| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3857
|
Posted - 2014.07.22 14:20:00 -
[1] - Quote
Something I learned from watching Order of Heroes cartoons when I was a kid: never give superpowers to somebody who hates you. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3864
|
Posted - 2014.07.23 13:59:00 -
[2] - Quote
Nauplius wrote:I understand enough about to Inferno to understand that if you stuff smart people with it they can invent things. I want to stuff the Empire's smart slaves with Inferno and make them invent weapons for the good of the Empire.
The good of an Empire that you consider to be wayward and liberal?
Wait... wait. I'm making the basic mistake of expecting you to be logical and coherent. Silly of me.
Well, it gets my vote. I can't see how elevating the intelligence of a group of Sebiestor slaves who hate your guts and have nothing to lose to superhuman extremes and then setting them loose in a weapons lab could possibly end badly. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3866
|
Posted - 2014.07.23 16:52:00 -
[3] - Quote
Jinari Otsito wrote:Can't see that they'd need the Inferno for that to end very very badly. In fact, I'll pay to see this.
The scenario I'm envisioning is one in which Nappy gets his fully justified comeuppance via a superhumanly foresighted gambit engineered by a vengeful Sebiestor on a supergenius-intellect-inducing drug.
So, I was completely truthful: I don't see how that could end badly. I CAN see how it might end cathartically well. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3870
|
Posted - 2014.07.24 02:20:00 -
[4] - Quote
Nauplius wrote:I believe the danger can be mitigated by having the successful inventions quality checked by some volunteers of proven unquestionable loyalty, who take Inferno themselves and thus can verify what the slaves produce.
So in other words you're writing off volunteers anyway, which rather mitigates the supposed "benefits" of giving it to your slaves in the first place. If you're concerned about practicality, you might as well just cut out the middleman.
Thus confirming that this isn't a good idea on your part, it's just another excuse for sadism. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3872
|
Posted - 2014.07.24 14:11:00 -
[5] - Quote
Not like I can stop you. No matter - your arrogance will be your inevitable undoing, and I look forward to it. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3877
|
Posted - 2014.07.25 13:32:00 -
[6] - Quote
Kim's right though, even with a vastly larger population that's no excuse for inefficiency and wastage. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3887
|
Posted - 2014.07.28 14:19:00 -
[7] - Quote
Having myself experienced restoration from soft backup, I have to say that it's not quite the trauma that some people make it out to be. It's like waking up late in the afternoon after a heavy night's drinking with no idea how you go there: Confusing, but we're plenty resilient enough to cope.
No, the reason Inferno hasn't seen much in the way of deployment to the Capsuleer market is that, I suspect, it wouldn't actually do very much for us. The brain of any established pod pilot has already undergone extensive reprofiling and education via the implant-learning "skillbooks" system to process certain types of information extremely efficiently, divorced from our conscious control and insight.
While those efficient pathways can be iterated upon and strengthened, and new ones generated, the... for lack of a better term, Holistic increase in effective intellect and pattern-matching ability induced by Inferno would be substantially dampened in capsuleers because we've already committed to specialising our brains in a different and incompatible way. When you've already got a supercomputer-brain that's able to micromanage and number-crunch the analytical systems of an advanced laboratory facility without your direct conscious input, taking a drug that would have that exact same effect while also dragging your attention on board and then burning out your neocortex for the trouble seems a little pointless.
Analogy time!
We spend our careers wiring our brains to work one way, while Inferno jolts the brain into working another way. Both approaches constitute a radical modification of the Baseliner neural structure, in different ways. So, it's like looking at cookies and bread, both of which are made with flour, and asking why the cookie modification isn't available for bread. The flour's already been baked into one format and can't now be readily converted into the other. I daresay if you tried to bake cookies using breadcrumbs instead of flour, the result wouldn't be quite as impressive. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3887
|
Posted - 2014.08.01 13:57:00 -
[8] - Quote
I suspect, Pilot Kim, that most of those of us who qualify to be called a scientist are on the list of people you'd balk at doing business with. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3887
|
Posted - 2014.08.01 16:53:00 -
[9] - Quote
ISK says the project is related in some way to one or more of the following subjects: Tibus Heth, the Provists, Home, Traitors or destroying the Federation.
any takers? An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|
| |
|