| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Soul Reaver
|
Posted - 2003.10.15 08:00:00 -
[31]
Ha Ha
Learning Cliff Morkt! :) let me relate a tale of Souls early days and his learning cliff.
So I am in my ibis and being very gung ho I am venturing in 0.0 space ha ha. God I knew nothing and was just playing. I didnt even know how to target a gun at this point. Anyway I warp to a gate and there we have some blood raiders that locked me up. So I warped away thinking they were, get this REAL players!!!
Yes I am sad to admit it but I thought NPC blood raiders were a corp of real players at the time. So I thought ok Ill wait a bit and they will go away and I can jump out! I ended up waiting over an hour LOL before I could head back into safe space. All the time thinking they were a corp that were trying to find me LOL.
Why am I admitting this LOL I must be mad it will tarnish my reputation forever :) But I know all about new player learning cliffs. When I joned the CUlt my rep was for losing ships as I thought I could attack 4 or 5 other ships at the same time! man did I lose some MOAS ROFL.
Be you a Pirate or a Simple Alt creeper! Sooner or later you'll dance with Soul Reaver and His Amazing Underpants
Currently chasing Lianhaun |

IcemansMiner
|
Posted - 2003.10.16 07:17:00 -
[32]
That SOul has got to be worth a darwin Award ha ha ha..
|

Aelius
|
Posted - 2003.10.16 09:08:00 -
[33]
Use the system in startrek. Introduce a new button saying "simulated combat" that way you can shoot a corp fellow without the risk of destroing him. The normal UI would be replaced by a simulated one. When one of the ships has been simulated destroyed the normal ui would appear and the simulation would end. Selling Raven BPC ME20 3M at Yulai 1st Station |

Valeria
|
Posted - 2003.10.16 11:02:00 -
[34]
Quote: Gang
Have you tried this? I have and I took quite a nice security hit frigate-dueling. Same corp, yes. Same gang, big no-no.
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes some nublar, wrecking for 1155.0 damage. |

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2003.10.16 11:27:00 -
[35]
Ok, well for now there is no combat simulator, which would be a nice feature for ppl who don't have corps, or at least a medium sized corps. Quick Fix Solution....Since PvP can either last a little while, of be done in 0.2 seconds practice heavy combat with your corpmates. Just remember, don't forget how to turn your weapons off.
My Corpmates and I have been doing this since we started playing, warp to the sun to test weapons, and practice scenerios that really happen in the game i.e..jumpin point camping battle tactics. This is about the best training you can get for PvP without actually fighting other corps.
You need to be very careful at first so as to learn what your ship(s) can handle in combat. This is so effective for learning how to counteract EW. But heres the kicker, if you mess up, and lose a nice BS in friendly practice combat, it really blows goats, and you get really ****ed at the guy who just had to get that last 500 damage on you and couldn't turn off his damn lasers......... (its ok crick I forgive you).
So with this little bit of info, take it into consideration. You can become a great fighter doing this and go out in Eve and whoop up some booty. 
|

Alfius Togra
|
Posted - 2003.10.16 15:33:00 -
[36]
im sorry but thats a ******* joke...
eve is meant to be like real life, theres no simulator in life if u get wasted then thats just tough
|

Alfius Togra
|
Posted - 2003.10.16 15:35:00 -
[37]
i'll tell you whats another ******* joke .... replacing what i type with *s cos some pathetic muppet might get offended, c'mon even if we're all no grown ups we are cirtainly mature enough to let people have freedom of speach
|

Drutort
|
Posted - 2003.10.17 08:39:00 -
[38]
Edited by: Drutort on 17/10/2003 08:41:46 Aelius
ehhh what heck your like my clone  lol thats funny
 support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2003.10.17 08:50:00 -
[39]
"eve is meant to be like real life, theres no simulator in life if u get wasted then thats just tough"
... I could swear the real pilots in real life spend lots of time in real simulators learning how to cope with all different scenarios they might encounter... but that's just me. :s
|

McWatt
|
Posted - 2003.10.17 09:26:00 -
[40]
PvP is dead. lets start a simulator!
brilliant idea!
PK for EVEr
|

Aelius
|
Posted - 2003.10.17 11:57:00 -
[41]
Quote: ehhh what heck your like my clone lol thats funny
Well it depends who started playing first  Selling Raven BPC ME20 3M at Yulai 1st Station |

Drutort
|
Posted - 2003.10.17 21:59:00 -
[42]
Quote:
Quote: ehhh what heck your like my clone lol thats funny
Well it depends who started playing first 
that depends in retail or in beta  I did start the game 1 month after release, because i wanted to see how it would go hehe... then i joined but if talking about beta i got into it in beta 7 support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |