| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Azztech
|
Posted - 2006.05.31 23:09:00 -
[1]
Can anyone tell me why UK players have to pay 35 Euros to get a full account and NON UK players only pay 19.95 Euros to get the same account ? I asked support and they said its UK Taxes - ?? but won't explain what taxes and told me to speak to a bank ? I just feel a little like I am being charged more for living in the UK even though we are part of EEC ? Just wondered if anyone else had ever asked this question. I have played other MMOs and have only been charged the same "standard" fee the rest of the EU countries pay.
|

Sophise Seksi
|
Posted - 2006.05.31 23:19:00 -
[2]
I'm guessing that's where CCP sells subscriptions from... They have to pay tax on sales, so they pass those taxes down to you, the customer.
Works the same way in the US... say I live in Georgia and I have an online store. I don't have to pay state sales tax if someone from another state buys something from my store. If someone else from Georgia buys something from my store, it's an in-state sale, and I have to pay taxes... which will be passed down to the customer.
Make sense?
------------------------------- Clandestine Vector Forums |

Estel Arador
|
Posted - 2006.05.31 23:38:00 -
[3]
The "Find Answers" section says:
Quote: Please note that residents in the United Kingdom are required to pay a software registration fee and therefore creating a cd-less account will cost 35 Euros.
Looks like it's an UK law which requires you to pay it, which would be a reason why players from other EU countries don't have to pay it. (Alternatively, it could be something like Sophise said; no doubt some searching on the web could get you the exact answer.)
|

Maach Baatun
|
Posted - 2006.05.31 23:56:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Estel Arador The "Find Answers" section says:
Quote: Please note that residents in the United Kingdom are required to pay a software registration fee and therefore creating a cd-less account will cost 35 Euros.
Looks like it's an UK law which requires you to pay it, which would be a reason why players from other EU countries don't have to pay it. (Alternatively, it could be something like Sophise said; no doubt some searching on the web could get you the exact answer.)
Great... now where can I buy EVE online in the shops in the UK, because that will probably work out cheaper... but then I guess I won't be able to carry my 14 day trial character over... Ho hum. Swings and roundabouts. Rip-off Britain strikes again.
19 euros = UKú13 35 euros = UKú24
Well, thats *just* an extra ú11 more than I was going to pay. Hmmmm... As long as the subscription isn't almost double the price as well...
Hmmmm... Game have EVE online for ú4.99, or rather they HAD... out of stock. Gamestation have it for ú2.99... but out of stock. Oh bums.
|

Myiesha
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 00:09:00 -
[5]
CCP is usualy good when working around this kind of thing. I know if you contact them about transfering a character to your real account from your trial they will usualy help out. You will want to speak with them about it though.
Petition CCP for directions.. Purchase EVE in barginbin/store. Create "Active" real account.. transfer trial char to real.. or something like that. ;)
|

Darren Hydra
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 00:29:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Darren Hydra on 01/06/2006 00:31:42 It does look like a country thing rather then a ccp thing.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 00:36:00 -
[7]
Probably some horribly BS law that parliament passed.
|

Ozzie Asrail
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 07:46:00 -
[8]
I'm sure it was only 19.95 when i joined up a while ago. ----- Geotech is recruiting! |

Mr Bong0
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 08:41:00 -
[9]
Yeah.. Im sure I only paid 19.95 too
|

Azztech
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 09:31:00 -
[10]
Thanks I cannot think what TAX this could be as in the UK we only pay VAT (Value added tax) on items which is 17.5% on top of the value of the goods and not almost 75% ..and this is usually add on by the vendor in the stated price. Anyway if its only 19.95 Euros and not 35 Euros thats fine. I know when I went to sign up it says 19.95 euros....so perhaps the page I saw this information on is incorrect now.
|

Hoshi Khanid
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 11:40:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Azztech Can anyone tell me why UK players have to pay 35 Euros to get a full account and NON UK players only pay 19.95 Euros to get the same account ? I asked support and they said its UK Taxes - ?? but won't explain what taxes and told me to speak to a bank ? I just feel a little like I am being charged more for living in the UK even though we are part of EEC ? Just wondered if anyone else had ever asked this question. I have played other MMOs and have only been charged the same "standard" fee the rest of the EU countries pay.
Sorry Azztech, I'm afraid, like me, you are a victim of both the VATman and the laws that Thatcher's crew brought in letting any retailer charge a fee for the use of a credit card. It sucks I know, yet another example of life in Rip-off Britain
|

Contam
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 12:19:00 -
[12]
I joined about 30ish days ago and used a credit card to pay ... I just checked and I was only charged 19.95 euros not 35...
|

Lowpian Crystal
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 13:53:00 -
[13]
www.gamegoody.com for time :P And amazon.co.uk for the game and 30 days free any good?
As for the activation of the free trial you will have to pay the $19.95 as if you have a credit card i don't see why you have to pay the euro as you can buy activation dirct from eve.com and then go the cheap way to get time cards :P Game goody's good.
|

Maach Baatun
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 14:05:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Myiesha CCP is usualy good when working around this kind of thing. I know if you contact them about transfering a character to your real account from your trial they will usualy help out. You will want to speak with them about it though.
Petition CCP for directions.. Purchase EVE in barginbin/store. Create "Active" real account.. transfer trial char to real.. or something like that. ;)
I got hold of an new & unused copy of EVE from ebay for ú2.99, so might have to give your suggestion a go. In my EVE account section it does say there is a charge of 20 euros for transfering a character to another account though. Perhaps this doesn't apply to a trial account though.
It wouldn't be a huge loss if I lost my trial character to be honest - I've only racked up 75,000 skill points in the 6 days I've been playing as I spent a lot of time farting around not knowing what I was doing, plus looking back I think my noobs beginning configuration held me back a bit (this is the first RPG I've played so I didn't get the gist of it all).
The only thing is, I got given 1,000,000 ISK by a friendly player at the beginning, and someone else gave me 500,000 in sympathy when I lost my beloved Tristan in my first level 2 agent mission - I've still got 1,300,000 left and loads of goodies.
If I was to start a new character from scratch, how would I transfer that wealth over? With a trial account you can't give money to another player. The only way I can think is to buy a few expensive items and hide them somewhere and hope no-one finds them until I get there with my new character to pick'em up and sell them.
Anybody else suggest a different strategy?
Cheers, Mark.
|

Lowpian Crystal
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 14:31:00 -
[15]
http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g15.asp Escrow once activating your account to full access. Just asign the characters name to only access the escrow
|

loony zoon
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 14:41:00 -
[16]
You can start your new account, and run your trial account on the same pc. If you get both characters in same station you can trade directly (including cash)
|

Ban Kai
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 15:22:00 -
[17]
Well when i started, i gought EVE from Game online for ú5 and that gave me my first month free too. So stuff your 14 day trail account and get this 1 ( or be clever and buy it now and trade all your stuff to the new character)
|

Maach Baatun
|
Posted - 2006.06.01 16:19:00 -
[18]
Cool! Thanks to the last 3 posters. I'm well sorted now :)
|

Maach Baatun
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 01:43:00 -
[19]
Well, I got my money transfered over easy enough, by selling a missile via escrow in the new account for 1.3m ISK to my old account, running two instances of EVE. Easy peasy.
However I can't seem to transfer items over - the escrow system won't work the other way as it is a trial account. I even tried getting both character's to meet up outside a station and jettisoned the items from the old ship, but when I try to pick it up with the new one it says I am stealing and corp members from my old character are free to have a pop at me.
Any ideas? I don't really want to have to sell all the items I've collected to the market and then transfer the money over as before then have to go out and find and/or buy those items again.
|

Maach Baatun
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 01:46:00 -
[20]
Well, I set up my new account and I got my money transfered over easy enough, by selling a missile via escrow in the new account for 1.3m ISK to my old account, running two instances of EVE. Easy peasy.
However I can't seem to transfer items over - the escrow system won't work the other way as it is a trial account. I tried getting both character's to meet up outside a station and jettisoned the items from the old ship, but when I try to pick it up with the new one it says I am stealing and corp members from my old character are free to have a pop at me.
Any ideas? I don't really want to have to sell all the items I've collected to the market and then transfer the money over as before then have to go out and find and/or buy those items again.
cheers, neuroboy FKA Maach Baahtun
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 01:48:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Maach Baatun Well, I set up my new account and I got my money transfered over easy enough, by selling a missile via escrow in the new account for 1.3m ISK to my old account, running two instances of EVE. Easy peasy.
However I can't seem to transfer items over - the escrow system won't work the other way as it is a trial account. I tried getting both character's to meet up outside a station and jettisoned the items from the old ship, but when I try to pick it up with the new one it says I am stealing and corp members from my old character are free to have a pop at me.
Any ideas? I don't really want to have to sell all the items I've collected to the market and then transfer the money over as before then have to go out and find and/or buy those items again.
cheers, neuroboy FKA Maach Baahtun
Get in station, right click on the other character and trade... its pretty simple.
Also, if you gang, there's no can flagging.
--Proud member of the [23]--
Ferion kicks major arse. |

Maach Baatun
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 01:55:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Dark Shikari Get in station, right click on the other character and trade... its pretty simple.
Also, if you gang, there's no can flagging.[/quote
Thanks for yur reply Dark, but I have tried that - can't send money and there doesnt seem to be any option to trade.
|

Gr1mreaper
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 10:05:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Azztech Can anyone tell me why UK players have to pay 35 Euros to get a full account and NON UK players only pay 19.95 Euros to get the same account ? I asked support and they said its UK Taxes - ?? but won't explain what taxes and told me to speak to a bank ? I just feel a little like I am being charged more for living in the UK even though we are part of EEC ? Just wondered if anyone else had ever asked this question. I have played other MMOs and have only been charged the same "standard" fee the rest of the EU countries pay.
Ever hear of rip off britain
In the uk we pay more for everything its a kind of natural law VICTORY WITHOUT INTEGRITY IS LOSS
|

Drizit
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 15:52:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Gr1mreaper Ever hear of rip off britain
In the uk we pay more for everything its a kind of natural law
QFT. Prices here are ridiculous at best and the Gov't always wants to find ways to take even more off of us by licensing everything TV, twice for cars, even my security job - I have to pay ú190 for my license to work. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't passed a bill to license internet use yet but it will no doubt happen eventually, probably will include transmitter licenses for wireless routers also.
I buy most of my stuff from the States. Even including shipping, it still costs less than from the shops over here.
All this is most of the reason I want out of this country.
--
|

Erwly
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 23:49:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Erwly on 03/06/2006 23:52:35 Edited by: Erwly on 03/06/2006 23:50:59
Buy it from D2D Clicky Over at the Yanks you dont have to pay taxes and the 19.95 is in USD:)
|

Erwly
|
Posted - 2006.06.03 23:51:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Erwly on 03/06/2006 23:51:56

|

Maach Baatun
|
Posted - 2006.06.05 12:05:00 -
[27]
Get in station, right click on the other character and trade... its pretty simple.
Also, if you gang, there's no can flagging.
Yep, managed to transfer stuff by ganging. And all worked OK... am well underway with my new character - started out with 97,000 skill points on this one - my old character only started with 15,000! I think it's because I chose to go for Gallente Frigate skills all the way, and ended up with level 4 in that and level 3 in Spaceship Command... great for jumping from the freebie rustbucket Velator straight into a shiney new Tristan.
|

Wolf Fang
|
Posted - 2006.06.05 15:19:00 -
[28]
It's UK tax to cover your long waits in hospital crap police responce time and tony's new BMW don't worry about it matey just buy some time cards off e-bay rather than here in the uk and it'll work out cheaper for you. ===============================================
IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU DYING FOR YOUR CORP..... IT'S ABOUT MAKING YOUR ENEMIES DIE FOR THEIRS. |

Slax Kalimatar
|
Posted - 2006.06.06 05:28:00 -
[29]
just get yourself a gametimecard 30days or 50days and use that one to activate full account. you get the time and are on full account.
http://www.mmorg-shop.com/
50days at 24,99 euros
|

Trac3rt
|
Posted - 2006.06.06 09:30:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Trac3rt on 06/06/2006 09:30:39 If you are lucky you can get a boxed copy of the game really cheap. I bought a boxed copy for ú5 from a GAME store in town.
I then petitioned using the Ask a Question link on the right to get my trial character transfered over to the new account.
___
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |