| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Azazil Amatin
Rapid Withdrawal
3
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 04:21:00 -
[1] - Quote
I'm almost done training for fit full T2 tank (armor repair, damage control and various resistance). But training for T2 large guns (hybrid or energy) will take 34 more days!!
1. Is it a bad idea to try to solo L4 missions with T1 guns and T2 tanks? 2. I will be able to use T1 sentry drones soon but NOT T2 sentry drones (38 days to train for that :( ). However, I was hoping to use Amarr Battleships instead of Gallente (even though I'm Gallente). Since I can't use T2 guns yet, should I go for a drone Dominix for soloing L4?
If anyone has a fit for L4 missions with T1 guns (laser or hybrid) that works for solo missioning, please feel free to share. |

baltec1
Bat Country Goonswarm Federation
12418
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 04:29:00 -
[2] - Quote
You have two choices.
Yes you can run level 4 missions with t1 guns, you will just be slower doing them.
Or you can blitz level 3s in a warp speed rigged battleship untill you feel you are ready for level 4s. ( A mach will earn up to 80 mil an hour in level 3s). Join Bat Country today and defend the Glorious Socialist Dictatorship |

Kaarous Aldurald
ROC Deep Space The ROC
8032
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 04:36:00 -
[3] - Quote
Lasers absolutely do not work with T1 ammunition unless you use Beams, which are a fitting nightmare. And even then the performance is sketchy.
Like baltec said, just do L3s really fast instead. "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
Clean Up Local 2014.-á |

Azazil Amatin
Rapid Withdrawal
3
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 04:38:00 -
[4] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:You have two choices.
Yes you can run level 4 missions with t1 guns, you will just be slower doing them.
Or you can blitz level 3s in a warp speed rigged battleship untill you feel you are ready for level 4s. ( A mach will earn up to 80 mil an hour in level 3s).
Do you by any chance have a suggested fitting for blitzing?
Thanks for the reply. |

baltec1
Bat Country Goonswarm Federation
12419
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 05:10:00 -
[5] - Quote
[Raven, mission]
Damage Control II Ballistic Control System II Ballistic Control System II Ballistic Control System II Co-Processor I
Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I Large Micro Jump Drive Pith C-Type Large Shield Booster Adaptive Invulnerability Field II EM Ward Amplifier II Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II Heavy Capacitor Booster II
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile Small Tractor Beam II
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
This is what I am using at the moment, I'll be upgrading to the rattle soon. The key parts to making a battleship viable as the king of lvl 3 mission blitzing are the Hyperspatial rigs and a full set of Ascendency implants and the WS-615 warp speed skill hardwiring. Combined they make the battleship warp like a frigate. Fitting a Large Micro Jump Drive is also handy in shortening missions but is optional if you are having fitting issues. Without knowing your skills its hard to come up with a fit for you but I would look into perhaps the hyperion for hybrid/drones or the Apoc for lasers. Something like the following
[Hyperion, Hyperion fit]
Damage Control II Core C-Type Large Armor Repairer Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Co-Processor II Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Large Micro Jump Drive Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 400 Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Scan Resolution Script
425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L Small Tractor Beam I
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Hobgoblin II x5 Warden I x5 Hobgoblin II x5
Should do the trick. Join Bat Country today and defend the Glorious Socialist Dictatorship |

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
5129
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 05:48:00 -
[6] - Quote
Azazil Amatin wrote:I'm almost done training for fit full T2 tank (armor repair, damage control and various resistance). But training for T2 large guns (hybrid or energy) will take 34 more days!!
1. Is it a bad idea to try to solo L4 missions with T1 guns and T2 tanks? 2. I will be able to use T1 sentry drones soon but NOT T2 sentry drones (38 days to train for that :( ). However, I was hoping to use Amarr Battleships instead of Gallente (even though I'm Gallente). Since I can't use T2 guns yet, should I go for a drone Dominix for soloing L4?
If anyone has a fit for L4 missions with T1 guns (laser or hybrid) that works for solo missioning, please feel free to share.
I'm doing that all of the time on an alt. T1 guns, some T2 tank.
It's not what you use, but how well you use it. Anybody who dies daily in lowsec but has good stats can tell you that. Bring back DEEEEP Space! |

Damon Messer
Anonymous Shell Corporation
29
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 06:08:00 -
[7] - Quote
t1 guns will serve, depending on what ship you use for mission running. and the advice of using pirate battleships are out of context, am I correct to guess that you do not have enough support skills to justify flying a pirate BS?
having t2 tank is more important for mission running. a raven is good for starters, if you have good drone skills a dominix will also be fine. Then again, this all depends, which empire space do you run missions for? Because that will also determine what type of rats you will face. Those two are greatly encouraged as they allow you to switch damage types(drones/missiles), If you're a little strapped for isk, that could be a huge cost saver. Also t2 ammo costs more. |

Chainsaw Plankton
IDLE GUNS IDLE EMPIRE
551
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 07:02:00 -
[8] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:Or you can blitz level 3s in a warp speed rigged battleship untill you feel you are ready for level 4s. ( A mach will earn up to 80 mil an hour in level 3s).
A lot of that is from LP conversion if I'm not mistaken, also to earn that kind of rate I would assume decent skills would be required, although probably far less than what is needed in lv4s.
Lv4s can be done fairly easily with t1 guns. I'm just not sure how time efficient it will be. A micro jump drive makes most missions super easy, although generally dps will be lower at that range making completion times longer.
With lasers a mega pulse apoc could do any mission I threw it at. the damage and range aren't amazing, but whenever missions are in multifrequency range they seem to go rather well. I had to use a lower damage ammo to hit at 50km, and that was the main problem with t1 guns. T2 guns and especially Scorch Ammo make it a far better ship.
Also with sentry drones, pick up some faction drones, they are nearly as good as t2.
heh, the more I think about it the more kicking the crap out of lv3s sounds like a good idea. Although I guess if you can afford a nightmare that makes t1 guns far more palatable, tachyons are shibby. You can trust me, I have a monocole |

Josef Djugashvilis
Acme Mining Corporation
2468
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 07:07:00 -
[9] - Quote
Train up and just use a regular Dominix with T2 sentry drones.
Hell, I had to log into the game to see if I had any guns fitted on my mission ship.
I have, two light neutron blasters as I do not like empty slots. This is not a signature. |

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
22539
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 08:13:00 -
[10] - Quote
ishtar is best pony. Frostys Virpio > CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase
I like to gank it, gank it!
|

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight The Devil's Warrior Alliance
2992
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 08:28:00 -
[11] - Quote
I spent that 30 days in an apocalypse...in gurristas space. It's doable with beams and faction Crystals with a micro jump drive. Don't try t1 pulses, it will make you want to pull your teeth out. That said, baltec knows the class a lot better than most so maby try his thing and report back. "Confirming EVE is hot, batshit crazy, and puts out." -Omar Alharazaad "CAKE CANNOT HOLD UP TO BEING A CHARACTER DAMNIT." --áUnsuccessful At Everything |

Azazil Amatin
Rapid Withdrawal
3
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 08:34:00 -
[12] - Quote
is it a bad idea to use laser for missioning in Gallente space? I hear confusing info about that. |

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
23208
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 08:42:00 -
[13] - Quote
Azazil Amatin wrote:is it a bad idea to use laser for missioning in Gallente space? I hear confusing info about that. GÇ£BadGÇ¥? No. Suboptimal, yes.
You'll want weapons that primarily deliver kinetic and thermal damage. You'll want to stay away from explosive and EM. Lasers do a mix of EM and Thermal (with an emphasis on the former) so you'll always do a fair bit less damage than you could with a more appropriate weapon system. GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
Get a good start: Newbie skillplan 2.2. |

Christina Project
Garoun Investment Bank Gallente Federation
344
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 09:06:00 -
[14] - Quote
In after Tippia. ^_^ http://residentoutlaw.tumblr.com - Tripple Volley Thrasher!! WOOHOO! :D |

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight The Devil's Warrior Alliance
2992
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 09:17:00 -
[15] - Quote
As tippia said, it's fine, could be a lot better but it's actually fine. For a LAZOR platform with low skills I found the apocalypse or it's navy Version to be rather forgiving, here was my fit (don't laugh at me for it. This on the other hand is fair game laugh away.) "Confirming EVE is hot, batshit crazy, and puts out." -Omar Alharazaad "CAKE CANNOT HOLD UP TO BEING A CHARACTER DAMNIT." --áUnsuccessful At Everything |

GreenSeed
1059
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 10:10:00 -
[16] - Quote
Blitzing lvl3s on a battleship is actually quite skill intensive, you need some good navigation skills to make it work properly. along with some good gunnery support skills because 400 signature guns Vs frigates is not a good idea.
a battlecruiser will do better.
a Prophecy will bring a lot of undersized guns to swat the frigates with along with bonussed drones with both extra damage and extra speed if you use a mid slot for a nav computer. (or two) just don't fit gun damage mods, or if you do get one only, the guns are only for the frigates, the drones can and will destroy anything else.
a combination of warriors and Valks is all you need. and with 2+ DDAs you don't even need to change from Warriors. and if NPCs kill em, just launch more! and no, don't use T2 drones, for lvl3s t1 is more than enough after the changes of the last patch.
for lvl4s, killing stuff will take longer, not really due to the T1 guns, but mainly because of the low Gunnery support in general. |

Nalelmir Ahashion
Omegon 42nd Core
532
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 10:34:00 -
[17] - Quote
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:Lasers absolutely do not work with T1 ammunition unless you use Beams, which are a fitting nightmare. And even then the performance is sketchy.
Like baltec said, just do L3s really fast instead.
Just tested apocalypse.. t2 tank .. 3 heat sinks and meta 4 dual heavy beams (the cheap fit ones).... works pretty well. "What's worse than a foul-mouthed eight-year-old constantly claiming he's had relations with your mother? A foul-mouthed eight-year-old constantly claiming he's had relations with your mother who thinks he's a gangser, that's what." --áAaron Birch |

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University Minmatar Republic
985
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 13:07:00 -
[18] - Quote
Wrong forum ???
Since the drone changes a T1 Domi with MJD is fine for L4s, just jump to a safe distance and pop them from 120km or so. Guristas will cause some pain though.
if you must go Amarr you could always get a Geddon, they are drone bonused and dirt cheap. |

baltec1
Bat Country Goonswarm Federation
12432
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 15:49:00 -
[19] - Quote
GreenSeed wrote:Blitzing lvl3s on a battleship is actually quite skill intensive, you need some good navigation skills to make it work properly. along with some good gunnery support skills because 400 signature guns Vs frigates is not a good idea.
a battlecruiser will do better.
a Prophecy will bring a lot of undersized guns to swat the frigates with along with bonussed drones with both extra damage and extra speed if you use a mid slot for a nav computer. (or two) just don't fit gun damage mods, or if you do get one only, the guns are only for the frigates, the drones can and will destroy anything else.
a combination of warriors and Valks is all you need. and with 2+ DDAs you don't even need to change from Warriors. and if NPCs kill em, just launch more! and no, don't use T2 drones, for lvl3s t1 is more than enough after the changes of the last patch.
for lvl4s, killing stuff will take longer, not really due to the T1 guns, but mainly because of the low Gunnery support in general.
BC lack the range. Navigation wise the primary things are the rigs and implants as by far the most time will be spent in warp. As far as guns go its honestly not too much of an issue as rats will always burn towards you reducing the transversal to near zero. Thats where the sensor booster comes in, lock up the frigs and blap.
In many missions you only have to kill a handful of targets (some you just blap one thing) so hitting out to around 80km can save you a lot of time. I would infact say to take your battleship into level 3s to start with to learn how it work, they are a lot easier and are a much softer way to ease into battleships. It also allows you to train battleship skills and see noticeable improvements as well as oddly enough, giving you better pvp skills in these ships. Join Bat Country today and defend the Glorious Socialist Dictatorship |

Elsa Hayes
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 16:12:00 -
[20] - Quote
Navy Vexor, even with T 1 sentries you will blitz through level 3s pretty quick, the ship is fast and maneuverable at least compared to a BS and can also get optimized for warp speed to take even more advantage of it.
Plus a navy vexor isn-¦t expensive and if you fancy it use faction sentries. Better damage application, quicker than a battleship and cheaper.
Navy Vexor for level 3s all the way! |

baltec1
Bat Country Goonswarm Federation
12432
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 16:23:00 -
[21] - Quote
Elsa Hayes wrote:Navy Vexor, even with T 1 sentries you will blitz through level 3s pretty quick, the ship is fast and maneuverable at least compared to a BS and can also get optimized for warp speed to take even more advantage of it.
Plus a navy vexor isn-¦t expensive and if you fancy it use faction sentries. Better damage application, quicker than a battleship and cheaper.
Navy Vexor for level 3s all the way!
Less firepower than a battleship and it doesn't have the slots to spare like a battleship does for those warp speed rigs, tank, firepower and range or the ability to fit the mjd. Its a great ship and gets the job done well but cant do what a battleship can. Join Bat Country today and defend the Glorious Socialist Dictatorship |

Nalelmir Ahashion
Omegon 42nd Core
539
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 17:12:00 -
[22] - Quote
BS for L3s is plain bad idea. "What's worse than a foul-mouthed eight-year-old constantly claiming he's had relations with your mother? A foul-mouthed eight-year-old constantly claiming he's had relations with your mother who thinks he's a gangser, that's what." --áAaron Birch |

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight The Devil's Warrior Alliance
2999
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 17:16:00 -
[23] - Quote
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:BS for L3s is plain bad idea. why? "Confirming EVE is hot, batshit crazy, and puts out." -Omar Alharazaad "CAKE CANNOT HOLD UP TO BEING A CHARACTER DAMNIT." --áUnsuccessful At Everything |

baltec1
Bat Country Goonswarm Federation
12432
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 17:16:00 -
[24] - Quote
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:BS for L3s is plain bad idea.
How?
They earn the most isk from level 3 missions. Join Bat Country today and defend the Glorious Socialist Dictatorship |

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
23209
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 17:56:00 -
[25] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:BS for L3s is plain bad idea. How? They earn the most isk from level 3 missions. To be fair, that will rather depend on whose L3s you runGǪx GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
Get a good start: Newbie skillplan 2.2. |

baltec1
Bat Country Goonswarm Federation
12434
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 18:00:00 -
[26] - Quote
Tippia wrote:baltec1 wrote:Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:BS for L3s is plain bad idea. How? They earn the most isk from level 3 missions. To be fair, that will rather depend on whose L3s you runGǪx
Doesn't matter who you are running missions for, battleships are always the best at earning the isk running them.
Now who you should be running missions for is a whole different matter Join Bat Country today and defend the Glorious Socialist Dictatorship |

stoicfaux
5174
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 18:01:00 -
[27] - Quote
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:BS for L3s is plain bad idea. I disagree: [Kronos 2014] Machariel: King of Level 3s (86M/isk in assets/hour)
WASABI: Warp Acceleration System Ancillary Boost Injected(Gäó)
|

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
23209
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 18:10:00 -
[28] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:Doesn't matter who you are running missions for, battleships are always the best at earning the isk running them. Oh I don't know. Some LP stores are simply that bad. GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
Get a good start: Newbie skillplan 2.2. |

stoicfaux
5174
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 18:17:00 -
[29] - Quote
Tippia wrote:baltec1 wrote:Doesn't matter who you are running missions for, battleships are always the best at earning the isk running them. Oh I don't know. Some LP stores are simply that bad. Interbus?
WASABI: Warp Acceleration System Ancillary Boost Injected(Gäó)
|

Zimmy Zeta
Lisa Needs Braces.
42934
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 18:56:00 -
[30] - Quote
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:Kaarous Aldurald wrote:Lasers absolutely do not work with T1 ammunition unless you use Beams, which are a fitting nightmare. And even then the performance is sketchy.
Like baltec said, just do L3s really fast instead. Just tested apocalypse.. t2 tank .. 3 heat sinks and meta 4 dual heavy beams (the cheap fit ones).... works pretty well.
While Dual Heavy Beams (as well as Quad Beams) are arguably the most beautiful weapons in EVE and get a huge eyecandy-bonus, their short range and low dps make them actually a poor choice for PVE. I used a NApoc with meta 4 Megapulses before I could use t2 and it worked perfectly fine. 912 dps with IN-MF + Hammerheads and decent range. The only problem is, without t2 guns you won't be able to use Scorch, so your dps at greater ranges will be lower. At facemelt-range meta-4 performs just as well and is easier to fit. That being said, Baltec is right, if you are in Gallente territory, you should rather use a ship that deals therm/kin damage. I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.
|

Chirjo Durruti
Lost Dawn Chaos
36
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 19:07:00 -
[31] - Quote
Azazil Amatin wrote: 2. I will be able to use T1 sentry drones soon but NOT T2 sentry drones (38 days to train for that :( ). However, I was hoping to use Amarr Battleships instead of Gallente (even though I'm Gallente). Since I can't use T2 guns yet, should I go for a drone Dominix for soloing L4?
Use faction sentry drones. They have same damage, optimal and falloff than their t2 variants and have better tracking and tank. HOWTO: No More Tears (solo) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA4ciUrH-k If you can get me a better crew than THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPrtQ9AdoM0 convo me. |

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
1026
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 19:17:00 -
[32] - Quote
Chirjo Durruti wrote:Azazil Amatin wrote: 2. I will be able to use T1 sentry drones soon but NOT T2 sentry drones (38 days to train for that :( ). However, I was hoping to use Amarr Battleships instead of Gallente (even though I'm Gallente). Since I can't use T2 guns yet, should I go for a drone Dominix for soloing L4?
Use faction sentry drones. They have same damage, optimal and falloff than their t2 variants and have better tracking and tank. This is probably the best advice. A MJD Dominix with faction sentries would be a good choice. With the new drone skill changes drone Interfacing 4 is fine.
The problem with asking questions in the forms is you have to sort through the trolls and bad advice. |

Nalelmir Ahashion
Omegon 42nd Core
542
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 19:33:00 -
[33] - Quote
With my current skills + tracking computer and mix of crystals (for always being in optimal range) in apocalypse I average with the meta 4 dual heavy around 500-1500 damage per 4.6 seconds.... it's pretty nice considering but extremely dependent on range\speed\angle.
with right situations using microwave crystal I can 1 shot frigs up to the max lock range of my ship (around 90km).
it's possible to use meta 4 guns but slower then meta 4 cruise. "What's worse than a foul-mouthed eight-year-old constantly claiming he's had relations with your mother? A foul-mouthed eight-year-old constantly claiming he's had relations with your mother who thinks he's a gangser, that's what." --áAaron Birch |

Chainsaw Plankton
IDLE GUNS IDLE EMPIRE
551
|
Posted - 2014.07.20 21:17:00 -
[34] - Quote
Tippia wrote:Azazil Amatin wrote:is it a bad idea to use laser for missioning in Gallente space? I hear confusing info about that. GÇ£BadGÇ¥? No. Suboptimal, yes. You'll want weapons that primarily deliver kinetic and thermal damage. You'll want to stay away from explosive and EM. Lasers do a mix of EM and Thermal (with an emphasis on the former) so you'll always do a fair bit less damage than you could with a more appropriate weapon system.
optimal involves having the right ship for various missions, sometimes that means lasers. But of course in gallente space lasers all the time is suboptimal. You can trust me, I have a monocole |

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University Minmatar Republic
990
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 01:32:00 -
[35] - Quote
IIshira wrote:Chirjo Durruti wrote:Azazil Amatin wrote: 2. I will be able to use T1 sentry drones soon but NOT T2 sentry drones (38 days to train for that :( ). However, I was hoping to use Amarr Battleships instead of Gallente (even though I'm Gallente). Since I can't use T2 guns yet, should I go for a drone Dominix for soloing L4?
Use faction sentry drones. They have same damage, optimal and falloff than their t2 variants and have better tracking and tank. This is probably the best advice. A MJD Dominix with faction sentries would be a good choice. With the new drone skill changes drone Interfacing 4 is fine. The problem with asking questions in the forms is you have to sort through the trolls and bad advice.
yep generic low skill spider tank MJD dominix ( 4 DDAs in low plus 3 slot tank, 3 optimal script omnis in mids plus range scripted SEBO and MJD and 3 or 4 DLAs in the highs) and faction sentries will handle most level 4s. Shoot from 120km plus to be safe take out frigates first. Only Gurista will give it trouble cos Gurista suck to spider tank. |

Ocih
Space Mermaids Somethin Awfull Forums
648
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 01:44:00 -
[36] - Quote
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:BS for L3s is plain bad idea.
True if you follow traditional fitting plans.
Medium rails on a Rokh work quite well. Geddon has no gun bonus anyway, if you are using it to run 3's put Medium Hybrid on it as well.
As for T1, Meta 4 and faction ammo always was good enough. Nothing has changed in mission content that made it not good enough. Attitude made T2 mandatory. |

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University Minmatar Republic
990
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 02:11:00 -
[37] - Quote
Ocih wrote:Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:BS for L3s is plain bad idea. True if you follow traditional fitting plans. Medium rails on a Rokh work quite well. Geddon has no gun bonus anyway, if you are using it to run 3's put Medium Hybrid on it as well. As for T1, Meta 4 and faction ammo always was good enough. Nothing has changed in mission content that made it not good enough. Attitude made T2 mandatory.
drone/RHML rattler eats level 3s |

erg cz
Sliperer
89
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 08:25:00 -
[38] - Quote
Azazil Amatin wrote:However, I was hoping to use Amarr Battleships instead of Gallente (even though I'm Gallente). Since I can't use T2 guns yet, should I go for a drone Dominix for soloing L4?
If anyone has a fit for L4 missions with T1 guns (laser or hybrid) that works for solo missioning, please feel free to share.
Hi.
I am in the same boat. I am a gallente and I love Amarr ships. So I used Armageddon navy issue and Hyperion for my missions. Even before I could use T2 drones. It worked, though of cause much slower , than in artillery fit Machariel.
Armageddon Navy Issue has big natural armor tank and enough drone bandwidth to use full flight of sentry drones. It has also enough fitting to get 6 tachyon beams, so even with all T1 modules you can snipe with large micro jump, which is the safest way of doing L4 missions. It makes em and thermic damage, which is perfect against drones, sansha and blood raiders.
It sucks against angels, though. So I got Hyperion to deal with Angels, Serpentis or mercenaries. Hyperion is not sniper boat, but it can rep a lot. So you fight in middle range. Which brings you very different experience from doing L4 missions.
To stay with L3 missions is a bad idea. Low skilled player makes more ISk and almost same LP sniping L4 missions instead of strugling with hitting swarm of small targets with biig guns. And most of battleships has bonuses to big guns. That why it is not a good idea to use battleships for L3 mission. Of cause there are exceptions, but I doubt that with low skills and T1 modules you can use anything better, than a Gnosis for L3 missions.
If you want my low skill fits for ANI or Hypo - I can post them. Dominix shines with gallente BS skill at least at 4 and T2 drones. I doubt you will benefit from it untill you can fit all this: [Dominix, Dominix - 101 km L4 mission runner] Large Armor Repairer II Drone Damage Amplifier II Drone Damage Amplifier II Drone Damage Amplifier II Drone Damage Amplifier II Co-Processor II Damage Control II
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script Large Micro Jump Drive Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Tungsten Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Tungsten Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Tungsten Charge L 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Tungsten Charge L Drone Link Augmentor II Drone Link Augmentor II
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I Large Drone Scope Chip I Large Drone Scope Chip I
Warden II x5 Garde II x5 Curator II x5
|

Elsa Hayes
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 08:37:00 -
[39] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:Elsa Hayes wrote:Navy Vexor, even with T 1 sentries you will blitz through level 3s pretty quick, the ship is fast and maneuverable at least compared to a BS and can also get optimized for warp speed to take even more advantage of it.
Plus a navy vexor isn-¦t expensive and if you fancy it use faction sentries. Better damage application, quicker than a battleship and cheaper.
Navy Vexor for level 3s all the way! Less firepower than a battleship and it doesn't have the slots to spare like a battleship does for those warp speed rigs, tank, firepower and range or the ability to fit the mjd. Its a great ship and gets the job done well but cant do what a battleship can.
Assuming running Level 3s Using navy sentries it ( navy vexor) has 601 dps with imp navy curators, 639 with fed navy gardes with 3 hyperspacial velocity optimizer I and ascendancy as you suggested you get 7,6 AU/sec warp speed beating any BS aside from the Machariel by 2.5 AU/s If you use tech II hyperspacial velocity optimizers the differences becomes even more glaring in favor of the cruiser.
A RHML Raven factoring in reload has LESS dps, is slower overall, aligns slower AND warps slower, the only thing it does it tanks better. Well of course you can use faction ammo and overheat everything every single mission if you fancy it but we were talking about low skill point mission running anyways so we can-¦t assume everything in perfect conditions.
The only BS worth using for Level 3 blitzing would be the Machariel since it can get the same warp speed as the vexor with good speed better tank and more dps. Too bad that things costs 680 mill right of the bat vs a 80 mill cruiser.
For level 4s yes battleships are the obvious choice but for level 3s even without hyperspacial rigs a cruiser warps only 0.2 slower than a war speed optimized BS, assuming both use ascendancy imps. Now factor in align time and the difference vanishes. Even if you use tech II rigs on the battleship you only gain 0.5 AU/s over a none rigged cruiser.... Use tech II rigs on the cruiser and you get 5.2 AU/sec a 1.7 AU gain over the BS.
But tbh ascendancy imp should not be factored in if we are talking about a rather new player since a mid grade set already costs ~500 mill, same goes for tech II rigs. Right now for the ops purpose a navy vexor used to farm level 3s would be the most cost effective and quickest choice. With full complement of faction sentries we are looking at a total investment of maybe 140-160 mill. |

ashley Eoner
330
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 11:10:00 -
[40] - Quote
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:Train up and just use a regular Dominix with T2 sentry drones.
Hell, I had to log into the game to see if I had any guns fitted on my mission ship.
I have, two light neutron blasters as I do not like empty slots. so instead of 34 days for t2 guns he's spending 34+ days for t2 sentry drones.... That sounds like an awesome plan!! |

Hiply Rustic
Aliastra Gallente Federation
39
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 15:29:00 -
[41] - Quote
ashley Eoner wrote:Josef Djugashvilis wrote:Train up and just use a regular Dominix with T2 sentry drones.
Hell, I had to log into the game to see if I had any guns fitted on my mission ship.
I have, two light neutron blasters as I do not like empty slots. so instead of 34 days for t2 guns he's spending 34+ days for t2 sentry drones.... That sounds like an awesome plan!!
Use faction. Ralph King-Griffin wrote: "Eve deliberately excludes the stupid and the weak willied." EvE: Only the stong-willied need apply.
|

baltec1
Bat Country Goonswarm Federation
12459
|
Posted - 2014.07.21 16:11:00 -
[42] - Quote
Elsa Hayes wrote:
Assuming running Level 3s Using navy sentries it ( navy vexor) has 601 dps with imp navy curators, 639 with fed navy gardes with 3 hyperspacial velocity optimizer I and ascendancy as you suggested you get 7,6 AU/sec warp speed beating any BS aside from the Machariel by 2.5 AU/s If you use tech II hyperspacial velocity optimizers the differences becomes even more glaring in favor of the cruiser.
A RHML Raven factoring in reload has LESS dps, is slower overall, aligns slower AND warps slower, the only thing it does it tanks better. Well of course you can use faction ammo and overheat everything every single mission if you fancy it but we were talking about low skill point mission running anyways so we can-¦t assume everything in perfect conditions.
The only BS worth using for Level 3 blitzing would be the Machariel since it can get the same warp speed as the vexor with good speed better tank and more dps. Too bad that things costs 680 mill right of the bat vs a 80 mill cruiser.
For level 4s yes battleships are the obvious choice but for level 3s even without hyperspacial rigs a cruiser warps only 0.2 slower than a war speed optimized BS, assuming both use ascendancy imps. Now factor in align time and the difference vanishes. Even if you use tech II rigs on the battleship you only gain 0.5 AU/s over a none rigged cruiser.... Use tech II rigs on the cruiser and you get 5.2 AU/sec a 1.7 AU gain over the BS.
But tbh ascendancy imp should not be factored in if we are talking about a rather new player since a mid grade set already costs ~500 mill, same goes for tech II rigs. Right now for the ops purpose a navy vexor used to farm level 3s would be the most cost effective and quickest choice. With full complement of faction sentries we are looking at a total investment of maybe 140-160 mill.
The raven rarely needs to reload its missiles, and for the OP his ship (A hyperion) would have greater range than a vexor as well as the micro jump drive and wouldn't have to sacrifice tank like the vexor would. The warp speed would be 5.35 which when combined with the greater firepower, range and mjd means it will get missions done faster. Align time means very little as you will always already be aligned to warp out of the mission before it finishes and the few seconds spent on the undock and on gates is cancelled out by the time saved in the mission itself.
Cost wise, I had the raven and the implants paid for running level 2 missions in just 2 weeks using the same tactics only with a cruiser (RLML Navy Ospray). Join Bat Country today and defend the Glorious Socialist Dictatorship |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |