| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

ZeeWolf
Vengeance of the Fallen Imperium Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.08.19 23:49:00 -
[31]
I afk'd about 40 jumps from Empire to Orvolle in a Typhoon. No weapons, no insurance. The journey would take several hours at least, and so i said to myself id just lie down and rest my eyes.
Next thing I know its the next morning, and im in a station, in a new clone! 
|

Duros
|
Posted - 2006.08.19 23:55:00 -
[32]
Originally by: ZeeWolf I afk'd about 40 jumps from Empire to Orvolle in a Typhoon. No weapons, no insurance. The journey would take several hours at least, and so i said to myself id just lie down and rest my eyes.
Next thing I know its the next morning, and im in a station, in a new clone! 
Well never rest , eve needs love!
|

Auren Mars
|
Posted - 2006.08.19 23:59:00 -
[33]
heading to a gate being camped by ships belonging to enemy, shield going down fast, turn round to warp out and forget to turn shield booster on, scorpion goes bye bye
|

Chronus26
Gallente STK Scientific Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 00:15:00 -
[34]
Edited by: Chronus26 on 20/08/2006 00:16:14
Originally by: TheKiller8 I'd put my money on my first pod loss. Back when I was part of ASCN we had a group of pvp'rs (myself included) up in Pure Blind. We generally flew cruisers and frigs so there were plenty of times where we had halve our gang wiped out. After losing my Thorax we flew our army of pods back to Torrinos, a high sec border system we used as our base. Most people decided to call it a night but I thought it was a good time to buy some cheap frigs and haul them with a badger. So I bought a bunch of griffins off the market, set autopilot and away I was.
It wasn't untill I saw a dozen ships on my overview when I realized my autopilot innocently took me back into EC-P8R, straight into a bubble camp. My ship and pod were quickly destroyed and I was back in Torrinos, without implants.
What the hell just happened? I was in Lonetrek, my destination was in Lonetrek and the damn route itself was only 5 jumps long! Why would my autopilot take me into Pure Blind?
WHY!?
After pressing F10 I quickly found out why
*sigh*
I have a simmilar tale,
After some scouting for some friend up in deklein, I took my helios out through EC-P into Torrinos, set my autopilot to take me home and turned round to watch the tv. I glanced back round a few minutes later to see the red glow of nos on my screen, folowed by me realizing i was under attack. I started to laugh as *I thought* the rupture attacking me was about to get Concorded. It was then I realized my autopilot had taken me back into 0.0 I put on my rep and AB and *some how* tanked this ruppy while i got to the gate and jumped...
Lesson?
never
ever
trust the autopilot. -----
|

Duros
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 00:25:00 -
[35]
I have a simmilar tale,
After some scouting for some friend up in deklein, I took my helios out through EC-P into Torrinos, set my autopilot to take me home and turned round to watch the tv. I glanced back round a few minutes later to see the red glow of nos on my screen, folowed by me realizing i was under attack. I started to laugh as *I thought* the rupture attacking me was about to get Concorded. It was then I realized my autopilot had taken me back into 0.0 I put on my rep and AB and *some how* tanked this ruppy while i got to the gate and jumped...
Lesson?
never
ever
trust the autopilot.
The autp-pilot is really a evil genie that always work against your own will, much like an evil familiar 
|

Kindakrof
Caldari Cruor Frater Coalition of Carebear Killers
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 02:04:00 -
[36]
Warping somewhere where things shoot you. And reading forums at the same time.
Cost me about 4 assault frigs, 2 cruisers and a corp geddon. --- --- ---
my sig is pr0 Thanks for the lemon |

ElweSingollo
Starlancers Confederation of Independent Corporations
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 03:07:00 -
[37]
First really stupid thing I did was buying an Enyo in Amarr space shortly after the big spacelane change to make Yulai not the centre of the universe anymore and setting ap back to gallente space then going away to make my tea.. came back to my comp a was like huh why am I in a pod in the station? I had forgotten to set safe on AP and got podded in Vecaima or some such :).
Second and slightly more painful one was in C9N one night we had a report of a Xenobytes gang incoming decided to sit outside the station in order to bait with my Apoc Creamster warped in in a thorax and started agroing me then moved away to about 60k I knew there were about 5 or so more but was within docking range of the station so thought I was fine. I released my sentry drones forgeting ofc that they would agro creamster even though I didn't ask them to fire and creamster started moving towards me I remember stupidly wondering why his shield was going down and then ofc the rest of the gang warped in and I was stuffed, one Apoc down the pan and one slightly ****ed off and embaressed me 
|

Crewmen Redshirt
Confederation of Red Moon Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 03:12:00 -
[38]
Whats the most stupid and funny thing you have done in eve: reading the forums
2nd stupidest: posting in the forums
Born to Die! |

Duros
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 03:17:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Crewmen Redshirt Whats the most stupid and funny thing you have done in eve: reading the forums
2nd stupidest: posting in the forums
both cost ships lol 
|

Devanesc
Disbelievers of Fate
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 03:27:00 -
[40]
Playing eve on a friends PC. Getting into a pvp fight in an enyo versus 4 other ships and think, "why not, i'll run if it turns bad." So my ships goes toast and i slam ALT+A to autopilot out to safety. Lean back in the chair and watch.
Nothing happened.
Jumping to the PC i started to hammer the keyboard...
... I get podded.
Mate comes through from the kitchen and looks at me.
"Whats your short cut for autopilot?" i ask "5th mouse button." "ah."
|

Luc Boye
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 03:29:00 -
[41]
Once upon the time in Curse our gang was getting sadwiched between 2 CA gangs as were travelling. So we get call to regroup at ss in next system and see what we gonna do. So I enter the system, warp to the dude at safespot and run like hell to toilet. So I'm sitting there and hear those faint noises coming out of my headphones in the next room, but Im not bothered. When I got back to my PC I see the screen shaking as my megathron is about to explode. I manage to run to the keyboard just in time to warp my pod away.
It turns out I warped to the safespot with my autopilot on and left the PC, so my ship arrived to safespot, aligned itself and warped off to the gate. I managed to afk to 2 systems ahead before getting blown up by angry CA. Oh and that noise I heard earlier? That was our gang yelling and asking where the hell I was going on teamspeak.
Aftermath was something like: Me: wtf I'm dead? Gang: yeah, no ****!

---
|

Arnold Swartzenegger
Gallente BURN EDEN
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 03:36:00 -
[42]
I once saw a guy buy a cruise missile launcher for 7 bil
|

MrFu
Eve Defence Force Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 03:45:00 -
[43]
I paid 100 mill once,for a kestrel..
|

Brunswick2
the Organ Grinder and Company Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 04:59:00 -
[44]
Heh, mine is when I lost my first covert ops frigate complete with cloaker...
I was flying it down from empire to 0.0 with some skill books and such... and I remembered that I had to change a skill on another account, so I safespotted and cloaked thinking I'd be safe.
So, my alt happened to be in the same system as my main's clone was...
So all of the sudden, I wondered 'wait... why am I in local... oh.."
Turns out I forgot to turn autopilot off D'oh
|

Xailia
Unsteady Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 05:03:00 -
[45]
Cancelled my account for a year: stupid, stupid, stupid. 
"The sky above the port was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel." |

Zikke
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 05:11:00 -
[46]
Most stupid? Stop playing for a few months. -------- Get over it. (TM) |

Gray Carmicheal
Caldari Fallout Industries
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 06:29:00 -
[47]
Not subbing to EVE sooner.
I missed all the fun. :P
Mmm Boobies.
|

Piotr Anatolev
Gallente The Older Gamers Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 08:20:00 -
[48]
Flying with me 1st ever Deimos, loaded up inside an iteron V with all me other belongings of any worth through Amamke on a sunday evening. I couldnt even fly the Deimos at the time but had brought the skillbooks along as well :P
elo snigg camp
|

Spoil
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 12:26:00 -
[49]
Edited by: Spoil on 20/08/2006 12:27:01 Edited by: Spoil on 20/08/2006 12:26:34
Originally by: Piotr Anatolev Flying with me 1st ever Deimos, loaded up inside an iteron V with all me other belongings of any worth through Amamke on a sunday evening. I couldnt even fly the Deimos at the time but had brought the skillbooks along as well :P
elo snigg camp
lmao, you didnt have the isk to ransom your ship out? :D /
EDIT : doh wrong user, / Duros
|

Skawl
GeoTech
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 12:35:00 -
[50]
For a laugh I opened fire on someone random at a gate. I'd been living in 0.0 for over a month but was back in empire for a shopping trip and forgot lowsec had sentry guns.
The guy I attacked is prolly still laughing.
|

Bluestealth
Minmatar Alcatraz Inc. Tactical Narcotics Team
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 13:26:00 -
[51]
1. Not joining at launch 2. Leaving the game for a total of six months 3. Missing out on the last day of beta where apparently we all were given maxed skills
|

Snowpig
United Alliance Nova Republic
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 13:43:00 -
[52]
1. Told an ECP-R Gatecamp in Nalvula i'd like to pay ransom. (was shot and told, that ECP-R don't ransom) 2. bought items for 12M on escrow only to find out, those items have been escrowed on LV1V-Station (set up an 14M courier 63jumps to Hageken with 20M collateral and got the collateral )
|

Minuteman
Shadow Company Alektorophobia
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 13:45:00 -
[53]
*Cough* Guess who *Cough* put railguns on a *Cough* *Cough* crow, thereby *Cough* losing 5 carriers and a mothership *Cough* *Cough*
Came down with space-flu. ----------------------------------------------- |n00b + idea + half arsed picture editing| _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |

Duros
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 13:59:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Snowpig 1. Told an ECP-R Gatecamp in Nalvula i'd like to pay ransom. (was shot and told, that ECP-R don't ransom) 2. bought items for 12M on escrow only to find out, those items have been escrowed on LV1V-Station (set up an 14M courier 63jumps to Hageken with 20M collateral and got the collateral )
badass pirates 
|

Di Jiensai
Gallente Cygnus Alpha Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 14:30:00 -
[55]
Once i shot i pirate in a system with only one Starbase. he was going there in his pod to buy a shuttle. So, i thought it would be a bright idea to buy all shuttles in the station, just to **** him off.
Well, that was when i learned that the station produces shuttles, if all are sold.
Shuttles anyone? --- The Story of the Big-Bad-Nos-Domi and the Brutix Selfproclaimed last instance on Rightousness Issues |

Duros
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 14:37:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Di Jiensai Once i shot i pirate in a system with only one Starbase. he was going there in his pod to buy a shuttle. So, i thought it would be a bright idea to buy all shuttles in the station, just to **** him off.
Well, that was when i learned that the station produces shuttles, if all are sold.
Shuttles anyone?
lawl 
|

Peter Armstrong
Caldari ISS Navy Task Force Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 14:45:00 -
[57]
Well umm... I normanly dont use implants on pete due to he does PVP but i had to jump 30 jumps so i set clone to where i needed to do and poded my self. Problem was i had got +4 implants as i forgot about them opps  
|

Graffix
The Scope
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 15:19:00 -
[58]
Waay back when cruise missles fit in Kestrels and missles would hit anything in thier path to the target, Rampage and I, (RIP Andy!) were Each in Kestrels harassing old CA supply lines. I started getting frustrated in the lack of action we were getting and like usual started smoking and drinking, which lead to me messing around with Rampage and orbiting him like a gnat.
A CA Itty 5 jumps in and we lock him, I see ramps cruise missle go and I fired mine...well I was still orbiting Ramp like a noob and my cruise missle went right up his tailpipe, leaving us both in our pods. The Itty driver took his time to rub it in. Ramp was laughing his ass off, I was  
|

Angry Alt
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 15:37:00 -
[59]
Latest burn was selling a bunch of stuff for 100x the cost because I must have deleted the decimal point accidently. Costly 75 mil mistake 
|

Duros
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 16:04:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Angry Alt Latest burn was selling a bunch of stuff for 100x the cost because I must have deleted the decimal point accidently. Costly 75 mil mistake 
Now i know why your called Angry alt 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |