| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jalinti Tyris
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 18:52:00 -
[1]
The subject is the question.
I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile to go back with an indy, or to drag around a slow BC in order to get the cans on level 3 missions, or if the ISK/time is better if you just get the bounties and rewards all quick-like. Anybody done any research on this? |

Waenn Ironstaff
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 19:15:00 -
[2]
I started doing level 3 missions last night and for now, my opinion is mixed...
On one mission, I got an implant that gves dmg bonus to projectile weapons while others have given me named cargo expanders (the expensive ones). At other times, I get named frigate size weapons. But often I get junk like Miners I which I collect for reprocessing.
Also the tags dropped are always good for money. Can sometimes add 500-700k on top of the mission reward and bonus.
Can't ait for a tractor beam to put on my ferox.
|

Father Weebles
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 19:22:00 -
[3]
yes, always loot no matter how crappy. I can almost build a dominix, but im low on zyd and mega. I found a 34 mil implant, infernal force field array(goes for 15 mil), 2 other 1+ mil dmg controls, lots of good 1mn ab's that go for 1.5, proto rails, arbalest heavy launchers, advanced limos and prolly more stuff ive forgotten.
|

Elseenas
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 19:26:00 -
[4]
I've picked up enough "really cool" stuff by grabbing level 3 cans that I consider it worth it, so I started dragging around a tractor beam for just the occasion (the ferox is *not* the fastest ship in the world).
|

Iudex
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 19:28:00 -
[5]
I think generally it's a timewaste to go after cans in lvl 3s. Expecially if you have high lp-increasing skills (eg. political/military connection) you would make more money doing one more mission in the time you need to pick up the cans with a bc. Of corse there are some exceptions. That missions with more parts, "Technological Secret" and "Unauthorisized Presence" give usually good loot that is worth picking it up. Last two times i did that "Unauthorisized Presence" i looted cargo expanders worth 9m from that R.S.Officer. So this ones are maybe worth looting, just instadock at your station, get a fast frig with a gist-ab and loot the cans, it's faster then doing it with the bc. There are also a few others which you should keep an eye for, expecially when high-bounty ships are involved (some 200m+ in lvl3s are interesting). On the rest my suggestion would be (if your tank is ok) to shoot the bold ones first, name the containers, and pick up the loot while you finish the rest, but warp away when all enemies are dead, not to loot the small cruisers and frigs, this way you don't waste time.
|

Taaii
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 19:35:00 -
[6]
I spend most of my attention on lvl 3's waiting for the can to arrrive from the tractor beam. Target mob..hit missles..look for another loot can.
|

Drayce
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 21:22:00 -
[7]
I'd say it was definately worth it.
The way I do it is fly in with my Nighthawk, turn everything to toast, bookmark a can in every stage of the mission, fly back and hand in the mission then warp to each bookmark in my Cormorant that I have fitted with an afterburner and 5 tractor beams. Takes very little time and the rewards are well worth it (reprocessing the crap loot adds up in minerals pretty fast and has given me a 30mill bonus after a few months of collecting)
|

Minsc
|
Posted - 2006.05.29 21:24:00 -
[8]
I always pick up cans in missions, whether they are level 3 or 4. The amount of ore I get from reprocessing them is more than enough to make all of the ammo/drones I could ever need, I usually fit a tractor beam on my ships now but I've also put together a looting indy with 2 tractor beams and a bunch of overdrive injectors in the lows, still have like 3k space but go 880 m/s with ab on and can pull in t cans at a time. If i've got 40-50 cans waiting to be scooped can usually do it in 10 mins or less, not that much time really considering what you can get from them.
|

Colubra
|
Posted - 2006.05.30 00:58:00 -
[9]
Yesterday I scored an Arbalest Heavy Missile Launcher in a level 3. The sell orders on them start at over 8 million.
On the same mission I picked up several CPU bonus mods that all retail around one million each and generally made I think around 15 million from loot, on top of the bounties and mission rewards.
The mission was The Missing Reporters (Level 2)
So yes, looting is good in level 3s.
|

Talos Munjab
|
Posted - 2006.05.30 01:13:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Talos Munjab on 30/05/2006 01:13:28 loot everything there can sometime be very nice stuff in cans, and whats more the crap stuff can be reprocessed to build a shiny new ships.
i built a phoon just from the loot i reprossesed and i dont mine 
once i start on lv4 missions properly (need the standings) then whoot loot loot loot
|

Sara 7
|
Posted - 2006.05.30 04:55:00 -
[11]
My little contribution to this question is ...
OF COURSE IT'S WORTH LOOTING
However, if you are trying to maximise the ISK/hr or whatever measure you have, then you need to think about how efficiently you are doign this.
For example, in my cyclone, I carry a small tractor at all times for picking up cans out to 20km. There have been plenty of times that I pick up all the available loot cans before I have finished killing the next spawn or aggro group.
The tractor's range also alleviate somewhat the necessity of flying 20km one way to pick up a can and then having to fly that 20km back and another 15k off to the next.
Tractor Beams FTW !!
|

Kery Nysell
|
Posted - 2006.05.30 08:13:00 -
[12]
I've looted a few Dread Guristas shield hardeners in level 1 (!!) missions ...
It's always worth it to loot ... you'll get 99.5% of reprocessable junk, but that 0.5% of good loot will usually sell for much more than the mission rewards.
Best way to do it, at least in my opinion : bookmark a can in each pocket, come back within an hour with a Sigil (Amarr Industrial) fitted with five Nanofibers, an Afterburner and two Tractor Beams (that thing can fly at 1000 m/s ...) and loot everything.
|

jaffro
|
Posted - 2006.05.30 08:16:00 -
[13]
I've always been a fan of looting the crap dropped in missions... especially ever since the day I found a 1 run Gila BPC in a can on a reasonably easy lvl 3 mission... built it with minerals I'd obtained by refining all the useless crap from other missions, sold it for 80 mill in about 15 minutes.
as previously mentioned, tractor beams and/or hauler alt 4tw!!
|

Hectaire Glade
|
Posted - 2006.05.30 08:24:00 -
[14]
Loot everything except cap charges, they eat cargo space, for most level 3s you should be able to loot the vast majority of the mission with a HAC or BC cargo bay.
Its definately worth it, those mods which sell for 100K+ soon add up, if its less than 100K then recycle it and buidl ships to sell. I run mostly level 4s and some level 3s and loot everything, I produce on average 1 tier 1 BS every three weeks for recycled loot, its free easy coin and tops up the margin quite nicely. adam.sweetman.com/eveonlinesig.jpg[/IMG]
Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, not exceeding 24000 bytes, ty - Cortes |

343Guiltyspark
|
Posted - 2006.05.30 18:10:00 -
[15]
I pick up everything, even the crap. It's worth it either to reprocess or sell. I've millions from selling crap loot. Sell 1000 shield booster I's and it adds up.
|

Asmodi Mhul
|
Posted - 2006.05.31 02:19:00 -
[16]
Level 3's in a Raven with 2 tractor beams works pretty well. I don't mount an AB so it makes looting doable or I bring an alt along in a support ship to loot. The tiny cargo space of the Ferrox is what moved me to a Raven so quickly. Those cap charges may take up space but they reprocess very nicely and the higher end mins collect rather quickly 
|

Tyranical Teabagger
|
Posted - 2006.05.31 15:29:00 -
[17]
I personally always loot everything. You never know when you'll get something good and all the junk can just can be reprecessed and turned into ammo, ships, drones, etc. I have a 2nd char I follow behind my main in an iteronV. Load it out with nanos, ab and cap boosters, and 2 tractors in the highs and you loose almost 0 time picking up the loot. Also every now and then you'll find that 30mil+ loot. on one lvl4 I bet I picked up 30-40 mil easy in just good names modules. That's not counting crap refine loot, bounties, and mission rewards. Granted this doesn't happen (to me anyway) really often but it does happen and you should take advantage of it.
|

Exavier Macbeth
|
Posted - 2006.05.31 15:51:00 -
[18]
Tractor Beams are great for looting lvl 3s. I tent to loot everything then dump the absolute junk (if i need more room) into a jet can and open up with autocannons on it :P
|

Meedo
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 11:08:00 -
[19]
I bookmark the place and return once mission is finished in a catalyst with 5 tractor beams and a MWD.Even in a deadspace the MWD will work once you've talked to your agent and the deadspace disapears but not the loot.I also have 3 cargo expanders on it and it actually makes looting at the end fun and REALLY quick.
In fact you cant open the cans quick enough.
|

Sable Moran
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 13:15:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Jalinti Tyris The subject is the question.
And the answer is: yes.
----- Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene 5, Moon 4, Duvolle Laboratories Factory. Ammo at affordable prices. |

Shoele Lialos
Gallente MCB Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 19:46:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Jalinti Tyris The subject is the question.
I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile to go back with an indy, or to drag around a slow BC in order to get the cans on level 3 missions, or if the ISK/time is better if you just get the bounties and rewards all quick-like. Anybody done any research on this?
Well, I've gotten quite a few 10M ISK selling items out of those cans, so I loot them. Your mileage may vary.
I DO NOT run around in my Brutix doing it though. I have an Exequror fitted with 3 Tractors, and a 10MN AB II that I bring out after the mission.
|

Mika Zimmer
Gallente Renyn Supply Company
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 22:37:00 -
[22]
The only cans I don't loot anymore are the drone cans, just because I can mine faster then the ore they give me.
|

Majin82
Caldari Arkhangelos Alliance Naval Intelligence Arkhangelos Command
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 22:43:00 -
[23]
Tractor Beam ftw!
Also when you see your Cargo hold getting too full and don't have the time to go do a drop off and then come back, just Jet your cargo, make a bookmark and then continue to get the rest, that way you can get as much loot as you want and not worry about losing all the loot cans just to make it in time for the reward bonus. ------------------------------------- Sammael's Legion ARCH |

TotensBurntCorpse
Minmatar Miners of Moria Corp
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 00:20:00 -
[24]
get an industrial with tractors in high slots and nanofibres in low slots and an AB in the mid slot
and yes if ur greedy u get alot of good minerals from loot (aka missle mining) not to mention tasty named modules
you would be foolish to leave loot behind IMHO TotensBurntCorpse Likes EVE, Starfleet Command Series, Earth & Beyond, Anything Battlefield, MOHAA, Call of Duty.
Dislikes Not much. |

Tsanse Kinske
WeMeanYouKnowHarm
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 01:07:00 -
[25]
Despite having gotten some really good loot occasionally, I have serious doubts it's really worth it compared to just grinding out missions and LPs as quickly as possible. It would be really interesting to analyze it to know for sure though.
Despite my doubts, I loot anyway. I like the minerals, I can't stand the thought of leaving behind something great, plus I like breaking up the mission slumming. * * * In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams, writing about EVE |

Cmdr Sy
EUROPEANS
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 01:41:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Cmdr Sy on 02/09/2006 01:41:30
It is definitely worth it.
First of all because every few L3s, you get a really cool loot item which can be sold for millions.
Secondly because with a bit of entrepreneurship, the refined mins can be sold cheap to industrialists, and it is always handy to have business associates, and on a more personal level friends, in that line of work.
|

Dahak2150
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 05:42:00 -
[27]
Definately worth it. I carry a pair of TBs on my Domi (yeah, I know, BS for l3s, but it's fast, pays of the ship easilly in 2-3 days.) I've gotten some arbie heavies (8 mil), an internal force field array (15 mil) a couple +3 implants (25 mil), etc.
They are few and far between, but it shouldn't take you too long to scoop it all up in a proper ship. ---------- My sig is boring. |

Miss Overlord
Gallente Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 09:10:00 -
[28]
mmm its really random id say overall its worth it unless youre zerging Skill points then randomly sample some cans and forget the rest.
|

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 10:04:00 -
[29]
Yes. Sometimes the loot is crap, sometimes it's very good. I typically pick up around 350k of loot and sometimes a couple of mil.
Back in the day (abot this time in 2004) I picked up a Local Hull Conversion Expander. You can't tell me that wasn't worth it  -- (Battle hardened miner)
[Brackley, UK]
WARNING:This post may contain large doses of reality. |

Estelle Matsuko
Caldari The Beiatch Corp Inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 15:06:00 -
[30]
I use a ferox fitted with 5 launchers and 2 tractors. On l3 missions if it¦s in range of the tractors it gets scooped. I often get good ecm modules worth a few mill each, named damage control units, local expanders from a three part mission in which i have to spank gellante. What isnt valuable gets melted and converted into missile to be fired back at the mission rats.
|

Ghaulth
Gallente GoonWaffe GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 22:05:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Ghaulth on 06/09/2006 22:05:07
Originally by: Estelle Matsuko I use a ferox fitted with 5 launchers and 2 tractors. On l3 missions if it¦s in range of the tractors it gets scooped. I often get good ecm modules worth a few mill each, named damage control units, local expanders from a three part mission in which i have to spank gellante. What isnt valuable gets melted and converted into missile to be fired back at the mission rats.
I slap 1 tractor beam on my ship, be it a Domi or Brutix, for scooping cans in level 3s. If it's in range, it gets scooped. Otherwise, I just say "screw it", and move toward the gate to the next room. I never spend any more time collecting loot than it would take me to otherwise clear the room if I were not collecting loot.
At the end of the mission, but before I turn it in, I'll generally come back in my destroyer, and scoop the remaining loot. With an oversized AB, a cargo scanner, 3 cargo expanders, and 3 tractor beams, it's a much better way to pick up mission loot than flying around in a BC or BS.
|

Naran Darkmood
Gallente MC Cubed Inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 06:07:00 -
[32]
I normally use a Exeq -Cruiser for looting, AB/MWD and 3 cheap hull eypanders. 1500 m3 cargo, over 1300 m/s with the MWD and 4 tractors. If I managed to kill all rats reasonablly close together, I'm normally done in 3-5 mins per stage.
Best loot I got in a lvl 3 was a shadow serpentis 10 MN MWD...
Last time I first decided not to loot a mission, I cam pack about 1 hour later, and in the first can is a local hull conversion cargo expander ...
That immidiately changed my mind :) -----------------------------------------------
|

Luke Pubcrawler
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 10:04:00 -
[33]
I am not regularly flying lvl3s yet - still mostly 2s and I was getting bored loot collecting so stopped bothering. A corp mate of mine found one of the expensive - sold for about 25mill - cargo expanders in a lvl2.
Now I loot everything except drones and have just bught myself a tractor beam. The thought of that that last can I leave behind might just have 25million isk in it makes leaving stuff behind impossible.
|

Lemoning Lemming
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 12:07:00 -
[34]
I would say that it is worth it.
On one mission that took 20 minutes I got 3 cargo expanders that sold for 25 mill each.
Also the general loot refines down for a lot of useful minerals.
|

The M'hael
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 13:42:00 -
[35]
Tractor beam is more than worth it's weight/fittings. :p
|

OneSock
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 15:14:00 -
[36]
I have picked up a couple of arby launchers and 250mm proto rails. So yes.
I got back with an itty 3 with some nano internals an AB and a couple of tractors. Although I might change that to something more efficient in the near future.
|

Interstellar Artois
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 17:06:00 -
[37]
In the past week I've looted and sold:
2x Arbalest standard (6mil) 2x Arbalest heavy (17mil) Various implants (32mil) 4x 125mm Proto gauss rails (4mil) Local Hull nanofibre (8mil)
And I'm sitting on about another god knows how much of decent named kit, as well as the ton of rubbish I'll melt later. I don't play that much either, but I'd say at least 2/3 of my income is from selling loot. It doesn't even have to be good stuff - 10 medium hull reps are worth 1/2mil (maybe I should take the time to look how much they melt to before selling...)
Just creeping the last couple of skills up now then I'll be hitting the lvl4's. Mwuhahaha
|

Shadarle
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 18:42:00 -
[38]
YES, It's worth it!
A BS with 1-2 tractors is the ideal level 3 ship. Large cargo hold that can store even an entire extravaganza's loot, spare room for 2 tractors, spare slots for afterburners, great tankage, great dps, good drone bay.
Looting cans over not looting them is about a 20% increase in ISK/hour. I calc'd it by doing 10 hours worth of level 3's without looting and hundreds of hours looting... the average was 20.7% higher with looting. That was assuming 1LP=2000 ISK at the time (implants), which is no longer true. 1LP=1300 ISK now is more accurate for implants. Even connections books have dropped a lot in price... so LP farming is even less profitable than it had been. On the flip side, some of the great loot missions were removed (blockade/etc). So it's prob still about 20% better to get em.
Note: If you're bookmarking and coming back it's worse (for level 3's anyhow) If you're flying to each can it's worse. If you run out of cargo space and have to warp back and forth it's worse.
All those take WAY too much time. Tractoring while running the mission adds at most 5% more time to the mission, far faster than coming back and then having to tractor it all in later with your slow moving loot ship.
**********************************************
Tank Rankings - Ships & Fittings Compared! http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=386174 |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |