| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
185
|
Posted - 2014.09.14 14:27:00 -
[31] - Quote
EVE has music 
I can't remember the last time I heard or listened to it. It was good when we had the jukebox and you could choose which tracks to listen to. Some plonker got rid of it though.  |

Hiply Rustic
Aliastra Gallente Federation
144
|
Posted - 2014.09.14 22:39:00 -
[32] - Quote
The original jukebox music is alive and well and living in my iTunes collections. It's trivial to get the files and run them with whatever player floats your boat. They took it out, I put it back. Not that big a deal, even though I liked the feature. Ralph King-Griffin wrote: "Eve deliberately excludes the stupid and the weak willied." EvE: Only the strong-willied need apply.
|

TharOkha
0asis Group
931
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 06:57:00 -
[33] - Quote
Problem here is not the removal of jukebox.
Problem is removal of certain great tracks completely and that some of the greatest tracks plays only in low sec.
New players are simply cut of from great music of EVE.
And the music was one of the main aspects why i joined this game.
Simple two step solution:
1. There should be an option in audio settings. A check-box "dynamic music = on/off" should solve this problem. And it should be turned off by default so new players would enjoy great EVE music whenever they are in hisec / lowser or any sec.
2. Give us back great tracks like Below the Asteroids, Nouvelle Rouvenor Hero, I Saw Your Ship etc... Those tracks were best and you removed them 
CODE. Venture hunt contest in a nutshell |

Tivookz
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
36
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 08:28:00 -
[34] - Quote
I really miss the Jukebox tbh.
Ranger 1 wrote: The Jukebox was removed because it was: Substandard. Buggy. A pain to maintain.
Painful to maintain? Buggy? what the hell are we paying CCP for anyway if not to maintain / improve stuff?
What's the next step? No character customization at start? Nah, painful to maintain. *gone*.
Market window improvements? Nah that's tricky. *gone*.
Mining? GONE. No need to reboot server.
Epic pvp engagements with thousands of participants? Puts a strain on the server. GONE.
Moving your ship? GONE. GONE MAN, GONE.
Might as well shut down the whole game. |

Destination SkillQueue
Are We There Yet
6599
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 08:44:00 -
[35] - Quote
Tivookz wrote:I really miss the Jukebox tbh. Ranger 1 wrote: The Jukebox was removed because it was: Substandard. Buggy. A pain to maintain.
Painful to maintain? Buggy? what the hell are we paying CCP for anyway if not to maintain / improve stuff? What's the next step? No character customization at start? Nah, painful to maintain. *gone*. It's a matter of priorities as always and no feature is immune to it. There are no infinte dev resources, so you pick and choose which new features to work on and which to ignore/put in the queue. Part of that is deciding how much resources are you going to put in maintaining old features vs developing new ones. With the jukebox the value wasn't there and it wasn't compatible with the plans of future music development which includes partially procedurally done music. Since everyone has a music player on their computer and the music is freely available to anyone who wants it, jukebox was deemed a dead branch in need of pruning. |

Tivookz
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
36
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 09:40:00 -
[36] - Quote
Destination SkillQueue wrote:Tivookz wrote:I really miss the Jukebox tbh. Ranger 1 wrote: The Jukebox was removed because it was: Substandard. Buggy. A pain to maintain.
Painful to maintain? Buggy? what the hell are we paying CCP for anyway if not to maintain / improve stuff? What's the next step? No character customization at start? Nah, painful to maintain. *gone*. It's a matter of priorities as always and no feature is immune to it. There are no infinte dev resources, so you pick and choose which new features to work on and which to ignore/put in the queue. Part of that is deciding how much resources are you going to put in maintaining old features vs developing new ones. With the jukebox the value wasn't there and it wasn't compatible with the plans of future music development which includes partially procedurally done music. Since everyone has a music player on their computer and the music is freely available to anyone who wants it, jukebox was deemed a dead branch in need of pruning.
Maybe not infinite, but it feels pretty lame when devs start cutting in the sound budget, especially since the sound already is in place.
I'm no expert but how much resources could it possibly take to maintain a jukebox?
If it was possible in 2003 when they were programming the game in Hillmars apartment or whatnot then I'm sure it's possible now. |

Desimus Maximus
DeepSpace Manufacturers Brothers of Tangra
79
|
Posted - 2014.09.19 14:23:00 -
[37] - Quote
J U K E B O X
Bring it back!! |

Caviar Liberta
Moira. Villore Accords
681
|
Posted - 2014.09.19 14:40:00 -
[38] - Quote
Good Posting wrote:I stopped paying my sub with real money when they removed the jukebox. I know this is a childish tantrum but i loved it so much and it is the only way i have to express my butthurt feelings. When i have a headache i don't cut off my head, ccp.
Fixed that for your amusement. |

Martin Corwin
Corwin's Corsairs
10
|
Posted - 2014.09.20 08:00:00 -
[39] - Quote
Ranger 1 wrote: and made sure you had ready access to all of the EVE music, including the renditions done by the Icelandic Symphony which have never been available in game. I have yet to find these on CCPs Soundcloud page.  |

Tynordas
State Protectorate Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2014.09.20 09:08:00 -
[40] - Quote
I totally agree with the requests to re-add the jukebox, I used to have specific tracks that I liked to listen to when mining, but since the jukebox was removed, it's just dull dull dull, the current system is essentially just being forced to listen to what CCP think you should listen to but music is personal, what sounds good for one person is boring as hell and annoying for the next. |

Vyl Vit
791
|
Posted - 2014.09.20 18:48:00 -
[41] - Quote
Somebody asleep at the switch here? Anyone with any sense has already left town. |

Super Chair
Project Cerberus Templis CALSF
674
|
Posted - 2014.09.20 22:57:00 -
[42] - Quote
How do you download those tracks? Do I have to find a software that downloads the files as they play? Because I don't see a download link on the page. |

Collie Buddz
0ne Percent. Odin's Call
49
|
Posted - 2014.09.21 00:40:00 -
[43] - Quote
Super Chair wrote:How do you download those tracks? Do I have to find a software that downloads the files as they play? Because I don't see a download link on the page.
Should he able to right click and save target as. Or some variation depending on the browser. |

Rev Fernie
Beyond Divinity Inc Shadow Cartel
3
|
Posted - 2014.10.03 11:50:00 -
[44] - Quote
I have a irl friend that produces perfect music for EVE.
How would I go about getting him touch with the right people at CCP? |

Mr Digs
Snuff Box
18
|
Posted - 2014.10.03 12:13:00 -
[45] - Quote
You know you can download the Music from Soundcloud right?
https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames |

Chiellon
Wolfdale Inc.
6
|
Posted - 2014.10.03 14:22:00 -
[46] - Quote
Music has been muted for me ever since I found out about EVE-Radio. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |