| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lyris Nairn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
12208
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 07:23:00 -
[1] - Quote
Hello space friends;
I would like to visit your space and witness the Great Golden Fleet; however, I have been told that I am "KOS" in the region, and that I am not welcome. Having heard nothing but positive things with regards to the fidelity and hospitality of the Providence Holders and their associates, I would like to believe that I have been misinformed. And so it is with all due humility and reverence that I request correspondence on this matter, such that I may secure pilgrimage for myself and some compatriots.
I eagerly await the response of the Holders.
Amarr Victor. Sky Captain of Your Heart
Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn |

Eran Mintor
Esoteric Philosophy
387
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 07:48:00 -
[2] - Quote
Are you lost?
-Eran |

Vulxanis Viceroy
Xiadii Family Holdings
28
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 08:40:00 -
[3] - Quote
Lyris Nairn wrote:Hello space friends;
I would like to visit your space and witness the Great Golden Fleet; however, I have been told that I am "KOS" in the region, and that I am not welcome. Having heard nothing but positive things with regards to the fidelity and hospitality of the Providence Holders and their associates, I would like to believe that I have been misinformed. And so it is with all due humility and reverence that I request correspondence on this matter, such that I may secure pilgrimage for myself and some compatriots.
I eagerly await the response of the Holders.
Amarr Victor.
You are indeed KOS. And unfortunately, due to the fact that Goonswarm has had a military presence Providence recently, I highly doubt that you will be well received.
Now, if you and your compatriots only came in shuttles, then perhaps you may find some leeway. However, it should be said that your request sounds rather suspicious in all honesty. I am not a holder of providence, but I am allied with some that are, and I do not think they would likely appreciate this request.
I could be wrong, and if you would like, I can inquire as an intermediary. Although you will likely have to be incredibly specific on what exactly you intend, your route, what ships you will take(anything more than shuttles is suspicious), who you intend to take with you(define a few), etc. If you can do that, I shall inquire of whom you wish to ask on your behalf.
However, if you cannot give them any significant assurance or insurance that your intentions are as you say they are, and possibly put yourself at a disadvantage so that you submit to their rules directly, I highly doubt you will be allowed in. - Lord Vulxanis Nitsujj Draconis.-áHolder of House Draconis, Duke of-áAizura and Athror, etc.
Fide et honore. ((Twitter is @VulxanisViceroy)) |

Alizabeth Vea
Amok. Goonswarm Federation
574
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 15:16:00 -
[4] - Quote
I'd like to go along with you, Lyris. Editor: TheMittani.com -á If you are going anywhere else to get your Eve News, you are wrong.
|

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
117
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 16:04:00 -
[5] - Quote
I wanna come too. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2112
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 16:05:00 -
[6] - Quote
You wont be allowed in. Only a fool would trust a Goon. A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history. Only a CFC alliance will accept you in their space
The only way you'll visit Amarrian space is if you turn yourself in. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
117
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 16:08:00 -
[7] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote:You wont be allowed in. Only a fool would trust a Goon. A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history. Only a CFC alliance will accept you in their space
The only way you'll visit Amarrian space is if you turn yourself in. Drat. I really wanted to go sight-seeing too... The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2112
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 16:15:00 -
[8] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:Fredfredbug4 wrote:You wont be allowed in. Only a fool would trust a Goon. A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history. Only a CFC alliance will accept you in their space
The only way you'll visit Amarrian space is if you turn yourself in. Drat. I really wanted to go sight-seeing too...
I dont believe you've affiliated yourself with Goon filth before. You'll be allowed in unless there are other reasons not to let you in. Cant be as bad as being a Goon though! Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Sofia Roseburn
True Slave Foundations Shaktipat Revelators
114
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 17:12:00 -
[9] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote:You wont be allowed in. Only a fool would trust a Goon. A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history. Only a CFC alliance will accept you in their space
The only way you'll visit Amarrian space is if you turn yourself in.
The irony here is just...wow. If only we had more people like Launette Vylier. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2114
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 17:43:00 -
[10] - Quote
Sofia Roseburn wrote:Fredfredbug4 wrote:You wont be allowed in. Only a fool would trust a Goon. A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history. Only a CFC alliance will accept you in their space
The only way you'll visit Amarrian space is if you turn yourself in. The irony here is just...wow.
Do explain, please. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Sofia Roseburn
True Slave Foundations Shaktipat Revelators
114
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 20:34:00 -
[11] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Do explain, please.
It isn't YC 107/108 any more. That corporation you're in? It's on that same list that you're so quick to put the CFC on. Has been for the past 5 or 6 years. If only we had more people like Launette Vylier. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2115
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 22:29:00 -
[12] - Quote
Sofia Roseburn wrote:Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Do explain, please.
It isn't YC 107/108 any more. That corporation you're in? It's on that same list that you're so quick to put the CFC on. Has been for the past 5 or 6 years. The situation is very different. My corporation was betrayed by Goonswarm you see. Thats how filthy these people are. Backstabbing those loyal to them is not only allowed, it's encouraged. We werent some bunch of nobodies either, at that time we were considered one of the best combat corporations in the cluster.
The search for a new home was hard, yet we proved to be better than our traitors and so we are on the rise again.
We know how wretched these people are more than anyone. We flew with them and they punished us for it. We have more reason to hate these scumbags than anyone.
Now we must see them destroyed. If they achieve total victory they will wipe each other out. If we win, then we shall put VK to the torch and drag The Mitanni by his hair through the dirt in the streets. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Sofia Roseburn
True Slave Foundations Shaktipat Revelators
116
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 22:31:00 -
[13] - Quote
Not really. There's more to EDF's history than their stint with Goonswarm. If only we had more people like Launette Vylier. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2115
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 22:43:00 -
[14] - Quote
Sofia Roseburn wrote:Not really. There's more to EDF's history than their stint with Goonswarm.
You mean starting off as one of the first dedicated anti-piracy corporations? Or always joining the underdogs in a conflict?
Seriously, in the grand battle of good versus evil, EDF has always sided with good. To explain the case with Goonswarm I must cite an ancient proverb, "you either die a hero, or live to see yourself become the villain."
Goonswarm were originally underdogs trying to survive against the might of Band of Brothers. This was when they were the heroes, and when we joined. Then they became tyrants who seek to control all of Null and heavily influence low and high. This is when they became the villains and when they betrayed us.
Do keep pretending you know more about the history of a corporation than one of it's active members. This is quite funny. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
2325
|
Posted - 2014.02.12 22:51:00 -
[15] - Quote
I am sure that the CVA would more than welcome a Goonswarm into Providence. Simply send a large, unescorted fleet of unarmed freighters... say, fifteen or twenty, into their space bearing gifts of PLEX and you can be assured of the kind of honest, safe, and honorable treatment that you have extended to so many others whom you've made deals with over the years. Nullsec in a Nutshell: http://nedroid.com/comics/2006-08-24-2155-arrrdino.gif |

Lyris Nairn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
12215
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 04:17:00 -
[16] - Quote
The musings of various non-Holders aside, I patiently await acknowledgment. Sky Captain of Your Heart
Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn |

Eran Mintor
Esoteric Philosophy
390
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 04:47:00 -
[17] - Quote
Don't hold your breath.
Scratch that, hold your breath. It makes them respond faster. I promise!
-Eran |

Gosakumori Noh
Seraglio Hastatus Hagia Sophia
476
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 05:05:00 -
[18] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote:Goonswarm were originally underdogs trying to survive against the might of Band of Brothers. This was when they were the heroes, and when we joined. Then they became tyrants who seek to control all of Null and heavily influence low and high. This is when they became the villains and when they betrayed us.
Successful insurgency evolves naturally into status quo. The bees behave in accordance with political history, and the circle must complete (or, in this case, the toroid). Providence seems likely to become an opportunity for Her Majesty's faithful to fight against all odds and suffer a spectacular incineration or two. That region at least has the advantage of being centripetal to the trajectory of history.
I expect things will go less romantically for Feythabolis, Derblinkiesparklespace, and that alley between Jove and State. |

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc. Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
1660
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 07:46:00 -
[19] - Quote
Lyris Nairn wrote:The musings of various non-Holders aside, I patiently await acknowledgment.
If my understanding of CVA policy is correct, they don't conduct diplomacy in public.
Your best bet would be to contact one of diplomats.
Dulce et decorum est pro imperium mori. |

Vulxanis Viceroy
Xiadii Family Holdings
30
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 08:05:00 -
[20] - Quote
Rodj Blake wrote:Lyris Nairn wrote:The musings of various non-Holders aside, I patiently await acknowledgment. If my understanding of CVA policy is correct, they don't conduct diplomacy in public. Your best bet would be to contact one of diplomats.
Yes, that would be best. - Lord Vulxanis Nitsujj Draconis.-áHolder of House Draconis, Duke of-áAizura and Athror, etc.
Fide et honore. ((Twitter @VulxanisViceroy)) |

Alizabeth Vea
Amok. Goonswarm Federation
574
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 11:43:00 -
[21] - Quote
Sometimes I wonder if Freddy even listens to the words that come out of his mouth. This is why I don't use boosters anymore. Editor: TheMittani.com -á If you are going anywhere else to get your Eve News, you are wrong.
|

Lyris Nairn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
12215
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 12:05:00 -
[22] - Quote
I have approached CVA privately and I am assured that so long as I am in Goonwaffe that I will not be invited peacefully to Providence. Sky Captain of Your Heart
Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn |

Alizabeth Vea
Amok. Goonswarm Federation
574
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 12:06:00 -
[23] - Quote
Lyris Nairn wrote:I have approached CVA privately and I am assured that so long as I am in Goonwaffe that I will not be invited peacefully to Providence. What about Amokdotte? Editor: TheMittani.com -á If you are going anywhere else to get your Eve News, you are wrong.
|

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
359
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 14:49:00 -
[24] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote: The situation is very different. My corporation was betrayed by Goonswarm you see. Thats how filthy these people are.
Well, I believe you best said it yourself:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history...
By your own words, due to your CFC involvement, you are permanently tainted. Asking for swift destruction of everything barely related to CFC and acting as a penitent regarding the same don't really work hand-in-hand, mr. Fred.
- Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim ___________________________ Angels are never far... Stillwater Corporation recruitment open. |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
119
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 14:54:00 -
[25] - Quote
Leopold Caine wrote:Fredfredbug4 wrote: The situation is very different. My corporation was betrayed by Goonswarm you see. Thats how filthy these people are.
Well, I believe you best said it yourself: Fredfredbug4 wrote:A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history... By your own words, due to your CFC involvement, you are permanently tainted. Asking for swift destruction of everything barely related to CFC and acting as a penitent regarding the same don't really work hand-in-hand, mr. Fred. "Kill everyone that ever allied with goon, except us we are cool...." The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2122
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 16:52:00 -
[26] - Quote
Leopold Caine wrote:Fredfredbug4 wrote: The situation is very different. My corporation was betrayed by Goonswarm you see. Thats how filthy these people are.
Well, I believe you best said it yourself: Fredfredbug4 wrote:A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history... By your own words, due to your CFC involvement, you are permanently tainted. Asking for swift destruction of everything barely related to CFC and acting as a penitent regarding the same don't really work hand-in-hand, mr. Fred.
I never said it wasn't a cancer for us. The reason why we had trouble finding another alliance to join after we were screwed over was because we had Goonswarm taint on us. Nobody would take us because of that horrid tumor. I think we can speak for ourselves how nobody wants a former goon, we experienced it first hand.
A wise man took pity on us and we were able to prove ourselves again. This was our chemo. This cured us. We seak to administer this cure to the rest of null, by force if necessary.
Anyone other self proclaimed experts on a co
Alizabeth Vea wrote:Sometimes I wonder if Freddy even listens to the words that come out of his mouth. This is why I don't use boosters anymore.
Now, now. Go run back to your corner of insignificance please. You can pretend you are important there. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
120
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 17:02:00 -
[27] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote:Leopold Caine wrote:Fredfredbug4 wrote: The situation is very different. My corporation was betrayed by Goonswarm you see. Thats how filthy these people are.
Well, I believe you best said it yourself: Fredfredbug4 wrote:A CFC alliance or corp is a permanent cancer on your enployment history... By your own words, due to your CFC involvement, you are permanently tainted. Asking for swift destruction of everything barely related to CFC and acting as a penitent regarding the same don't really work hand-in-hand, mr. Fred. I never said it wasn't a cancer for us. The reason why we had trouble finding another alliance to join after we were screwed over was because we had Goonswarm taint on us. Nobody would take us because of that horrid tumor. I think we can speak for ourselves how nobody wants a former goon, we experienced it first hand. A wise man took pity on us and we were able to prove ourselves again. This was our chemo. This cured us. We seak to administer this cure to the rest of null, by force if necessary. Anyone other self proclaimed experts on a co Alizabeth Vea wrote:Sometimes I wonder if Freddy even listens to the words that come out of his mouth. This is why I don't use boosters anymore. Now, now. Go run back to your corner of insignificance please. You can pretend you are important there. Um, Fred, I don't want to be an alarmist, but you're starting to sound like Daina Kim. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2122
|
Posted - 2014.02.13 17:12:00 -
[28] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote: Um, Fred, I don't want to be an alarmist, but you're starting to sound like Daina Kim.
I suppose I do. However unlike her, I have a personal vendetta against Goons rather than a prejudiced hatred.
And even still, my demeanor isn't as hostile as the text would imply. The hyperbolic nature is really just to get under their skin. Im not pounding furiously into my neocom with bushed eyebrows, a red face, and seething teeth and then going outside to kick puppies when I'm finished. Merely writing what would agitate a Goon.
Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Lady Katherine Devonshire
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
248
|
Posted - 2014.02.14 00:14:00 -
[29] - Quote
Gosakumori Noh wrote:Successful insurgency evolves naturally into status quo. The bees behave in accordance with political history, and the circle must complete (or, in this case, the toroid).
This is sad but true. Throughout history, in every society, there have been the high, middle and low. The goal of the high are to remain where they are. The goal of the middle is replace the high. The goal of the low, when they bother to have one, has been abolish all classes. But every now and then the middle manages to trick the low into being the muscle in a revolution against the high by promising them whatever they want to hear. Once it is all over, the middle become the new high, the high get knocked down to the middle, and the low quickly get shoved right back into the same unpleasant position as before.
So Goonswarm did not truly defeat Band of Brothers - they merely took their place. And if anyone ever defeated Goonswarm, then that group would quickly become the new villains of New Eden. The Goonswarm are merely the actors of the moment in a role that is eternal.
The sound of the Amarrian heart |

Gosakumori Noh
Seraglio Hastatus Hagia Sophia
478
|
Posted - 2014.02.14 00:51:00 -
[30] - Quote
Lady Katherine Devonshire wrote:Gosakumori Noh wrote:Successful insurgency evolves naturally into status quo. The bees behave in accordance with political history, and the circle must complete (or, in this case, the toroid). So Goonswarm did not truly defeat Band of Brothers - they merely took their place. And if anyone ever defeated Goonswarm, then that group would quickly become the new villains of New Eden. The Goonswarm are merely the actors of the moment in a role that is eternal.
Thank you for the link, Lady Devonshire. I shall celebrate it with a swish of brandy and perhaps a chocolate chip cookie. No, two of each.
Now, for the record, I do not begrudge any Master its day, and I applaud the Swarm's ability to keep things together as long as it has. The logistical complexity of such an operation is formidable. In truth, I block out its disagreeable statements and root for its success in closing the circle, primarily because I wish to know "what happens next." My belief is that we have passed a tipping point, and that the Swarm shall - within say half of a year - control more of the Cluster's resources than all of its rivals combined. This may already be the case, or close to the case, based on relationships between the Alliance members, but I expect any such ambiguity to evaporate within the proposed time frame.
At that point, only a non-linear increase in the logistical challenge of conquest would stop closure. Resistance would, to borrow a phrase, "be futile."
However, my further belief is that the forces of this emergent shogunate will not be able to abide the boredom of victory, nor will the emergent shogunate have the ability to disarm its knights (as similar empires were able to do under different technological paradigms).
Consequently, the Master of the Master Swarm will, ironically, be the chaos unleashed by victory.
As for the eponymous region, unfortunately, I believe there are only three convenient paths from Fortress Delve to Origin Feythabolis. One is through a cluster@#$! of its own, one is way the @#$! out in the middle of nowhere, and one is Providence. Fortunately for those sympathetic to the glory of Amarr, Providence would not remain particularly important to the emergent shogunate as the circle neared completion. |

Eran Mintor
Esoteric Philosophy
401
|
Posted - 2014.02.14 02:26:00 -
[31] - Quote
Lady Katherine Devonshire wrote:Gosakumori Noh wrote:Successful insurgency evolves naturally into status quo. The bees behave in accordance with political history, and the circle must complete (or, in this case, the toroid). This is sad but true. Throughout history, in every society, there have been the high, middle and low. The goal of the high are to remain where they are. The goal of the middle is replace the high. The goal of the low, when they bother to have one, has been abolish all classes. But every now and then the middle manages to trick the low into being the muscle in a revolution against the high by promising them whatever they want to hear. Once it is all over, the middle become the new high, the high get knocked down to the middle, and the low quickly get shoved right back into the same unpleasant position as before. So Goonswarm did not truly defeat Band of Brothers - they merely took their place. And if anyone ever defeated Goonswarm, then that group would quickly become the new villains of New Eden. The Goonswarm are merely the actors of the moment in a role that is eternal.
I disgree that the middle always becomes the high, however this certainly is an interesting way to look at things.
I prefer where this discussion is heading over where it began.
-Eran
|

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2124
|
Posted - 2014.02.14 02:47:00 -
[32] - Quote
I will give the Goons credit where it is due, the cluster could not have asked for a better villain. No single entity in the galaxy can be both hated by everyone, yet admired by everyone all the same.
They still have to go though, don't get me wrong.
However, a major power rarely falls and disappears. It usually splits off into many different factions. The CFC is a coalition, made up of alliances, made up of corporations, made up of capsuleers. Whether they win or lose, there is no way that so many diverse groups of people with differing interest can exist without a hitch. Look at what happened to the Federation. The Caldari split off and we lost roughly a third of our country as a result.
One screw up, and it's all over for the Goons. Mathematically, philosophically, and what ever "ly" you can think of, gaurantees it will happen eventually. And when it does, I and many others will relish that day.
Additionally, everyone likes to back up the underdogs. Watching someone who always wins is boring. The side that has to struggle and fight against all odds makes for the better story. The Goons will never truly win because there will always be resistance, if only for the sake of resisting. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Constantin Baracca
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
882
|
Posted - 2014.02.14 05:08:00 -
[33] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote:I will give the Goons credit where it is due, the cluster could not have asked for a better villain. No single entity in the galaxy can be both hated by everyone, yet admired by everyone all the same.
They still have to go though, don't get me wrong.
However, a major power rarely falls and disappears. It usually splits off into many different factions. The CFC is a coalition, made up of alliances, made up of corporations, made up of capsuleers. Whether they win or lose, there is no way that so many diverse groups of people with differing interest can exist without a hitch. Look at what happened to the Federation. The Caldari split off and we lost roughly a third of our country as a result.
One screw up, and it's all over for the Goons. Mathematically, philosophically, and what ever "ly" you can think of, gaurantees it will happen eventually. And when it does, I and many others will relish that day.
Additionally, everyone likes to back up the underdogs. Watching someone who always wins is boring. The side that has to struggle and fight against all odds makes for the better story. The Goons will never truly win because there will always be resistance, if only for the sake of resisting.
It also probably doesn't help their case that most of their opponents don't have the courtesy to actually die. For us, truly, "Like victory, defeat is but a moment under the stars." "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"
-Matthew 16:26 |

Malik Kalak
Long Yazi
0
|
Posted - 2014.02.14 05:17:00 -
[34] - Quote
Greetings everyone, I must say that I've enjoyed the discussion about the goons and the future of the space they put their pods in. I find it most insightful and intriguing, no matter how +ªtheric the nature of the future. I must admit that, as time passes, the division of classes, into lower, middle and high, fades from my vision into one plane of existance. Though I see how such a structure makes for a resilient and more manageable and focused chain of command. In the end capsuleers prosper, and capsuleers piloting together prosper together. And everything has it's season, every planet and every region as every corporation and alliance. Granted they vary in span of time, they all exist in the same span of time.
Now as for piloting in Providence, even if you are not on the CVA KOS list, there are other entities piloting there and though many of them operate under NRDS policies, some of them can be quick to cry spy in local and set you red. Leaving little room for neutrals, cause spies be witches and witches be burned after a witch hunt.
It is outside of Concord's safe embrace, treat it as such. |

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc. Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
1664
|
Posted - 2014.02.15 09:27:00 -
[35] - Quote
Malik Kalak wrote:Greetings everyone, I must say that I've enjoyed the discussion about the goons and the future of the space they put their pods in. I find it most insightful and intriguing, no matter how +ªtheric the nature of the future. I must admit that, as time passes, the division of classes, into lower, middle and high, fades from my vision into one plane of existance. Though I see how such a structure makes for a resilient and more manageable and focused chain of command. In the end capsuleers prosper, and capsuleers piloting together prosper together. And everything has it's season, every planet and every region as every corporation and alliance. Granted they vary in span of time, they all exist in the same span of time.
Now as for piloting in Providence, even if you are not on the CVA KOS list, there are other entities piloting there and though many of them operate under NRDS policies, some of them can be quick to cry spy in local and set you red. Leaving little room for neutrals, cause spies be witches and witches be burned after a witch hunt.
It is outside of Concord's safe embrace, treat it as such.
If you're talking about your personal experience, having Jericho Fraction in your employment history was probably the main factor.
If you commit a crime against Providence, simply changing corps won't help. Dulce et decorum est pro imperium mori. |

Myxx
677
|
Posted - 2014.02.16 08:08:00 -
[36] - Quote
http://kos.cva-eve.org/?q=lyris+nairn |

Isus Jarode
Sons of Ivaldi Zero Hour Alliance
7
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 01:34:00 -
[37] - Quote
Fredfredbug4 wrote:I will give the Goons credit where it is due, the cluster could not have asked for a better villain. No single entity in the galaxy can be both hated by everyone, yet admired by everyone all the same.
They still have to go though, don't get me wrong.
However, a major power rarely falls and disappears. It usually splits off into many different factions. The CFC is a coalition, made up of alliances, made up of corporations, made up of capsuleers. Whether they win or lose, there is no way that so many diverse groups of people with differing interest can exist without a hitch. Look at what happened to the Federation. The Caldari split off and we lost roughly a third of our country as a result.
One screw up, and it's all over for the Goons. Mathematically, philosophically, and what ever "ly" you can think of, gaurantees it will happen eventually. And when it does, I and many others will relish that day.
Additionally, everyone likes to back up the underdogs. Watching someone who always wins is boring. The side that has to struggle and fight against all odds makes for the better story. The Goons will never truly win because there will always be resistance, if only for the sake of resisting.
I would remind you, neighbor, of one inherent flaw in your argument: the Federation isn't dead. We not only survived when the Caldari abandoned us, we thrived from our schism. One could even argue that our two great nations have grown stronger because we are apart.
And keep in mind the history of Goonswarm: they have experienced schisms in the past. They rose, clashed against their great foe, stood victorious, and grew bulbous from their spoils. They grew slack from comforts. They collapsed upon themselves, had to rebuild, start fresh. And now they have returned from the ashes. Whose to say that they will ever die? Even if you wiped out every present and former Goon their ideal would survive, their lifestyle would infect others. Goonswarm will not only survive, they shall always return and thrive.
Do not waste your thoughts on pipe dreams, neighbor. Focus on other pressing matters. The Goonswarm are a force now, all one can do is let them pass like the wind and the storm. |

Gosakumori Noh
Seraglio Hastatus Hagia Sophia
492
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 01:53:00 -
[38] - Quote
Isus Jarode wrote:They rose, clashed against their great foe, stood victorious, and grew bulbous from their spoils.
The Swarm is now responsible, either directly or indirectly, for bringing the word "slubberdegullion" and the phrase "grew bulbous from their spoils" to my attention, for which I must necessarily be grateful. I do believe the only enemy which can fell the giant presently is the boredom of its constituent body parts, a process not unlike the bulbousness referred to above. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2127
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 05:09:00 -
[39] - Quote
Isus Jarode wrote:
And keep in mind the history of Goonswarm: they have experienced schisms in the past. They rose, clashed against their great foe, stood victorious, and grew bulbous from their spoils. They grew slack from comforts. They collapsed upon themselves, had to rebuild, start fresh. And now they have returned from the ashes. Whose to say that they will ever die? Even if you wiped out every present and former Goon their ideal would survive, their lifestyle would infect others. Goonswarm will not only survive, they shall always return and thrive.
People said the same about Band of Brothers. Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Kithrus
Deus Fides Empire Curatores Veritatis Alliance
323
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 17:30:00 -
[40] - Quote
I watched this topic for a while thinking: Not sure if serious or just being a goon.
All joking aside I was looking into your request and though I can't speak for the holder council as someone who is a holder and has much invested in our space I can safely say I don't trust you as far as I can shoot you.
And I like my pulse lasers.
CVA-diplo is always open to you if your honest but you don't have my vote as long as you wave that bee flag.
|

Lyris Nairn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
12227
|
Posted - 2014.02.23 00:02:00 -
[41] - Quote
Aside from sniping the third page of my own thread, it does not seem as though I have been able to accomplish much with this topic. Appeals to the folks in CVA-diplo have not yielded the desired result, and the peanut gallery seems to be unanimous in their opinion of me.
Very well. Consider this issue closed. Sky Captain of Your Heart
Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn |

BPTrader
Supernova Industries Supernova Federation
0
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 19:13:00 -
[42] - Quote
Lyris Nairn i'm considering to third party your interest on visiting providence without being molested. Send me 5 billion isk and i will def. make your goals succesfull. |

Fredfredbug4
Eve Defence Force Cult of War
2140
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 20:06:00 -
[43] - Quote
BPTrader wrote:Lyris Nairn i'm considering to third party your interest on visiting providence without being molested. Send me 5 billion isk and i will def. make your goals succesfull.
This guy is scamming, send me the money instead and after a month of peaceful visiting in providence it will not only be returned, but doubled! Watch Fred Fred Frederation and stop cryptozoologist! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it! |

Lyris Nairn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
12227
|
Posted - 2014.02.26 02:29:00 -
[44] - Quote
There is nothing more to see here. The powers which govern Providence have not seen fit that I may peacefully visit.
That is all. Very well. Sky Captain of Your Heart
Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |