| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

BakaMan
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 02:56:00 -
[1]
I was just wondering about something, who has an alt and what system spec's do you have for it to run two EVE's... It seem's like an odd question but still, i'm trying 2 run two EVE's they run well, but one has a weird lag, and i was just wondering if it was my system running it... umm first let me state the System Spec's..
500 MHz (Yes people Still Have MHz Computer's...) 512 MB RAM (Forgot what type it's old thou..) 27 Gig's (on first hard drive) 100 Gig's (on the Secound Hard Drive) 10 Gig's ( on the Third Hard Drive) Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 PCI
It's a wee bit old of a computer it's a mear 6 year's of age... still not an old beast... wiat it's a computer, 1 month and it's old... so any one else have Alt's running that have weird lag in one client?
|

Gonada
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 04:30:00 -
[2]
It's a wee bit old of a computer -----------------------------------
ya think?
the specs are ancient, thats why you are getting lag, diddly for ram and a slow processor.
-I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.-
|

Eternal Fury
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 05:03:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Eternal Fury on 03/04/2006 05:04:15 everythings looks ok..
but you seem to have missed a number 1 or number 2 or number 3 on your CPU's speed.
becuase if you are useing a 500mhz CPU, THAT is your single greatest problem.
Save up 300$ and go down to your local computer vendor, and get a new computer. You don't need a new monitor(though you can most likely use one) as even a budget 300$ comptuer will be a tad faster. I'm assumeing your Videocard is a PCI one, so you can just drop it in the new pc. - -
Please don't attack me. My ship is defragging it's hard drive. H.L. Mencken.
|

F'nog
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 05:09:00 -
[4]
Edited by: F''nog on 03/04/2006 05:09:08 There's no way you'll play two accounts with <1GHz. I used to have a 1.8 Gig with 768 RAM and that was just playable with minimum settings, FPS in the 20s with both running. I wouldn't go too much under that, maybe 1.5.
Originally by: Bl4zer But, cmon, this is the Eve forums, we don't let facts get in the way of pointless speculation.
|

Drizit
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 05:15:00 -
[5]
I have a dual Athlon MP 2600, 1gb ram, GF6200 graphics and it's laggy on mine with two accounts running.
If you don't get lag with just one client running on that spec, I want to know how you did it.
--
|

BakaMan
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 06:01:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Drizit I have a dual Athlon MP 2600, 1gb ram, GF6200 graphics and it's laggy on mine with two accounts running.
If you don't get lag with just one client running on that spec, I want to know how you did it.
you know that is the best question i heard so far... and to tell you the truth... i don't know... my computer just hate's to tell me these thing's... hell i'm shocked it could play any of the new game's... let alone not lag with them...
|

BakaMan
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 05:11:00 -
[7]
Edited by: BakaMan on 09/04/2006 05:12:11 hmm now that i look at it i think i know how to make it run with my system, I got 2 Eve directory's, so my computer can use less memory knowing that the 2 directory's will work more better then running one but i think that if you have one directory for it then the computer will be lagging like a snail in a speed race with a cat.. if that makes any scence? but this doesn't solve the lag with just one client... so i don't know that.. :(
|

Raven Aure
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 05:17:00 -
[8]
Originally by: BakaMan Edited by: BakaMan on 09/04/2006 05:12:11 hmm now that i look at it i think i know how to make it run with my system, I got 2 Eve directory's, so my computer can use less memory knowing that the 2 directory's will work more better then running one but i think that if you have one directory for it then the computer will be lagging like a snail in a speed race with a cat.. if that makes any scence? but this doesn't solve the lag with just one client... so i don't know that.. :(
I've read this four or five times, and I can't make head nor tail of it. Have I missed something here? ______________________
"Ahh, Raven Aure. Your reputation precedes you." "Uh oh. Which one?"
Originally by: Density5 brb gotta sleep
|

Katrana Lifebane
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 08:42:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Raven Aure
Originally by: BakaMan Edited by: BakaMan on 09/04/2006 05:12:11 hmm now that i look at it i think i know how to make it run with my system, I got 2 Eve directory's, so my computer can use less memory knowing that the 2 directory's will work more better then running one but i think that if you have one directory for it then the computer will be lagging like a snail in a speed race with a cat.. if that makes any scence? but this doesn't solve the lag with just one client... so i don't know that.. :(
I've read this four or five times, and I can't make head nor tail of it. Have I missed something here?
I think he's saying he has 2 directories of eve.
And only one has a wierd kind of lag and he can't solve it.
(Solution = get a new comp :D)
|

Sovy Kurosei
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 09:35:00 -
[10]
Originally by: BakaMan Edited by: BakaMan on 09/04/2006 05:12:11 hmm now that i look at it i think i know how to make it run with my system, I got 2 Eve directory's, so my computer can use less memory knowing that the 2 directory's will work more better then running one but i think that if you have one directory for it then the computer will be lagging like a snail in a speed race with a cat.. if that makes any scence? but this doesn't solve the lag with just one client... so i don't know that.. :(
Why would it work any better using two directories than just one? It would just take up more hard drive space I'd imagine.
--- Punishers 4TW! |

gfldex
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 10:20:00 -
[11]
I start 2 clients from the same directory and the first client is a bit more laggy then the other. My guess is some directx magic.
-- $ perl -n -e 'print "Stop blameing pirates! Oveur is the root of all evil!\n" if m/podkill|lost my ship|gank|gate camp|Verone/;'
|

BakaMan
|
Posted - 2006.04.14 15:11:00 -
[12]
Edited by: BakaMan on 14/04/2006 15:11:50
Originally by: Katrana Lifebane
Originally by: Raven Aure
Originally by: BakaMan Edited by: BakaMan on 09/04/2006 05:12:11 hmm now that i look at it i think i know how to make it run with my system, I got 2 Eve directory's, so my computer can use less memory knowing that the 2 directory's will work more better then running one but i think that if you have one directory for it then the computer will be lagging like a snail in a speed race with a cat.. if that makes any scence? but this doesn't solve the lag with just one client... so i don't know that.. :(
I've read this four or five times, and I can't make head nor tail of it. Have I missed something here?
I think he's saying he has 2 directories of eve.
And only one has a wierd kind of lag and he can't solve it.
(Solution = get a new comp :D)
you know what if i had the money for a new computer i would get that.. but i'm 2 much of a bum 2 buy a new computer... :( and i striaght out hate dell's so no dell's, and i hate Compaq(SP??) and IBM (at least i think they still make PC's...?)
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |