| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Cairo dog
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:28:00 -
[1]
Light drones? :D -------------------------------------
Murder murder!!!! Kill them all! (I like the happy place)
|

Bland Inquisitor
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:28:00 -
[2]
I run level 4's day and night for fun and i am getting angry because of the sheer amount of time it takes to kill a frigate.
Frigs that are webbed/nossed/blasted with close range ammo and have 5 orges on them still tank the damage
Does anyone else find this frustrating
Lost Dawn Technologies Is Recruiting :D |

SajuurCor
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:29:00 -
[3]
Heavy and Medium drones are really poor at hitting them, light will tear them to pieces.
|

Bland Inquisitor
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:29:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Cairo dog Light drones? :D
Don't work, tried, they just tank it, i mean they rep all of there armor so quickly
Lost Dawn Technologies Is Recruiting :D |

PredatorPT
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:29:00 -
[5]
Medium drones are more than enough to kill any frig in L4's. (T2 does the job very effectively, too)
|

Baldour Ngarr
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:31:00 -
[6]
Target painter? Large smartbomb? ________________________________________________
"I tried strip mining, but I lost, and it's cold flying around in space naked." |

Bland Inquisitor
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:33:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr Target painter? Large smartbomb?
Extravs have gates and u land on them so smartbomb is out the question
Im about to try medium drones
Lost Dawn Technologies Is Recruiting :D |

Sarmaul
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:35:00 -
[8]
light drones and better skills? if they are elite npc frigs, make sure you use the drones they are weakest too
|

Baldour Ngarr
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:35:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr Target painter? Large smartbomb?
Extravs have gates and u land on them so smartbomb is out the question
No it isn't. I use smartbombs. ________________________________________________
"I tried strip mining, but I lost, and it's cold flying around in space naked." |

Bland Inquisitor
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:37:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr Target painter? Large smartbomb?
Extravs have gates and u land on them so smartbomb is out the question
No it isn't. I use smartbombs.
You cannot use smartbombs witin 5km of a accleration gate or concord ass *****u
Lost Dawn Technologies Is Recruiting :D |

Baldour Ngarr
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:38:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr Target painter? Large smartbomb?
Extravs have gates and u land on them so smartbomb is out the question
No it isn't. I use smartbombs.
You cannot use smartbombs witin 5km of a accleration gate or concord ass *****u
In which case, grow a pair and go do missions in low sec. No Concord, and also the rewards are three times the size. ________________________________________________
"I tried strip mining, but I lost, and it's cold flying around in space naked." |

schurem
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:38:00 -
[12]
My drones (heavies) pwn all easily enough when im flying domi. On the Machariel, approach, web and a tracking comp allow the heavy AC's to hit necely enough. Vaporize isnt the right word, but its the closes i could come up with.  If you cant kill some frig, you should have a good look at its resists and the dmg you are dealing. Even T2 ogres might have a problem busting something that has an 88% resist to therm 
<<<< No Boundaries, No Fences, Fly Free Or Die Trying >>>>
Typhoon for the win. Nastier than whats faster, faster than whats nastier! |

Bland Inquisitor
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:41:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
Originally by: Baldour Ngarr Target painter? Large smartbomb?
Extravs have gates and u land on them so smartbomb is out the question
No it isn't. I use smartbombs.
You cannot use smartbombs witin 5km of a accleration gate or concord ass *****u
In which case, grow a pair and go do missions in low sec. No Concord, and also the rewards are three times the size.
No offence but shut up please, i asked for help not for an offensive little sour boy to come and troll my thread thanks
Lost Dawn Technologies Is Recruiting :D |

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:41:00 -
[14]
I don't think smartbombs even hit acceleration gates anymore, and I don't think CONCORD attacks you either. Don't take my word for it though.
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

HippoKing
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:43:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Dark Shikari I don't think smartbombs even hit acceleration gates anymore, and I don't think CONCORD attacks you either. Don't take my word for it though.
what i thought
|

Pardack
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:44:00 -
[16]
I find that cruise launchers + 5 med drones (hammerheads usually) can take care of frigs quite nicely in L4s. Usually I don't even put the launchers on them as the drones take care of them but if I run into some of the tougher rats and my drones are taking damage, I'll lob a few missiles at them to take them down faster.
If I'm going into a mission where I know there's a lot of frigs I'll fit a 125/150mm rail just for the frigs.
Either way - to answer the question, no it's not frustrating, it's your setup.
|
|

wystler

|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:51:00 -
[17]
Either:
Webify the interceptor, use keep range to around 3km, and kill it with close range guns
OR
Use drones (medium is best in my experience) to kill it
Don't set drones on an interceptor which you are webifying as it means they orbit it too fast and can't track 
|
|

Ather Ialeas
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:55:00 -
[18]
Dunno what the frigs are like in lvl4 missions but I've found them to be a complete pain in the rear even in lvl3 missions. It takes me more time to take down one 25k/30k frigate than several 35-50k cruisers and about as long as a higher bounty cruiser or a low bounty bc. Dunno what's wrong in here, my lack of skills (I usually use 3 light drones/2 light and 1 med, web and missiles against them) or some other factor I have no idea of. ________________________________________________ My signature exploded :/ |

Pardack
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 14:55:00 -
[19]
Also if you haven't already, train up your drone skills. Training Drone Interfacing, Drone Durability, Drone Navigation and Drone Sharpshooting to at least 3 or 4 help keep your drones alive longer and do more damage to take out those frigs faster.
|

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 15:05:00 -
[20]
Don't use a webber when you have light or medium drones chase a 'ceptor. You'll screw their tracking.
Large drones have horrible tracking and will miss or hit for low damage often.
Smartbombs are mostly useless since RMR as most NPC orbite outside the 5km (7,5km for faction/officer smarties) range.
Light precisions just rip through those fast and annoying things. You don't have to buy them. It is your choice. But when I look at my sales, I can see that more and more pilots repeatedly get their light precisions. --*=*=*-- Megadon CCP wanted a well known artist and celebrity to test the new font so it's approval would be well known. They got Ray |

Verdon Teraskun
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 15:06:00 -
[21]
To kill lev III mission interceptors I move to 100km and snipe :P
That only works though if they don't aggro on warp in.
|

Pardack
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 15:07:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Ather Ialeas Edited by: Ather Ialeas on 14/05/2006 14:55:49 Dunno what the frigs are like in lvl4 missions but I've found them to be a complete pain in the rear even in lvl3 missions. It takes me more time to take down one 25k/30k frigate than several 35-50k cruisers and about as long as a higher bounty cruiser or a low bounty bc. Dunno what's wrong in here, my lack of skills (I usually use 2 light drones and one med, sometimes 2 med and 1 light, web and missiles against them) or some other factor I have no idea of.
As wystler mentioned, if it's an interceptor, don't web it and put drones on it - they won't hit. Take it out with guns/missiles.
I've found a Target Painter II works wonders (~20-25% more damage) on the smaller frigs. It all comes down to fitting for the mission. If you know what you're getting into, it makes fitting your ship that much easier - setup to counter what's coming at you.
|

Tehyarec
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 15:07:00 -
[23]
Edited by: Tehyarec on 14/05/2006 15:12:02 It's the webifier bug mostly. Like many others besides me have noticed, often if you have an NPC tackler webified, it stops taking damage at some point. Drones won't do anything to it, and sometimes guns won't do anything either - you get hit after hit, but nothing happens, they take no damage but instead their shield or armor just starts replenishing eventually. It's a bug, plain and simple, and only really happens when the target is webified. The only solution that really does anything is to take off the web and unleash light drones on the buggers, and hope it can't tank them.
As it is, even level 3 NPC tacklers are indeed harder to kill than the damned cruisers.
EDIT: One example from yesterday, I webified a Mercenary Wingman. It was at around 7500 meters from we, transversal was about 50 meters per second - low enough to easily hit it with my rails. And indeed, I was hitting it just fine, my medium drones were firing at it (and supposedly hitting just fine), but the damn thing just stopped reacting to any hits when it was starting to go to structure. It simple didn't take any more damage, until I released the web and let a flight of light drones at it. Sometimes it doesn't take damage even right after you web the enemy, sometimes it just stops taking damage a bit later. It is a very stupid and annoying bug.
|

Bland Inquisitor
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 15:08:00 -
[24]
Thanks for all your help
have stopped using the webber and using med drones on them and it's really helped
Thanks again
appreciate it :)
Lost Dawn Technologies Is Recruiting :D |

Pardack
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 15:24:00 -
[25]
Nice to hear it's helping. Good luck on those L4s, looks like you'll be taking them down faster now :)
|

Deja Thoris
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 15:46:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
You cannot use smartbombs witin 5km of a accleration gate or concord ass *****u
No they dont. You can sit on top of an acceleration gate and smartbomb away.
Anyway, I use 2 frig guns and 5 racial medium drones. I have no problems.
|

Tristan
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 16:00:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Tristan on 14/05/2006 16:02:06 The fact still remains though, that the damned friggs take more shooting at to kill than the damned battleships! whats up with that!?!?
its stupid, when they brought in the directional hit and traking stuff they went a bit over the top IMO and made "throwaway" cheap frigs harder to kill than 100million isk battleships.
PLease sort it CCP, ok have them a bit harder to hit so they are effective in combat, sure, but as they are now is retarded. I tend to warp in at 80KM, lock them then fire off two of my L guns at them, soon as they agro and start flying towards me they pop instantly at that range. However once they start getting close, or flying in a different direction - like when they spread out to "surround" you, you cant hit them for crap, even with M guns. When using Accel gates though you dont have that luxury of range.
One thing i found that helps a lot is having a Heavy Webifier drone in my drone mix. It doesent stop the frigates dead in their tracks on its own, but it does slow them down a fair bit making my medium drones job a lot easier, and you get a few hits on them with your guns too.
I still say its snafu though, specially when they repair their whole armour in one go as you mentioned. I find the Tristans are oft harder to kill than any other frigate. Even more than Elites like condors, medium dronesd shred them to bits since they dont tend to fly about too much.
|

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 16:04:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Bland Inquisitor
Originally by: Cairo dog Light drones? :D
Don't work, tried, they just tank it, i mean they rep all of there armor so quickly
Up your drone skills then. I have around 500k sps in drones and my 5 t1 light drones can take down the kyoukans and webifiers in guristas missions.
Sure I kill a cruiser with heavy missiles faster than they kill a frig, but I just let them move from frig to frig, and they kill the ones that dont die to missiles when they MWD towards me.
|

000Hunter000
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 16:31:00 -
[29]
hm.. sofar i usually deal with npc inties from a distance and then it's easy, target them and spam ur cm's at them (if ur flying a raven that is) at one point the inties will hit their OMGZORSNPCSCHEATINDEADSPACEMWD and they die.
For close range my wing of med T2 dronies eat them up nicely
|

Galk
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 17:55:00 -
[30]
Try an astarte, it's the best argo ds frig killer aside smartbombs. ______ Long ago one gorgeous night, we let the stars grow free. We let Zhuge do that once, he came back carrying a traffic cone, a forsale sign and three empty bottles of dutch lager. He also lost his Zimmer Frame... - Imaran
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |