| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Kintac
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 09:32:00 -
[91]
Well, I started EVE in May 2003.
I started myself mining in my starter system with my starter ship. I had to go 20times to the belt to afford my first ship. I thing it was a Tristan. Soon I joined my first corp. And for the first time we had great fun. We mined together, we chated. These times were the best times in EVE.
WeŠve been a small corp, but we also went to 0.0, SU-8A4, nice system. Crokite, Dark Ochre. There were only <= 100k NPC pirates. Well I took my Bestower, fitted a Mining Laser and mined it.
The universe consists of about 3500 people. Server boots, popups were normal, so donŠt complain about CCP in our days.
|

Benglada
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 09:32:00 -
[92]
Originally by: GM Ender
Quote: - J0rt posting a screenshot on the forums of GM redwing's frozen corpse after he podded him.
Actually, his name was GM Ravenwing, and yes, that was not our finest hour. I have nightmares still....
Of course, that was back in the day when the GM's were not invulnerable like they are now.
Wth? First gm forum post..EVER? Never seen one, and iv been playing since castor.. :O ---------------------------
Originally by: Wrangler Unfrtinately you dnot get to vote.. 
|

Sirilonwe
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 09:59:00 -
[93]
Originally by: Saturn Also does anyone remember what the Eve Client was called before it went gold hmmmm? 
I remember the "Gemini" name... not sure if it was the beta name or not. ____________________________________ Free ISP users, read this if you have connections problems [b]I'm on Eris side! |

Lucian Alucard
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 11:06:00 -
[94]
Things I miss....
The original bb,the rax when it had missle hard points,when Tachs were the gawd guns,when an osprey was something to be reckoned with,PIE chasing Tank around forever, Mara and Passari nuf said,Torp skipping bug,having you ibis randomly turn into a hodge podge of CONCORD and Caldari ships,when there was no little to no concord at all,the yulai massacre,the Cieleri ((or however the hevk u spell it)), Miner 2s selling for millions,Crazy Jovian admirals going on road trips,the alpha numeric designations of all 0.0 reigons AND the original Eve-Online walk through book ((which I own pointing out that the Phoon had the same bonuses practically as the cyclone has atm)) ----------------------------------------------- Done is done Yes, there will be no taking back Every journey must come to an end All hail to the Gunslinger Beyond our reach, out of control |

bullwyff
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 11:38:00 -
[95]
Edited by: bullwyff on 30/03/2006 11:42:37 I remember
Killing rats in frigate was so much fun
Having systems that dropped good loot
Moving to Curse after playing 2 weeks (and having the greatest time of my life in EVE)
My first pvp fight with Tank CEO in OSY-UD
Looking for hidden belts and mining Zydrine and Megacyte with the tons
MoO terrorising EVE
Starting up Curse Alliance (By the way where are you Xirtamvotf havent seen you for a long time you still playing??)
old friends like Embalm3r The monk Benton Bracarion and all my old corpies from the Adamite Inheritance
I miss those times was thinking about moving back to 0.0 but i dont know anyone out there anymore
Zydrine selling for 1000isk
Why didnt i make screen shots hell i dont forgive myself for that.
|

The Colonel
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 12:07:00 -
[96]
Edited by: The Colonel on 30/03/2006 12:09:53 Edited by: The Colonel on 30/03/2006 12:07:54 I joined beta 5 I think. I remember approaching gates no autopilot and having to right click and 'approach' each gate then keep right clicking waiting for the 'jump' option to appear. I remember Tank sitting outside the station blowing up everyone who undocked.
The final day of beta there was a big free for all with either free or very cheap ships? Remember spending all evening until switch off throwing torps everywere.
On release I remember the countless arguments about the fixed NPC buy price of minerals and the apparant 'market griefing' of people setting up region wide buy orders at way under the 'npc price'. Very funny. I made most of my early cash this way.
Splash damage from missiles and smart bombs setting off sentry guns.
Logging off in space your ship just stayed put for a minute or so then vanished, rather than warping away.
Torp firing blackbirds
Jump in point camps
0 space being a genuine adventure, vast, empty, unexplored. I remember taking a frigate picking a system on the edge of the map and spending a night getting there to explore.
News of M0o gate camps spread like wild fire and was a real exciting element to the game, now theyre so common it's almost boring.
Sadly I dont remember much more, I just remember what it felt like rather than finer details.
|

Tredegar
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 15:06:00 -
[97]
AH, the good old days.....
May/June 03 here. Let's see, what can I remember?
1. There were only about 1/3 the T1 BPOs on the market as there are now. 2. No advanced learning skills. The put jump drive operation at an exhorbitant cost of 11 mil. For two and a half years it served no purpose. 3. The miner 2 fiasco because a Dev screwed up. 4. When you jumped into a system you jumped in at one particular point. Pirates would wait at that point and start ganking people as soon as they jumped. You had no cloaking ability then. 5. The most people I would see online was about 4500. 6. Scordite roids that were HUGE. I mean they would hide other asteroids and the only way to get to those was to mine the scordite rocks away. 7. Insurance, when it did come out only lasted for a week. 8. The promise of being able to reverse engineer a module was quite alluring, and disappointing.... (Gives the evil eye to CCP on this point). 9. Low sec empire space was actually fairly safe. 10. The renting lab slots for 1K a piece and once you had it you would not be charged again for it. You never would lose it unless you gave it up either. 11. Local Hull Cargo Expander (WTF is that?) But it does give megacyte and zydrine when recycled.... 12. Zydrine went for 1K each. I could go on and on, but you see how interesting it was. We were all noobs and enjoyed the hell out learning the system.
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck |

Helplessandlost
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 16:31:00 -
[98]
I started in March 04 and many of the things here bring back memories for me too...
The ones I can think of that I miss the most:
* Moving the targets around on your screen. * Dual MWD's - now I hardly ever use MWD's at all * Huge asteroids, one type of each, everywhere * Being able to explore in an empty vastness.
Could probably add many more but a lot of been covered already.
------------------------------------------------
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive!"
|

Draaken
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 17:10:00 -
[99]
Originally by: Rutoo forgot about the insanely hard Gate rats in almost every system.
I remember they were pretty mean even when I started (Feb '04), I remember a Gurista (2.5k bounty) kill my first Merlin at a gate in 0.7 space or so, boy was I mad! Paid them back in kind since then, though...  *looks at his -8.6 standings with Guristas before skills  ____________________ first!!1!! -Capsicum |

Tuwile Naldai
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 17:42:00 -
[100]
How about when there were lots of ships around extra ship models would spawn on top of your ship. Often looked like a mass of random ships. I remember when I first started playing this happened to me with a mining drone and I thought it was trying to attack me or something.
|

Padaxes
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 17:54:00 -
[101]
Exploring was fun and even profitable back in the early days. A guy I used to exchange exploring tactics with (StievieW) set up a site called Explore Eve where people bought book marks to interesting / profitable places.
These days every dead space complex has eye candy in it but back then these things were hard to find, and all the more impressive and exciting for it.
I used to spend weeks just exploring, logging all my finds and selling the bookmarks.
Once I found a station with rat spawns that was so far away it took me 3 hours flying in a MWD frigate. Then I had to triangulate its position using smaller and smaller angled scans, no scan probes in those days. It was such an achievment when i found it even though it wasnt that profitable (small spawn), I knew I had found something no one else in Eve had ever seen.
|

Paigan
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 18:06:00 -
[102]
As a software developer, i find these stories very interesting.
In many aspects, the game is still beta even nowadays. What is described here sounds like not even alpha stage.
Even so people payed for it? Ever heard the term "Banana software - ripens at the customer" ?
Quite revealing ^^ -- This game is still in beta stage |

Dufas
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 18:09:00 -
[103]
Edited by: Dufas on 30/03/2006 18:14:50 I started about 2 weeks after eve hit the selves in the US...beginning of may 2003 i beleive...i really liked when shuttles first came out they went to warp then spun around backwards....pirates camping the JIP (jump in point) at the system next to amarr..a 1.0 next to a .4 i think it was and they had to change the system to a higher sec status.....the sa/ca war was still the best fun with the huge fleet battles almost every day...and mining ark in empire was fun too .. and chaining rats was litterly chaining them as they would get to the point of respawing instantly...2 of us had so many cans in 1 belt in jfix you couldnt see the rats respawning....ahhh the good old days  __________
|

Sandra Tseng
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 18:22:00 -
[104]
I started somewhere in 2003. EvE: The second Genesis I played caldari and never left caldari space so I did not see many other ships or races. It was a tough job to get your first frig. Mining was the only way. Bantam was the only real choice. Kestrel had turrets and I remember when they brought missiles into the game. They were VERY expensive so you quickly got bankrupt if you fought a lot. I remember being so god damn angry when they changed Kestrel to an all out missile carrier. Then came the Merlin and saved me. The new OOBAH frig.
I remember Osprey was the first cruiser - impossible to get for a solo player. Our corp mined and mined and just as we got one they did a char whipe ;]
And when the Moa was first released it was just an NPC ship for the Caldari Navy, and we speculated if it "might be released for players" same with Blackbird.
I quit the day beta closed and came back just as EXODUS was released. --------------------------
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |