| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Yeggstry
|
Posted - 2006.04.27 18:18:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Wilfan Ret'nub
Originally by: bluefox Edited by: bluefox on 16/04/2006 08:23:05 Join forces with FFET as they need some help, theyr product does not work properly since months, and yours is not as complete as theyrs 
It's damn near impossible to work on other people's code that hasn't been written with that in mind. Even if it were, Shadow Cruise is C# programmer (at least stack traces look like that), while FFET is written in Delphi.
Apologies to Shadow for sending this thread a little off topic, but the ECM is written in Delphi, but the new EMS is written in C++. In fact any module created for the EMS can be written in any language that can create DLLs. Also, since it is a modular based system, you don't need to worry about trying to decipher someone else's code if you don't want to, you can work on your own module.
Back on topic, looks good Shadow :) The character information parsing and calculation excercise is a good way of getting your teeth into a new language. ___
Webmaster of FutureFalcon EVE Tools, Home of the ECM and new EVE Management Suite (EMS).
http://www.eve-ffet.com/
|

GeekWarrior
|
Posted - 2006.04.28 00:10:00 -
[62]
Originally by: Emperor D'Hoffryn Anyway we can get a version that doesnt need .NET installed?
as soon as any pogram states .NET as a requirement, I stop reading and move on.
Too bad for you, you're going to be missing out on a lot in the coming years. Why you don't already have it installed (comes with windows update) I haven't a clue. ----------------------------- EVE Addict |

Taes Valkiir
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 20:34:00 -
[63]
if there was a way to add the ability to add proxy settings, it would be appreciated. a lot of us are on college networks, and i'm guessing that's the error behind not being able to download my character's XML file.
see you in the sky. _________________________________________________________
|

Shadow Cruise
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 21:15:00 -
[64]
I found some sample code for using proxy settings, I'll try to add it, I have a looming deadline at my RL job, so I won't be putting out an update for a week or so, keep your eye out for an updated version when its available.
|

SkyRaiderr
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 16:06:00 -
[65]
Initialization Error on startup
|

Maine Sukora
|
Posted - 2006.05.10 07:56:00 -
[66]
Hi Shadow Cruise,
As a professional C# developer for the last few years I can offer some advice.
Fist take a look at CultureInfo.InvariantCulture that you can pass anywhere an IFormatProvider is allowed, this will ignore the local regional settings and use 'standard', which should allow you to read the XML without conversion issues.
Secondly there's samples out there of using the proxy that's defined for the default browser, have a look on CodeProject.com or GotDotNet.com or simmilar sites. If you have a look in the MSDN help on defaultProxy Element (in config files) you'll see that you can specify to useDefaultCredentials (which defaults to false), so just enable it and set default credentials to true and it should connect using the users default details. Here's a snipped of what you could put in your app.config file: <configuration> <system.net> <defaultProxy enabled="true" useDefaultCredentials="true"> <proxy usesystemdefault="true" /> </defaultProxy> </system.net> </configuration>
Thirdly, I would be happy to review your code and confirm if there's any unwanted information sniffing there, which will help give people a little more confidence in the application.
Let me know
|

Krauser
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 22:58:00 -
[67]
Can we expect an update in the near future ? Thx for your efford man :) --
|

Theorion
|
Posted - 2006.05.18 06:44:00 -
[68]
Now dont get me wrong ppl from falcon future !!!
But unless you have the copyrights and patents on your softwares name you have no stand nor any power to force this person into changing his softwares name. Thats standard law.
Also he have made it clear that the program isnt assosiated with your free version. Which btw i am happily using and enjoying very much.
Also ill just take the chance to say thanks for a great product. And i hope that this person do get his software improved and will earn some cash on it in the future of curse. Good luck to you.
|

Keilann
|
Posted - 2006.05.19 18:41:00 -
[69]
I've found this to be very useful -- thanks for the program!
One thing I would like to see added is a "learning skills tweaker" mode. Say you've imported your character, then selected the skills you'd like to learn. Your program currently displays the total time it takes to learn all those skills.
Instead of just stopping right there, the learning skills tweaker will allow you to select what level of each learning skill you want, then re-calculate the total time to learn (including the new learning skills you've selected) -- it will assume the learning skills are trained first, and in the order laid out by learning skills thread.
I'd imagine the tweaker would use a small window with a column for each of the attributes (int, mem, per, etc.). Under each column could be a vertical slider that ranges from 0-10. 0 = skill not learned; 1-5 = level 1-5 of the corresponding basic learning skill; 6-10 = level 1-5 of the corresponding advanced learning skill. Then an additional column for the Learning skill itself that just ranges from 0-5.
|

Agent Sever
|
Posted - 2006.05.24 21:31:00 -
[70]
Where do I get the Character ID from to build a profile? I tried my character name and it doesn't seem to be working.
|

Agent Sever
|
Posted - 2006.05.24 22:12:00 -
[71]
Also how do I download the XML file from the server? Do I need EVE installed on the machine I am running the manager from? I'd like to use this at work to make sure I have skills trained b4 I get home.
|

Solleaes
|
Posted - 2006.05.26 18:31:00 -
[72]
I get error: Parsing Error: value read was [44787399.6448]

|

Agent Sever
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 20:29:00 -
[73]
Hello!?!?!??? Is anyone paying attention anymore?
|

Gavin Kineli
|
Posted - 2006.06.05 01:02:00 -
[74]
Probably busy irl, relax :)
One thing I'd like is if you made the source open, so I can build it myself (mostly so I can verify that no information is going somewhere I don't want it to).
|

Gary Zorg
|
Posted - 2006.06.16 23:00:00 -
[75]
Well it has been 3 weeks since I asked...long time to be busy.
|

Juntos
|
Posted - 2006.06.22 08:43:00 -
[76]
Edited by: Juntos on 22/06/2006 08:44:24 Edited by: Juntos on 22/06/2006 08:44:08 I would also like to know what the character ID is and where I can get it.
I guess this is going the way of FFET and all the others. Seems to be the case that people start these projects then real life comes along and they can no longer get the time. :(
I have tried the FFET ECM and twostep skills. ECM is "bitty" with two apps, hasn't been updated in months and will no longer connect and get character info. twostep is _very_ buggy randomly seeming to delete skills from the list during updates and when you drag a new one across. and now this one, needs a character ID, where the other two just find your characters by account and has again not bee updated for a while.
This is not a whine, mearly a wish that these progs would have their source released, maybe through sourceforge, then if someone wanted to make changes/fixes they wouldn't have to start from scratch.
|

Hon Atsugi
Gallente Galactic Express
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 05:37:00 -
[77]
Originally by: Juntos Edited by: Juntos on 22/06/2006 08:44:24 Edited by: Juntos on 22/06/2006 08:44:08 I would also like to know what the character ID is and where I can get it.
I guess this is going the way of FFET and all the others. Seems to be the case that people start these projects then real life comes along and they can no longer get the time. :(
I have tried the FFET ECM and twostep skills. ECM is "bitty" with two apps, hasn't been updated in months and will no longer connect and get character info. twostep is _very_ buggy randomly seeming to delete skills from the list during updates and when you drag a new one across. and now this one, needs a character ID, where the other two just find your characters by account and has again not bee updated for a while.
This is not a whine, mearly a wish that these progs would have their source released, maybe through sourceforge, then if someone wanted to make changes/fixes they wouldn't have to start from scratch.
For your character ID. Capture a pilot portrait of yourself by right clicking on your ship. Look in your Eve folder under captures. There will be a picture in there xxxxxxxxxxx.jpg. the "xxxxxxxxxxxx" is your ID.
|

DJedi
|
Posted - 2006.11.27 10:33:00 -
[78]
Initialization Error. 
|

Marquis Dean
|
Posted - 2006.11.28 01:48:00 -
[79]
Yep, neither ECM nor EMS works, the whole package is a load of ****e. Probably purely to get people's account details.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |