed so much in this game that i think when you first started training for something you wouldnt think it would end up to what it is today.
anyway, make it like ONE TIME ONLY per account and take ú20 to do it... 
"We brake for nobody"
|

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 18:43:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Admiral IceBlock i would like it to happen one time, like if ccp gave us one special one-time only offer that you could respecc all your skillpoints.
things has been changed so much in this game that i think when you first started training for something you wouldnt think it would end up to what it is today.
anyway, make it like ONE TIME ONLY per account and take ú20 to do it... 
Pffft! Boss, I am so ashamed of you. How could you!!! 
 ----------------
RecruitMe@NOINT! |

Jinx Barker
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 19:01:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Jinx Barker on 27/03/2006 19:01:32 My responce, always was, in order to prevent people from Exploiting the system: Allow only 10% SP Transfer. That way, no one in their right mind would ever "re-roll" an uber toon.
Example: Skill A has 250k SP, you want to apply the SP to Skill B. Ok, all is well, you get to take 250k Sp from skill A and it is converted into 25K SP and is applied to Skill B.
Also, any skill from which you take the SP must be UNLEARNED completley. It dissapears from your Char Skill Info List. And if you ever need to train it again, you have to go to the nearest School Station and buy it and train it.
This way, even the guy with the current 60 Million SP, I forget his name, if he ever wants to completley re-roll the toon, will only wind up with a 6 Million SP toon. Which is, well, kinda self-defeating.
The system will allow people to clean up their current SP Tree, which we must admit sometimes gets glarringly into dissaray.
I always wanted to Un-Learn few industrial Skills I have at L3 and 4. Even if I get NOTHING for it. Its still an eye-sore in my opinion.
JB.
|

Trak Cranker
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 20:46:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Trak Cranker on 27/03/2006 20:46:35 People are sure making a lot of assumptions on how and when such an option would/could be put into effect - on the OPs behalf. (But calling "My thread" was definately dumb.)
I would actually be in favour of an option of slowly moving points around, like say: Erase skill with X points and then get 1-5-10-Y-IDontKnow points more per second from that pool. Perhaps only Z% of it. Or something else that would not mean a radical change and generate a "flavour of the month" effect.
The grounds for choosing your educational path has changed drastically over time - and after said choosing been made, in many cases. This is a game and should therefore only be comparable to real life on select issues. I don't think this needs to one of them all the way to the welfare office. So in the name of having a little more fun, I don't think an option of slowly reorganising points would be gamebreaking, neither unrealistic within the game world.
But whether the development effort would be worth it, compared to what we would then go without.... Just like the idea. Dont even have that many points I could/would move. Please resize your signature so that it is within the forum rule size limits - Jacques |

Nyphur
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 20:55:00 -
[41]
The thing is, people would shift all their skill points into whatever teh flavour of the month is. There'd be no need for skillpoints above 20million as 20 million is enough, if specialised correctly, to max out every single skill you're using.
You're also forgetting that when new skills are released, people rush to train them and if they could just transferr all their industrial skills over to combat to fly a dreadnought, where'd be the accomplishment of being able to fly one? What you're suggesting amounts to nothing short of a complete obliteration of variety and training goals in eve. If this were implemented, the first thing I'd do is instantly train the skills for a dreadnought. And so would the other 1000 billionaires currently training it.
The only thing this idea promotes is impatience.
Eve-Tanking.com - For the ultimate tanking spreadsheet and resources. |

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 22:08:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Nyphur The thing is, people would shift all their skill points into whatever teh flavour of the month is. There'd be no need for skillpoints above 20million as 20 million is enough, if specialised correctly, to max out every single skill you're using.
well this would be stopped if it was only allowed one time per character/account..
"We brake for nobody"
|

JamesTalon
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 22:55:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Admiral IceBlock
Originally by: Nyphur The thing is, people would shift all their skill points into whatever teh flavour of the month is. There'd be no need for skillpoints above 20million as 20 million is enough, if specialised correctly, to max out every single skill you're using.
well this would be stopped if it was only allowed one time per character/account..
For some reason, I saw your name as the most recent poster in here, and thought to myself "He's going to say something in agreement to this". I find myself torn between loving and hating being right 
http://caldarisurplus.2myip.net
|

Sarmaul
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 22:59:00 -
[44]
tbh I just want to delete "Small Hybrid Turret" level 1 from my gunnery list as it sticks out like a sore thumb
Originally by: Tuxford we look at them say "wow autocannons sure do suck,... oh well lets go boost amarr".
|

Trak Cranker
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 23:11:00 -
[45]
Originally by: JamesTalon
For some reason, I saw your name as the most recent poster in here, and thought to myself "He's going to say something in agreement to this". I find myself torn between loving and hating being right 
Classic example of "can't attack the argument, so whaddawedo?". Thumbs up.
Please resize your signature so that it is within the forum rule size limits - Jacques |

Mike Moss
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 23:20:00 -
[46]
What you say, OP, sounds reasonable. But I have not been playing long enough to sign off on your proposal, because I cannot say what the overall effect would be.
I would say, though, that my general impression as the most naive of village idiots who takes up flying spaceships is that the entire skill system seems to date from a time when they wished to limit the number of players in the EVE universe, particularly at high levels.
If that is the case, then CCP will make changes in the skill system when they wish to increase the number of players, which they will eventually want to do because every corporation in the real world likes bottom line profits to be as large as possible.
|

Apertotes
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 23:21:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Sarmaul tbh I just want to delete "Small Hybrid Turret" level 1 from my gunnery list as it sticks out like a sore thumb
yes, and controlled burst 1 (minmatar & caldari dualing FTW!!!)
Apertotes, the Guybrush Threepwood of New Eve |

Maya Rkell
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 23:23:00 -
[48]
Sure, as long as you can never retrain those skills
"The Human eye is a marvelous device, with a very little effort it can overlook all but the most glaring injustice" - Quellchrist Falconer |

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 23:32:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Mic Helin And people that agree with me can sign here.
Get a clue. You've got a beter chance of seeing NASCAR-themed ships (flown by the dreaded spacenecks) than seeing the ability to swap sps around.
Originally by: Istvaan Shogaatsu I'm probably one of the biggest Bush fanboys in Eve... This is like, Darth Vader, can't-reach-climax-without-killing-a-puppy evil.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran  |

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 23:34:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Mic Helin For people that obviously don't speak English....... I said ôAnd people that agree with me can sign here.ö I never said to people that disagree to sign here. And i don't need your comments just type "signed". It shouldn't that hard.
Logic translates this into:
I don't want people to disagree in my thread, because CCP will obviously take a 'signed' thread seriously when there's no negitive comments.
You don't get to decide what replies your thread gets in a public forum. Your idea sucks, and people have/will say so.
Originally by: Istvaan Shogaatsu I'm probably one of the biggest Bush fanboys in Eve... This is like, Darth Vader, can't-reach-climax-without-killing-a-puppy evil.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran  |

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 05:44:00 -
[51]
Originally by: JamesTalon
Originally by: Admiral IceBlock
Originally by: Nyphur The thing is, people would shift all their skill points into whatever teh flavour of the month is. There'd be no need for skillpoints above 20million as 20 million is enough, if specialised correctly, to max out every single skill you're using.
well this would be stopped if it was only allowed one time per character/account..
For some reason, I saw your name as the most recent poster in here, and thought to myself "He's going to say something in agreement to this". I find myself torn between loving and hating being right 
nothing wrong with that i guess :o
"We brake for nobody"
|

JamesTalon
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 05:48:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Trak Cranker
Originally by: JamesTalon
For some reason, I saw your name as the most recent poster in here, and thought to myself "He's going to say something in agreement to this". I find myself torn between loving and hating being right 
Classic example of "can't attack the argument, so whaddawedo?". Thumbs up.
I've posted my thoughts on the topic on the first page. And in terms of attacking his argument....It was a single line, and I don't care too much about this topic to bother with it.
|

M3ta7h3ad
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 05:53:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Admiral IceBlock
Originally by: Nyphur The thing is, people would shift all their skill points into whatever teh flavour of the month is. There'd be no need for skillpoints above 20million as 20 million is enough, if specialised correctly, to max out every single skill you're using.
well this would be stopped if it was only allowed one time per character/account..
Hmm.. if it was per account people could just transfer the character and do it again. Sure it'd cost them in the region of ú50 or so but im pretty sure folks who wanted to train up titans one month and motherships the other would consider doing it.
Its fine the way it is. You've progressed onwards, and no doubt you even needed those indie skills in the beginning so you used them too. Leave things as they are. ----- If you kill all the wolves, your gonna end up with a crapload of bunnies, and by bunnies I mean stupid people |

Pwyle Kenobi
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 06:00:00 -
[54]
I'll jump on board with the "NO!" camp thanks.
|

Prydeless
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 06:27:00 -
[55]
ummm I sign this with my seal of NO. 
|

Deacan Wildfire
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 06:57:00 -
[56]
And a nice big "No" from me, too.
The word "respec" doesn't exist in EVE, and never should.
plaguing MMORPGs since 1997 |

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 07:21:00 -
[57]
Originally by: M3ta7h3ad
Originally by: Admiral IceBlock
Originally by: Nyphur The thing is, people would shift all their skill points into whatever teh flavour of the month is. There'd be no need for skillpoints above 20million as 20 million is enough, if specialised correctly, to max out every single skill you're using.
well this would be stopped if it was only allowed one time per character/account..
Hmm.. if it was per account people could just transfer the character and do it again. Sure it'd cost them in the region of ú50 or so but im pretty sure folks who wanted to train up titans one month and motherships the other would consider doing it.
per character then? 
"We brake for nobody"
|

babylonstew
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 07:23:00 -
[58]
im going to go and throw my lot in with the NO !!!! crowd
even tho id kill tog et minmatar industrial lvl 1 off my skill sheet
X13 - We will win EVE |

General Meridus
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 07:27:00 -
[59]
By all means yes.
Then I could tailor my 37 million SP, and correct every mistake I ever made. I could then more quickly dispatch the guy who thought up this idea.
|

Arthmandar Valikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.28 19:32:00 -
[60]
Hmmm.... I think this is probably a bad idea, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a realism roleplay scenario.
However, if there was some sort of exponential penalty involved (like you get to trade skill time 4 for 1) I guess it wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't use it, but, yeah.
I don't want to see raw skill point trading, because then a ridiculously specialized character could simply train the skills they are specialized for (like for an R&D character, science skills) and then transfer them to hard to learn skills for that character (like for an R&D character, spaceship command).
But if you have 1M SPs in a category you learn at 30 skill points per minute, I'm cool with it to exchange them for 125K skill points you learn at 15 spm (one quarter the time investment exchange). Or something like that.
So I officially /sign for the opposition, but if CCP wants to do it, do it like I described above so it isn't exploited.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |