| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.06.23 16:15:00 -
[1]
Hello all,
I just wanted to let you know I've released EVE Launcher version 1.0.0. It lets you automatically launch and switch between eve clients by hotkey. It also allows you to position the clients for 'semi-fullscreen', like my previous tool ShiftWindow did.
The Launcher has buttons that allow you to clear the cache before launching (and undo it if it didn't work), with or without settings.
It's easy to configure and allows up to 4 clients to be controlled at once. More information including a screenshot here:
http://eve.grismar.net/evelauncher
Give it a spin and let me know what you think, Grismar.
BTW: I'm on a short vacation this upcoming week, so expect some latency in my response to problems ^^.
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Hoshi
|
Posted - 2006.06.23 16:32:00 -
[2]
Seems like a very nice program, going to test it out later tonight. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|

Brutor Shaun
|
Posted - 2006.06.23 16:45:00 -
[3]
Just had a quick test....Couldn't perform an undo "can't read from source file or disk"
Apart from that, seems OK.
|

PauZotoh Zhaan
|
Posted - 2006.06.23 17:05:00 -
[4]
Just test it. One word WOW REally gr8 program, just what I needed
|

Asurmen
|
Posted - 2006.06.23 17:20:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Asurmen on 23/06/2006 17:21:34 I've never used ShiftWindow, but after a couple of minutes playing in semi-fullscreen, I can see the appeal. 
I did have a couple of problems:
- When I UNDO a cache clearance, it creates subfolders within some of the cache folders (i.e. You end up with browser/browser and settings/settings). Files present at the point of restore end up in the subfolder and the restored files end up in the correct place.
- When clearing the cache, it does not delete the browser/img folder.
- The auto-position after login does not work for me.
- It says test in the status bar.
I would really love it if this program minismised to the tray like EVEMon does, so it can be kept open all the time. 
|

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.06.23 21:42:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Grismar on 23/06/2006 21:42:27 Thanks for the feedback sofar.
I've noted the problems with the cache clear undo. Typical thing that got broken after being tested. That'll be fixed in 1.0.2.
Also, since that's already two brand new users asking for minimize to tray, that will make it into version 1.0.2 too.
I've also put up version 1.0.1 (within 8 hours of 1.0.0 ^^), -removing- a feature. It turns out the automatic resize after logging in messes up another important feature: switching on hotkey (in some situations). The downside: you have to hit the hotkey once now, after logging in. The upside: you can reliably switch between clients when playing.
Expect version 1.0.2 sometime next weekend, 1st of July-ish.
Greetings, Grismar.
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 23:25:00 -
[7]
Well, I might as well: Version 1.0.2 is ready for download. The issues mentioned above have all been fixed, as far as I can tell. If you still have problems, or if you'd like to see some features added feel free to let me know.
Get it here: http://eve.grismar.net/evelauncher
Greetings, Grismar.
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Ray McCormack
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 23:56:00 -
[8]
When playing in semi-fullscreen mode, the alignment of my cursor is off on the bottom half of the screen. The pointer moves down, but I have to click above things to activate them.
| The BIG Lottery | BIG Sales | 846166 | |

Butch Coolidge
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 00:04:00 -
[9]
Great tool Grismar.
A few questions:
1) What does hotkey and bosskey do exactly? (I use semi-fullscreen) 2) Is it possible to launch 2 clients from the same directory? I only have one installation of EVE and 2 accounts. (Shift window worked fine with this setup, repositioning all instances of the client)
Butch Coolidge
|

Hoshi
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 00:07:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Butch Coolidge Great tool Grismar.
A few questions:
1) What does hotkey and bosskey do exactly? (I use semi-fullscreen) 2) Is it possible to launch 2 clients from the same directory? I only have one installation of EVE and 2 accounts. (Shift window worked fine with this setup, repositioning all instances of the client)
Butch Coolidge
I can answer 1. Hotkey maximizes, boss key minimizes. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|

Sensor Error
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 01:07:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Butch Coolidge Great tool Grismar.
A few questions:
1) What does hotkey and bosskey do exactly? (I use semi-fullscreen) 2) Is it possible to launch 2 clients from the same directory? I only have one installation of EVE and 2 accounts. (Shift window worked fine with this setup, repositioning all instances of the client)
Butch Coolidge
heehehehe. I had forgotten about boss keys...
A lot of older games (before you needed dedicated gaming hardware) had a tongue in cheek feature that with a simple keystroke allowed the application to instantly minimize.
for example, if you saw the boss start to open his door, a quick press of the B button would instantly pause your game and return you that boring spreadsheet.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
------------------------------------------ Dev Responses to common questions |

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 06:10:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Grismar on 05/07/2006 06:14:28 Edited by: Grismar on 05/07/2006 06:12:40 Butch, in response to your questions:
- I'd really recommend running the 2 clients from seperate installs, since they'll use seperate caches that way. I've been able to solve some strange cache-related bugs in the past with a bunch of players by having them use seperate clients.
On the other hand, you're not the only one asking. I'm looking into ways of discerning two clients from eachother if they're both launched from the same folder. I don't have a lot to go on, except the filename and path of the executable. I don't look "inside" the executables once they're running, since I feel that might be overstepping EULA boundaries. So, I have to determine which one you're running by exe-filename alone.
One option would be to make a copy of the exe, but that would break EVE's own launcher and would require some hacking to get it to work, again breaking the EULA. So, no option.
Another option would be monitoring the cache and see which client exectuble opens which char file. I'm looking into that, but it would mean that EVE Launcher has no way of knowing which client is which until you're logged in. And it will also have to depend on you remembering which is which, since you'll be the one logging in. So, I'm afraid human error would result in a lot of bogus bug reports.
I'm currently looking into disallowing starting the second client as long as you didn't start the first and then keeping a live handle to the client to identify it. It will still be up to you to log into the proper account with the proper client, but at least it will be easy to explain what's happening, hopefully reducing the amount of mistakes people make with it.
Any suggestions that would work and not break the EULA (or even reek of it) would be appreciated.
- A bosskey is, indeed, a key for when the boss/mom/dad/gf/wife walks in and you weren't supposed to play. It -is- a tongue in cheek feature that was easy for me to add, referring back to the adventure games of Sierra (among others) which has such features.
My favourite was a game that actually displayed a mock spreadsheet with sales figures, in case you had nothing interesting open at the time, although I forget which one it was specifically. All the same, if a single job or relationship profits from the feature or if a single kid avoids getting grounded, it was worth it ;).
Greetings, Grismar.
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Butch Coolidge
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 09:20:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Grismar
On the other hand, you're not the only one asking.
Thanks for your answers Grismar. I realise that it's difficult for you to offer the same functionality with just one install of EVE. Personally I'd be happy if EVE launcher allowed me to launch one EVE client more than once and applied Semi-fullscreen to all of them. ... oh and a launch hotkey would be nice, since relaunch hotkey doesn't make much sense in this case 
Butch Coolidge
p.s. I like your signature. Who painted it?
|

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 18:02:00 -
[14]
Well, you got me thinking at least. I've got it on the top of my list of features to implement in 1.1.0. That is, it'll require some major changes, but I think it'll be worth it if I think long, deep and hard about the interface to do it.
About the sig: The original artwork is by Chris Achilleos, whom I've credited in the comments of the image (if you download, save and view properties). He designed cover artwork for many SF and fantasy writers and this one was for "Conquest of the Amazon". It required some extensive 'shopping' though. I've used The GIMP for the background and Inkscape for the text and layout. Both of which I highly recommend, get rid of those illegal copies of PhotoShop and Illustrator :).
The base material was scanned in from a collection of his worked, dubbed "Miss Universe and the Beast", of which I have many fond memories, and which was always on my desk, back in the days that I played single player EVE, commonly known as Elite ;).
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Oran Sound
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 18:56:00 -
[15]
I'll have to upgrade to this after I get home. Been using shiftwindow and love it.
|

Ashis
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 19:05:00 -
[16]
Awesome awesome awesome -
Shiftwindow itself made the game so much more immersive (I hate borders) and now this makes it so much easier as well.
Feature idea/request: I often redistribute my different clients among my screens depending on what I am doing. (ie. When I'm mining character 1 is on monitor 1, and character 2 is on monitor 2 - and vice versa when I am scouting/in a fleet etc.). Could there be a hotkey and button to send a client to another semi-full screen?
Another Feature idea/request: Backup your Cache folder - with different options (BMs only? IGB links? Portraits? All to a zip file?) and recover from that file. Also a big blinking red light when you haven't done a backup on this version of the client yet!
Another Feature idea/request: Realizing that you don't want to have to put your password into the program - still many people have the "password saved" option set - so it's just a matter of pressing "Enter" to get past the client screen.
Another Feature idea/request: Would it be a breach of the EULA to have an "automatically log in with last character" option? I'm thinking it would if you interpret it in the strictest sense - but who knows.
You can tell a really good tool when it generates so many cool possibilities - but even as it stands if you don't do another thing - its great. Thanks! __________
|

MOS DEF
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 19:10:00 -
[17]
This is the most awesome 3rd party tool i ever saw!
Thank you!
Love it!
|

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 23:28:00 -
[18]
If any GMs are reading along, what GM/moderator do I mail about getting my tool looked at by a GM? I'd appreciate to hear from a formal CCP rep that I'm not breaking the EULA with this tool. I'm somewhat worried by #20 in the 'Terms of Service':
"You will not attempt to decipher, hack into or interfere with any transmissions to or from the EVE Online servers, nor will you try to create or use any third party add-ons, extras or tools for the game."
As far as version 1.0.3 of the EVE Launcher is concerned, would it be considered a "third party add-ons, extras or tools for the game"? I think it's completely innocent and I don't plan on overstepping any boundaries, but a little feedback would be appreciated (privately, if you prefer).
Greetings, Grismar.
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Kho'Mer Sihrel
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 23:28:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Kho''Mer Sihrel on 05/07/2006 23:28:48 <gah doublepost>
|

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 23:41:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Ashis Feature idea/request: I often redistribute my different clients among my screens depending on what I am doing. (ie. When I'm mining character 1 is on monitor 1, and character 2 is on monitor 2 - and vice versa when I am scouting/in a fleet etc.). Could there be a hotkey and button to send a client to another semi-full screen?
I want to keep the interface uncluttered, but I'll look into that. I can see how that would be useful and I also see how you could have set up ShiftWindow to do that. So, I suppose I should at least try to cover all functionality directly related to EVE from that.
Originally by: Ashis Backup your Cache folder - with different options (BMs only? IGB links? Portraits? All to a zip file?) and recover from that file. Also a big blinking red light when you haven't done a backup on this version of the client yet!
Well, I thought hard about adding even the current undo button. The thing is, deleting your cache is one thing. Puttin back old ones is asking for trouble. Currently, EVE Launcher already backs up the cache or settings if you delete them and enables the corresponding undo buttons. Or at least it should, let me know if it doesn't.
However, some functionality to process and search logs and backup those -is- something I'm looking into. Don't expect that in before I get issues with the actual launcher sorted, but it feels like something that would fit the application.
Originally by: Ashis Realizing that you don't want to have to put your password into the program - still many people have the "password saved" option set - so it's just a matter of pressing "Enter" to get past the client screen.
Agreed, but I don't want to cross that border. I don't want to start inputing keystrokes of any kind into the game, not even the launcher. I feel that would be crossing the line with the EULA in mind.
Originally by: Ashis Would it be a breach of the EULA to have an "automatically log in with last character" option? I'm thinking it would if you interpret it in the strictest sense - but who knows.
Well, same answer as the previous ofcourse, but with this I have even more problems. I don't want people thinking there's the slightest chance I have a hidden agenda with the tool. There's already the chance people will accuse me of keylogging or something like that and I wrote a Wiki article just to educate them on that point, in the hopes of defusing any such suspicion.
Originally by: Ashis You can tell a really good tool when it generates so many cool possibilities
Hope that my shooting down a couple of em doesn't hurt your opinion ;). Thanks for the high praise.
Greetings, Grismar.
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Ashis
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 00:47:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Grismar Hope that my shooting down a couple of em doesn't hurt your opinion ;).
Not at all - it's a solid tool as it stands (as was Shiftwindow) and your ongoing efforts and willingness to let us all benefit from your countless hours of hard work is a testament to what makes this community great, and how you make it better.
Thanks again! __________
|

Hoshi
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 10:22:00 -
[22]
Some sort of strange bug. I have ctrl+1 set as hot key for one client but sometimes it reacts when I just try to type a 1 (with no ctrl) in chat.
Bringing focus to the eve-launcher window and then back to the client window mostly solves it until next time you relaunch the eve-launcher program. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|

Ms Freak
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 10:58:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Grismar Edited by: Grismar on 05/07/2006 06:14:28 Edited by: Grismar on 05/07/2006 06:12:40 Butch, in response to your questions:
- I'd really recommend running the 2 clients from seperate installs, since they'll use seperate caches that way. I've been able to solve some strange cache-related bugs in the past with a bunch of players by having them use seperate clients.
On the other hand, you're not the only one asking. I'm looking into ways of discerning two clients from eachother if they're both launched from the same folder. I don't have a lot to go on, except the filename and path of the executable. I don't look "inside" the executables once they're running, since I feel that might be overstepping EULA boundaries. So, I have to determine which one you're running by exe-filename alone.
One option would be to make a copy of the exe, but that would break EVE's own launcher and would require some hacking to get it to work, again breaking the EULA. So, no option.
Another option would be monitoring the cache and see which client exectuble opens which char file. I'm looking into that, but it would mean that EVE Launcher has no way of knowing which client is which until you're logged in. And it will also have to depend on you remembering which is which, since you'll be the one logging in. So, I'm afraid human error would result in a lot of bogus bug reports.
I'm currently looking into disallowing starting the second client as long as you didn't start the first and then keeping a live handle to the client to identify it. It will still be up to you to log into the proper account with the proper client, but at least it will be easy to explain what's happening, hopefully reducing the amount of mistakes people make with it.
Any suggestions that would work and not break the EULA (or even reek of it) would be appreciated.
- A bosskey is, indeed, a key for when the boss/mom/dad/gf/wife walks in and you weren't supposed to play. It -is- a tongue in cheek feature that was easy for me to add, referring back to the adventure games of Sierra (among others) which has such features.
My favourite was a game that actually displayed a mock spreadsheet with sales figures, in case you had nothing interesting open at the time, although I forget which one it was specifically. All the same, if a single job or relationship profits from the feature or if a single kid avoids getting grounded, it was worth it ;).
Greetings, Grismar.
I haven't used your tool although it sounds good and was just thinking about this problem you have:
Couldn't your tool spawn EVE ?? This way you would be able to identify them by ProcessID ?
|

Virtuozzo
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 11:06:00 -
[24]
Edited by: Virtuozzo on 06/07/2006 11:09:06 4 is not enough .... any chance there's a way to add more clients to it, so it moves away a bit from hardcoded max value of 4 and jsut lets you add more clients to configure?
Oh, another thing: it would be lovely to have another button :) One to delete all logs (as it can get heavy in an eve installation folder), or maybe compress to zip.
Virtuozzo
RECRUITMENT TEASERS. Last words of a Caldari general: "Pull the Ravens back! Full retreat! they've got frigates!" |

Tedeski
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 11:18:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Sensor Error
Originally by: Butch Coolidge Great tool Grismar.
A few questions:
1) What does hotkey and bosskey do exactly? (I use semi-fullscreen) 2) Is it possible to launch 2 clients from the same directory? I only have one installation of EVE and 2 accounts. (Shift window worked fine with this setup, repositioning all instances of the client)
Butch Coolidge
heehehehe. I had forgotten about boss keys...
A lot of older games (before you needed dedicated gaming hardware) had a tongue in cheek feature that with a simple keystroke allowed the application to instantly minimize.
for example, if you saw the boss start to open his door, a quick press of the B button would instantly pause your game and return you that boring spreadsheet.
I even played a DOS RPG that would fake a DOS prompt.
Class 
|

mamolian
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 12:26:00 -
[26]
Without installing it, whats this program supposed to do? Make it easier to switch between the windows some improved version of Alt-tab, with a boss button?
-------------------------------
|

Necro Sanct
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 12:54:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Necro Sanct on 06/07/2006 12:55:54 Tried to run this as a replacement for ShiftWindow but Semi-Fullscreen isn't working for me (both monitor and game are set for 1152x864) when run alone. Basically it just makes an upper left corner offset of the windowed mode.
If I run ShiftWindow and close it with EVE Launcher still running the ability from ShiftWindow persists for the fullscreen effect. Same "fix" though if Launcher is running first and I run ShiftWindow and close it.
|

Butch Coolidge
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 19:36:00 -
[28]
Hi again Grismar,
I seem to found a bug. After a few lauches of the clients (I run 2 now ) the semi-fullscreen option stops working. At this point only a relaunch of the EVE-launcher makes it work again.
Butch Coolidge
|

Grismar
|
Posted - 2006.07.06 22:32:00 -
[29]
Thanks for the feedback, all.
Originally by: Ray McCormack When playing in semi-fullscreen mode, the alignment of my cursor is off on the bottom half of the screen. The pointer moves down, but I have to click above things to activate them.
This means that either the EVE Launcher fails at succesfully identifying the size of your desktop -or- that your desktop size and the size you have set in EVE Launcher don't match up. Please check the latter, I'll test with more different desktop sizes myself. Also, I'm setting up for an XP box, I'm running 2K myself so need to do additional testing there.
Originally by: Hoshi Some sort of strange bug. I have ctrl+1 set as hot key for one client but sometimes it reacts when I just try to type a 1 (with no ctrl) in chat. Bringing focus to the eve-launcher window and then back to the client window mostly solves it until next time you relaunch the eve-launcher program.
This is kind of odd. I'd recommend setting Ctrl+Alt+1 as a hotkey for now. I'll do some extensive testing with Ctrl-only hotkeys, maybe the shiftstatus can get 'stuck' in my keyhook somehow.
Originally by: Ms Freak Couldn't your tool spawn EVE ?? This way you would be able to identify them by ProcessID ?
Well, yes, but I want it work when you start (or restart) EVE Launcher after some EVE clients too. For instance, people might feel uncomfortable entering their passwords with the program running. However, it may be the only viable solution for single-install, I'm thinking about ways to solve it in a way that's easy to control and use.
Originally by: Virtuozzo 4 is not enough .... any chance there's a way to add more clients to it, so it moves away a bit from hardcoded max value of 4 and jsut lets you add more clients to configure?
Yes, I'm devising a new interface to the program that will allow you to define any number of clients, but it'll take some work to complete, so please have some patience in the meantime. The needed flexibility for the other feature requests make this the way to go anyway.
Originally by: Virtuozzo Oh, another thing: it would be lovely to have another button :) One to delete all logs (as it can get heavy in an eve installation folder), or maybe compress to zip.
I want to add log functionality in the long run, but that'll be -after- I fix (or dismiss) all bugs and feature requests for the launch and resize functionality.
Originally by: mamolian Without installing it, whats this program supposed to do? Make it easier to switch between the windows some improved version of Alt-tab, with a boss button?
Easier to switch, faster to restart, a bosskey, automatically repositions your windowed client to cover the entire desktop (read the section on semi-fullscreen). Also, check out the screen shot for an idea of what it does.
Originally by: Necro Sanct Tried to run this as a replacement for ShiftWindow but Semi-Fullscreen isn't working for me (both monitor and game are set for 1152x864) when run alone. Basically it just makes an upper left corner offset of the windowed mode.
I'll try to replicate this result and fix it, it'll be in a bugfixed version I want to release this weekend. Stuff like this will be fixed before I put in a new interface.
Originally by: Butch Coolidge I seem to found a bug. After a few lauches of the clients (I run 2 now ) the semi-fullscreen option stops working. At this point only a relaunch of the EVE-launcher makes it work again.
I'm assuming you mean the automatic semi-fullscreen stops working, but with the hotkey, you can still position it? Ofcourse, I'll look into this one too.
Thanks for all the feedback. Please have some patience with the tool, it's only a little over a week old, so there were bound to be some problems. Ofcourse ShiftWindow will remain available to all who need it.
Greetings, Grismar.
Your EVE IGB home: EVE Wiki, Explorer, Navigator |

Thaylon Sen
|
Posted - 2006.07.09 04:15:00 -
[30]
Any chance u can get it to run multiple instances of the same client?
Peace Out |

Jal Sireyl
The White Star Consortium 3rd Front Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.07.11 22:58:00 -
[31]
It's a great idea and a great tool, an impressive improvement over ShiftWindow. Just one problem: It makes Symantec Antivirus freak out for some reason. When I launch the program, I get a Symantec Tamper Protection Alert, with 329 total notifications that Eve Launcher is trying to do something to pretty much every .exe file in the Symantec directories.
Any idea why this is happening?
|
|

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises Otherworld Empire
|
Posted - 2006.07.31 09:02:00 -
[32]
I like it, however as I run 1280x960 (to see the start menu) the window gets repositioned and hides the bar (just like it is supposed to do).
So then I am wondering if there is any chance of seeing an option where you can save your own position cordinates and have EVE Launcher use those instead of moving/resizing the window itself.
As well as I run multiple clients on my second monitor but do not wish for those to fill up the entire screen, so auto positioning based on my previous position of the window would be great.
Then I don't have to bother about the hassle of moving the windows to my second monitor either.
Keep up the great work!
EVE-Files | EVE-Search | Monitor this Thread |
|

Celesta Croft
Caldari Agony Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.08.14 11:44:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Chribba I like it, however as I run 1280x960 (to see the start menu) the window gets repositioned and hides the bar (just like it is supposed to do).
So then I am wondering if there is any chance of seeing an option where you can save your own position cordinates and have EVE Launcher use those instead of moving/resizing the window itself.
As well as I run multiple clients on my second monitor but do not wish for those to fill up the entire screen, so auto positioning based on my previous position of the window would be great.
Then I don't have to bother about the hassle of moving the windows to my second monitor either.
Keep up the great work!
I play with the same exact settings. I rememeber hearing something about the next version of the program (1.0.4?) having the ability to remember window positions so folks who dont use a full screen window can enjoy the automatic window reposition.
|

Celesta Croft
Caldari Agony Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 18:20:00 -
[34]
bumping this just wanting to find out if a new release is still in the works.
|

Celesta Croft
Caldari Agony Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.11.06 02:17:00 -
[35]
bump for the month. any word on an update? 
|

Vix3n
Power Corrupts Trading Inc
|
Posted - 2006.11.19 21:34:00 -
[36]
I've got some kind of "file is corrupt" error going on. I loved V 1.0.1 and I just formatted and v 1.0.3 isnt working?
Suggestions?
Thanks~
|

Ralus
eXceed Inc. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.11.20 00:23:00 -
[37]
I've been using this program for a while, one thing I do find is the boss keys arn't best used for continued swapping in and out to the windows screen, I use the hotkeys bound to a little extra keypad and simply have buttons for "client 1", "client 2" , "minimise/maximise the control panel" and "win key + M" which minimises all open windows
|

Lindris Malren
Minmatar FinFleet Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 14:36:00 -
[38]
The first bump of the new year :)
I would very much like the ability to remember window positions / move the client onto different screens without using semi-fullscreen mode. Hopefully this will be implemented some day.
|

Harisdrop
Gallente ClanKillers Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2007.01.11 17:24:00 -
[39]
Wow this is a find. Does anyone know if he makes updates and if this is opensource?
New NPC NPC Market |

Kamikazi ONE
|
Posted - 2007.01.12 18:23:00 -
[40]
The site appears to be down.
|

Malcanis
|
Posted - 2007.01.12 18:28:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Grismar Hello all,
I just wanted to let you know I've released EVE Launcher version 1.0.0. It lets you automatically launch and switch between eve clients by hotkey. It also allows you to position the clients for 'semi-fullscreen', like my previous tool ShiftWindow did.
The Launcher has buttons that allow you to clear the cache before launching (and undo it if it didn't work), with or without settings.
It's easy to configure and allows up to 4 clients to be controlled at once. More information including a screenshot here:
http://eve.grismar.net/evelauncher
Give it a spin and let me know what you think, Grismar.
BTW: I'm on a short vacation this upcoming week, so expect some latency in my response to problems ^^.
Any chance you could combine this wth the applet that copies your cache folder into RAM?
|

Kachiko deFein
|
Posted - 2007.01.13 01:00:00 -
[42]
Sites down can some one rehost ^^
|

Centurin
Citizens of E.A.R.T.H. E.A.R.T.H. Federation
|
Posted - 2007.01.14 03:23:00 -
[43]
Hope Grismar isn't down for good. That site was immensely useful. ----------------------------------------------- "It's great playing Caldari Online, isn't it?" by Xori Ruscuv
|

Pestachi0
|
Posted - 2007.01.14 09:29:00 -
[44]
you got a new link? the OPs link is bad.
|

ErazorHead
FrenchWing's War Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.14 11:38:00 -
[45]
I really hope grismar.net comes back online real soon since this is the most usefull EvE related website so far in my opinion...
Grismaaaaaaaaar what's going on :(
|

Kito Fernandez
|
Posted - 2007.05.17 20:55:00 -
[46]
Just wanted to let you know (in case anyone is still watching this topic) that http://eve.grismar.net/evelauncher/ is working... |

Ser Prius
|
Posted - 2007.07.28 15:09:00 -
[47]
Isn't there a big performance hit running in windowed mode vs full screen?
|

Mr Friendly
That it Should Come to This
|
Posted - 2007.07.28 21:34:00 -
[48]
Edited by: Mr Friendly on 28/07/2007 21:36:45
Originally by: Ser Prius Isn't there a big performance hit running in windowed mode vs full screen?
Bad necro!
Anyways, not if you're running in a 'maximized' window that has focus, like Eve Launcher.
Works great.
Edit: Gris released the Rev2 compatible version recently, as well. (tho my old version was working just fine).
__________________________________________________ FOLD. The Ultimate PVP. It really is Us vs. Them. clicky |

Henry Loenwind
|
Posted - 2007.07.29 08:43:00 -
[49]
There now is a second tool to play (multiple) EVEs pseudo-fullscreen: EVEMover
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |