| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jordane
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:02:00 -
[1]
Hi,
In the ship I currently fly, my cap recharge rate is 225.
Could anyone tell me please how to calculate how much my cap recharges per second? I can figure out easily how much my modules use per second, but I'd like to know how much my cap recharge offsets what I use...
Many thanks!!
Jordane
|

Lola
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:03:00 -
[2]
If you find out please let me know. ----------------------------------------- Sig rented by Drethen Nerevitas. |

Erty
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:04:00 -
[3]
cap / 225 
This is my signature. |

Jordane
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:09:00 -
[4]
thx for that!!
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:10:00 -
[5]
Quote: cap / 225 
3881/782 = 4,96 Running 3 shield hardeners (3*2 cap/sec) doesn't drain my cap at all (which you surely know of already) 
|

illuminati
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:15:00 -
[6]
This is simple maths here.
(Total cap) / (cap recharge time in seconds) = your cap unit recharge per second
At least it's supposed to be like that, not taking into account any strange experience Jarjar might have had lately :)
|

Athule Snanm
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:22:00 -
[7]
Cap recharge is non-linear isn't it? ie going from 0% to 10% is way quicker than going from 90% to 100%. This is why people with balanced setups have cap that hovers at a certain percentage rather than tending fairly quickly to 0% or 100%.
I guess if someone wanted to do some numerical analysis of the results or grab the formulae and do some integration you could get a better answer.
_______________________________
Doomheim - EVE's only hygiene! |

illuminati
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:27:00 -
[8]
Edited by: illuminati on 19/09/2003 13:28:21 Good point. It has always seemed non-linear. I'm not sure either of us would spend time plotting/assimilating or integrating it to get exact values though, hehe
Shoot, wait, shoot again aight 
Edit: or maybe it is linear but the graphics are not?
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 14:00:00 -
[9]
Yes, it is non-linear. You can use pretty much more cap than simple calculations would show 
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 14:49:00 -
[10]
Linear math is boring... ;)
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Anisitol
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 15:23:00 -
[11]
I was bored so I plotted the cap recharge on my Dominix.
Cap recharge
I depleted my cap and then took a screenshot every 10 seconds using a macro script. Top graph is capacitor, bottom is recharge rate. Max cap = 2587 (2 MWDs fitted) Recharge time = 696 seconds (according to ship info)
Quite interesting how the recharge rate is lower when cap is low...
Also note that it actually takes longer time to fully recharge than the specified recharge time. A lot longer... I recharged 2577 cap in 860 seconds. 
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 15:26:00 -
[12]
must consider the average speed.
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Drahcir Nasom
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 15:32:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Drahcir Nasom on 19/09/2003 15:34:23 I just ran my cap down and then let it recharge and recorded at various points. It is almost linear to about 60% but then it shoots up. The stated recharge time for my capaicitor was 402 seconds, it reached 60% in 112s, 85% after 198s (85% recharged after 50% of the recharge time), and was at 98.8% at the 402s point, and took a further 250 seconds to reach 100% charge.
If someone elese want to work out the maths, here are the figures:-
0% 0s, 5% 13s, 10% 23s, 15% 32s, 20% 40s, 25% 48s, 30% 56s, 35% 64s, 40% 73s, 45% 82s, 50% 91s, 55% 101s, 60% 112s, 65% 125s, 70% 139s, 75% 154s, 80% 173s, 85% 198s, 90% 231s, 95% 288s, 96% 307s, 97% 330s, 98% 362s, 98.8% 402s, 99% 417s, 99.2% 433s, 99.4% 455s, 99.5% 468s, 99.6% 485s, 99.7% 505s, 99.8% 533s, 99.9% 578s, 100% 662s
This was tested at 4 capacitor total values but the same recharge time, and the above is the average of the 4 runs, the cap total values were 3553, 2664, 1998 and 1498.
Drahcir
|

Ana Khouri
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 16:08:00 -
[14]
Quote: I was bored so I plotted the cap recharge on my Dominix.
Cap recharge
I depleted my cap and then took a screenshot every 10 seconds using a macro script. Top graph is capacitor, bottom is recharge rate. Max cap = 2587 (2 MWDs fitted) Recharge time = 696 seconds (according to ship info)
Quite interesting how the recharge rate is lower when cap is low...
Yes, noticed that as well. When I forgot to disable my shiedl booster and it ate all cap. It took ages to get to a decent recharge again - barely escape the spawn I was hunting with about 10% armor and 20% hull.
My previous estimate of the max cap recharge rate was around 225% of the normal one (estimated by activating modules/weapons and seehing when my cap was shrinking). Let's see when we get here.
Your average cap recharge rate per second is 3.7, the max seems at 10-13% with 9,65 cap/s.
That means max cap recharge = 270% of average recharge.
free speech not allowed here |

Stue
|
Posted - 2003.09.20 04:45:00 -
[15]
Great graph there, Anisitol.
So the fastest recharge rate ist when your cap is at about 1/3 to 1/2 of total cap. In your case 750-1000 of 2500.
|

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.09.20 05:00:00 -
[16]
the capacitor recharge rate is determined by a logarithmic function (inverse of exponential)
total cap / cap time only gives you the average _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

Lola
|
Posted - 2003.09.20 05:00:00 -
[17]
Stue, nice sig. ----------------------------------------- Sig rented by Drethen Nerevitas. |

Golgrath
|
Posted - 2003.09.20 05:22:00 -
[18]
doesnt look logarithmic, would be without the slow increase at low capac
|

Dobbo
|
Posted - 2003.09.20 07:22:00 -
[19]
The Cap recharge rate is sorta like a Half Parabola, the less cap you have the More it will recharge, the more you have the less and less it will recharge. Now the Cap Recharge rate number is just some number that is a base to this calculation...I dunna wanna do the math tonight, maybe tomorrow, University Calculus and other stuff suck lol.....maybe that helps?...hehe ---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |