| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3989
|
Posted - 2014.08.26 13:53:00 -
[1] - Quote
For my part, I would strive to choose a goal in life that inherently can't require that I breach my moral principles under any conceivable circumstances.
Obviously, I'm not able to comment on inconceivable circumstances. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3989
|
Posted - 2014.08.26 14:51:00 -
[2] - Quote
Rouen-Michel en Lefevre wrote:Stitcher wrote:For my part, I would strive to choose a goal in life that inherently can't require that I breach my moral principles under any conceivable circumstances.
Obviously, I'm not able to comment on inconceivable circumstances. How might this function without becoming tautological? If you choose a goal because it eliminates the possibility of violating your moral principles, does that not mean that not violating your moral principles is in fact the actual goal and whatever it is that you are filling your time with is merely a means to that goal? You are choosing a goal because it is your goal, is what I am saying. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your statement, but I am curious.
That's a fair point. My immediate reaction is that it's possible to have more than one life goal, of which one of mine would be "don't violate my moral principles" but now you've pointed it out I can see how that verges on the redundant. Hmm.
I can see I'll have to give Kyllsa's question some more thought. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3989
|
Posted - 2014.08.26 15:25:00 -
[3] - Quote
Just so long as we learn from other people's experience as well as our own. A line may only be visible in hindsight, but that doesn't mean that I have to be the one who first crosses it. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3991
|
Posted - 2014.08.28 13:22:00 -
[4] - Quote
And best of all to redeem yourself. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3995
|
Posted - 2014.08.29 13:33:00 -
[5] - Quote
Diana Kim wrote:Did you know, that in Caldari language there is a word, that has lexical meaning of either a gallentean or hedonist?
I don't think insulting slang counts. If it did, then by that logic the Gallentean language has a word that simultaneously means either a Caldari or a cephalopod of the order Teuthida. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3995
|
Posted - 2014.08.29 16:22:00 -
[6] - Quote
Difference being, of course, that I have bottles of oxygen all over my ships. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox Low-Class
3995
|
Posted - 2014.08.29 17:02:00 -
[7] - Quote
Sorry, I just couldn't resist making a jab about the empirically demonstrable existence of oxygen.
You and I have gone over that argument far too often, so I'm going to back down now. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|
| |
|