| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Tye Califax
Imperial Shipment Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 22:46:00 -
[1] - Quote
Hey guys so I've been playing for a month or so and just unlocked level 3 missions. I've been flying an arbitrator for l2's but when I tried it in my first l3, I got destroyed. I was told to get into a battlecruiser asap and I have the BC skill trained up, only problem is I don't have near the isk to outfit one. I've got about 40 mil isk right now and I think its gonna cost close to double that to outfit one, plus the whole 'don't fly what you can't afford to lose thing'. Anyway my question is, does anyone have some suggestions on what I could do to make some extra isk to get myself into a BC? Also, if you have some other advice on what ship to fly I'd appreciate it! Thank you! |

Paranoid Loyd
1355
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 22:48:00 -
[2] - Quote
Almost answered kindly, then I looked at your bio. Stealth begging thread detected. "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight The Devil's Warrior Alliance
3826
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 22:59:00 -
[3] - Quote
Paranoid Loyd wrote:Almost answered kindly, then I looked at your bio. Stealth begging thread detected. Good catch. =][= |

Mac Tir
State War Academy Caldari State
139
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 23:06:00 -
[4] - Quote
You might want to look into Assault Frigates. I've run lvl 4's in an Enyo, for example. The fit I used was small and fast, so could mitigate the damage of larger ships by orbiting, and could permanently run its reppers to keep on top of things. The Amarrian AF's wont utilize your drone skills, but an Ishkur could work.
Ships like the Navy Omen will have the firepower to handle lvl 3's, but you'll need decent gunnery skills to get the most out of them. Faction cruisers can also be expensive.
Some cruisers can handle lvl 3's just fine, but I wouldn't recommend the Arbitrator as its DPS is pretty low, meaning you'll have to endure rat abuse for a longer period of time. Using the Nomen as an example, you'll tend to find that speeding away from the rats is a sound tactic. Blood Raiders are quite short ranged, as is their Ewar, so best to keep them missing from range whilst you yourself retaliate. Always keep moving, and don't underestimate frigates or webbing drones. They will ruin your day if you are not careful.
Head over to the mission forum to get more advice. I run lvl 4's in an artillery fit Machariel, and my tactics are similar to those I listed above. A BC gives you more tank and firepower, but if your skills are shallow in one area, try to compensate with a hull more suited to your needs. Stick with lvl 3's for a while longer; the Prophecy and Myrmidon are ample to the task when T2 fit, and a good stepping stone to lvl 4's.
|

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
20083
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 23:16:00 -
[5] - Quote
Tye Califax wrote:Hey guys so I've been playing for a month or so and just unlocked level 3 missions. I've been flying an arbitrator for l2's but when I tried it in my first l3, I got destroyed. I was told to get into a battlecruiser asap and I have the BC skill trained up, only problem is I don't have near the isk to outfit one. I've got about 40 mil isk right now and I think its gonna cost close to double that to outfit one, plus the whole 'don't fly what you can't afford to lose thing'. Anyway my question is, does anyone have some suggestions on what I could do to make some extra isk to get myself into a BC? Also, if you have some other advice on what ship to fly I'd appreciate it! Thank you! If you can't afford a BC, find some friends to mission with, 2 or 3 Cruisers should make mincemeat of lvl 3's.
Most fun I've ever had in missions was running lvl 4's with a pack of Destroyers and Logi support.
Speed tanking all of the things. Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into the brain, where they ferment. They then migrate to your keyboard via your fingers. That's where shiptoasts come from.
Nil mortifi sine lucre. |

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
16359
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 23:16:00 -
[6] - Quote
Paranoid Loyd wrote:Almost answered kindly, then I looked at your bio. Stealth begging thread detected.
My forums are either bugged, or OP has since deleted his bio.
And since we all know the forums are never bugged, ever, id say the latter happened.
Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings? |

Paranoid Loyd
1359
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 23:19:00 -
[7] - Quote
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:Paranoid Loyd wrote:Almost answered kindly, then I looked at your bio. Stealth begging thread detected. My forums are either bugged, or OP has since deleted his bio. And since we all know the forums are never bugged, ever, id say the latter happened.
Confirming it was deleted, but he is a liar either way, also see corp history, he is a year old and claims to be only a few months. "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

Bel Tika
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
269
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 23:28:00 -
[8] - Quote
ohhh i dont know, maybe continue doing lvl 2's till you can afford to fly an fit the ship of your choice.
You know i started in a venture but i knew i would move onto a barge so i continued mining to pay for the ship,mods an skills, once i got in the barge i knew i would need to afford a exhumer when i finally trained it, so i continue to mine to afford guess what the ship the mods and the skills, after that i want to fly a attack cruiser so guess what i do, i continue to do stuff that earns me isk to be able to afford to do it.
ISK is the easiest thing in this game to get, the more you train the more you get, im no the brightest cookie in the packet an no even the hardest worker, so if you cannae even earn half of what i get each day your a lost cause |

Mac Tir
State War Academy Caldari State
139
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 23:28:00 -
[9] - Quote
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Confirming it was deleted, but he is a liar either way, also see corp history, he is a year old and claims to be only a few months.
But he looks so adorable |

Paranoid Loyd
1361
|
Posted - 2014.08.12 23:31:00 -
[10] - Quote
Mac Tir wrote:Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Confirming it was deleted, but he is a liar either way, also see corp history, he is a year old and claims to be only a few months.
But he looks so adorable
Don't try to make up for the fact you fell for it.  "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

Ocih
Space Mermaids Somethin Awfull Forums
699
|
Posted - 2014.08.13 00:36:00 -
[11] - Quote
I think the OP is already outed as someone trying to take advantage of the NPE shitstorm Mittani.com started but anyway, I'll bite.
Arbi is a hybrid ewar/drone platform.
Use a Maller. You might need to warp out a few times but if you know the aggro chains you will have no problem in a level 3 with a pulse fit Maller. |
|

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
3311

|
Posted - 2014.08.13 00:52:00 -
[12] - Quote
Quote:5. Trolling is prohibited.
Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote. Thread closed. ISD Dorrim Barstorlode Captain Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department |
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |