| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
20
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:07:00 -
[1] - Quote
About a year ago, I remember when this game had over 30 songs playing in the backround songs I loved and kept the games atmosphere going, I would warp into jita and hear the soundtrack "Miner Stories" and see ships warping everywhere, now CCP has taken that experience away from me and newcomers in the future with only 10 songs playing in the backround over and over again, it is unbearable and I hate going on youtube and listening to the songs in 240p. It just really makes me mad that CCP dosen't seem to care about the mood the player is given in EVE Online, It's just my god they FREAKING RUINED IT!!...Does anyone else think the soundtrack should be expanded? |

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
110554
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:16:00 -
[2] - Quote
Many argued about this when it went into effect about a year and a half ago.
Obviously, we got nowhere.
It's just useless head pounding at this point. "He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."-á - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882 |

Xavier Holtzman
Interwebs Cooter Explosion Get Off My Lawn
77
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:18:00 -
[3] - Quote
Taking out the jukebox and all of the great music was one of the dumbest things ccp has ever done. -x |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
23
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:18:00 -
[4] - Quote
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Many argued about this when it went into effect about a year and a half ago.
Obviously, we got nowhere.
It's just useless head pounding at this point.
I'm just wondering why the hell they did it in the first place, instead of expanding and improving the soundtrack in eve, they took away a bunch of a good music from Hallur who worked hard on them and just threw it in the trash, I mean seriously they improved everything else but they got their heads up their asses when they are doing the soundtrack |

Jim Era
8476
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:24:00 -
[5] - Quote
I just mute eve music and play the files from itunes. |

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
110555
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:34:00 -
[6] - Quote
Shadowlightt wrote:Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Many argued about this when it went into effect about a year and a half ago.
Obviously, we got nowhere.
It's just useless head pounding at this point. I'm just wondering why the hell they did it in the first place, instead of expanding and improving the soundtrack in eve, they took away a bunch of a good music from Hallur who worked hard on them and just threw it in the trash, I mean seriously they improved everything else but they got their heads up their asses when they are doing the soundtrack
......and changed Exploration into a Pinata Loot Spew with worthless items (high sec).
There just isn't ever any rationalizing gaming industry decisions. "He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."-á - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882 |

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
93
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:37:00 -
[7] - Quote
Leave high-sec, enjoy the rest of the soundtrack, 'nuff said. |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
25
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:40:00 -
[8] - Quote
Dun'Gal wrote:Leave high-sec, enjoy the rest of the soundtrack, 'nuff said.
There is no rest left, its just all creepy music thats pretty boring if u ask me. |

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
93
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:41:00 -
[9] - Quote
Wrong, that's just null-sec and w-space, low-sec has a great many of the other tracks you so dearly miss. Edit: Plus new ones |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
25
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:44:00 -
[10] - Quote
[quote=Dun'Gal]Wrong, that's just null-sec and w-space, low-sec has a great many of the other tracks you so dearly miss. Edit: Plus new ones[/qu
Well why isn't the music in high sec too? Because most of the eve popuation is in high sec and no one wants to go to low sec and hear the amazing music and then get popped its stupid CCP should've fixed this. |

Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
6922
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:45:00 -
[11] - Quote
Is there anyway of getting hold of the old tunes?
I like Mizhir. Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Carmen Electra - You are also on my block list. |

Octoven
Phoenix Productions Headshot Gaming
355
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:46:00 -
[12] - Quote
I would just be happy with the original playback controls put back in the game. Forget the jukebox, I just want to skip crappy wh music and play another soundtrack. |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
26
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 19:47:00 -
[13] - Quote
They are in the eve soundtrack files, and youtube. but youtube is low quality so :( |

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
93
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 20:02:00 -
[14] - Quote
Shadowlightt wrote:[quote=Dun'Gal]Wrong, that's just null-sec and w-space, low-sec has a great many of the other tracks you so dearly miss. Edit: Plus new ones[/qu
Well why isn't the music in high sec too? Because most of the eve popuation is in high sec and no one wants to go to low sec and hear the amazing music and then get popped its stupid CCP should've fixed this.
That's probably because high-sec isn't the only area of space in the game. |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
27
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 20:03:00 -
[15] - Quote
Dun'Gal wrote:Shadowlightt wrote:[quote=Dun'Gal]Wrong, that's just null-sec and w-space, low-sec has a great many of the other tracks you so dearly miss. Edit: Plus new ones[/qu
Well why isn't the music in high sec too? Because most of the eve popuation is in high sec and no one wants to go to low sec and hear the amazing music and then get popped its stupid CCP should've fixed this. That's probably because high-sec isn't the only area of space in the game.
I'm not going to turn this into an arguement but I still think high sec should get its share of good music. All im saying. |

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld White Mountain Coalition
1144
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 20:07:00 -
[16] - Quote
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Shadowlightt wrote:Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Many argued about this when it went into effect about a year and a half ago.
Obviously, we got nowhere.
It's just useless head pounding at this point. I'm just wondering why the hell they did it in the first place, instead of expanding and improving the soundtrack in eve, they took away a bunch of a good music from Hallur who worked hard on them and just threw it in the trash, I mean seriously they improved everything else but they got their heads up their asses when they are doing the soundtrack ......and changed Exploration into a Pinata Loot Spew with worthless items (high sec). There just isn't ever any rationalizing gaming industry decisions.
The loot pinata is being removed this summer, let's hope the jukebox makes a return too. Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction... |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
27
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 20:08:00 -
[17] - Quote
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Shadowlightt wrote:Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Many argued about this when it went into effect about a year and a half ago.
Obviously, we got nowhere.
It's just useless head pounding at this point. I'm just wondering why the hell they did it in the first place, instead of expanding and improving the soundtrack in eve, they took away a bunch of a good music from Hallur who worked hard on them and just threw it in the trash, I mean seriously they improved everything else but they got their heads up their asses when they are doing the soundtrack ......and changed Exploration into a Pinata Loot Spew with worthless items (high sec). There just isn't ever any rationalizing gaming industry decisions. The loot pinata is being removed this summer, let's hope the jukebox makes a return too.
heres hoping
|

Octoven
Phoenix Productions Headshot Gaming
359
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 20:54:00 -
[18] - Quote
I believe CCP has already said its not coming back, unless we want to have them sacrifice dev time and lose some features for it. Basically it was a blizzard statement. |

Maxxor Brutor
Imperial Collective Unsettled.
31
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 21:03:00 -
[19] - Quote
https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames |

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
667
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 21:14:00 -
[20] - Quote
CCP and sound... *sigh* Remove insurance. |

Xercodo
Xovoni Astronautical Manufacturing and Engineering
3439
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 21:17:00 -
[21] - Quote
Dont use youtube and just let them play from your prefered media player from the directory. The Drake is a Lie |

Lugia3
Emerald Inc.
887
|
Posted - 2014.03.16 21:18:00 -
[22] - Quote
Confirming that no lowsec soundtracks are any more than ambient humming. "CCP Dolan is full of ****." - CCP Bettik |

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
2376
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 00:21:00 -
[23] - Quote
Shadowlightt wrote:I'm just wondering why the hell they did it in the first place
One of the artists asked for $5 of royalties, and Hildar coughed out his skull. Nullsec in a Nutshell: http://nedroid.com/comics/2006-08-24-2155-arrrdino.gif |

Nariya Kentaya
Phoenix funds
1117
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 03:26:00 -
[24] - Quote
Maxxor Brutor wrote:https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames only about 2/3rds of the old songs are on there. |

Invisusira
The Rising Stars The Initiative.
240
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 03:49:00 -
[25] - Quote
MP3s of all the in-game and out-of-game EVE music I could find. I know it's not the same as having the stuff auto-play form the jukebox, but at least you can make your own internet spaceship playlist! meowx.com/EVE/music Core Skills | EVE Music |

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
4437
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 07:42:00 -
[26] - Quote
Be great if our ships had radio receivers that can pick up "stations" in game and perhaps give the client the ability to pipe in Eve Radio and New Eden Radio too.
Of course we would see the day: "all I get in Amarr are religious stations!" Hopefully it would sound like Enigma at least.
Minmatar ..... tribal/Ska?
Caldari is going to have to be Asian-flavored Techno.
Gallente will have the best variety and Intaki will have Country AND Western. Bring back DEEEEP Space! |

Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
276
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 07:53:00 -
[27] - Quote
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:Be great if our ships had radio receivers that can pick up "stations" in game and perhaps give the client the ability to pipe in Eve Radio and New Eden Radio too.
Of course we would see the day: "all I get in Amarr are religious stations!" Hopefully it would sound like Enigma at least.
Minmatar ..... tribal/Ska?
Caldari is going to have to be Asian-flavored Techno.
Gallente will have the best variety and Intaki will have Country AND Western. Considering Caldari has also Finnish influence, how about also heavy metal and classical music. As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia |

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
4438
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 08:14:00 -
[28] - Quote
Anna Karhunen wrote:Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:Be great if our ships had radio receivers that can pick up "stations" in game and perhaps give the client the ability to pipe in Eve Radio and New Eden Radio too.
Of course we would see the day: "all I get in Amarr are religious stations!" Hopefully it would sound like Enigma at least.
Minmatar ..... tribal/Ska?
Caldari is going to have to be Asian-flavored Techno.
Gallente will have the best variety and Intaki will have Country AND Western. Considering Caldari has also Finnish influence, how about also heavy metal and classical music.
Nighwish?
(runs out of room) Bring back DEEEEP Space! |

Elric Cole
11
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 09:15:00 -
[29] - Quote
Jim Era wrote:I just mute eve music and play the files from itunes.
I did this and added all the old EVE tracks I could find into a playlist. Also added other artists like Alexei Zakharov (X ReBirth OST), Alien hand, Two Steps From Hell, Jo Blankenburg, Epic Score and a couple more than seem to fit well into this space theme, for me anyways. |

Ralph King-Griffin
Var Foundation inc.
388
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 09:56:00 -
[30] - Quote
i used to play this while mining...before i got fixed If in doubt...do...excessively. |

AnnaSeliya Saisima
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
4
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 15:41:00 -
[31] - Quote
I just want the jukebox back. |

Anabella Rella
Gradient
1589
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 16:22:00 -
[32] - Quote
It seems that CCP couldn't care less about the music in game. Sorry but, throwing some of the old soundtrack up on a third party website and requiring me to use an external application while playing the game is ludicrous. Eve is the only game I know of that does this for basic in-game music. Hearing the same 8-10 tracks repeated over and over just makes me turn the sound off. That's a real shame too because many of those tracks were iconic and they truly enhanced my Eve experience.
Many of us asked in a long-running thread in the F&I sub-forum that this decision be reconsidered but, were howled down by the bittervets on the CSM at the time and their shills. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the jukebox to return. Audio in general and the game soundtrack in particular just aren't high priorities. Pity. When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around. |

Elric Cole
12
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 16:26:00 -
[33] - Quote
Elric Cole wrote:Jim Era wrote:I just mute eve music and play the files from itunes. I did this and added all the old EVE tracks I could find into a playlist. Also added other artists like: Alexei Zakharov (X ReBirth OST), Alien hand, Two Steps From Hell, Jo Blankenburg, Epic Scoreand a couple more than seem to fit well into this space theme, for me anyways.
|

Sintiar Loffwagea
The Scope Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 17:33:00 -
[34] - Quote
did u know , i mute all BGM because it's pretty boring and same as always , and i open my personnel audio for enjoy myself but it's not feel fit with games . but it's better that bored BGM that has now.
Edit . for me at this BGM it's pretty agony tone. |

Angeleh
Silverflames
16
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 17:37:00 -
[35] - Quote
Problem with playing it in your out of game music player is, it does not change with context - there is no response in the music to changing empire space, entering combat etc.
I definitely think they should put the Jukebox back in. |

Leevor
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
0
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 18:10:00 -
[36] - Quote
Maxxor Brutor wrote:https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames
I like that Bonanza Excavation and Pirates Den |

Shizuken
Venerated Stars
201
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 19:06:00 -
[37] - Quote
Xavier Holtzman wrote:Taking out the jukebox and all of the great music was one of the dumbest things ccp has ever done.
I think part of it had to do with the software they were using. I used to dual box on two comps at the time, one was a macbook pro. For some reason they never figured out, the songs would randomly end and not play the full track. So instead of a full fix I think they half-assed it until they had resources to throw at it. |

DaReaper
Net 7 The Last Brigade
253
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 23:40:00 -
[38] - Quote
I have the orginial sound track I won from eve vegas (the very first one in 06) and the 10th aniversy symphony. But yea I miss listening to 'below the asteroids' as I ran around |

Real Serious PVPer
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
9
|
Posted - 2014.03.17 23:43:00 -
[39] - Quote
In space, there are no sounds, just PVP.
-áSerious about being serious- Putting the "P "into PVP one fight at a time. -áMUFC |

IDGAD
The Scope Gallente Federation
87
|
Posted - 2014.03.18 07:11:00 -
[40] - Quote
Shadowlightt wrote:Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Many argued about this when it went into effect about a year and a half ago.
Obviously, we got nowhere.
It's just useless head pounding at this point. I'm just wondering why the hell they did it in the first place, instead of expanding and improving the soundtrack in eve, they took away a bunch of a good music from Hallur who worked hard on them and just threw it in the trash, I mean seriously they improved everything else but they got their heads up their asses when they are doing the soundtrack
They actually gave an official response and claimed that "Not enough people used it to justify leaving it in". From the data they supposedly collected around the times of the UI changes, they came to the conclusion that it was one of the least used functions, and they quickly removed it. Apparently the SEVERAL hundred page original thread was not enough for them to see the data they gathered was more fallacious than a fundamentalist christian arguing for a young earth. Sadly since they are CCP, they stuck to their bad decision as always and never backed down in fear of people thinking they could actually make a difference in the future lol. |

AnnaSeliya Saisima
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
7
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 10:53:00 -
[41] - Quote
well, I don't think "not enough people used it" is a good excution for removing the jukebox. why not just keep it for someone who likes it? |

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
2954
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 11:00:00 -
[42] - Quote
Did they get rid of the crappy '90s triphop tracks from mission sites yet? Oh god. |

Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
132
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 11:14:00 -
[43] - Quote
Dun'Gal wrote:Leave high-sec, enjoy the rest of the soundtrack, 'nuff said.
I totally enjoy the whale sounds of Fountain. Over and over and over and over again. 
That said, Chribba's eve-files.com has some large archives of eve's music. OP might want to check those out. |

Jaxo Enaka
State War Academy Caldari State
8
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 12:04:00 -
[44] - Quote
Tollen Gallen wrote:Is there anyway of getting hold of the old tunes?
Should be them:
http://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/sets/eve-online-in-game-tracks/ |

Zifrian
Licentia Ex Vereor Black Core Alliance
1429
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 12:42:00 -
[45] - Quote
Shadowlightt wrote:Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Many argued about this when it went into effect about a year and a half ago.
Obviously, we got nowhere.
It's just useless head pounding at this point. I'm just wondering why the hell they did it in the first place, instead of expanding and improving the soundtrack in eve, they took away a bunch of a good music from Hallur who worked hard on them and just threw it in the trash, I mean seriously they improved everything else but they got their heads up their asses when they are doing the soundtrack They said it was duplicative and you had to keep updating it to keep up with the new changes in music players I think. Seems like it was the same reason that Google nixxed the Gmail notifier. It wasn't relevant enough for the times to continue using resources to upkeep it. I don't really get it honestly.
But oh well, it's gone and probably not coming back. Just have to figure out a work around. GÇ£Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do. GÇ¥ - Dale Carnegie
Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour! |

Xeator
soldiers.fi
20
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 12:44:00 -
[46] - Quote
I liked the music that you got on missions when warping through acceleration gates. Other than that I got bored of the same music looping over and over so now I have no music :( |

Zifrian
Licentia Ex Vereor Black Core Alliance
1429
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 12:55:00 -
[47] - Quote
Thanks for this! I totally forgot about it. GÇ£Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do. GÇ¥ - Dale Carnegie
Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour! |

BrundleMeth
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
73
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 13:49:00 -
[48] - Quote
I turned off the music day1 when I started 5 years ago. I don't care about any of it... |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
52
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 14:17:00 -
[49] - Quote
Im still confused as to why they removed some sountrack songs in the first place why decrease the number of songs in the playlist? |

Sarah McKnobbo
McKnobbo Universal Traders
113
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 15:20:00 -
[50] - Quote
Shadowlightt wrote:I'm not going to turn this into an arguement but I still think high sec should get its share of good music. All im saying.
Stealthiest 'buff hi-sec' thread ever? 
|

Catherine Wolfisheim
State War Academy Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 15:24:00 -
[51] - Quote
Could someone link to the developer post when the change happened? If so, are we sure that never a developer commented on the matter? |

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
1386
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 15:39:00 -
[52] - Quote
Catherine Wolfisheim wrote:Could someone link to the developer post when the change happened? If so, are we sure that never a developer commented on the matter?
Not going to do your work for you  http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/73569 but I remember at least 2 dev responses saying there was a "vote" up and "we" agreed to have the jbx removed.
I for one never saw this option/poll/query to say 'yes/no jukebox has to go' and although I didn't use it much, I do miss it.
But hey, the bright side is that the freed-up dev time to maintain the jukebox can now be allocated to fix the old pos code. Am I right CCP?
CCP?  |

Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
81
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 15:40:00 -
[53] - Quote
I think Forrest Gump said something along the lines of 'stupid is as stupid does'. He was probably thinking of CCP when he said that.  |

Shadowlightt
Apex Innovations
52
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 17:31:00 -
[54] - Quote
Bethan Le Troix wrote:I think Forrest Gump said something along the lines of 'stupid is as stupid does'. He was probably thinking of CCP when he said that.  Agree with u on that ccp devs need,to get their act together |

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld White Mountain Coalition
1182
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 23:04:00 -
[55] - Quote
Pak Narhoo wrote:Catherine Wolfisheim wrote:Could someone link to the developer post when the change happened? If so, are we sure that never a developer commented on the matter? Not going to do your work for you  http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/73569 but I remember at least 2 dev responses saying there was a "vote" up and "we" agreed to have the jbx removed.  I for one never saw this option/poll/query to say 'yes/no jukebox has to go' and although I didn't use it much, I do miss it. But hey, the bright side is that the freed-up dev time to maintain the jukebox can now be allocated to fix the old pos code. Am I right CCP? CCP? 
There was a login survey about how many people used the jukebox, but never a direct choice about keeping it or dropping it. Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction... |

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
268
|
Posted - 2014.03.22 23:13:00 -
[56] - Quote
Mara Pahrdi wrote:CCP and sound... *sigh*
Large Beams... |

Alia Ravenswing
DARK HAT
6
|
Posted - 2014.03.23 01:51:00 -
[57] - Quote
They use to be a bunch of MP3s that you could simply copy out and play in media Player in the background, but the screwed up the jukebox, and now they removed the music. There were roughly 80 tracks.
|

Alia Ravenswing
DARK HAT
6
|
Posted - 2014.03.23 01:54:00 -
[58] - Quote
I found the following link where you SHOULD be able to download the soundtrack. I can't vouch for it, but you could look into it. |

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
96
|
Posted - 2014.03.23 11:14:00 -
[59] - Quote
Alia Ravenswing wrote:I found the following link where you SHOULD be able to download the soundtrack. I can't vouch for it, but you could look into it. Is it following you? Because it hasn't made an appearance here yet. |

Erin Crawford
37
|
Posted - 2014.03.23 11:26:00 -
[60] - Quote
meowx.com/EVE/music |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |