| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Lord LazyGhost
The Bastards The Bastards.
349
|
Posted - 2014.05.20 21:30:00 -
[1] - Quote
To get this the new skills at lv 5
do i need both combat drone operation 5 and scoutdrone operation 5?
or just one of them?
as i got scout 5 but combat drone 4 on my alt and want to know if its worth me training it to 5 for 9days unless that would be 9 days wasted if i would be getting them becasue of scout being at 5 already. |

Mashie Saldana
BFG Tech
1082
|
Posted - 2014.05.20 22:09:00 -
[2] - Quote
Just one to 5 is enough. Mashie Saldana Dominique Vasilkovsky
|

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat Working Stiffs
3645
|
Posted - 2014.05.20 23:00:00 -
[3] - Quote
You could read the blog & comments:
CCP Fozzie wrote:Sorry for the delay in answering some of the skill questions guys.
As many of you have suggested, we'll be giving pilots the same level in both Light Drone Operation and Medium Drone Operation as the highest level they have in either Scout Drone Operation or Combat Drone Operation over the patch downtime.
The Light Drone Operation skill will be rank 1, the Medium Drone Operation skill will be rank 2. |

Lord LazyGhost
The Bastards The Bastards.
349
|
Posted - 2014.05.21 20:11:00 -
[4] - Quote
Thank you very much |

Cearain
Black Rebel Rifter Club The Devil's Tattoo
1288
|
Posted - 2014.05.26 15:28:00 -
[5] - Quote
I'm confused. So this part of his blog is wrong:
"We are also splitting the current Combat Drone Operation skill into two new skills, Light Drone Operation and Medium Drone Operation. This means that all light combat drones will now be unlocked and bonused from the Light Drone Operation skill, and medium combat drones will be unlocked and bonused from the Medium Drone Operation skill. During the patch downtime, existing players with the Combat Drone Operation skill trained will receive both new skills trained to the same level that their Combat Drone Operation skill was trained to." http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/giving-drones-an-assist
Instead: Both new skills "Light drone operation" and "Medium combat drones" will be set at the same as the higher of either scout drone operation or combat drone operation?
Also the new skill drone aviation will be set at the same level as scout drone aviation?
Am I correct that if you are only looking long term there is no need to train combat drone operation to 5 if you have scout drone operation to five already?
Just curious are there any other skills that we should be training now due to splits (drones or otherwise)? Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815
|

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat Working Stiffs
3659
|
Posted - 2014.05.26 18:54:00 -
[6] - Quote
Cearain wrote:I'm confused. So this part of his blog is wrong: As I posted above, changes have been made since the blog was written.
CCP Fozzie posted the changes in the comments to the blog, as is normal.
You can go read the comments, and click on the blue "DEV" badge to quickly navigate to all the DEV posts. |

Angua Eteria
Mad Men Inc
0
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 06:35:00 -
[7] - Quote
So just to clarify
If i have scout drone operation to V.
I get both the new light and ,medium drone skill to 5? |

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
2082
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 07:03:00 -
[8] - Quote
Angua Eteria wrote:So just to clarify
If i have scout drone operation to V.
I get both the new light and ,medium drone skill to 5?
Yes. |

Angua Eteria
Mad Men Inc
0
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 07:51:00 -
[9] - Quote
Zhilia Mann wrote:Angua Eteria wrote:So just to clarify
If i have scout drone operation to V.
I get both the new light and ,medium drone skill to 5? Yes.
This is very good news, as i would not have had time to train combat drones to V before the patch on my alts |

Tsuruki
Evil Monkey Asylum Exploding Supremacy
0
|
Posted - 2014.05.31 18:46:00 -
[10] - Quote
Arent you lucky :P
I explicitly delayed my other skills to speed train Combat drone op 5. I'm waiting to see if it was just wasted training time :S |

Solairen
Universal Freelance CONSORTIUM UNIVERSALIS
2
|
Posted - 2014.06.01 12:18:00 -
[11] - Quote
This is my first time in eve with a change to skills like this. I've read the above information and understand which ever is the highest skill sets the level for the two new skills. Now I've been traveling without access to my skill queue for over a month, I very much want to train Scout up to V to get the time savings on the Medium skills. However even with imps and my current mapping I'll be about 26 hours short of V at patch time.
So what happens to the completion % and SP for the uncompleted level?
1) Do I get credit toward V for light at 85% complete and medium at 0% ?
2) Do they both get 85% complete toward V ?
3) Do I loose the time trained toward V and both are reset to 0% ?
Thanks for you help guys! (edited for clarity) |

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
2089
|
Posted - 2014.06.02 04:30:00 -
[12] - Quote
Solairen wrote:This is my first time in eve with a change to skills like this. I've read the above information and understand which ever is the highest skill sets the level for the two new skills. Now I've been traveling without access to my skill queue for over a month, I very much want to train Scout up to V to get the time savings on the Medium skills. However even with imps and my current mapping I'll be about 26 hours short of V at patch time.
So what happens to the completion % and SP for the uncompleted level?
1) Do I get credit toward V for light at 85% complete and medium at 0% ?
2) Do they both get 85% complete toward V ?
3) Do I loose the time trained toward V and both are reset to 0% ?
Thanks for you help guys! (edited for clarity)
I can't find a similar line for the current change, but if you look at the dev blog for the BC/destroyer split and scroll down far enough you'll find this line:
Quote:Partial skill training will be properly be saved and duplicated. If you are halfway between Destroyers 3 and 4 when the change hits, your progress will be properly copied to all the racial Destroyer skills you are eligible for.
My read on that, if applicable here (and it should be) is that you'll be at the same percent completion for each of the new skills after the patch. I'd highly suggest you document this via screenshot in case something gets mucked up -- but honestly the last switch went pretty well. I suspect you'll get both skills at 4 + whatever percent completion you get towards 5 on SDO but it might copy over as 4 + SP towards 5 instead.
Hope that helped a bit. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |